Start game with no background...

>go to Venice Altissia, stand there listening to love interests speech even though she was reported dead. the people clap, she summons leviathan, you fight the empire and then leviathan in a massive scripted QTE fight. now you get the power of leviathan.

(Body too Long, 1/2)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oYTfYsODWQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(2/2)

>the end is the protagonists spirit giving the love interest spirit the picture you choose, no matter how retarded it was i choose the picture of the cup noodles with behemoth meat because fuck this game and fuck square
>ending song is STAND BY ME. couldn't even bother making their own original ending song since money ran out in the 10 years they've been baiting people with this game.

i'm speechless Holla Forums. i thought i knew what the pit of disappointment was with XIII-2, but they outdid themselves. this game is so rushed, so asinine, so repetitive, so out-of-pace with itself and its own story, that it almost makes me wish we would have just gotten Lightning Fantasy 4.

k

What baffles me the most is that normalfag ate it up like its the second coming of jesus. FFXV failed on almost every level.

It failed at combat, failed at being open world, and failed the story, why do peoples like this game?

Good blogpost! But really, Kingsglaive is the background.

I was holding out that maybe SE would've learned their lesson after XIII, but I guess they're going to keep fucking up Final Fantasy until bankruptcy. Glad I decided to wait until I knew the game sucked or they dropped a version with all dlc. Speaking of, were there parts that seemed blatantly cut out to make dlc? What horrors do you expect them to reveal for FFXV-2 or XVI?

Kingsglaive doesn't make any lick of sense either

Bad people lie and good children people will save us

Yep, every party member is getting their own 2-3 hour campaign.

They advertised it to normalfags on the electric Jew to find an audience with low expectations. Conan's audience was perfect. It was similar to Nintendo's strat with the Wii to find a market for shovelware.

im not sure if suck is the word i'd use, more like it gets incredibly repetitive and you don't really do anything but warp from point to monster, from ground to point, from point to monster, for the entire game. literally just equip the ragnarok and 9999 everything you dont even need other weapons.
yeah, they fell for the "open world" meme. the walls were fucking everywhere, even in the middle of the map, made of shitty plants and such
the story makes no sense at any point, its absolutely out of pace with itself. the people who made this game had no idea how to make an open world game, just like Konami with MGSV. it was their first and last try at this.
i thought the 3 sidekicks survived? who fucking knows anymore, the storytelling was terrible. it fails to convey important information to the player in proper form and manner, it fails to make you CARE for the characters, and it fails at developing their personalities. there is zero character development whatsoever. most likely because the "character development" is DLC as said.

blogposts usually talk about the posters life occurrences, i played a shit game that was worse than FFXIII and im telling you guys what it felt like, does that count?

This shit makes no sense whatsoever

user that was always a lie. They simply wasted all of their resources making that first area and had to scramble to find a theme that fit.

Never played this shit game, and never will. I learned my lesson after being naive enough to play the garbage that was 13.

It still makes me mad that we didn't get the original vision for 15 though. That actually sounded cool as hell.

no user, you got lied to by jewish wizards. the game is nothing like that.

you fast travel using the car (like you would in skyrim)
you can camp out, but you lose experience if you do that instead of sleeping in a hotel. (camping is 1.0x, trailers is 1.2x, hotels are 1.5x, and fancy hotels are 2.0x, so if you got 1000 exp and you camp, you get 1000 exp, but if you sleep in a hotel for 300 gil you get 1500, and that adds up. you can buy food in a restaurant later)
you can make food BUT ONLY when you camp out, which costs you a chunk of exp.
you can buy food in restaurants, it might not be as good as some of the best food you make, but its good enough for this easy joke of a game.
the "ascension" grid is retarded, its basically skyrims Perks and its very, VERY limited in what you can do with it. there's about 100 orbs in the entire thing, some of them completely useless and far too expensive in AP when it comes down to it.
nothing in this game feels like a "roadtrip" because the longest time you spend on the road is about 10 minutes (real time) if you go from A to B where A and B are the furthest possible away from each other on the map, say, for example, Galdin Quay to the Vesperpool. 10 minutes is a regular drive to your job 20 blocks away on moderate traffic. and once you've already taken the car to a spot, you can usually fast travel to it, that feels like a roadtrip to you?
when you take Iris on the car with you, the game forces you to make like 3 stops on a trip that takes no more than 5 minutes to """simulate""" you're on a roadtrip, but you're not. you're on a trip to the store to buy a bag of milk and a pack of coffee.
you can't drive the car out of the "tracks", that means, your car is scripted not to go out the road, even if there's no fence, you either go on the right lane, or the left lane.

the whole "open world roadtrip" was a meme user, like every open world game nowadays, its just a marker-fest themepark where every attraction is the same.

I think the main reason why it was still pretty popular is and I hate spouting the meme of "2016 was a bad year" but, aside from The Witcher 3 expansion, Mankind Divided and Dark Souls 3 what good RPGS were there? Granted World of Final Fantasy came out roughly the same time but aside from those titles, people were really hurting for at least a decent RPG. And to be honest even with how shitty FF15 is, it still is better than 13, and that's all they really needed to do.

Last year fucking sucked for Video games as a whole, and for RPGs it was worse

at least i could understand the story in XIII, in XV, i can't. its just a bunch of shit happening one after another with no setting or anything, and then you're locked and it ends. Fin.

This game failed on so many levels it made me long for Lightning returns.

i think nomura needs to fuck off from planet earth already.

XIII was an entire franchise of awful. 3 whole games.
XV was a mess, but in a different way.
and he's working on ruining kingdom hearts 3 as we speak. i remember that trailer of sora fighting Golem while flying in a train. its going to be the same as leviathan fight, literally hold O to win.

So it's another FF game with a shitty, nonsensical plot.

Are you sure you were watching Kingsglaive and not Fury Road by accident?

normalfags will eat anything up, your game has to straight up not function for a normalfag to no like it. since the normalfags tastes and interests are decided entirely by advertising and what other normalfags tell them to think, they'll go buy and play the game and say "yeah its good" after beating it and never play it again or even think about it again

Why do people still care about FF?
Serious question.

brand name and large advertising budget combined

Fixed it for you.

As because they are communist tier cretins programmed to do what the talking heads tell them to do.

Also, pretending to be a nerd is all the rage today so most of these wastes of oxygen will claim they are huge fans of Final Fantasy because they heard FFVII is a timeless classic. None of them will ever bother to play it, the game being "too old" and "not the right kind of nerdy" so they will seek out a substitute that appeals to their idiocy.

Same shit with Fallout. It's popular, saying you played it gives you nerd cred but none of them want to play the icky FO1 with all the complicated mansplaining and big numbers ,so they got play FO3 and pretend they've always been Fallout fans.

i think nomura is just completely out of juice at this point. fueled by a raging desire to not fall into the darkness of irrelevancy. ironically he'd be a good villain for an FF game. one who's so desperate not to pass on the torch that he becomes the villain by ruining everything.

the localization was pretty bad too (text wise). if you have played any game with jap audio before, you can tell a lot of times what the characters are saying is not what is shown in the subtitles, because the english subtitles were made for the english dub.

But not even that can carry a game that sucks gorilla balls like FF has been doing since FF10.

I'm just amazed how they consistently manage to create these gibberish plots without any sense of tone, mood or pacing. How do you manage to fuck it up time and again and have no one tell you to stop already?

FFXIII was already bad enough with the cast being a bunch of moronic, unlikeable cunts, but XV takes it a step further by making them boring. The game doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. Is the story about geopolitics or is it about muh ancient prophecy? Is it grim and serious in tone or is it about a bunch of faggots on a merry roadtrip? Is the target audience men or vile fujos?

Do you honestly think normalfags can tell a good game from a bad one?

Like that other user said, the game needs to be straight up broken for them to catch onto the fact the product is shit.

every other AAA title sales report would disagree with that statement. normalfags and casuals don't care, sometimes they buy games and never beat them and don't think anything of it

it seems they couldn't decide after re-re-re-rewriting the game for the 27th time and went with a piece of both.

there's also this one dream sequence (after titan i think?) where noctis is apparently invading an imperial base shirtless, he has a machinegun and is shooting it, then he summons a spear that disappears from his hand like he was losing his powers, and then he wakes up.

the fuck was that even about? it was clearly meant to be an omen but then nothing from the dream actually happens because cut content.

Only 60% of people completed the village ambush at the beginning of RE4 on Steam. Only 40% defeated El Gigante.

This happens because they don't care about games, games are a status symbol to them, your "I'm so nerdy lol XD" badge.

Yeah, you're right about the game being a jumbled together mess of random parts, and I'd give them a pass considering how long it has been in development hell, but that doesn't explain every FF starting with VIII, and if you want to get nitpicky, the first three too.

I know nips can write good, coherent stories that get audiences engaged, so why do jRPGs in general, not just Square, always drop the ball this fucking hard?

Their main aim, like all FF, are aimed at fujos since they're the easiest to target. I was with my sister when she was going around Japan and her bill for merchandises usually goes up to $12,000. I won't be surprised if merchandising is the main profit for FF too. FFXIII flopped because of the boring main character that the girls can't project themselves into and is just some guy's wet dream girl so they decided to go back to basics with the metrosexual boy band that's extremely popular in Japan/Korea.

But the gameplay is good. Not sure why you'd say it's worse than the boring combat of FFXIII.

at least in 8 you can perfectly understand the plot. yeah everyone bitches about the "we all lived in the same orphanage isn't that WEEEIRD??", but the rest of the game is well done, and mostly everyone grows as a character as the story goes along. and by the end you know exactly what happened so that you can explain it to someone in a conversation.

in XV i dont know mate, if you asked me about the plot right now, i can't tell. i just beat it and i just don't know what the fuck happened other than you find the floaty weapons and get the magic from all the eidolons/guardianforces/whatever™ and then 1 on 1 the immortal dude who gets killed by magic.

im not even sure if the imperial soldiers are actual people or automatons full of "black demon goop" to operate like puppets.

the best part of the game was when you get to play as gladio, because the gameplay as gladio is actually slightly entertaining. they should have made the entire game like that.

The most baffling thing about the game is that it had inferior gameplay than FF14 which is A FUCKING WOW-CLONE MMO

Because they're stuck with the FFXIII formula. They want sequels to complete the shitty story. Wish they can change the director that's cursing the FF series.

So why not just make a complete game with a coherent plot and then put some sequel bait inbetween?

The plots of FFXIII and XV make little sense, the sequels to XIII make even less sense and are marginally connected to each other. Also, I don't think they actually want sequels, it's just that the SE development cycle is so fucking retarded they waste massive amounts of money and time creating assets they will not use in the game, thus forcing them to make a bunch of sequels and put all the shit they made to some use.

Isn't Nomura doing the VII remake as well?

yes. hes the director instead of Kitase. while Kitase is now the "producer".

this will definitely end well.

The sequel isn't free you know. Plus it made normalfags grab the season pass because they announced the sequels.

tl;dr

Why did you even buy this garbage? It was clearly shit from the beginning.

Damage control already? Tell me again what did Lunafreya do after Nyx and his side kick save her ass gone through hell get her out of the city? She went back in for some dumb reason. And makes it even more fucking dumb because Noctic literally just outside the city.

luckily, i didn't. i borrowed it from a friend using the primary/secondary account function.

is this some of the DLC?

Its from the movie Kingsglaive

We were promised drivable mecha. What happened to that? This game had so much potential to be amazing. I wouldn't call it bad, but it's not exactly good either. The villain was the standout element of the plot. That's not how it's supposed to work.

well, i didn't know about that, so i just went to read the wikipedia article.

LOL

Worst part is, the main characters in the movie is not related at all to anyone in the game other than King Regis and Luna Freya. It just total gibberish and you dont know the bad guys want, the ring? the crystal? Why is Luna so important in the movie that they keep her hostage but in the game, they ordered the soldier to kill her? It makes no goddamn sense. The final battles is so ridiculous that it makes Michael Bay's movies looks like kiddie shit.

There's so many things that doesn't make any sense plot wise is FFXV. They keep bringing up that Luna is dead on the news but it doesn't have any significant effect on the story at all. There are no rules to what "not-Kefka" can do in the game, so far he can stop time, create an illusion and an immortal, what the hell is that? What is the point of the time skip? how the hell did they know when to pickup Noctis? The whole thing is such a mess, I given up trying to make sense of it all.

Square has always had a messed up priory list, they put graphics before anything else and gameplay last.

Final fantasy is dead

The real travesty here is that they made this glorious pair of tits and ass and then relegated her to a underused side characters while you spend the majority of the game staring at fujo bait.

Fuck SE.

It was dead long ago. Wish it didn't kill the better franchises too.

Because when they were children they played Ff7 and they attached their childhood happiness to the ip and as they got older the games got worse and worse like life but they still hold onto the hope that they get a new game that brings back that contentment and wonder that they had as child. They need to accept squaresoft is dead due to corporate merger and Square Enix plans on milking these neets until they commit suicide.

Nomura had pretty much nothing to do with the end product of FFXV. Same thing with XIII.

Seeing how SE loves to shit out unnecessary sequels she might get her own game one day , If they gave 13, the worst FF ever made, two I suspect XV will get upwards of 5+.

I really had hopes for FF15 but sadly FFX will stay the last decent FF. We will never get a nice FF anymore because the guys who made FF so great are all gone from Squenix

I always hated sasuke anyways

They gave XIII two sequels to recoup the cost of development by reusing assets. XV took a decade to make so your probably not wrong with that estimation on how many. I can definitely see them doing a girls roadtrip with princess/aranea/cindy and gladio's sister.

In both cases, the games were originally something else but parasited into FF13. 13-2 was originally a Chrono series style throwback game, and 13-3 was originally Valkyrie Profile Hrist. In both cases, they decided to show in FF13's shit rather than create actual assets.

He's the one who started it all then left halfway leaving the staff to glue things together. Also responsible for the shitty characters of FFXIII especially not-cloud.

If it's anything like X-2 then by all means. That game was superior to X in every way except the part where you revive Tidus.

IMO CTB was much better than ATB. I think traditional turnbased was better than ATB too.

It might be the same since the girls will go on an adventure to revive the faggy prince I can't see the job change mechanic though even though I would love to see it in game.

The whole point of the job change mechanic was to see them dressed in slutty clothing and not bother with balancing since all party members had interchangeable jobs.

I'd settle for slutty costumes.

Letting them change jobs mid battle was far too OP.

The whole game was just a slog to grind through, not even difficult, just tedious, and God help the poor sod that had OCD and needed to 100% it. That must have been hell if you didn't have a guide.

I feel like less people would have cared about X's linearity or lack of the illusion of non-linearity if once you got the airship you could fly it to locations on a 3D world map instead of having a shitty 2D image to navigate. It would have been like a leaving Midgar moment.

Ironically, it felt hotter when I saw rikku donning the white mage garb. Maybe it's the transformation fetish from slut to pure at that time.

reused story from alpha or how it call

Rikku was always a pure, sweet waifu. She just likes to have fun.

X had good waifus. Rikku, Paine and Lulu are the standouts though. Too bad Wakka ruined Lulu for everyone by putting his diseased, nigger seed in her.

Are we done with the open world fad yet?

Lucky for us there's no games to look forward to

You didn't notice while playing the game? It was extremely blatant that they cut it out, the only one that sort of had character development was gladio. Even then there was a portion of the game where he fucked off for no apparent reason and never explained why.

In all honesty the only parts I really enjoyed was probably the fishing and the camping.

Black people don't exist in Spira. Only Japs and oceanians. So he's probably a dirty samoan sambo or something.

Even a nigger would be better than Wakka.

There was an anime before the movie and the game that shows each of the main character's backstory. Won't be surprised if there was a cup noodle special wrapping that contains their backstory.

Well, they're supposed to be _ supremacists while the Al-bhed's the oppressed be smart race. Best part is Yuna is a half breed. Sexy.

But Nomura was removed as the director of ffxv, because square needs to milk kh3 and the ffvii remake for all it's worth. The only thing he did was design the characters and write a rough story script, which was trashed by the new director anyway. Nomura has been consistently making good games like The world ends with you, so i don't think it's fair to blame him for the clusterfuck that was XV. He's the only talent square still has left.

NieR was the actual final fantasy sequel.

Er, no Nomura lead somewhere like 7 years of development and was responsible for all but 1 rewrite; Tabata was brought in to finish the fucking game so Squeenix could avoid bankruptcy.

So Tabata wrote the final script and was in charge of the final project, just like i said. Anyway, having worked with big game companies, the actual culprit was probably the business suits kvetching about their shekels, refusing to fund the development and telling him to work on handheld games and cutting the scale of XV down, until they just gave it to Tabata and told him to ship it whatever the end result, while they moved Nomura and his team to work on FFVII, hopefully with proper funding.

Nomura is uniquely responsible for the development hell that was FFXV, Tabata was made to clean up his mess. I don't know what part of this you're not getting or if you're just a delusional fanboy. Nomura had a carte blanche to do what he wanted on FFXV and had fuck all to show for it, throwing money at him for an episodic VII remake isn't going to make it a masterpiece. Nomura wasn't even a big player in FFVII's development, all his designs had to be approved by two bosses.

That masterpiece came out 10 years ago. What has he done since that has been relevant?

7 new days never ever

Adding to this, what was his actual role in the development of that game? I know he did character designs and maybe influenced the art style but I'm not sure what else he actually helped with. How much of that game was SE and how much was Jupiter?

His only talent is at making fujobait

Sounds familiar. Then again, we know that SE needs to die along with other big names.

Holla Forums really pisses me off sometimes.

It isn't a recap of the game. He's being melodramatic to fit in Holla Forums.

You don't need to lie on the internet to feel cool, user.

50% is true.

How is that a fucking blogpost

He just blogged his experience of the game that others aren't exactly facing. He's acting like not-villain isn't obvious in game and not one character is cautious about him. That and he's wrong about the game mechanics. Still a shit game nevertheless.

That's a fail grade.

So what would you call it? A scientific thesis?

God forbid someone do that ON A FUCKING VIDEO GAME BOARD.

So is it only acceptable to make threads detailing the experiences of games that everyone is exactly facing?

Are you guys daft? Read the thread before commenting.

You must be acting like a bellicose dumbass on purpose. Fuck off, retard.

A JRPG being repititive and trite? NO WAY OP.

nobody gives a fuck

Sometimes I wonder if the growth hormone in your food is affecting your throughly process.

did they? i thought the universal consensus was that it was charming but disappointing.

It's a convoluted mess and unfinished product with DLCs attached to it. It has quality but it's like patching a piece of salad, steak, and ice cream into one dish after mixing it with a blender.

You are a special kind of retard

THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF FF FANS
the old fart: Hates any game after 1995 (Everything after Chrono Trigger was shit)
the Millennial Newfag: First Final fantasy game was FF7. They are the cancer that keeps Square alive. These kids typically think FF9 was good and unironically like FF10. Many of these people also unironically like FF12.
The Tumblr Cosplayer: They just like having a cast of characters to use in their fan fiction and to act as a self-insert for inflation dirty diaper fetish art.

Its a decent game user. Best FF game in years. The series hasn't been good sense Six. Do you just hate the female form? I doubt you actually played it.

that was just some promotional content added to sell shit DLC. Its 200% Localization teem shenanigans.

but Cindy getting her own game would be great user.
If you don't like FFXV you are clearly a Newfag or a Tumblr Cosplayer.

I think you're thinking of one of the trailers. The omen one I believe. But he does lose his warp/weapon powers at the imperial base after the train section. Remember running around hallways/shitty stealth with nothing but the ring? So the trailer wasn't totally bullshit, but he wasn't shirtless with a gun.

The saddest part is that there is no point to what you wrote OP. When FFVII remake comes out there will be too many suckers and hype monkeys that will mentally separate all wrongs with this game and FFVII:Re and buy it anyway.

It's funny how conan gave one of the best reviews for this game

They also took Nomura off to work on FFVII and KH3 because they know people would namedrop him as an arguing point that there is a measly shred of talent left at SE. Too bad he is not director material and it takes more than 1 person to make those kinds of games

My two cents on FFXV is this video and every other FFXV related thing they have talked about on this channel. They spend two hours on all the leaks, cuts, development changes, and why the game is shit.

Oh yeah I forgot the Al-bhed are white. Which is why they're the only people who aren't superstitious morons.

i kinda want that, though so many story and character elements would be lost on me having only a cursory knowledge of 15.

Your list is wrong anyway. If you're going to make sweeping inaccurate generalizations, ff9 would be the single final fantasy old farts make an exception for.

no one can have this much shit taste, you mean XII right?

you're fucking retarded and dont know what a blogpost is like. kys.

True, but it did give us blitzball terrorists. That shit is just silly even by Toei and sentai standards.

Suddenly it makes a shit ton of sense. People love to meme about le belts n zippers but Tabata should be fucking hung for what he has done to the series.

What happened with best girl and the VR mode with her?

I feel that i'm superior to others for not caring about these AAA turds.

But user, that's not how you post a picture of Iris.

honestly i dont feel like the open world really added all that much to the game, none of the side-quest that fill that world are even any fun, and how could you forget about the time traveling dog that makes noooo fucking sense but they had to add him in cuz otherwise you would be trapped and miss shit tons of fucking quest i mean i guess you could do them all before you left but then ur going to be waaaaay fucking overleved for most of that shit and turn what is already an easy game into an even easier one.

mind you ive only ever played 10 and 15 but i swear to god i have to be fucking high to play these games, and i dont feel like i should need to get fucked up on drugs to enjoy a game, and lastly atleast 10 was shorter and kinda funny cuz of how nonsensical it was.

Honestly, FF games don't really have a bad plot, the main problem is that they tell the stories in the worst possible ways, making them feel as non-sense shit or way worse than they are. The stories are normally good but they don't know how the fuck you tell a story.

explain 10s story please

I really hate greentext

holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=oYTfYsODWQo

OP here, lets see if i can put this in few words, i'll go in chronological order for simplicity's sake:

you're tidus, a pro blitzball player. you get taken to the far future by Auron (a friend of your father jecht) where zanarkand is nothing but an ancient ruin, where you meet Yuna, a young summoner from the church of Yevon who is about to embark on her trip to put Sin (a massive monster that destroys everything in its wake) to sleep, you meet wakka and lulu and kihmari and decide to ignore the laws of their anti-technology society by going into the altar to protect yuna so they make you a guardian and take you along on their trip around the shrines of the world where Yuna acquires the power of the eidolons needed so seal Sin.
You come across Seymour, another summoner, who lies to you and wants to control Sin instead of putting it to sleep, he pretends to join the Al-Bhed, another race of people who do use machines, in an effort to destroy Sin which he knew would unequivocally fail. after failing this he tries to force yuna to marry him so he could sacrifice her to Sin, you stop it, Seymour goes apeshit and uses the power of sin to mutate into some fucking hard-ass bosses that you eventually defeat.
You travel to all the shrines and get as many eidolons as you can, in the way you learn that the last summoner who put Sin to sleep was Yuna's father, whose guardians were Tidus father Jecht and Auron, it just so happens that jecht disappeared from tidus's life because he also traveled to the future where he became a guardian. so you grind a fuckton and fight yunalesca so you can go inside Sin and kill Yu-Yevon, an ancient deity that keeps each iteration of Sin alive essentially forever, in the way you fight Seymours final form and stop it from controlling Sin. then you fight Jecht transformed by Sin and then finally Yu Yevon and you learn that in the truth beyond the rite of the Yevon Church, the summoner sacrifices itself to transform one of its guardians into the new Sin that will wake up in 20 or so years, giving the people 20 years to take a break from all the destruction and murder. so Yuna's father sacrificed himself and decided to transform Jecht into Sin, so before that happened Jecht tells Auron to go back to the past and bring tidus to the future so Tidus can have the honor of killing his father because jecht was an asshole and tidus really hated him.
THE END

now, you see this huge wall of text more or less explaining the plot of FFX? i can do that for almost any FF, except XV. because fucking nothing makes even a slight bit of sense in XV. its clearly just a bunch of random prerecorded game footage that they threw together and pasted in the last 3 months before release, because they spent 10 years teasing trailers and not making any actual game progress.

You will never ever see a good FF again because the 3 guys who were responsible for FF's greatness are all gone.
got fired in the early 2000s after his feature film failed and blew a million dollar hole into Square
was degraded from Character Designer (all the 2D entries) to logo designer and costume designer for all the modern 3D games
The last soundtrack he composed was for FFX. He was never hired to compose a soundtrack ever again for a main line FF game.

Interestingly the last decent FF was X which was before Uematsu and Sakaguchi left. X-2 was about repackaging FFX and reselling it to gullible fanboys (and fangirls) for the full price again. FF12 was made by a completely different team already. FF13 is a giantic clusterfuck and as it commercially failed, they had to play the same strategy like in FFX. I wonder how they even managed to make 3 games of which every single one was bullshit. FF15 had to be a giantic clusterfuck because it was 10 years in development and it was probably scrapped and redone a few times already. The whole gameplay looks like button mashing and press X to win. Main characters look like from Naruto.

You can cry and moan all day long but the company that made good FF games does not exist anymore.
They have been taken over by niggers like Yoshinori Kitase and Tetsuya Nomura and from this point on it all just started rotting down.
They will now rely on producing remakes for FF6, FF7 and FF8 to milk the fans another time before they finally blow up for good.

nice man, honestly even beyond the story of 15 the open world doesnt add anything good to it besides tons of filler.

oh yeah… that movie

as if, they would never give us that pleasure and let us whatever in 1080p.

and my mind is fuzzy on a lot of details, FFX was the first game i played when i got my first PS2… in the year 2008 so that was 9 years ago.

also FUCKING NOOODLES

Huge disconnect between the themes and vibes of FF13 Versus and Final Filler 15

I understand your hatred for FFX and I agree that it has some heavy flaws (especially Yuna beeing the only one who can summon espers and this making her way too powerful in the end game and Lulu becoming useless). However, it has redeeming qualitites like the turn-based combat, the monster farm circus thingy where you can fight cactuars and tomberries on demand, the crafting and seeking for ultimate arms/shields and the beautiful sceneries and music. You can say you hated the characters and the story but this is a question of taste anyways and it beeing a JRPG automatically means that it will be about teenager crap.

I completed FFX in about 35 hours (the main story) and then I went on to play another 110 hours where I was mostly farming items, money and experience and killing the big bosses. It was honestly fun and I enjoyed it. This is what a JRPG should be about. It was the same for me in FF8. I could overlook all the flaws it had because once you reached the end game it was so fun to go kill the big bosses and develop your characters and gear and do the side quests.
For comparison: I completed FF13 after 60 hours and I were really glad it was over. I never felt like it was a FF game at all and there was nothing to do other than following the hallway into the end and then kill the final boss. The once sequence where you actually get freedom to do what you want, is only on the way and you cannot return there once you leave IIRC.

When I play a JRPG, I automatically expect its characters and story to be cliche, crap and emo/edgy. However, when the game actually is fun to play (tons of side quests to do, things to farm and craft, treasures and dungeons to clear, big bosses to kill, espers to collect) then I can enjoy it anyways because the main story is only the frame for the gameplay elements.

I wonder how many sheckels they got from Nissin for this product placement propaganda.

get out newfag.

X postgame was "grind the same boss in the coliseum for 200 hours to get maximum levels and erasing spheres/stat spheres that you want"

err… i call it "postgame" but it really isn't "post" of any kind, because you do it before the ending, but you know what i mean, its the entire portion of the game where you go out of the main story way to grind and get optional shit like Yojimbo, the Sisters, that one eidolon who was seymours mom atma or whatever, and so on.