Darksiders 3 Gameplay

The person who's playing it is utter trash, however there are other issues such as the camera and the combat being slow. Maybe there's a reliance on magic, but for now the game is slow, shallow and dull. Maybe things can improve in the "pre-alpha" state, but it needs some serious overhauls and needs to be delayed to Q4 2018.

Also someone make a WEBM since IGN is trash

welcome to darksiders

nice try, ain't clicking, webm it fag

I'm not that good with optimization.

But the previous 2 are actually fast, hell their combat is basically DMC3 lite.

weeeeeeeeeeeeebm it, fäg

I can never tell if you people are serious or if this is like an ironic shitposting board culture thing.

This is bait.

>>>/cuckchan/

fuck off newfag

I'M ON TO YOU JEW

I'll just make a mirror. Hold on.

funny how he masks the bugged skirt in elevator

Most of us would prefer not to support jewtube or the terrible gaming channels that infest that site, as well as the fact that making webms isn't that hard

At 5:53 he walks off an edge and Fury does the default standing animation instead of a falling animation. Every other ledge he jumps off so you don't see that they don't have an animation for it yet.

It's pre-alpha footage and I'm not judging it too harshly. The combat needs the subweapons and more combo options to really add depth to it, so unless near release it looks like they're not going to add them, I think it will turn out fine.

Edited the OP to use a mirror, if you want I can use vid.me instead

I watched it for you lot. My thoughts :

They lost Jesper Kyd. His soundtracks, along with Joe Mad's art was the two major draws of the game for me, and now the OST is generic orchestra.

Anyway, the screens made me think that they were reusing DS2 assets a lot, but the environment design is actually pretty appealing and there's enough new shit there to not hack me off. I really dislike the dungeon design cause after the IGN interview I'd thought they would do this shit properly (sprawling post-apocalyptic city that happens to be traversable) but instead they're basically using a central hub-like area with dungeons leading off it. It's actually a step down from DS2, where the traversal made the dungeons fun to fuck around in. Here, the leadup to one of the 7 major bosses in the game is a series of corridors, no branches, no nothing, just bugs. Open world my ass

The PC's moveset makes me think they're going for stylish animations (sideflip for dodge, cartwheels+twirling when jumping) but as of right now it's quite janky. Animations need extensive rework = The whip combat is weightless as fuck and suffers from the same issues as LOS and God of War. It's basically just replacement for the earlier two games' movesets rather than actual crowd control, debilitation and general whip-esque shit I'd expect. Oh, and she's ugly; they really should have kept the original design from the artbook.

This is killing my hopes, Gunfire, not raising them.
Guess I'm not giving a damn about the game until release.

I guess they could get away with it in the past since most of the weapons you used being sluggish made sense and gave them a feeling of weight, but trying to do slow whip combat in an action game is fucking awful in every way. This is probably fairly close to what the finished product will be as well. rib

This is what bothers me the most. Fury looks really bad and this is coming from the series that had super hotness Lilith.

My thoughts exactly. I had kind of high hopes because finally we'd get a whip only action game but the movesets here look very much like War's, except with a longer(?) reach.

The way they described the open world "making sense" gave me heavy impressions that they were trying to imitate Dark Souls' open world rather than, say, Skyrim. Hopefully it's not as straightforward as one hub and seven branches, one for each Sin.

I didn't notice the music but you're right. Hoping that gets better too.

The combo moveset I agree on. The whip should be crowd control, sweeping across lots of enemies and pulling them together to follow up with either a vertical attack or a sub-weapon, not mid-range single-target chip damage, or as a mobility quick-grappling-hook or hookshot to move around enemies to get to weak points. I am definitely hoping that there will be a lot of focus on fixing up the combat.

The environments look nice, but the colors are too warm for what i'd expect of a Darksiders game, and ends up looking like something from Bastion, minus the floating rocks. The way the character spins around during the basic combo looks stupid, and it makes me wonder why they didn't just stick with heavy arm swipes.

Didn't she have purple skin and yellow eyes before?

Its more like, normal speed

She did, and showed more skin, rather than looking more like your typical assfaggots redhead.

If that's normal speed, I'd like to see what you consider to be fast and slow.

The whip doesn't look good. Doesn't really seem to have a clear hitbox or travel time the way a sword or scythe would. Fury is supposed to be a Mage, though, so hopefully they'll make that part of the combat interesting. The environments look good. A little bright at times, but some of the areas were darker so hopefully there will be darker areas throughout the game too. The music in the first part of the video was okay, I doubt they'll be able to be as good as 2 if they don't have Kyd though. Fury still looks stupid, her hair seems darker than in the trailer though so that one part of her is less jarring.

The speed is fine, it's some idiot playing with only the most basic tools.

It's not really open world but more interconnected levels that duplicated the feel of open world, giving them room to get lost in while providing them with a degree of focus once they get a handle on how it all flows together. Thats' not there; Sloth's dungeon has one entrance and one exit, and it reminds me of Black Gulch from DS2. read: dead end

I suppose you're coming from a DS1 perspective, cause the Forge Lands do exist. It's essentially a side effect of moving to Unreal Engine 4 (better lighting).

Forgot to quote

Thank you for your expertise in gameplay, development time, and staff assigned to this particular project. Truly we are blessed.

If its really pre-alpha and not the "we are almost finished but lets call it pre-alpha" then it doesnt mean much, ill wait.

Didn't Amazon or something have the release date as December 31 2018?

Fury's design just make me more upset over time. Death looked very similar to how he did in the comic. Someone decided that Fury needed to be changed even though they already had a good design, and it makes me wonder if this idiot wants to change other shit too. How she interacted with War really makes her seem to lack a good bond with her brothers, too. Death goes and kills himself and the souls of his entire race that he's been keeping safe for a long time to save War, this kind of bond won't work if one of the four doesn't really give a shit about the other three. Hopefully I'm just making too much out of one single moment, though.

That was his, and his race's redemption. IIRC, his sin of betraying his kin but not going all the way, instead keeping their souls safe, caused the corruption to start. By throwing their souls into the tree they could be reborn as something else, that weren't overpowered monsters that would be used as a pawn of Lucifer. Plus it destroyed the corruption that was destroying the universe.

speak for yourself, I don't give a shit about your commie "sticking it to the man by not clicking YT" antics. Most of you browse Youtube and click these videos while you are there, yet here you are with your "Do as I say, don't do as I do' mantra.

You must be new, because most people on this site before the newfag floodgate opened were openly opposed to embeds that weren't vidya music.

You're projecting again, faggot.

THIS IS WHY YOU WEBM YOU FUCKING LUDDITE

your shit game will bomb, cuck.

That's most certainly not the case.

What a solid argument.

How much you wanna bet there's going to be a character (or several characters) in this game who are EVIL MISOGYNIST PIGS that shit on her for being a woman and do not see her as an equal, and then, golly, she emasculates them and proves them all wrong somehow!!!!!!!! hashtag epic win hashtag feminism

Oh yes, fellow normal person

How do you do fellow goon anonymous

You're not technically wrong that I am a goon ,but I am on your side. Maybe it didn't come out right.

If you're right ill gladly shit on the game but fury has always been a woman and she was always going to end up as the MC of a darksiders game ever since like 7 years ago. It was either going to be darksiders 3 or 4. The devs show no sign of mental illness either

Your mirror has been hit by a copyright strike. I ripped it and made it into segmented mp4s
[1/3]

Thank you. Although I'm using vid.me now. Still what you're doing is better.

Joe Mad is a faggot, but so is everyone in the comic industry.

[2/3]

[3/3]

Just as solid as you assuming most people watch embeds instead of finding loopholes. Besides, you're speaking against someone saying "Most of us would prefer not to support jewtube" when that is the case, and with the large influx of retards from 4chan, reddit and god knows where, someone who doesn't get why giving attention to "game journalist" videos is a bad thing is most likely going to be someone new.

tl;dr stop taking the internet so seriously nerd

That whip doesn't look very satisfying to use at all.

I'll be generous and write off the unsatisfying whip as simply lacking SFX.
Look at Darksiders - plenty of all special effects and decals spawning with each swing and hit. Darksiders 2 is no different.
This… this is just work in progress. I hope. Because how many times have we gotten a product that's been identical to its "pre-alpha" stage in the recent years?

gb2 cod.

Inb4 idiots that believe they are better than burgerkids on cod. You are not. By pushing your "fast action fast reward" shit you are ruining the genre, just like cod ruined fps. Oh but you are better than cod kids, you are hardcore you know what's good! Breaking news, burgerkids on cod think the same. Instead of roulette maps they give you big ass swords, just spam r1 and boom, you are a pro, and you didn't have to work for it!
I'm not going to tollerate such cancer on this fucking board. Next time I hear somebidy talking about "much fast gameplay" I'm going to aagebomb the thread with gore.

Have a nice relaxing gondola, buddy

I'm not speaking for you specifically, just for most people here. I thought that was pretty clear in my first statement.
what

I am going to have to agree with the ones saying the whip is unsatisfying. I know it's pre-alpha but I hope they fix that. The camera also seems too close and enemies off screen can probably break your combo which is annoying since you can't see them or parry/dodge them. And of course, like many modern games, it looks easy as fuck, there is barely any challenge, truly made for the drone generation.

Source that music.

Considering all the "women bad" front loading they attempted I assumed it was going to be mediocre to outright disappointing to attempt to blackmail themselves some decent reviews.

Why does every even remotely good series have to be turned into utter shit?

oh yeah that reminds me:
that ventilation shaft crawl feels completely unnecessary. Listen guys, if you're going to mask a loading zone, do it properly like Metroid Prime with fun morph ball or something.

Yeah, thanks for insight into the development of this game, OP! You seem to know your stuff so let me give you my two cents. I also think this pre-alpha gameplay looks terrible and therefore the entire game will be irredeemable on release. They absolutely need to delay this game that doesn't have a solid release date yet. Also the graphics really need to be tightened up a bit, especially around level three.
Thanks for taking the time to read my post, everyone. :)

What are you even on about?

Webm it yourself you fucking lazy fat fuck.

Well that absolutely needs to change

I want you nigger faggots to fuck off back to reddit.