E.Y.E general

We haven't had an E.Y.E thread in a while.
Lets have one now shall we?

How many circles of guilt have you completed?
Whats your go to build?
Whats your go to weapon?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/91700/discussions/0/846960628461877199/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why is this game such a pain in the ass to host for?

The answer is likely Source

Hey partner, you forgot your sage.

Is the little robot worth it? I've been debating getting it.

Does anyone have that screencap that explains the plot of EYE? I've been trying to look for it forever.

It helps you out well enough, just remember to tell it to patrol otherwise it will just hover in place and do nothing. Really there's no reason not to unlock that and the turret. Turrets are almost more effective than the scrab because you can pick them up and just run around.

I almost never use them but yeah they're decent. Summons in general are good; there's no particular reason not to have a clone with you for the bonus firepower, for example. Turrets are also nice whether it's just to secure an exposed armory or to lock down an area you'll be going to lots.

Dystopia really got me in the mood to replay EYE again. Is EYE 2 fucked after Deathwing kinda flopped?

Doing a 40k game was a mistake, I think. 40k games have always been shit, even DoW1, while widely lauded and pretty fun if you're a 40k fan, was actually pretty shitty as RTS games go. Making a 40k game never works out well, for whatever reason.

We know Streum On can make good games and we know Cyanide can make good games so obviously the dev talent can't have been an issue (especially not on Cyanide's side since they also made Styx SoD after working on SHDW and it was awesome, so we know they're still good). And we know Focus Home is still a good publisher. Where does the blame lie? Probably GW meddling. Possibly just 40k being a difficult setting to make a game for by virtue of the stagnant setting and a lot of the fan autism that constrains vidya mechanics for the sake of muh lore (look at all the bitching about SHDW having a sprint function).

As to Streum On's future, no fucking idea, but if they're still in good condition I hope they steer clear of 40k in future and just make EYE stuff.

Please stop posstimg

Why not 4?

Yeah, nah, the lore is not a problem, even though it's permanently stuck on 5 minutes til midnight, there's still tons of shit going on in it. It's just that the GW decided that Fire Warrior flopped because it was about Tau and not because it was a shoddy Halo rip-off, so now they are convinced that WH40K games would not sell unless they're about Spess Mehreens, preferably the Blue Toilet Seats.

DoW1 was a bad RTS. It was a good 40k game if you're a 40k fan. I enjoyed it in that regard. But the gameplay was crappy. RNG damage, unit pathing taken out of the player's direct control due to squads, no flux eco, no strategic camera, etc.

I say one rather than four because if you're not invested heavily into psi force / are light armoured then your polyclones will probably be somewhat weak while the single clone will be much more powerful. If you're psi invested on the other hand then by all means use polycloning. At high levels you can get eight clones in singleplayer all carrying Sulfatums and TRK ADs, which is pretty badass.

The lore is absolutely a problem, it makes a big constraint on what devs are allowed to do story-wise because they aren't allowed to change anything significant, and also gameplay-wise because things that mess with the lore make fanboys butthurt.

The vast majority of Cyanide's games are bad.
It was a mistake hiring them.

Do you even know what RNG is?

Yeah, they're usually weaker if you don't invest in Psi, but they're still great at distracting enemies for a negligent energy cost.

You obviously haven't played DoW1, at least not recently enough to remember it very well. Damage is randomized. So are sync kills. Random number generation in an RTS is not ok.

I'm actually having fun with the hammer and cyber shield, running around exploding everything.
It's true that the Damocles works almost as well but it's still fun

Proof?
Fucking Company of Heroes and its bullshit missing shots at point blank I can understand, but where he fuck is that present in DoW?

Yeah, nah, you're talking shit.

Holy shit why don't you actually play the fucking game yourself and see? Have you ever actually touched DoW because I really doubt it.

Well user, you are not my master. Is that EYE hating faggot here? Suck a dick, faggot.

That image looks like somebody put a photoshop filter over a screenshot.

NO SHIT

I'm touching it right now motherfucker
Wheres your proof?

Spoiler that shit, wtf man.

I wish I could shield while holding ranged weapons

fuckin australians

BR or PT?

Do I look like a shitskin to you?

oh fuck I saw mandalore playing eye earlier today I didn't know it was him

The servers have been very active the past few days so we would benefit from a server or Steam group

Suggest in in the /radcorps/ thread

Is there a mod or command or something to make it permanently 3rd person?
I love aesthetics and setting, but I hate first person games, especially when you get to wear cool armor that you can't even see.

Then go play something else and miss out on a shitton of good games.
I don't get people who cant into certain genres, I can understand casuak plebs, but people here who do it make me sick.

There is difference between being casual and being unable to enjoy specific things in vidya.
Also isn't muh mods the biggest allure of PC games? Why asking for mods triggers you?

But user you can, at least for the heavy weapons.

The thing about the drones( and summons and hacked looters ect) is that they don't give brouzoufs or exp to you when they kill something.
Turrets do but only when you are holding them.
So while they can be quite useful especially when upgraded try not to relay on them too much.

Yes, that is casual shit
And yes, Source has a pretty generalized third person camera mode in pretty much all the games made with it.
Heres the spoon
steamcommunity.com/app/91700/discussions/0/846960628461877199/
You're still a filthy casual

I'm talking about the Weapon Block though, not the Action Skill.

So is he. You can hold it in front of your face and block bullets with minigun/whatever heavy weapon.

Let me post the guides here then.

the thing about blocking with heavy weapons is that you can only do it while running.
Try right clicking while running user you'll see.

Figured out firewall protects you from being hacked passively

Holla Forums plays EYE when?

This gameā€¦ it blows my mind every day.

We had an event some months ago, shit was great mostly DM.

I'd host but I don't know how.
Last time I tried hosting a server with a few friends, it went nowhere.

I couldn't figure it out when I tried hosting recently

Man DM would be fun as fuck.

It is

Is the co-op ded? Not a fan of MP given the absurdity of some builds in this game, but co-op with anons sounds like a blast.

You'll likely find more Coop pubbies than DM

if anyone could host I'd be up to start a fresh new character and play the whole campaign with a couple of anons, that'd be baller

I would but I sail the ocean blue if you know what I mean

I might be able to host in an hour or so.
No promises though.

Alright. I'm trying to host. What % friendly fire should I set?
Fresh characters are wanted.

Doesn't CreamAPI or some CODEX dll mimic the steam serbs so you can connect?

300% :^)
I would come, but I just realised it's 7AM and I haven't slept. I really must reset my body clock.

That's cool man.
If nothing happens today, i might host tomorrow.

I'm in for tomorrow or whenever, as long as it's not 5 am

did you get deja vu

i don't know your timezone but Ill be awake in ca. 8-10 hours. Fro then on I'll be free most of the day.
When people are ready, just say so along with the wanted settings for the server (friendly fire, difficulty, respawn rate).

Its a feature

yurop

E.Y.E 2 when

best way to host this?

with a computer

EYE server is free under tools
If you want to make it joinable, you're gonna have to forward some ports

Alright. I'm awake.
I can try to host any time if someone is willing to join.

Me too.

EYE 2 will be a SWAT like game based in that universe.
The devs said so.

Source?

Its a fucking mess to get. Best thing about it is that it isn't even worth the grind as Damocles is much better.

Well calibrated RNG is perfectly fine for an RTS as the RNG gets rolled enough to convergence very quickly. Civ/XCOM tier RNG has never been a problem in RTS. If you want to talk shitty damage models, lets talk about your beloved Supreme Commander where a bombardment from an Iowa class lookalike battleship feels like its shooting BBs.
It's a bad RTS because it eliminated micro management?

Right so now I completed the Sewer mission and the game put be back into New Eden for some reason. I am both confused and scared.

Before this thread I had an hour in E.Y.E before giving up.

As of now I have 20 hours

Thanks!

Also is anyone making a fucking ghost server yet?

dew it faygot

Any of you fags wanna' play?
steam id: meatfucker

I will but not for a little bit. Last time I used the normal servers they ran like shit though. I'll post in thread when I'm free.

Just post the server IP

host you faggot if you gunna

does it have a PW? I keep getting d/ced

No, was interrupted right after I made my post. Tom Delay's back through the night now.

Who here is also /graymaster/?

Graymaster is good for your first build, but have you considered pumping one stat exclusively?

Like Psi force?

It's really fun to explode out of a body across the map.

I can do that right now.

It's fun to do that a lot and that be the only mode of your mayhem.

suber when

Suber?

Hes obviously talking about Sorbeit which was invented by the French, also the devs nationality.
hes saying server in a mentally ill weeb way

The game really encourages Gray Master with how skills cost more points as you level them up, especially since nearly all of the skills are useful. I seriously hope you guys don't actually put points in Mental Balance.

It's completely useless once you get the proper research, and other easily accessible research leading up to makes it nearly useless.

>tfw I accidently did invest some points into mental balance

What's better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?

The post-credit segment in the temple is incredibly comfy. Something about the music, architecture, and finally having things come together just feels so good, and very few games can get it right and finish on a strong note. Probably on par with the dream scene for just getting the mood in one.

>live in australia so there's no one to coop with without my ping killing me
One day I'll finally finish my first run.

Also from Australia here, want to multiplayer?

can join even if pirate?

Dunno, but I doubt their DRM is good enough to pick up on it. Give it a try on some public servers.

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

Finally finished a playthrough, got the Triangular Gate. Holy shit that was a hassle though.

Also, the last mission was hard as fuck. I had to bump down the difficulty from Ghost to Normal.

lmaoing @ ur life

also this when

I know I'm a fag, but I just wanted to get through the last mission.

You are given armor-piercing weaponry and gates for a reason, user

no excuses, even jackie chan would be disappointed

Stop bullying

kek

re-playing the game here, whats the recommended difficulty and AI settings?

Ghost and Invasion are what you should be running on top of light armor because headshots will kill you regardless of armor. You can turn down AI visibility for stealth, enemies will still see you from far away but at least it isn't as bullshit.

All settings to the max

what about AI presets (stealth, terminator, SBO) do they just regulate how the AI performs?

Stop responding to stupid fucking Jians.

Literally normalfag tier behavior

They are simply different presets, they don't have any special things exclusive to them.

Thank you!

Nigger did I fucking stutter
MAXIMUM
A
X
I
M
U
M

Fuck off with that bullshit

I do it, so why can't you?

It contributes nothing to making combat difficult, it only ensures the increased likeliness of bullshit like enemies seeing you halfway across the map way before you can see them.

It turns the game from baby mode where you're just shooting ducks to brutal doom shit

No, it doesn't, it changes absolutely nothing about fighting in close to medium range. Just because you are too retarded to figure out how visibility works doesn't mean that reducing visibility suddenly makes the game super easy. The fact that it would make the game easy for you shows that you are simply a pleb that acts like using the BOSCO on the highest difficulty is some sort of an achievement.

Look at this Strawhat-Wearing, Tube-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Granny-Lap Sobbing, Nigger-Daddy and Dead-Mommy, Dense, Irritating, Miniature Beast of Burden, Scooner, Ear-Buzzing, Pizza-Faced, Scrab, Ramen-Slurping, Soy-Faced Plebian, Shy-Tongued, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hot-Headed, Pot-Bellied, Leg-Broken-Jinrai.

There's no reason to listen to the idiots who you want to always play on the hardest settings possible. The Temple mission is pretty much always a bitch. You should play on the hardest difficulty and spawn rate you can handle so you can the most brouzoufs and exp but there's no reason to set it so high that you can't have fun.

if you're reading this there's a serb up get in.

What's the password? Or am I looking at the wrong server?

WHERE

Which serb and what's the password?

And new characters?

This board truly is dead

It has been since the 3rd exodus, fag.

When was that?

Mid to late 2015 I think? Or was it early 2016? I don't remember.

You mean the Holla Forums exodus when Jewt filtered anything "offensive" to "trigger warning"?

I think that's what it was, again I don't remember.

are you blind

Don't bully, just wanted to bump the thread.

you deserved it tbh fam

Well I had fun with the game, and that's all that matters to me in the end.

posting concept art to rescue thread from page 10

I liked the atmosphere for a while the first time I played it, but really, you guys like this game to still be playing it? The AI is the worst I've ever seen in Source and there isn't much depth beyond your own character's customization.

nice sage faggot