Chronicle of Innsmouth

Let's have a thread about Chronicle of Innsmouth. It was just released so I don't really expect many people to have tried it yet, but figured it was worth a shot.
It's a point-n-click game that looks and functions exactly like Monkey Island 1 and 2, with the added benefit of being an adaptation of "A Shadow over Innsmouth" from H.P. Lovecraft.

Since it's also relatively soon since its release there are not a lot of walkthroughs and the like around yet, making it actually feel like an old school Monkey Island clone where you actually need to try everything with everything in the hopes of finally figuring out the puzzles.

There are some grievances however, the playstyle is highly linear, not allowing you to semi-sequence break like you could in Monkey Island, and it has been pretty easy so far, but some moments had me stumped. Like right now, how the fuck do I meet the smugglers, jesus christ

But all in all it's pretty alright so far, what does Holla Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!TUl2EYZa!_I4AZ59SXcDDwmw5w2hwfQYvvvJNWmFGVRRxtZQjA_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pixels not large enough to satisfy my hipster pride.

The lack of detail is disgusting, it's hard to look at.

Yeah it's probably my least favourite thing in the game, the backgrounds are not up to par with 90's point and clicks at all, and some perspectives look really weird and distorted. It gets better once you get to Innsmouth, but it was really distracting in the beginning.

Obligatory post explaining lovecraft wasn't about dem spooky mysteries, but about uncovering knowledge that once known would forever shape how you perceived the world, making you appear mad in the eyes of others, and about the dread that came with stepping towards uncovering such things without being able to help but look out of curiosity.

Oh, and the reminder to never impregnate negroes.
Because no nubian America, ever. Fucking racemixers.

I love how shitskins and liberals LOVE lovecraft up until they read what he said about subhumans and cucks

I don't think so.

Sadly they're (trying) to subvert his work now to get rid of all that 'gross racism'. At least the watered down ATMoM movie got cancelled.

Doesn't connect. He did bash chinks, nigs and foreigners in general, but I don't see him dealing with cucks, considering he was terribly beta himself IRL.

What the fuck is wrong with those sprites? If you're going to go with Maniac Mansion heads then at least make the bodies match.

Tha artstyle is awful. I'd rather go back to Anchorhead.

How did they manage to take a 20 year old artstyle and make it look worse?

Please die op.

I know Holla Forums likes to shit on anything made of large pixels these days, but this game actually, genuinely looks like fucking terrible.

Game has garbage graphics

Nice of you to let us know.

No problem.

What a cute little lizard.

Its water on the ground dumbass

when did it all go so wrong

Why do I have these feelings for cartoon lizards and various other fictional animals?

Everything appears to be bloated to double its size and given some grainy, sporadic texture(possibly a shortcut fill for details, as proper detailing for pixel shit takes a bit of time). It's pretty inconsistent in appeal through any of the screens. Sometimes, it appears bearable to look at; others, it's ugly spew.

There isn't really anything wrong with asking for money in exchange for a good product. The money should be a means to create more. Though I guess few people getting into the industry have that mindset these days.

Automatically shit.

Lack of talent.

Talent is a meme.

t. Burch

You have no idea how people work, at all.

No, I'm serious. For most people it's pursued interest, not an innate talent they have.
The problem with indie devs is that they don't put enough hours into their craft and expect to make money with their first game, which is bound to suck and look bad. It's either because standards are low or because they see other games with shitty art that make money.

I know most people are greedy cunts. Is there anything wrong with that statement, though?

That's diddly great OP. I'll be sure to purchase this fantastic-looking game after you give a link to download it and try it faggot.

I was just about to say that. Indie devs are neither talented, meaning they can't "effortlessly" create something by virtue of sheer ability and they are also not persistent or hard working so their stuff doesn't improve over time either.

There's no effortlessly created anything. People who reach master level simply become so incredibly proficient at their craft that it looks effortless. They still put in the time to get there, savants who are born good at something are the exception.
But yes, most indie devs lack that. They expect to get instant success with a subpar products, and when those don't sell they write an article about how they're fed up with the industry and hate gamers.

WHERE IS THE LINK EGGMAN?

Yes, Lovecraft was Holla Forums through and through.

It looks like they took bad pixel art and added a noise filter to it. Garbage. Seriously, wtf is in pic related?

fuck off shill

I'm a fucking spic and I hate what they want to do to Lovecraft. I want my niggermans, negroes, niggers, etc. I don't care if he hated people of my race, I love his work. How thin skinned do you have to be to actually feel offended by something someone else said over a hundred years ago? Shit for brains libcucks.

its def not a good pixel art in any way if you know at least basics about pixel art. but i would still want to give this game a try, if the story is good, in adventure games that's more important for me

Take solace in the face that their attempt at "rewriting" his work to be more inclusive will be forgotten. As long as the originals are around his legacy will live on.

he literally lived the ideal of pushing your mind to the limit and accepting ideas that you've previously rejected as false in an information-hungry endeavor and was neither a drug addict nor a degenerate.

you really think he was a leftist or a cuck and supported people like that who chased material pleasures?

Since we're on the topic. I'm traveling to 'murrica soon and I want to purchase a Lovecraft compilation. Which one would be ok to purchase? All I know is to avoid some that already have changes like the cat Nigger-man being named Black or something like that. I know I can just download them, but I love the feeling of a good physical book in my hands.

Hence why In the Mouth of Madness is still the best Lovecraft film.

Oh lookie here, a lonk. Now everyone can try it before they jump the gun.

mega.nz/#!TUl2EYZa!_I4AZ59SXcDDwmw5w2hwfQYvvvJNWmFGVRRxtZQjA_w

Almost would've been better off as a text adventure. The lack of character detail is really off putting.

Fossilized spongebab remains.

I bought it because it was $6, still thanks for sharing for everyone else. I just can't help but support lovecraftian games. I really hope Stygian turns out good.

Indieshit as expected.

Read the book, watch the movie, play one of the hundreds of other games with this exact setting, watch the japanese anime fanfiction… just don't waste your time with this.