Is my impression or 3D animation simply looks like shit and 2D animation is more impressive in most games?

Is my impression or 3D animation simply looks like shit and 2D animation is more impressive in most games?

Other urls found in this thread:

dinofarmgames.com/a-pixel-artist-renounces-pixel-art/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's because the standards for 3D hasn't been raised to Disney/Dreamworks tier animation. Only mario and sonic in 2007 have gotten there. Maybe overwatch, but NEVER in the actual games.

*Haven't

What?

He is saying

Sounds like something that's already been discussed to hell and back.

2d animation requires effort in making it look as good as possible. Blending or tweaking things to get a better result. Even cut corners might result in a tighter frame or clever trick.

3d animation can often just be done by putting in models, telling them how to move and making sure certain things are in the camera. Cheaper and faster but it doesn't require much thought so it can often slip through if someone isn't paying attention.

The majority of CGI today isn't even on the level of Reboot.

Pandering.

2D is like a painting and is no longer too limited since like the late 90s. 3D is constantly limited by textures, polygons and so on.

It applies to animation as well, 3D just looks like ass to me.

Cartoon animation*

It became a Nip meme, the "so bad it's good" kind, also the "it makes you a little more retarded every time you watch it" kind.
Pixiv artists began to make content and weebs jumped on the bandwagon.

It always comes down to effort and correct use of the tools. A typical modern "art" painting doesn't hold a candle to something like the Mona Lisa, indie pixel "art" is crap compared to Metal Slug or SotN Alucard. A good example of 3D animation is Conker, no not the recent Xbone demo one that looks like a startled Kerbal, the N64 one.

truth

God, imagine being jerked off with that hand.

CONTEXT SENSITIVE

the future is now, old man

Even if the models are good, 3D always looks fucking awkward.

Yes.
Vidya moved into 3d too soon without realizing 2d's full potential.

Our improvements in ass tech have been impressive.

Heres a good explanation on it.

dinofarmgames.com/a-pixel-artist-renounces-pixel-art/

This.
I think op just plays shitty games to begin with.

Crapcom was dead long before SF4. Fuck it so much.

You might be able to find out if you watched more than a few seconds of a 12 episode series.

Doesn't exist.

No, that's Western projection. People genuinely like it.

You've obviously not watched it and don't actually know what it's like.

Weebs don't exist, so I guess you mean Westerners. While it has fans in the West, it was so unpopular it didn't have a single thread on ANN during its airing (it still might not), and even now only 7,400 people on MAL have completed it.

Most 3d games have terrible art direction
It's not that 3d is inherently inferior, although you can kind of cheat in 2d.

Oh its a pete pete the frog thread. And its only a sentence long. Boy sure is reddit in this thread.

Pepe is originally a 4chan meme and is still widely used there and on other boards.

But isn't cuckchan just reddit 2.0? it's userbase is basically normalfag central, 14 year olds and SJW mods all over the place.

You know how most of the people here hate the mods?
Yeah, so does 4chan.