Post contenders for the greatest videogames of all time

Post contenders for the greatest videogames of all time

This one

The DS Version was superior

for shame

Sure if you like fighting 8 years of muscle memory.

Link's Awakening
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
Halo 2

This gun b' gud

>He thinks his 8 Games in one is tough shit for 30 GREAT GAMES IN ONE BOX
Yeah, fuck you too buddy.

All memes aside, yes

Nigger, all that new content and polishing of sound and visuals alone in the palm of your hands simply outclasses the original.

GTA San Andreas

The map was huge, nothing like it was ever done before.

There was Operation Flashpoint, but that is a military simulator that appeals to a niché audience.

You can't win a debate against nostalgia.

I play games to enjoy them. The QOL updates are fantastic but I just cant enjoy it because of the bad controls.

genesis version is better

It has better animations because Disney animators worked on it but as far as gameplay goes it sucks.

Yes that's exactly what im saying. You cant undo 8 years of muscle memory.

Yoshi's Island and Deus Ex yes, Quake and Doom, no.

Don't get me wrong, Quake and Doom are both great games and were amazing for their time. The fact that they're still so fun even to this day says a lot about how amazing they were when they first came out. But shooters have progressed so far since then (and then regressed again because of consoles, but they did progress before regressing) that I couldn't in good conscience give them a "greatest of all time" label.

Swap out Quake for Quake Live (the good version of Quake Live before they fucking ruined it) and Doom for Painkiller.

However, I would like to add if you want to include games that were amazing for their time, I have to add Adventure for the Atari 2600 to the list. It's a surprisingly deep game considering the stifling limitations of the system, and is still a decently fun challenge today, if you read the manual and understand what's going on.

downvoted

You're most hated game

I did. It takes less than a day.

This was actually one of the 3 SNES games I had. I was a poorfag and only got the SNES like in 1997. This, Mario World and Prehistoric Man were the only games I had.

Are you fucking insane? I fucking love Painkiller, but it is nowhere near DOOM level.

0/10 you'r list is shit

I'm torn between Dustforce and this

If you retards didn't keep falling for this shit then people wouldn't post it

Here come three best 2D platformers of all time.
TF is debatable, it's either this, Returns or one of the SNES ones depending on your taste

you fags are spreading like a plague

;^)

The new content is really good though
So yeah more=better

Hell if you emulate it you can change back to classic controls

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Master of Orion 2 is the best 4x game. It's the game with the best overall theme that was melded into gameplay, which is of destitute hopelessness.

World of Warcraft around vanilla/tbc was the best themepark EQ-like mmo ever made. That's not saying much, but in a world of gold stars they get a slightly bigger one.

Brogue is the best traditional roguelike. Perfectly streamlined and simplified to the bare essentials and then perfects them, with great graphics to go along with it.

TIS-100 gets a mention for basically being the progenitor of a new subgenre and being pretty good at it.

TTG's Walking Dead Season 1 was the only game that made me feel anything in the last decade because keep that hair short, but other than that and Armed With Death it was pretty shit.

Mien Nigger

The epitome of pleb taste

Out normalfag

Kill yourself.

Nice bait

And to think you almost had good taste,

I'm still waiting for the Wii release.

And that's all I would like to add.

You could also swap out Orta with Zwei or Saga.

And a few more.

I guess strategy games are forever doomed to never be contenders for greatest videogames of all time.

Now that's the first time I see someone pick 3 above 2.

Is it just me, or does that little piece of armor make Arle's boob look bigger.

2 is superb, but I love the enhancements 3 had like rolling. It just felt like a much faster game in general.

Streets of Rage Remake is honestly the best Streets of Rage. It takes the elements of all the games and puts them together in a nice package.

Yes, but I wasn't counting fan games or mods. Damn shame Sega of Euripe were cunts and tried blocking its release because of a shitty ios port of SoR2

You know, you can't get closer than Chaos Theory. It has:
I don't know how Ubisoft of all entities managed to make something so perfect, but I have yet to find a flaw.

CT was made when most of Ubisoft's studios had different varying levels of quality they churned out. Montreal usually made their best shit, while others like Shanghai were hit and miss. Once the 7th gen came around it all seemed like they merged together and have this same bland Eurotrash AAA feel to them.

This would be comfy. Probably not long lasting but the OST would make up for it.

OOhhhhh, I like the killing? Where have I heard that before? Massively overrated game
shit combat, shit main story, good side stories.
actually gay

Might be comfiest game of all time

How can anything else even compete?

/thread

This just brings back memories of myself being a memelord in high school.

I feel bad for gamestop employees that had to deal with that shit. It's not the worst, but it probably gets annoying once you learn to expect it.

prank calls are the least of their problems

That game is sitting in my living room right now.