Wario Land 5 Thread: $$$✡️ Edition ✡️$$$

WAHHHHHH. You like Persona 5? Here is WARIO 5.
I'm here to type up a thing I'm slowly working on, all I need is input and people to discuss it with. I like my ideas, and slowly realizing them, but what motivates me most is human interaction, polishing of said ideas and concepts to really get me going. I dream of being sleep deprived with stressed co-workers and pushing myself to finish the fucking project. Then taking everyone who I've gotten close to for a drink. That, or making a not-wario game with anons here, and a collection of many other people from different parts of the internet if the first idea doesn't work, because, be honest, it won't. It's still nice to imagine.
Anyways, dreams of grandeur aside. I'm slow at coding, but I ground myself and realize it takes years to master it. I'll just practice my drawing for now too, I'm not going to get good overnight, but I will improve if to at least a conceptual level if I keep working hard. There's been so many games I used to love that are now gone, either due to lack of profit, ratings, interest or marketing. Which is how I realized that I never stopped enjoying videogames, just the games I enjoyed the most are now gone. Your family will be too, appreciate them, love them, tell them you care.

Anyways…
Here are some critiques, improvements and muh ideas.

Gameplay
Gameplay is definitely the most important part of it all, which is why I’m putting this first on the list. It wouldn’t be a very respectful sequel without the very ‘’’foundation’’’ that made people here love it so much.
I'd like to fix the problems that Wario Land: Shake It had. That is, to remove any annoying forced fucking controller gimmicks and make it a true platformer, with improved elements from its predecessors. Which means the tackle, block breaker, and the super chucker are all back, and wario is now faster/easier to control, with all new power ups & temporary level handicaps to boot. So far I have these: (Derby Digger, Powerup. For treasure), (Crazy Puncher, Powerup. Wario becomes a fierce punching machine and is able to knock back unbeatable enemies from previous levels and break walls.), (Devil Fire Breather [From the DS Game]), (Spinning Top, Handicap. Similar to the pogo form Wario from WL3, but now he’s offensive instead of a one off transition. He’s used to unscrew nuts & bolts, but also become a tornado with a strong enough spin. He can suck everyone into a tornado and knock ‘em off screen), (Cat Wario. Wario is in black leather spandex, sexy, and you hear rubber every time he moves. He can climb on walls, pounce on enemies, turn into a ball and slide through wet floors like a penguin. He has an idle animation pulling out a wedgie.) (Uncontrollable Farting Wario. When an enemy throws really bad food at wario. Wario then proceeds to fart endlessly, filling the entire level with his gas, revealing secret passages and invisible enemies, wario cannot jump during this phase) (Macroglossia Stretchy Arms Frog Wario. Wario expands his tongue to slap and smack different enemies with his agile and limber body, this opens a brand new opportunity of baddie bashing and platforming, wario is also in a tight suit! Sexy!) (Wild Wario/Warioman, the answer to Mega Mario/Hypernova Kirby/Fierce Diety Link. This is a stronger “Crazy Puncher”. Wario is now super strong and super hungry, he shits fucking fury all over his enemies while becoming a super saiyan-like being. Do not mess with Wild Wario.)

Those are the basic powers I thought for him. My thought is to make some of them appear on command. You press R and can switch between warios’ powers. I’m unsure what should be in the menu and should be a level exclusive handicap. I’ve also got snake wario, girly wario, Picasso wario and enigmatic psychic diamond Wario. I don’t know what the uses for those would be, so they may be scrapped. Level design would be a hybrid between 1 and 4, with an emphasis on comfortable open exploration or frantic pacing depending on the level. One more thing, Waluigi.

I’ve also thought about Amiibo Power-ups. I loathe the idea, but it will definitely be pushed during development. It would have a smug wario telling you to buy all the Amiibos you can like a good little goyjin.
Kirby Wario (Sucks all the enemies in the room), (Mario Wario. This would be wario poorly imitating Mario.) (Link Wario, Wario with a Sword), Squid Wario (Wario inks), etc. This hurts me too much to type. Moving on. Will add to this later.

Animation & Artstyle
This is something I want to see improved drastically, the animations from WL:SI felt very limited, while WL4 felt like a god damn masterpiece. WL:SI either dissapointed due to either due to being Cel Animation being a big challenge, a restricted budget, or both. What I would do here is hire John R. Dilworth, John K to direct the art, and veteran toei animators (I think they’re all dead) to truly breathe life into the world of Wario. Wario has always had a crass, rude, janky Americanized feel, and the last game did it very little favors by sucking all the charm from what made ‘ol moneybags stick out like jewel encrusted eyecandy he is. A slapstick, comedic son of a bitch with a near literal heart of gold is what players wanted. The animators and art directors would give new hires a chance to truly breathe a new life into Wario, and the many characters around him as well. All you need to do to him is keep wario as his regular model, but add squash and stretch to his punching/hit/knockback animations and transitions without taking too much time, like a well animated cartoon. The priority is to make every single animation as satisfying as possible to see, whether it’s knocking an enemy out, restoring your health or collecting an item. Every single frame matters. It’s the cherry on top that makes wario games so satisfying to play. Keep the game at 60fps, but the animations somewhere at 20/23 maybe? Different characters will have different frames anyways. Hell, there are times where a characters limbs move differently than their face, it’s fucking crazy. If the workload is too much, then it will take on a digital/pixelated look that doesn’t look like tweened flash shit.

In the fucking trash can, go away.

Tomoya Ohtani, David Wise, Christophe Héral, Billy Martin, Grant Kirkhope (I think he’s lost his touch), Danny Baranowsky, Ryoji Yoshitomi, Nelward, Yoshito Hirano, Xenocidebot. ‘Nuff said. I’d add a few unheard souncloud composers, but I’m trying to keep these artists familiar to the people here. Whoever did the Soundtrack for Wario Land: Shake it, did such a lousy fucking job at recreating the feeling of the past Wario Games, that it made one of the final pillars of tolerating a mediocre videogame fail. It’s not a horrible soundtrack, it’s just mostly forgettable and generic. With the only good tracks being remasters of Wario Worlds’ music.

Just go to AGDG, man.

What is this, a fangame?

Wario already got the Infinite money bag in WL:SI, and got his gold stolen in WW. So, where do we go story wise from here? It’s pretty simple, stupid! Just bring him more money!! You can do that, or simply erase the WL:SI canon and continue on from 5 as if nothing has ever happened.
So, let’s pick the second option, wiping the slate clean.

You start the game. It’s a nice clean day in the city. There’s a 20 second cutscène of people going about enjoying their day, with picnics, games and such joyful activities, it’s nice and comfy. Then you see a flock of birds fleeing to the left side of the screen and into the air, the screen is scrolling to the opposite direction they are, there are birds now flying to the right, one after another, they fly individually as if being launched. Now they’re spinning without control, what’s going on? Then a squirrel flies by, after that, a raccoon, then a cat, and a dog, then…a cow inside a car!? It flips, crashing against men in uniforms. The camera quickly shifts left, focusing on Wario running away from the cops, jazzy fast paced funk is playing as you see him throwing anything he can at them to block their way. He has a very cryptic golden mask on. He keeps running, cape flapping in the air. They’re catching up to him, but a velvet red aura shrouds him, he runs so fast that he teleports to an alley. He’s safe, Wario takes off the horned mask, having flashbacks. He barely remembers anything, other than this very mask compelling him to break the glass, put it on, and steal everything from the museum he was in. Wario thought of himself, It made him feel powerful. The Wario Silhouette shifted into a disfigured dark shadow, manifesting itself in his thoughts, then he snapped out of it after hearing a hiss boiling sound coming out of a broken pipe. Wario panics, squeezes and twists it like a pretzel it until it’s completely silent, he peeks outside the alley to see if any more cops are there.

He takes a sigh of relief, dials his phone, calling Waluigi to hightail him the heck outta there. He hangs up, turns around and puts both hands on his face, drooping his frown all the way down as he sees a cop peeking on the other side. The cop smirks and glares smugly, tiptoeing closer to Wario, Wario begins backing away, trying to shake the bag of goodies he snagged, but it’s no use, his hand has an uncontrollable iron grip. The cop tiptoeing becomes faster, then Wario begins to fucking run. After that, the cop blows the whistle.
Wario’s more than halfway down the alley and about to escape it, unfortunately the cop breaks into a sprint, tackling him, then several others start surrounding Wario. He’s really in for it now, until, cop loses his grip by the earth rumbling, tumbling everyone around like ragdolls, hot steam coming below their feet, making them dance like monkeys for a few secs and the floor suddenly becoming a sinkhole, Wario and the bundle of cops all fall inside the hole. As they’re in the air, a comedic fight sequence occurs, they try and punch wario but miss and end up punching each other and one gets farted on after, then a slap fight occurs, thud. They’ve hit the ground.

‘’’Now’’’ you can move Wario inside a place that’s unapologetically similar as the starting area from Virtual Wario Land, there are two cops that are unconscious now. The rest are nowhere to be seen. The deeper Wario goes inside the cavern, the darker and more uncomfortable it starts to become, with gibber-like whispers and veiny faces now beginning to shape the pulsing, fleshy walls. Moving hands replace the grass and expressions turn morbid. Distorted and macabre noises fill the rooms you are walking in. Wario rolls his eyes and yawns, but he jumps when there is a scream then gets angry and punches the screaming face. With its many sounds of sharp pain, unholy suffering and incomprehensible terror. It all intensifies to a catastrophic orchestra of horror the deeper you go! Then, it turns to a screeching halt as Wario goes into the last room. It’s completely silent, very polished, airy room. There is a gigantic treasure box, generously covered with diamonds, gems, jewels and many rare items. The inside is shining glamorously with a light so bright, It can give might to any night. Wario’s curiosity gets the best of him, and he decides to a small peek inside, he gasps and reaches into it, seemingly impressed with what’s in there, then a giant hand SHUTS IT CLOSED. Behind the chest there are shining eyes, face faintly visible. A hungry bull demon with red jewels for eyes and gigantic horns.
It starts dragging the box with Wario’s lower body still on the outside. Wario struggles for a bit inside the closed box, but he manages to crack it right open with a big punch from his wario strength, jumping out of it heroically, with a perfect fist formed in his hand. The unexpected opening hitting the demon in the faaaaace. It gets super pissed and shoots a variety of lazers out of its mouth, making holes everywhere on the ground and having Wario fall in one of them. He falls so deep he manages to go to the other side of the world! Now, Wario looks at his fist, kisses it then makes a teasing punch directly at the player, kissing his biceps & knuckles after. This is where the title screen and theme song for Wario Land 5 appears. The hub world is the two cities and the underground where he came out of.

I personally don't want Amiibos. I've never bought one or even seen one in person. Sometimes you don't have a choice but to obey though, it's hard, bosses are cunts. If that choice ever comes up, then I'll make a Plan B and think of something good, but not too good, or else they'll wanna keep screwing people over with physical DLC. It will be useful to milk dummies for all they're worth.

Might be a chinese knockoff spiritual sequel. I'm sick of being a bystander, seeing everything I loved rot. So now I'm going to use this as a means to get off my ass and make something. I've never contributed much to AGDG or draw threads, because I never had a strong enough reason/desire to. Lately, I've been craving a new wario game so hard it hurts. What better way to have a wario game than to make one myself? I'll meet my expectations and have others enjoy something new they've always wanted! I'm off to bed now though. I'm going to make a script then piece everything together with the skill I have now, I think it's best that I actually try something by getting hands on training with it, failing several times, but ultimately improving on it.

Vid somewhat related.

I want to talk about motherfucking wario though.

I do lurk there, by the way. I'll post when I'm truly ready.

I'll post some art tomorrow, goodnight thread.
Expect more autism.

(((Nobody))) will pay the development of your game.

Wario is the most successful character in his world because for one thing he fucked off from the perennially-at-war turd country that is the Mushroom Kingdom and lives in the urbanized Diamond City, he makes a shitload of cash and even if he has to move frequently due to his ostentatious lifestyle, he managed to express his entrepreneurial skills via the creation of microgames and his own establishments. He's got castles, arenas with his own goddamn face plastered onto them - and an audience cheering on him and even gave his autistic sports friend Waluigi some luxurious pinball-resort mix (though that's probably passed on as a gift to avoid getting taxed over all his stuff).

I want you to know I appreciate your autism OP

Yeah, it might as well be dust, OP. If you came here expecting others to do the work for you, you've seriously underestimated how lazy I am.
Take it to aggy-daggy.

I'm enjoying your autism, OP. Keep going.

Maybe we will get some sort of Wario game for the Switch. Probably will be another WarioWare game, but even that would be nice.

As much as I love Wario Land, in particular WL4, this idea of yours kind of bores me.

First off, I say the game should retain a beautiful pixel art appearance, like pic related. John K himself deliberately goes out of his way to make characters go off model and look weird even when they're doing normal actions, because he thinks it's funny. Not that I'm against that style in general, but I don't think that kind of style will work in a WL game.

The story you've written is convoluted and strange, reads sort of like a shitty internet creepypasta. Personally, I'd try to keep it ridiculous. The main motivation should be Wario's lust for money, but it should also indicate Wario's heroic side that makes him occasionally do good things as well. So with that in mind I'd like to propose a story I personally wrote.

A meteor made of solid gold crashes into the planet, and releases a wave of Midas-like energy that turns all of Wario's friends into gold statues. However, Wario himself, napping in his opulent gold-filled castle at the time, was immune to the effect, as all the treasure he's hoarded over the years shielded him from the effect and neutralized it. After doing his morning routine, he gets on his bike and heads off to Diamond City, except sees that everyone and everything has been turned to gold. He is confused and astonished at first, but his reaction quickly turns sour when he spots the site of the meteor impact. A large, muscular alien emperor-type dude comes out of the meteor, wearing a massive amount of jewelry, and ordering his minions to go out and collect all the people transformed into statues to put into his vast treasure room. The meteor is actually a spaceship and these aliens have come to turn Wario's world into treasure for their king, apparently. So Wario sneaks aboard and the game begins with him investigating the ship. There he finds… I dunno, a way to turn his friends back that requires more power crystals or something to undo it all. Eventually the ship takes everyone to a "treasure" planet where the bulk of the game takes place.

And I have to say, Wario never really used farting as a power in his games. He was always about being manly and cunning rather than just crude and childish. The toilet humor surrounding him is something I'd like to be totally forgotten, but unfortunately it looks like it's here to stay as that's the direction Nintendo wants to go with him in Smash and other games.

You must be confused. You NEVER have to obey shitty consumer practices. Only weak willed faggots who suck corporate cock have that mentality. Even then, you have that mindset but then ask to have fucking moloch in the game? You do know the yids will ketevtch like crazy, right? With those ideas, just make a porky/notwario game and call it a day.

Unfortunately, I love amiibos because I'm a good goy. I'd love to see them unlock cool shit.

And I would love to unlock shit by playing the fucking video game but thanks to good goy drones like you, my hobby is destroyed. You killed Wario games and made sure he is le farting man for the rest of our lives. Fuck you.

But it's like you said, they don't HAVE to include amiibo support. Most of the time amiibos unlock shitty unimportant things anyways. It's not a huge deal.

Wario being "le ebin fart man" has nothing to do with amiibos, they've been ruining him like this since Brawl in 2008.

You might not be directly involved but your inaction and lax purchase decisions told nintendo that what they are doing is perfectly fine and to continue to follow the fanbase that eats up the amiibo bullshit.

Wasn't Wario Land Shake it just Wario Land 5?

Yes. It made my purchase of a used Wii worth it.

Going a bit off the retarded end there user.

You just said in your post with the smug computer man that they don't have to include amiibo support and now you're saying that they do.

I buy amiibos because I'm a waifufag who also collects statues of Street Fighter and Darkstalkers characters and I like having cool figurines. I'd like the amiibos to unlock cool shit, but in truth they don't unlock anything that makes them worth buying. So their only real utility is as little figurines, which I'm fine with.

Wario becoming the lol farts clown character predates amiibos by many years and Nintendo is keeping him that way regardless of their existence. Those two things are not related.

Are you serious? Of course they don't have to. But they will because they like shekels. Are you that dense or refuse to acknowledge this basic fact?

just make a tumblr or a page on the fantendo wiki. i don't even think your ideas are that bad but Holla Forums doesn't stand for 'video games i invented in my head but have written zero code for'

A WARIO WITH FUCK AND SHIT. But Nintendo will just ignore it and do more half-assed Mario games

I'd like one that follows in 2/3's footsteps. 4's and Shake It's GOTTA GO FAST gimmick was kinda retarded.

More like its achievements, what happens if you get everything?

That doesn't change the fact that YOU contradicted YOURSELF, dipshit. Your own arguments were that they don't have to and then that they do have to. Now you're calling an objective truth when you were arguing against it just a minute ago. How fucking retarded are you on a scale of 10 to 10?

Found this pic of you.