What open-source/free games are there that aren't complete shit?

What open-source/free games are there that aren't complete shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tRTpMcBnC4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*That aren't complete shit OR REQUIRE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF AUTISM TO ENJOY

Oh, you're just a shit eating console kiddy looking to play open source corridor shooters and contentless RTS'.

Absolute pleb response but there's actually that Dwarf Fortress isn't actually libre.

It's libre not open source

i have aversion to roguelikes with advanced graphics, i can barely stand stone soup

Listen man I completely understand if DF isn't your thing. The UI is strange and the gameplay isn't exactly something everyone is going to flip over, but shit man, it's not autism, it's just not minding the idea of sinking a bit of time into something new.

I'm completely fine with them having graphics, but yeah, ASCII certainly does have an incredible charm to it. I get you.

UFO:Alien Invasion was a X-COM clone that wasn't too bad. I don't think I ever finished it though

I haven't exactly played an open-source game that was absolutely terrible yet, but, GZDoom recently went full on libre with the release of version 3.0. Might be something worth checking out if you're enjoying Xonotic.

There is a very large difference between the autism required for wesnoth, freeciv, or widelands and DF.
And I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but I do have SOME standards.

Kill yourself.

you can use a built-in ASCII tileset if you want

right. i mean, tiles are still ok for me if i like how they look like. cogmind or dwarf fortress have nice tiles.
cogmind is not free by the way.

well if that's possible i'll give it a try for sure

k

Dorf isn't FLOSS.

sage

The Dark Mod is open source and it's absolutely great. It's a Thief fan game with around 50 fan made missions, some good, some bad. If you enable EAX effects with it it's one of the most atmospheric stealth games you can play.

a.d literally has no content

bitch nigga do you even know what those games are? i'll give you a fucking hint they aren't call of duty.

It isn't even finished yet you dumb cunt

But does it have graphics now?

youtube.com/watch?v=tRTpMcBnC4E

nice color palette edgelord-senpai

It's a funny story generator, not a video game, so it won't ever have graphics.

You just posted a 6 year old 240p video of one map.

good open source project

go download rendermax then you adhd riddled fuck maybe you can get a 3d vector graphic mod too so your little neurons can tingle

This has to be bait.
Jesus fucking Christ. How is it even possible to be this retarded.

ASCII is a damn beautiful style of visuals. If you don't like it though, you can use a tileset that gives the game sprites and stuff. It's had the option to have "graphics" for a while now; you can even use a thing that puts your games world into a 3d thing for you to view in first person as you fly around the map and stuff, and there's an isometric spritebased one as well, called Isoworld.

Aw hell no user. Dorf Fort makes amazing stories, and that's probably the most famous feature of it. However, it has a strategy/community management aspect to it. You gotta command your dwarves to mine and build shit and you also gotta come up with good building plans for your fort so you can survive and have some good conveniences among other things. It's a damn good game and has an unbelievable amount of content; to the point where it's almost like a program used to generate worlds and history and lore based around a game. It really is something special and while it isn't for everyone, if you want something new and fascinating to be thrown int your life, I'd highly recommend Dorf. Shit's magical, man.