One Week, One Vidya #10 Scarface: The World Is Yours

Scarface: The World Is Yours
The purpose of this thread is to have a new game to play every week so that we can discover new stuff and talk about it.
This week we're going to try Scarface: The World Is Yours.
Scarface: The World Is Yours is a 2006 multiplatform unofficial pseudo-sequel of the 1983 movie Scarface, developed by Radical Entertainment.
Orginally developed in 2006 for;
PS2, coolrom.com/roms/ps2/41988/Scarface.php
XBOX, theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/x[...]-isos/scarface-the-world-is-yours-usa/
Windows, mega.nz/#!wkVxHKBL!GHLTmwyvZAMKMfpjIKu3UjCvgQasUKFWq4xkDBJef0g sha256sum: 9C38D66EC376523D0032539756FFDBF75ED88B6DEECE3033E7C49C08888066B8
(it is up to date,includes the graphical bug fix via the game via the .bat file for it to take effect - github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/releases/tag/scarface ,no intro and the game's guide. My included save is about 34 hrs spread over a couple of days/a week)
In 2007, the Wii got a port with supposedly improved graphics, nicoblog.org/wii-iso/38265/ .
There was a 360 port being developed but it got KIA'd.
Or look for one yourself, they're all over the net
If you opt for the PC version; Most settings including resolution are stored in the registry,.
wsgf.org/dr/scarface-world-yours
Trying new things comes with the risk the thing you're trying may not be very good.
Previous threads:
Valdis Story : Abyssal City 12005471 archive.is/2017.03.03-215003/http://8ch.net/v/res/12005471.html
The Suffering 12061887 archive.is/2017.03.12-091023/http://8ch.net/v/res/12061887.html
Outcast 12115075 - archive.is/2017.03.17-215353/http://8ch.net/v/res/12115075.html
Naval Ops: Warship Gunnner 12163475 text: ghostbin.com/paste/6ynmt text+pictures: go4up.com/dl/ffcf2664f70dd8/1_week__1_vidya_-_Thread_#3_Naval_Ops:_Warship_Gunnner.7z sha256sum: d11c876bed53d79624d65d7328365948c494aef9e19e5d98393d8a82c513166e
Elite Warriors Vietnam 12217499 (one user's utterly failed attempt) - Text: ghostbin.com/paste/95yjf text+pictures: go4up.com/dl/7d6f6af11a5de0/Thread#4EliteWarriorVietnam.7z sha256sum: c9eece5e1d26bb8aa48f945233bc20b530177b9c10a61cea86e4b8ba5ea83ef5
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition 12247013 (Thread revival which wasn't properly archived before it fell off the catalog) - u.nya.is/fetldp.png
go4up.com/dl/7795556c8d5034,sha256:5efd116f133c0470ffa6530b44f0943d8340c11ef85e252e1a4ed644d68df9b9
ghostbin.com/paste/twzyy
Ronin 12308820
archive.is/2017.04.14-191017/http://8ch.net/v/res/12308820.html
go4up.com/dl/7c96046cdc9c82,sha256:d53fefeae33ea2e089c6243e6d88f00e94cf75e296afad04ef3d8f6c3f018328
ghostbin.com/paste/nqd3m
DINO CRISIS 12367966
archive.is/2017.04.22-045632/https://8ch.net/v/res/12367966.html
ghostbin.com/paste/tcy82
Gun 12402528
archive.is/2017.05.01-040127/https://8ch.net/v/res/12402528.html
ghostbin.com/paste/yg3yf
Bully 12462087
archive.is/2017.05.07-021934/https://8ch.net/v/res/12462087.html
ghostbin.com/paste/wa4eb
OP Pasta (slightly modified) pastebin.com/PVtAQJBG

Other urls found in this thread:

fdossena.com/?p=wined3d/index.frag
github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/releases/tag/scarface
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump for visibility.

This and Saints Row 2 have got to be the worst PC ports ever made, the hassle of setting this thing up again puts me off.

I remember playing this game years ago and enjoying it very much, even though at that time I hadn't seen the movie. What seems interesting in the game is how it discourages you from stealing other people's cars, because their cars are pieces of shit, while you can just call your butler and in ten seconds he brings you your Lamborgini or SUV or Truck or whatever. Also if I am not mistaken the radio works wherever you are, inside a building, in the sea, in a car, etc so that's a plus.
Also your girl assassin that you can do missions with, if you move the camera just right, you can see her panties

bump, it's a good game and more should play it.

Why don't more games do this? If a game that takes place in the 80's where walkmans existed, there is no excuse for having a portable radio in a modern setting.

Played this game years ago. It's a pretty decent GTA clone. Not much to do, though, besides the drug running missions. It's pretty mediocre, but give it a try.

RUSH RUSH GET THE YEYO

Reminder that this game completely shits all over the film's themes and character development, contributing to the unwarranted media worshiping of Tony Montana, while still remaining quite fun to play.

YOU GAIN BALLS

It is a pain in the ass to set up on PC due to webm related happening but once you do, the game is very much worth it

best song in the game

My fucking nigga.

Caught me by surprise the first time I heard it but that shit is welcome during any mission.

I heard the game was sort of like a nice alternative for a vice city 2, and when I started it on my xbox I was surprised to see it running in 720p. Driving around setting up the first few coke missions, when the song kicked in I was like "oh shit. I'm back." Game's great.

The 13AG fix for PC can be rocky for some people

I prefer using the WineD3D one personally
fdossena.com/?p=wined3d/index.frag
Just have to slip a couple .dll in the games root folder and it just werks.

Shieet nigga, I was just playing this. It's such a cool game. It's too bad that it got such a shit port and that it's pretty much forgotten.

Can you imagine a game like this made today? Where you can go on the street and tell girls what a great ass they have and other things we're now forbidden to even think about?

Also, does anyone else experience an annoying bug when aiming from a car, where the camera just jumps around and makes it very difficult to aim?

Wait, I thought Scarface didn't work on multi core systems.

I beat this game a few months back, but I never bothered to get the completion bonus because it didn't really interest me. Have fun, anons and dont forget to constantly talk shit as Tony Montana.

Go fust off your XBOX, then.

It can be fixed.

How?

It's in the OP: github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/releases/tag/scarface
Extract the context of Scarface.GenericFix.zip into the root folder of the game and run the .bat.

All the tools there are signed by MS.

How'd you know I have an Xbox.

No and go fuck yourself, underage. It is the only game on a short setup time that I thought had enough interesting things to be worth discussing e.g. dual cash system.

The fix in tells the game to run on one CPU which is common fix for this problem.

Thanks I was looking for that a while back but couldn't find it.

oooo hoo hoo I got the bitch boy mad you guys

go home and cry to mommy, faggot

How's the Wii version? Only one I have easy access to at the moment.

>>>/cuckchan/

It'll likely be similar to the PS2 Version, with optional motion controls. This is a guess, though, so you're on your own.

flag

Fair enough, I'll fuck with it and see what's up.

By the way, anyone know how many conversations there are in the game in total? It was absolutely mind-blowing seeing how many there are, considering the fact that you can even have a conversation with police officers despite the fact that they only appear when they are after you and despawn very quickly after leaving your line of sight

It's the little things, man. I wish they wouldn't be so repetitive, though, and some are nonsense or look like they're pasted together dialogs, but I love this feature nonetheless.

250 total. thankfully it dosen't count towards 100% completion. There's even dialouge between the important NPCs, even Sosa.

Hey, that's not entirely true. Tony stays off the yayo this time, and that was the most important lesson of all: don't get high on your own supply.

Wii version worked fine when I played it, but it censors the blood and gore, so don't bother.

My favorite conversation was with the Canadian where Tony calls him a "maple syrup-sucking moose-fucker," which has become my go-to remark for pretty much anything Canadian ever.

Fucking loved this game. So much to do at first

Fucking amazing. Only version I played on but it was a great way to do it.

I just played this game. The gunplay is fucking good, absolutely responsive and it has the best autoaim system to ever exist. Game runs like shit with the fix though, especially on my quad core low end laptop.

My nigga!

It does? I can't find any information on this.

I played it myself. in the PS2 version I played beforehand Tony would get blood all over himself when shot and you could hack guys up with machine gun bullets and a chainsaw and it was gruesome. There was none of that in the Wii version when I played it.

I though that was only me, hopefully let it runs better.

Thanks for letting me know, in that case I'll be sure to play either the Xbox or PS2 version.

On the other hand, the PS2 version I played had a persistent bug where the decorations you could buy and put in your mansion would constantly disappear, essentially negating that entire feature. Pretty fucking annoying. Don't know if it was in the Xbox version as well, though.

If it that would mean that the PC port is the least shit which isn't the case of the time.

Yet he becomes even MORE of a self-centred murderous asshole in this game, lacking even the basic motivation of wanting a family anymore and instead doing everything for the sake of money and killing an old enemy.

The film was the tragedy of a violence-fuelled rise to power through an unfair society; Montana was too flawed and too heartless to be allowed to live. Having not only survive but actually succeed in becoming top dog through shooting everyone tarnishes the original message.

And yet, he was murdered because he refused to do one thing that went against what morality he had left.

Dramatic irony in the world of the 80s coke trade. Modern Shakespeare.

Is anyone else having the little issue of pedestrian voices being speed up when you are driving?

Yes, also my game runs a tad slow considering I'm using a 5770 using both the fix included in the mega and this
I'm assuming the second fix's slow because of my card's shitty openGL support.

Isn't that more of a business thing (don't use the product you're trying to sell, don't get high and make stupid financial decisions) than a 'please Tony stop killing niggas' thing?

Haven't played this since High School. Trying out the PC version thanks to this thread. I missed the fun and silly driving this game has.

I knew this voice was familiar.
never 5 get ;_;

>yfw the cops arrived early

I never understood why they even bothered since Vice city was already this game

because money!!!!

This is better than Vice city

I wonder if you ever get the tiger, that's the only reason I tried to finish this game twice when I was a kid.

The tiger died during the start of the game. You can get it stuffed and mounted, though.

Oh fuck I remember this game, it was pretty good from what I remember.

Vice City was only a loose adaptation of Scarface and was filled to the brim with other 80s memes. TWIY stays far truer to the film's story, visuals and music. Plus it's relatively serious compared to Rockstar's constant parodying.

Bump for more yeyo

If anyone wants to create the next thread on the weekend go right ahead otherwise I have one (possibly two idea's) potentially lined up.

What games do you have in mind?

T-Todd?

The Sabouter and Tron 2.0 mainly.

Sounds better than what I had in mind (Company of Heroes and Digital Devil Saga)

Quick question for anyone still checking the thread. Did the PC version not have the issue the PS2 version had that once you left the mansion, any decorating you had done would disappear? Always bugged me way back when.

I don't think so, I check and post my mansion anyway.

Also I get much better FPS ( ~50) with the .bat file fix rather than the .dll fix.

I don't remember much about The Saboteur other than some of the hamfisted artistic choices, that disconcerting tingle in the Holla Forums gland and the smarmy Oirish and snooty French stereotypes for those two characters.
Those stereotypes being pretty great.

Here's my mansion.

The map overlay bug got fixed finally in the GOG re-release. It shouldn't be to hard to try and fix the Super RDX bug, right?

I remember uncensored tits was dlc.

Which comes installed by default in the PC version. It's shame that there isn't a universal PS3 to PC game save convertor.

Did you never get autistic with the Sims? Step it up.

I remember playing this as a kid on my Uncle's PC. One thing I remember is that if you swam, swum, swimmed whatever the fuck too far in the water, you'd get killed by a shark. It was a really neat detail.
I'll definitely play this, thanks user.

7 LIMES
L
I
M
E
S

I like how you can both sprint and shoot at the same time in this game.

Downloaded the game from OP's post. what happens here? My PC is working fine and everything.

Well this is cool, I tried playing again a few years ago but couldn't make it run.

Does she think poor folks worry about scurvy or something?

Isn't cilantro basically free though? Or was that parsley?

Did you remember to apply this fix?
github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/releases/tag/scarface

It is already applied.

Running the game via the .bat will fix it.

Is that an edit?

I'll admit he has less motivation going for him to become a crime lord, having already achieved his goal and lost everything, but he won't kill civilians. Point your gun at one and pull the trigger.
Also he talks about how the coke fucked him and basically accepts the blame at the start after he escapes.

To me, The Saboteur is like if Inglorious Basterds was instead a video game. Ridiculous pulpy fuck-history Natsy-killing adventure starring a guy with a terrible fake Irish accent saving the terribly faked French-accented people from the ebil Nazi oppressors blah blah.

Doesn't matter, just blow shit up. It's WWII Mercenaries.

Somehow The Sims never taught me good interior design.

Ok…maybe if you're single that makes sense but you get many more benefits per household member, especially children.
Also, no poor person is buying limes as a means of food.
On top of that, the food stamp program is a supplement. Not a replacement for other sources of income/purchase.

Consider that said poor people also have welfare (a different check) and are probably in section 8 housing (super small rent to basically free rent subsidized by the government).
There is also a myriad of other programs.

how do you stay on the welfare cycle? Get a job for 6 months, get fired, pick up unemployment.
Now you have an unemployment check for about a year or more as you "look" for work on top of your other shit.

Can you run them over?

So the main character is actually the villain?

Yes and the help can shoot them.

Is there any way to make X360 controller work properly with this game? I hear the game doesn't recognize triggers as a valid input method.

Fuck that. How do I even rebind controls on the keyboard? I can change gamepad controls just fine, but keyboard controls don't fucking budge.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

It's what happens on PC if you play on more recent systems but don't apply the fix

You're wrong. And normally I hate reggae.

I can buy 5KG of high quality meat for that money, with spices and sauces as an extra. Knowing local farmers is a good way to go around when having no income or a low one.

Just no shooting then? Maybe they just wanted to avoid negative publicity or hoped it'd help with age ratings.

That has to be my favorite tack in the game, it probably helped that I limited myself the spanish mix playlisy in the game, since I was playing a cuban.

Tony still had a concience in his coked up paranoia. The devs tried to implement that in the game, though they knew their limits

Haven't been on Holla Forums in years and im treated to a scarface thread. Thank you

No game will ever have a taunt system as fantastic as Tony Montana's.

Fair enough.

bump

I think it is simply because it is impossible to implement forced morality when it comes to reckless driving. For shooting all they have to do is prevent you from being able to pull the trigger when aiming at someone that is innocent, for driving they would have to implement an extremely complex system by which to drive around them without having you crash into invisible walls around pedestrians and without having extremely unnatural movement when driving on the sidewalk.

You can shoot down civilians when in blind rage mode.

It's impossible to do it satisfyingly, anyway. Simpsons: Hit and Run didn't let you kill anyone and there's a few racing games that make it impossible to hit spectators.
Or just teleport them out the way, not satisfying but easily done.

Well that solves that.

Oh fug, right in the nostalgia. I have a disk laying around somewhere, might as well reinstall it.
I remember weapon customization impressed me back in the, especial ARs: AK with underbarrel shotgun (and two mags taped together I think) and M16 with grenade launcher.
But honestly? Fuck this QTE-shit. Laundering money, selling yeyo, even disarming bombs, same fucking QTE. Made me hate its guts.

How about Godfather 1 and 2? Memba those? Actually, 2 a shit.

I remember getting a pirated Godfather 1 that had that thing where you couldn't get out of a car after getting in, so you couldn't finish one of the earliest missions. I spent days trying to finish it on foot (you had to go from one end of the city to the other on a time limit while chased by cops), but it was impossible, so I ignored the main missions and just focused on grabbing all the businesses, on foot. Walking all over was pretty boring but in the end it was worth it.

The QTE for selling drugs and getting good interest is pretty shit.

Because you're a fucking cockroach.

But that's the thing, neither of those are forced morality, all you have done is made a situation where it can't happen.

Bump. This thread deserves to live a little longer.

Anyone have suggestions for the next thread?

Shiggy diggy.

See and . The most likely one is "The Saboteur".

Should the OP renember/manually set the passworr and delete after a week or rely on the mods to delete it after a date/a week from when OP was posted? Potentially both?

Hmm, good question. We've always done it such that the thread was on page 14 by the weekend so it'd fall off. I think the new OP can make a new thread, link it here, then report this thread and ask the mods to delete it. That seems like the cleanest solution to me, but it would make the schedule kind of wonky - but then again, I don't think The Saboteur is very long anyway.