PSP games run on UMD's

Is there any other gaming platform with its media this short on lifespan? NES carts still work, Atari carts still work. For years Saturn discrot was considered the worst case scenario but it seems UMD is far worse but less people care.

Anyone have a launch week UMD? has it suffered gluerot?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Generic-Replacement-Shell-804551664342-Sony-PSP/dp/B0060RQL6O
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What PSP games haven't had their roms dumped?

Has anything post N64 had a complete dump? Theres always things people either aren't interested in dumping or can't find. I don't even know if the Saturn has a full emulator library yet.

GBA and USA PS2 were complete last I heard (other region PS2 may be complete too)

Man PS2 would be a goddamn achievement. The amount of Sneak King tier budget games on a shoestring releases makes that a monster library.

I mean, I get your point but why play it via physical media when it's easier and better to just put CFW on a PSP and play it via iso/cso?

Can't you just take the disc and put it in another case?

Thank god for emulation.
I can't imagine any PSP game that's not ripped and uploaded by now to be that good in the first place. Usually even rather obscure titles manage to reach the internet. Can you name any, OP?

While not a PSP game, I know the X68000 of Twilight hasn't been ripped yet, because I can't find the damn thing anywhere online. The PC-98 version I can find, but not the X68000 version.

hahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahaha

Yeah, because once glue has lost it's adhesiveness, it's impossible to reapply with a stronger bonding agent.

What, does the lady down at the glue store have your picture on the wall with a "do not sell to this person" label on it?

amazon.com/Generic-Replacement-Shell-804551664342-Sony-PSP/dp/B0060RQL6O

Wow. You're right! Now every owner is going to shell out 10 bucks for a piece of plastic.
THE PSP LIBRARY IS SAVED!!!
Fucking Dumbass.

You have glue stores?

so you're just baiting?

I'm just showing it's possible to replace the case. No need to throw a tantrum.

At this point it's probably just UMD videos and music.

But do we have the best PSP game?

That PC rocked. Shame that PC hardware took so long to recover from the 90s. Amiga and X68K did what Windows 98 could barely do.

I just like X68000 games for having god tier soundtrack. It's port of Bosconian has to be my favorite simply for the that it has music in it composed by Yuzo Koshiro.

*simply for the fact that.

You're right, we should just accept they are destroyed and chuck them in the trash then. We wouldn't want to potentially, maybe, cause some slight harm to the disk after the case has cleaved in two and rendered the media unplayable.

I'm not, I just like being a dick

I don't know who the man in your reaction image is, but I want him to fuck me raw

Can physical media in the most ideal environment survive forever?

ye,

I'd call you a fag and tell you to kill yourself, but I want to fuck Yoichi from the same manga.

Wanna double suicide?

Fuck it. Yes. About time an user offered to kill himself too.

Let's do this shit! Choose your method.

A hard drive and an SSD are both still physical media. A hard drive is no less physical than a CD.

I think he means older types of storage

Hard Drives came before CDs and DVDs.

No. From worst to best if not properly cared for it goes

Where's RAM on that list?

10 years used/130 unused

RAM is not physical media, you can always download more

Interesting, do early hard drives still work now?

I know jack shit about Vinyl, can someone explain this black magic?

Got a source on that?

I thought people around here were smarter.

you disgusting criminal

Vinyl is a wax disc, it spins and a needle travelling over the grooves in the wax produces a sound that changes vibration and pitch as the needle moves in 3d space across the disc.

the same method has been used with needles on ancient greek pottery to hear the sounds of a volcano eruption recored in the walls of jars made at the time of the eruption.

Do a Thelma & Louise into a canyon, but this is Holla Forums, so we gotta do it in an OutRun machine car. Or, I'll take the Outrun and you can have the Hang-On bike.

at lest take an after burned climax with the hydraulics fucked like a sane man.

Vinyl does not last forever.
Listen to a record from the 70s and enjoy all the crackling

Link to this shit?

Are there any places with a semi smooth surface leading up to the edge of a cliff? If so, it could be easy as dropping one of those machines onto some of those plastic scooter things that elementary schools have for the kids to dick around on and giving it a bit of a push.

What

It may be because it's 5:30 and I haven't slept yet, but you're telling me that the sound of a fucking volcano eruption got "trapped" in fucking pottery?

Physics are nightmare things. A nuclear bomb exploding can vaporise you so hard your shadow is burnt into stone.

Go to bed.

do you know how pottery is made?

since its soft while its being molded, they spin it around to be even on all sides, something like an earthquake or explosion would leave grooves in it.

Also hang on, what do you think vinyl is?

I don't think you thought this through, OP.

I don't think you even need a pandora battery anymore.

At the minimum, collectorfags can keep their physical copies in a playable condition.

How do you think vinyl and earlier phonograph cylinder recording work, user? Extrapolate.

Pandora battery?
PSP CFW is literally as easy nowadays as
Unless you want to perma-CFW it, which takes more work.

music is fukken wierd m8

Even perma-CFW is piss easy if you even have a modicum of computer knowledge. It's easier than the 3DS.

Same here, hahahah!

no you're not, faggot, you're theorizing that it's possible to replace the case. you're talking about gluing a bunch of flimsy plastic back around a minidisc type thing that spins at high speed and hoping it works.

Apart from the inherent fragility of optical discs, what's to stop people from creating a regular disc-drive type reader? Just expense?
Optical discs were a mistake and you can't convince me otherwise

Those replacement cases don't require glue you double nigger. They snap together.

>>>/furry/

Shut up, faggot.

If the glue is so cheap then whats keeping me from using a solvent and some cleaning tools and applying a better adhisive and fix the problem.

>>>/cunny/

I have a PSP and I actually bought the games I liked when I found them cheap. I only used the UMD drive to verify a dump of a game (it had the same hash) and never again.

I got most of the games I actually enjoyed on UMD or PSN (largely because they were cheap, as I got my PSP right before they stopped production). Only things I didn't buy were Dungeons and Dragons Tactics (printed in limited quantities), Gurumin (Was going to buy PC version. Got it for free), and all but one of the Japanese games I played (because importing is a pain in the ass. Amazon's US site had that one I got for cheap for some reason)

(oh and because people always ask, Kenka Bancho isn't a bad dump, it just crashes because the game was never designed to use the PSP's full clock speed and modern CFW enables that by default. PPSSPP will play it flawlessly now if you get the latest SVN)

You dummies, i'm showing the retarded OP how piss easy it is to store your fucking psp games. I want to say he made this as a borderline shitpost.

God bless PPSSPP.

All physical media is doomed to death. The only possible way to save anything is to make it digital and spread it as far and wide as possible via public torrents.

Bullshit

does anyone have a pic of all the worthwhile psp games?

But i never played the other games so i enjoyed the 3rd birthday and the gameplay was great for a shooter on the psp

Ultimately even if normalfags have shit taste all the good games end up getting dumped. You have to be a special kind of autist to give a shit about someone's sonic bootleg.

Well fortunately CSOs are no sweat to make and store. I don't think I even know where my actual UMDs are at this point.

Note that it's literally your shadow. It's not that a black mark gets left behind where you were, like some kind of ash, but that the light from the blast is so intense everything else gets significantly whitened. The area behind you is less affected since you took that radiation instead, hence the silhouette.

That's really surprising how high up there that is.

So is PPSSPP accurate for most games? Their compatibility list is shit compared to PCSX2, let alone Dolphin.

I have been playing fate/extra and haven't been having any problems despite not being on the list.

I have several UMDs from around 06 and 07. None of them are broken.

PPSSPP works for most everything execpt homebrew.
The problem is it being a multi-platform emulator phonecucks don't contribute to making compatability lists, so finding out what settings you need to use to make shit work is fucking impossible and just trial and error.
For example, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker co-op only works if everyone has the same loading time, so you have to turn on Simulate UMD delay.

What's there to play on PSP that's not weaboo garbage anyway?

Sounds like nigger shit to me. Changing settings once is fine, but trial and error just to find the right combination? Nah, that's emuniggershit

Worst part is they were dead before they even realized what hit them.

That is porbably the best/redeming of it though, not having to deal with feeling pain, any long term effects or worrimg about the chances of survival in the (most likely) last few momemts of life at all.

just put them on your mem-stick and stop being such a fucking nerd

Yeah, analog formats degrade differently than digital. With vinyl you'll get a noticeable degradation in quality like that, while a digital format like CD will either work or it won't.

do emulator shills pay you to be retarded or do you do it for free

yeah, but because of their mechanical nature they are prone to failure.

A bunch of motors, hinges and bearings need to stay theoretically perfect for a HDD to work. which they cant possibly do.

Keep in mind that most people who still play a PSP hack it to run ISOs

Bet you preach about bit rot from velocidensital hoohah.

never knew there was a PSP Inital D
have a PSP guide I think there is another one

This might honestly be the stupidest person I've ever encountered.

do you real have to try so hard to fit in?

for fucks sake cant even have a proper argument with you retards, just devolves directly into cuck nigger >>>/4cuck/ shit.

I can never really tell if this kind of person is pretending to be retarded or not because consolekiddies are normally this retarded.

Proven untrue more often than I can recall, but 20 years may be pushing it.
Mine still work, by some miracle.
I have cassettes that are over 30 years old that play just fine.
Lies and damn lies.
Also not true. I have floppies from the early eighties that still read without error, and NEW floppies from the same era that format fine and hold files without drive errors.
My 40 year old 8tracks say otherwise.
Bah, the whole list is bullshit.

I have DOS floppies from 1982 that just work

This whole list is fucking bullshit. Nothing but heaps and heaps of it.
Got plenty of cassettes from the 80s that have been played numerous times in the past and still work fine. How do you think Walkmans are still a thing culturally?
LOLNO. I have photos from my grandfather that date back to the mid 1930s that apart from a few scuffs on the edges look as clean and as crisp as the day they were processed. They're going to last another 80 years as far as I'm concerned.
I'm sorry but how the fuck do people know these to be concrete truths at all already? It's been nowhere near the amount of time necessary to gauge how long they can actually last in a proper environment.
Provided you never play it, that is. The second you drop a needle on it and put it on a turntable, the grooves are slowly getting destroyed on a molecular level due to the weight and sharpness of the needle. In extreme conditions a vinyl can be completely fucked after just 20 plays, whereas ideal conditions can ensure 300 or more with relatively good audio quality throughout.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT
WHAT

you can shell out 8000 for a laser vinyl player and have it potentially last forever

They have a lot of issues and don't sound as good as a needle

I have a second hand copy of Motorstorm Arctic Edge suffering from this even though the game isn't even 10 years old, glued it back together.

I'm now reminded of the "mp3 music degradation" troll

I have mine in boxes.
I'm not going to go and look up which ones don't have rom dumps, but I'll list my games that I don't have roms of and if an user notices there is no dump of it I can try to rip it.

-Killzone Liberation
-Armored Core Formula Front Extreme Battle
-Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
-Gods Eater Burst (Have never found a WORKING iso of it)
-Twisted Metal: Head On

I have a couple others like MHFU, Ace Combat X, and MGS: PW which I have found iso's for.

Oh, found another one:
Star Wars Battlefront: Rogue Squadron

I thought I had WH40k: Squad Command somewhere but I don't think I can find it.

I'll bump with this post since I didn't in the last one.

Except I've used those exact cases and they work better than the originals.

Quit being a retard and acting like you know everything.

How the fuck did you have a reaction image just for this post?

nice, the AI battles were neat

I remember finding it at a random gamestop for $5.

Nigger dont talk shit about Sneak King, or I will kill you and your entire family. That game was an underrated master piece and one of the greatest video games ever created thus far. Watch your fucking mouth.

nod bat

QUICK Holla Forums WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PSP GAME?

taiko

nds

What about bitrot?

the ps1 library

"Solid-state media, such as EPROMs, flash memory and other solid-state drives, stores data using electrical charges, which can slowly leak away due to imperfect insulation. The chip itself is not affected by this, so reprogramming it once per decade or so will prevent data decay. The biggest problem can be finding a clean copy of the master data from which the chip may be reprogrammed; frequently, by the time the user discovers the data decay, the master data may be lost."
Take this with a grain of salt because it is (((wikipedia))).

Peace Walker HD

It's the same game but with more content. Even has an English option for everything but the tutorials.

good to know, now I have reason to replay it

What the fuck?

Let's get this straight - you're ok to individually tweak settings in PC games one at a time, but if the game is emulated you expect to do it once for every fucking game?
Are you fucking seriuos?

I have a WH40K Squad Command ISO

Probably one of the racing games

you could have put a vote for ridge racer 4

Ridge Racer 4 then if it counts being a PS1 game

Idunno, it featured a white protagonist who was both a king and not a cuck as far as I know. He may have been the King of Burgers, but there were Earls of Sandwich. I've still never played it nor will I.
Your pic related was still hilarious though, enough for one (you).

Unrelated, but I also have an ISO of Echochrome now, in case that is needed.

Kingdom of Paradise
Crisis Core
GTA VCS with that hacked save that lets you drive on wallas and shit
Both Syphon Filters

SSX On Tour
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition
THUG 2 Remix
The Warriors
The Persona ports are probably decent too

Ridge Racer 2 niggers. It's practically the "Greatest Hits Compolation" of Ridge Racer. Though Type 4 is pretty good too, just not a PSP game.

I wanna fuck that car.

there went the thread

Taiko
DJ MAX Portable 3
Daxter
Fired up
GTA LCS,VCS and ChinaTown
Monhun Freedom Unite
Pursuit force
Ys1 and 2
Disgaea 1,2
DOA Paradise
Ridge Racer 1,2

Wipeout Pulse.

umd was forever a mistake

ya know, there is the possibility that someone could make a small business out of restoring UMDs. if you bought these in bulk, by the hundreds or thousands, they sure as hell wouldn't be $10 each. that's just the markup you get for buying one or two. its why a two liter bottle of coke can somehow cost less than an 8 oz can, despite containing 8 times as much product.