Arena Shooters

Okay anons, which one was Boss of the Gym?

I wasn't serious about HLDM. I barely play multiplayer shooters. My favorite is actually HL2DM because of physics.

Half Life isn't even a shooter. It's a cinematic platformer

Quake Engine>Unreal Engine>Shit>GoldSrc

But in terms of games? Unreal>Quake>Ass Life
Seriously Valve and their whole Half Life series is overrated as fuck

Also open this up to other shit, like Unreal Tournament vs Quake 3 vs Garbage vs Counter Shriek.

New question, what is better in terms of skill needed and community: Call of Duty or Counter-Strike.

The thing I hated about Half-Life the most was the floaty movement and how your character is in the shape of a fridge, that's what killed it for me, not it being overrated as fuck.

Oh wow, that's like asking what sort of fucking cancer I would rather have. I think I prefer the Call of Duty community more honestly because you know what you are getting, i.e. dudebros and kids. The Counter Shite community is just pretentious as fuck though and full of edgy teens. Both games overly rely on ping and RNG and I am sorry user but I need to fucking throw up now. Fuck you.

Quake gave the rest quality mods

Quake is more suited for duel while UT is more suited for team-oriented gameplay modes

HL1 is just your usual FPS of the time which happened to resemble some of the better things of Quake as it was built on its engine. OzDM (deathmatch with runes) and Crossfire with its map-wide nuke button and tau-jumping into the mortar towers will still hold a special place in my heart though.

Quake 3 engine also spawned some really good games, like Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Jedi Knight series, but then idtech sort of faded into obscurity. Though Epic wasn't any better, that retard Cliff Bleszinski chased the dudebro crowd and consoles and basically sent that company down the shitter, holding them back over a decade

Pretty much summed up their differences in a nutshell.

JUST!

Tribes is objectively better than Quake and UT and the people who wholly prefer over those two aren't monkeys who get into fights like that.

Ever manage to play Starsiege Multiplayer?

They're all pretty good games.

Quake

Unreal Tournament, every other answer is fucking wrong.

Apply yourselves

Doom is a different league from those games because, you know, it's not 3D.

I'd argue the community for cs:go wasn't that bad until the LoL shitters started to play it.

I mean CS as a whole, the game has always had a history of underage and third-worlders with the entire series being ADHD fuel of playing the same maps over and over. There are servers exclusively for Dust 2, its variants, and developed-upon variants of those variants, it's really fucking autistic. In fact it can be said for all old Valve games that the people who still play them pick the same maps over and fucking over.

UT all the way.
Best maps, best weapons.

Ya for sure. I agree with when it comes to CoD. Already knowing what to expect. I'd choose cs over that though in regards to the people you're playing with because I really don't like dude bros. I get this weird feeling that there's been a lot more on cs lately.

Quake3 or UT

hl and unreal are both great. quack is shit.

dont forget music

thats not it you fuckin gidiot, Dust_2 is a perfect map because it's a wide open map that gives you multiple choices.

at first you are presented with 3 choices and when you pick one choice you are presented with 2 choices, this gives you reliability and predictability and fun gameplay.

if you are on t you can go MID, LONG, or TUN, You are then presented with 2 or 3 more choices, if you pick MID or LONG, you can either go LONG or pick CAT, TUN or CT MID.

other maps don't give you this option to choose your path, there is only 1 set path and it's pretty shitty and boring.

Dust_2 is also designed in a way which is not claustrophobic so you can choose what ever gun you want to use. its map design is wide enough where you can use any gun from pistol to awp, and its long enough where these guns are viable.

Dust_2 while unintentional was a perfect map.

UT, no contest.

Cache is superior to Dust2.

cache is very claustrophobic, while you are given some options where to go, its picked by fags who are buthurt about dust_2 same with mirage.

Unreal

fuck those were good times. unreal was pretty magical. and i miss tribes Vengeance, best tribes.

Quake 1 > Unreal > Opposing Force > Shit > HL1 > Quake 2

My opinion is the correct one.