Why do characters in FPS games hit their guns when they reload

Why do characters in FPS games hit their guns when they reload.

Are guns like televisions where if you smack them they work better?

Yes

Incoherent rage.

Yeah, I smacked my PC monitor and now my PC is running better than ever.

That's how you chamber a round with an AR-15; you hit the bolt release on the side. In most other cases it's just a display of aggression from the player's character, though your embed isn't exactly a great example due to the poor animation.

Usually.

You hit the charging handle so the shells in the clip are fed into the rail

Hitting the bolt release like that will work just as well I suppose and looks sleek or whatever.
slapping the mag with an open bolt on the other hand could lead to issues.

I'm not a gun guy although i do own a H&K UMP for self defense and the manual says i should smack the charging handle

How does it feel to waste a (You)?

You don't own a UMP. They are illegal in most countries

The bolt release is what is being smacked. However, it is not modeled.

Pretty sure the manufacturer was talking about MP5.

Depends on the gun but for some the manual of arms says to hit it. Generally they are either hitting the bold release or knocking the bolt handle out of a recess on a SMG.
Once Hollywood found out it was common practice on the MP5 they used it everywhere and games have copied that.

not in switzerland

that shouldn't have made me chuckle

It's illegal to be a faggot in a minority of the world's countries, yet you're still a faggot.

the raifus are in an abusive relashionship with their husbandos

How will she know you love her?

Its called a bolt release you dumbass you need to hit it to get the first bullet in the chamber

Not even trying

You apparently can't read.

Slap yourself my friend

I said raifu not waifu.

Also masturbation is degenerate I only engage in consensual sex in the missionary position, under the covers, with lights off, for the sole purpose of procreation, with an of age partner whom I am lawfully married to.

I would additionally like to note that a slap is not technically necessary, to release the bolt you can just use your thumb or something and in fact in most cases slapping is a bit slower but people still do it because its fun and looks cool.

It's a cartridge you dolt.

What a fucking faggot.

You can't actually be this retarded.

I used to have a HK416 N in the army back when, and when you've fired all your bullets it automatically get's locked in the reload position. So you could insert your magazine and you would press the button on the side of the gun to reload it. You could also bump into things and have it make a shitty loud sound.

GUN TERMINOLOGY