New Prey Actually Good

The other thread 404'ed, so I'll repost. It looks like Arkane didn't fuck it up as badly as Holla Forums predicted.

Mod edit: no webm

It's alright/10

Not the greatest game I've ever played but a hell of a lot better than some of the other games in this style from the last few years.

y the image was not included

inb450 (1)s and sages claiming shill thread because it's new.
What's good about nuPrey?

Dishonored 2 must have gotten the B team

no cutscenes start to finish, for starters. The world treats you differently if you start getting alien skillz as you progress and also, the glue gun actually doesn't look like a complete gimmick

No shit Dishonored 2 must have gotten the B-Team, this is nothing like that mess.

The Gloo Gun is probably the best weapon in the game.

Ya know honestly I feel bad for this game, it really is an ok game with some good concepts that is going to be completely scarred by the fact that some higher ups blatantly told them to slap the prey name on it.

what are you talking about? The ending is literally "A or B" in a cutscene.

It looks okay. I'll probably pirate it.

the board rule says replace embedded link with a webm, not completely delete. wtf. it's Mack's video on Worth A Buy until I can get this sorted out. It's like a 16 minutes vid, tho

yeah faggot, and none in between the intro and the ending. are you a nigger that can't read?

Hitchen's razor, bitch

I thought NuDoom was okay, I'll be willing to give NuPrey a shot when there's a crack out and I can pirate it.

Now fuck off shill.

shill

It probably got deleted because it's your job to make a webm, not the janitor's.

I mean at least you were honest about how much shit you eat. Still doesn't change the fact that you ate shit, though.

since the link got deleted by the mods/volunteers

after watching a guy i like stream it, i see that it's a decent game, but it's more of a Bioshock clone comparing to the original Prey.
only negative at a glance is that every normal human being looks like they came from ME:A
this is still an obvious shill thread and i want the OP to fuck off

I don't care how good people say it is. I'm not buying a Bethesda product even if they're only the publishers.

new rule, as far as I've seen. if old, it's not been routinely enforced. whoever edited also half-assed their job, according to the board rules>>12501514
the feelings mutual nigger

i don't care how good it is, it's a Bethesda+DENUVO game so it's a never buy only pirate, now fuck off Todd.

It's also the janitor's job to read their own goddamned rules and only delete or rehost the video if it's provably monetized instead of everybody bastardizing the rule to mean that 8ch should be a Youtube replacement.

Well shit, it actually looks fun

some Holla Forumsirgins really get assblasted when a decent triple ayyy game comes out, don't they? maybe Blizzcuck Entertainment is more your style

My dick was sore that day.

It did one thing right, at least it made go and pirate the original game. It's still fun even after 11 or so years.

Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies

I'm interested. I'll pick it up when they get rid of Denuvo like they did with nuDOOM.

all right, last one that I'm doing. some of you have already gotten the idea or probably just gone elsewhere to see this thanks board mods and volunteers

Is the original Dishonored worth playing?

it's a pretty bad everything about it is massively uninspired. None of the guns are interesting outside of the gimmick gloo gun, the enemies are hp spongy until you get a shotgun and then they all die instantly, The mimics pose no threat what so ever, and the plot's stupid. They hamfist in RPG mechanics so hard they throw in RNG crit chances on your guns.

The game's pretty shite.

THIS!
AAA meme is just that. This is not a good game.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING MAGNET YOU NIGGERS

crack when

What did they mean by this? I thought having more than 8 GB was just a meme?

It's a AAA game, it also has a memory leak, so if you stand around in one map for too long you'll start lagging

Now how about the rest of these nigger Bethesdrones?
Nigger they're just a scapegoat so Bethesda can make a shitty game and leave their reputation untarnished. It's exactly the same as nuDoom.

I don't get it, it seems well optimized, doesn't take up 50+ GB of harddrive space like nu-DOOD but the memory requirement is way out there. Are we going to see different devs take different paths to making their games a complete mess so that good little consumers not only buy Ti GPUs but also drive up their RAM to 64GB?

Denuvo.

The entire game is a cutscene you daft faggot

It's something to do with the gloo gun I think. If you have a ton of the blobs sitting there for too long you're CPU usage just skyrockets.

Oh also, if anyone wants I can go in depth with how uninspired this turd is.

This is always the correct answer.

I think we all know it user. It's a game that stole its name from a beloved game that's over a decade old, tries hard to be the new systemshock with RPG mechanics but utterly fails since all the devs know is how to make bioshock. What else is there?

There's a lot more, like did you know about the fantastic crafting system! You pick up random shit and put it in a device to get "Materials" of which there are 4 types and look like perfect cubes, which you then have to go to a different machine and hit the button which consumes the cubes!
Or that there's only 4 enemy skeletons in the entire game.
Or that they have a "moral choice system" when the endgame goal for a majority of the game is to detonate the space station and kill everyone in it so the aliens don't spread.

Oh shit, I knew I forgot something.
My downvote!

Seeing as the reviewer that was posted ITT compared it to HL, I wonder what deep moral choices Gordon could have done. Fuck these hamfisted morality systems.

You could've picked up that can, user.
Why didn't you.
Also saucer?

See you can free a guy, or feed him to mimics to get more materials! Don't worry the AI talking at you partner will yell at you if you choose the evil choice and say "you're the best" if you choose the good choice!
It has absolutely no bearing on anything and it feels super tacked on.

(checked)
it's definitely worth a pirate, Hitler

good job showcasing your stupidity and contributing absolutely nothing to the thread

I'm waiting for CPY to crack this bitch by the end of next week. If you don't like talking about potentially fun vidya, there are other boards you can spend your time on instead of wasting it here

what mongolian puppet show is this from

Keep telling yourself that, faggotron

what did the shill mean by this?

also
what did he mean by this

(checked)
Not 100% sure but it might be the second Prison Battleship game that's moonrunes only IIRC.

He means it's the same as sucking dicks.
It may be fun, you won't know until you've tried.

I was part right, partial eng patch.

https:// vndb.org/v4852

Thx, girls in pudding pits is my fetish.

Kill yourself.

Is as good as the system shocks or dude sex 1? If not then get the fuck out of here todd

Obvious shill thread is obvious.

what are you talking about nigger youre delirious prey isnt out yet i checked at a bunch of retailers like skidrow piratebay and the like

Anyone doing a stealth build on their first run, if so hows that working out for you?
My first run is just levelling up gun smithing and security weapon damage along with healing items and just blowing everything away with my shotgun while tanking damage, but now I'm running low on materials for more shotgun shells and I don't think I could just smack everything to death with a wrench at this point so I might be fucked.

people have different tastes, user. i'm sure there is a crowd that thinks system shock 2 is the most fun game out there, but I find it a bore fest. i will probably pick this up once it gets cracked, but it has certainly impressed me enough from what I've seen and heard about it that i will at least give it a chance. unlike, say, Ass Effect Androgynous or Maninda Divided, which I just don't give a shit about

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

This thread deserves the fallout 4 treatment.

Holy fuck this is the most obvious newfag I have seen in a while. You'd think they would tell you to lurk a bit before shilling.

no homo but what finnish sauna smoke signal is that from?

No time user, OP gets paid by the post.

Boku no really nigger?

It really does, can a mod give approval?

How fucking new are you?

Vols doing gods work

y'all faggots will be talking about this shit on the regular in about two weeks. cap this post

This game is an objectively better SS2 spiritual successor than any of the Bioshock games. I bet Ken Levine is fucking hanging himself right now.

By objectively you mean subjectively right?
It's a failure compared to those because it manages to miss what made system shock fun while attempting to copy the setting almost 1:1

you're so fucking transparent. no one's buying it.

I bet you think that Cup Noodle XV is a good game just because Square made Chrono Trigger 27 years ago.

Lmao, have a bump op

What is with these goons shilling shit games?

No I don't.
Lets see
-actual inventory and inventory management, don't just scarf food down and automatically use items when you pick them up like In bioshock.

-Actual equivalent of the cyber module upgrade system and ability to specialize and actually encouragement of specialization.

-Enemies are not piss easy all the time like Bioshock, actual motivation to exploit weakness to gain the upper hand.

-Leaning is back

-An equivalent of the recycler is in the game and is expanded upon and plays a more important role.

-Ammo is an appropriate amount of scarceness not always stocked up on ammo for your guns like in Bioshock.

I could go on, I'm not even sure what you mean by "what made system shock fun" I guess fucking building a character and managing inventory/conserving resources wasn't a part of what made system shock 2 fun guys wow I didn't know this wow whoa.

Being a vanillafag is pure suffering

Just makes it all the better when you find something that doesn't go beyond leglocking, huh?

Its mediocre garbage and this faggot sucked NuDooms dick dry.

Yep

What is with these (1) and done shitposts?

Wow, it's almost like being owned by a company that has complete and utter control over their work can make a difference!

No you mean subjectively. It fails on having an actual interesting enemy or even threatening enemies. The annoying "scanner" system locking basically all abilities that aren't generic passives. They completely missed the point of the cyber module system, added in stupid as fuck side quests and HUD markers everywhere so there's no real exploration. And you have multiple people constantly yelling at you so any sense of actual isolation is gone.

This ain't cuckchan
Fuckoff lad

It's gonna be funny when we get to a point some years from now that people will look back on the next Bioshock (if there ever will be another one) and call it "SYSTEM SHOCK UNDER WATER???" once the SS1 remake and SS3 come out. Except not really, because I fucking hate people

Can't wait for another Fallout from its original devs :)

I just can't fathom the level of stupidity people in general have when it comes to the shelf lives of games. System Shock wasn't some obscure indie project that came out in the 70's, it was a monster hit critically and influentially on the gaming scene. That people can forget a property that important is fucking baffling.

Why is he responding to so many different people in the thread? It's because he's a shill

Its Bioshock in Space because it plays like fucking Bioshock.

The constant "shills leave reee" posting could've fooled me. It's like I step right into halfchan Holla Forums whenever there's a thread with a bunch of obvious (1) sages throwing a fit.

Wow way to spout a bunch of buzzwords and vague phrases without actually making an argument.

Ive literally never seen any fucking game do the mimic thing like Prey does, furthermore the possessed humans droids and phantoms have great dialogue, no threatening enemies? This game will fucking rape you if you just charge in willy nilly and don't prepare for the fight and get the drop on them what the actual fuck do you mean by "threatening"? Because if you mean in terms of lethality they are plenty lethal.

Every "shock" game had an equivalent of this. In SS2 it was research, In bioshock it was the camera etc etc, the real stupid shit in your post is how your actually complaining about abilities being locked before you make an effort to acquire them, like wow dude did you fucking start hitting yourself in an autistic rage when you couldn't immediately use the shotgun in SS2 and it said you required a higher standard weapons skill to use?

Fuck off.

Literally the only real criticism you've made so far is the side quests and hud markers. Too bad you seem to think that having sidequests = no real exploration. Like wow hmmm I wonder why somebody would be compelled to actually explore instead of just going towards markers, could it possibly be because they want to procure more neuromods and ammo and supplies since the game rewards you for exploration nahhh that cant be it.

t. man who never played SS2 and never heard Shodan/Polito always blabbing in your ear. In comparison Prey is actually very much reserved in that respect.

Why do you care so much that another person doesn't enjoy your game? Is it because you're being paid to defend it on the internet?

If anybody who defended a game on Holla Forums was a shill then we'd all be shills. Come on now you can do better than this.

you didn't play did you, you run up and shotgun them for a massive amount of the game. You're just retarded ain't you.

Whenever I walk across a room I have to hear january/alex/december. Not to mention you encounter hordes of fucking people throughout the game. And SS2's research was much different, you'd know if you had actually played the game.

I saw some fox and 2 babies in there
damn son

If you mean phantoms and mimics sure. But Weavers? Nightmares? Cystoids? Technopaths? Voltaic and Thermal Phantoms? Do so at your own peril, even if you kill them your going to be taking a lot of hits losing a lot of life and thus losing resources that you need to stand a chance in a fight. This isn't even accounting for zero G and space areas where certain enemy types are WAY more maneuverable than you are. Pro Tip: Don't try to chase after a weaver in zero G with your shotgun unless you want him to run circles around you and utterly fuck you up. Furthermore there isn't even any guarantee that you will always have shotgun ammo. The stuff is pretty expensive and much rarer than pistol ammo and isn't even that powerful until you upgrade it sufficiently unless your point blank which just generally isn't a good idea to do for certain enemy types.

That is simply not the case. SS2 had far more dialogue and far more people talking In your ear than prey does. As for survivors It took me like 6 or 7 hours just to find an actual living survivor that didn't immediately get fucked up so there's no doubt in my mind your exaggerating.

But it served the same function. Certain abilities/items were locked until you could pony up and get that shit researched and that was what he was complaining about.

Haha wow you got me. I definitely do not have hundreds of hours in the game, I definitely didn't spend hours playing mods or patched multiplayer with friends. Clearly I don't know anything.

Well at least you admit you're a shill

Noooooo

Now my fears of a Nu Arx Fatalis are looming on the horizon. Also this isn't even a proper sequel to the original Prey and can fuck off on that respect alone, even if it is a fun game.

…
I haven't heard anything about this game, neither for and against. I just haven't followed it at all and know next to nothing about it, but I know you're a pathetic shill.

Who's the retard now?

how can people have such unbelievably shit taste

Fucking Bethesda forced Arkane to call it Prey otherwise they would lose their right to the name or some other legal bullshit like that. Basically they coerced them with threats because that's how Bethesda operates. If any of you want to wait for it to remove Denuvo so you can pirate it and/or refuse to buy on principle of not supporting Bethesda I wouldn't blame you. Its fucking disgusting how they treat the developers under them.

you still.

Stop, man. I can't take this shit.

But I think the new Prey looks good and I liked Dishonored. Arkane hasn't made a bad game yet. Holla Forums reflexively shits on anything new unless it has a big-name "auteur" director.

Don't forget the proclamation of shillery with no evidence whatsoever courtesy of uncle Holla Forums.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE
Wasn't this whole game stolen from one sole closet developer? I remember reading some shit way early in development that the whole game go scraped and made into some shitty clone of another game? I might be remembering it wrong.

HOW THE FUCK DOES BETHESDA KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT, THEY LEGITIMATELY ARE THE WORST FUCKING COMPANY OF ALL TIME
"MUH EA" YEAH FUCK OFF, TITANFALL 2 IS PROOF THAT EVEN THAT STOPPED CLOCK IS TWICE A DAY, BESIDES THEY'RE AT REST WITH KILLING FRANCHISES AS FAR AS I KNOW, I CAN SCREECH ABOUT THEM LATER, AFTER BETHESDA IS FUCKING OBLITERATED FOR HAVING THE NERVE TO PARADE THE CORPSES OF NUDOOM AND NOW PREY AROUND AND ACT LIKE THEY DIDN'T HIJACK DEVELOPMENT TO RUIN IT
I FUCKING HATE BETHESDA SO GODDAMN MUCH, I FUCKING HATE THE NORMALFAGS THAT ENABLE THIS FILTH, I FUCKING HATE THE SHILLS LIKE >>12503162 THAT LOOK AT THEIR POSTS, SEE THEMSELVES TALKING SHIT ABOUT Holla Forums ON Holla Forums, AND SAY "THIS IS INTELLIGENT ON MY PART" HOLY FUCK YOU ARE LIKE MUZZIES COMING TO ENGLAND AND DECLARING THAT THE QUEEN MUST CONVERT TO ISLAM OR LEAVE FUCK OFF, I ALSO HATE THAT THERE'S GONNA BE SOME (1) AND DONES SHITPOSTING IN RESPONSE TO ME DESPITE THE FACT I'M RIGHT, CAUSING THE NEWFAGS TO FOLLOW THEM LIKE A BUNCH OF FUCKING LEMMINGS OFF A GODDAMN CLIFF, CAUSING EVERYONE TO FALL FOR THE BETHESDA MEME AGAIN
HOLY SHIT I WILL DESTROY BETHESDA, MARK MY FUCKING WORDS, A FAT AUTIST WILL SHOOT THEIR OFFICES UP AND PUT (((TODD HOWARD'S))) HEAD ON A MOTHERFUCKING PIKE
INB4 "LOL U MAD" GEE DOES MY REDTEXT AND FOUR PICS OF AUTISTIC FURY GIVE IT AWAY? WOW YOU'RE SO FUCKING BRILLIANT FUCK OFF AND EAT PENIS

ALSO I WILL BELIEVE THIS EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE A (1), I WILL USE ANYTHING IF IT MEANS SHITTING ON BETHESDA

The queen should convert to islam

Is that you, car user?

You seem upset.

stop

no

GEE YOU FUCKING THINK

Have you considered going for a nice brisk walk? That might help you calm down.

Is this the new boogyman?

THE SHILL CAN'T DO ANYTHING BUT ACCUSE OTHERS OF BEING AN UNCALMFAG, WOW IT'S LIKE I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG, FUCK OFF YOU'LL NEVER FIT IN YOU NIGGER TRYHARD, TAKE A LONG WALK OFF A SHORT PIG DICK

NIGGER I'M ON YOUR SIDE WHAT THE FUCK

but all of those games are good, save spore

no fuck off you're not getting redtext nor caps

sperglord didn't even check them sweet dubs

pottery

Although I'm usually against double-posting, I'll make a new one - just for you, user-kun. It's kind of funny because I've gotten accused of being from reddit when I only reply to one post at a time. So replying to multiple makes me a shill, huh? It sounds to me like you are making up arbitrary rules that no one else follows because you are assmad that despite not being the Prey 2 that we all wanted, nuPrey might be an alright game.

Simple: the game is technically functional, and the people leaving positive reviews are people who already went in liking this kind of shit.

Why are people on the internet suddenly calling Prey (2006) a racist game?

Because it doesn't accurately represent the struggles of the Native American.

Please don't refer to Zenimax Media Incorporated as 'Arkane'. Arkane Studios was killed a long time ago and what you're looking at now is Zenimax Media Incorporated wearing their skin.

As in my previous post.

It represents Native Americans as people instead of oppressed minorities killing white people.

(You)

NOBODY IS ON MY SIDE

Fucking THIS, it's the same with Id

THIS IS WHY YOUR LEGS WILL NEVER BE OKAY FUCK YOU

I would say not a shill and just someone really hyped without knowing the fine minutia of the game and trying to recommend it with some youtube cancer. Remember we all had fun with skyrim for a good while before it sank in how shallow and unfulfilling the game really felt

When a desperate necrocybermantic operation causes you to fall into a coma-cum-glimpse-of-divinity but you're MKUltra'd enough that each of the major figures in the vaguely prophetic coma dreams that result are actually each just different elements of your fractured psyche and also the psychic gestalt entity formed by the Earth's biosphere is fucking around in your dreamscapes as well.

Don't worry user, I've pretty much hated bethesda all my life, you're not alone.

You need to post this three times in order for the cycle to end, or kill yourself.

I bet you don't gain brouzouf, fag

I've been pirating skyrim, oblibion and fo4 for years now, and since pirated copies = lost sales they're gonna go bankrupt soon.

Whoops fucked up, meant to post this and then say
WE'RE GONNA MAKE IT, BRAH.

WHAT THE FUCK IM ON YOUR SIDE

I WILL THROW YOU UNDER THE BUS IF YOUR LEGS ARE BROKEN, SO GET FUCKED

>actually did end up posting it three times
When you keep realising that you've left typos in your post and then in going back to fix them you end up going and meeting Circe completely by accident.

YOU ARE NOT MY MASTER DAMN IT
I cant find my folder.

Is this him?

I'm guessing that you mean a folder of Divine Cybermancy content.
The Elder Scrolls works well enough as a substitute. Unspecified higher dimensional being thinking itself through an inner universe comprised of 'itself' and of 'love' beyond 'itself' in response to some trauma or loss of 'love'; commander of E.Y.E having the most robust and internally consistent coma dreams there are, freaking the fuck out over his own sense of personal trauma and guilt - what's the difference?

It's funny because TES barely work at all.

Why? There's a reason that guys hemmoraging subs.

Get back when crack is released, for now get a (((mysterious sponsor))) cock out of your ass.

Hi 0e4326. I see you're still assblasted that everyone laughed at you in the last Prey thread.

Hi Satan, I would have thought your powers of darkness would allow you to see that I am indeed, a different OP that just wanted to have a discussion about nuPrey. But alas, you are just a fucking poser tard

is this a Quack-like shooter with physics puzzles, spiritual mumbo jumbo, and Blue Öyster Cult?

if not 2/3, I cannae play

Reminder that they removed Prey from the stores

You mean the game has sections where you are forced to listen or observe something but cannot actually skip it ala Half life 2?
You realize that shit is actually worse than cutscenes right?

Wew
Dishonored 2 is literally just dishonored but better. You can say the outsider reveal was stupid, but it's not grounds to call the game a mess. Of course I don't expect someone who goes straight for the B-team argument to have sound judgment.

Is it a good Bioshock 3? Since we're never getting one out of Ken, I wouldn't mind that.

What is there to discuss about a game that plays like shit judging by the demo and has a retarded story that ends with "it was all a dream so everything you did never mattered XD".

Nice counter argument, sure proved me wrong. How about not starting your obvious shill threads with "some jewtuber was paid liked this game, let's talk about how great this game is fellow gaymurz".

1/3 at best.

Dishonored 2 was more of the same shit.

Biocuck was never good

I like the first two. No bully.

thanks

at least there's a Linux native Prey

might have to replay now

If you enjoyed them then you'll probably enjoy nuPrey. It does the whole "You shouldn't use the cool powers" self-inflicted blue balling bullshit from Dishonored, but there's somehwhat of a better reason for it here.

Steal or rent it.

Maybe her husband has a condition and she wants twins.

I don't think you ever have to worry about Arx Fatalis coming back. Bethesda specifically shies away from publishing fantasy shit because they're scared to death of Elder Scrolls getting any competition.

that's just, like, your opinion, man
did I? You seem either completely retarded or schizophrenic. Either way, you are repeatedly posting in a thread you don't like. You might be projecting just a little bit read: a shitload with the Super Retard.jpg

Why do you feel so compelled to shill this game so much Pete? It's not like bethesda isn't already making oodles of cash off of retards who've bought this already

well, you see, that's you constructing a convenient strawman. don't pirate or buy the game. see if I give a flying fuck, you mongoloid