Can we talk about Dark Souls 3?

Can we talk about Dark Souls 3?

Favorite weaponfu?

Favorite armor set?

Favorite weapon art?

Mine is all Black Knight setup with the Black Knight Greataxe.

Other urls found in this thread:

please
darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Drake
darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Ghost
darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/The Channeler
darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Flaming Attack Dog
darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Mass of Souls
youtube.com/watch?v=_UByf1Fzdfk
youtube.com/watch?v=dcm3zr_kXQI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souls_(series)
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/296467
mmdks.com/75g4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I will never give Dancer some cash.

More like Bell-end Gargoyle amirite? ;3

Also let's speculate future From Soft titles.

I really hope the next Armored Core (yes, Miyazaki's next project is AC) is also on PC.

That does that even mean

I think Dhory sitting on my face with me drinking the little creatures from her deep would be more fulfilling as this is looking like another fag list thread.

Lothric Knight set
Just wish it wasn't so tattered and came in blue

Butcher knife. What a beastly weapon.
The Dancer set.
Always been fond of the Greatsword of Artorias. Too bad the weapon is too slow for my liking.

fresh purchase i assume, enjoy the waste of time.

Please just stop.

Colour me surprised.
Why bother starting the thread if there's nothing new to talk about, nor is it a new release that everyone is madly playing. There's little discussion to be had until one of you fags starts sperging about something minor.

Fuck this dumb ass shitty game, I want to enjoy my fucking life.

I liked it more than the other two :^)

Please stop hating Dark Souls 3.

Bell Gargoyles aren't gay, unless you want them to be. Even then, they might have feminine penises

It's not my favorite, but I like the Aquamarine Dagger. I like that its weapon art turns it into a rapier of sorts. I like watching the little animation that your character does, he sort of flips it around in his hand. I like to press the button over and over like some kind of spastic just so I can watch the animation. I don't know if I have a favorite armor set, but I do like how a number of them will fit together reasonably well so that you can mix and match.

Source? Or just wishful thinking? I was under the assumption that whatever they're working on is a new i.p. Guess we'll see in a month or so.

please use archive.ism/articles/2016/09/21/from-software-working-on-3-games-one-of-which-is-armored-core

Too bad they decided to make that set always have skeleton-tier skinnyfag syndrome on the player model, regardless of physique.

DS3 is the worst souls game by far when it comes to quality control in armor on the player model. So many sets just make you a fat fuck or disgustingly skinny, all while being full of gaps in the meshes and clipping all over the place. Which is a real shame because it has some really phenomenal sets, design wise.

Bumpan.

DaS3 is fucking retarded with armour. It honestly feels like armour is pointless.

Stake Driver or Whirligig.

The second Hunter set looks nice.

The Moonlight Swords beam.

Bump

Both Astora and Anri's Straight Sword
Elite Knight set for life baybeeee
Gael's Greatsword

Mad King's Crucifix

You say this every thread. The only reason your thread isn't bumplocked is because you left it out of the OP this time. Why don't you make a fucking Dark Souls General rather than cock sucking your favorite game that's objectively worse than DaS1?

Favorite weaponfu?
Splitleaf Greatsword and Profaned Greatsword also RHH is up there.
Favorite armor set?
Winged Knight
Favorite weapon art?
Frayed Blade

Frayed Blade was such a bitch to get on my Dex Character. It took me like 5 tries on my NG+7 character to beat Midir.

But on my NG Dex build, that fucking Dragon would NOT do his fucking swipe attacks for shit. Normally you can just bait him into doing the two horizontal swipes and then punish him when he is recooping. But I literally just could not bait him into doing them. He will usually do them if you stand off to one of his sides up close, like not in front of his nose but off to one of his eyes, but that fucker just kept doing his autistic rage where he runs around half the map and his flurry combo which is punishable but sometimes has follow ups and is unpredictable as shit when as to when he is going to end it aka at 4 swipes, 6 swipes, or 6 swipes and then a charge or firebreath.

Still though, Midir is probably the best fight because DaS3 was lacking in the higher tier boss fights, too many gimmick bosses.

user behave yourself. Midir is a tedious boss to fight which is not good and goes against Miyazaki's philosophy of his games having a sense of accomplishment.

Midir isn't fun to fight because you spend too much time waiting for an opening to attack. Add in his huge health pool makes for a battle that I can't wait to get over with. I find Ludwig harder than Midir and that fight is one of the most satisfying bosses I've ever battled.

My favorite armor was the Dindu'Nuffin Set

I can't be the only one who started mashing the weapon art on it and pretending I was revolver ocelot, right

Probably Ornsteins Spear, with Gwynns sons armor. That or, the herald armor that's all silver and simplistic looking with a visor put up to show the face, with the knights lance. There's something satisfying about having a character that looks like your stereotypical heroic knight.

I don't know I have killed him 4 times and each kill felt satisfying as fuck.

Its all a matter of your personal preference.
I hated the Kalameet fight in DaS1 but as it stands Singh was my favorite in 2 and Midir was my favorite in 3.

I do see how people could get irked by it though, the fact that his head is the only really viable spot to attack him in is a bit of chore. It might have been better if the head had bonus damage and his legs and underbelly took "normal" damage.

I dont think ive seen the dragons in DS2 or 3.
Are they sexier than Kalameet?

Nice pents…

Sinh is pretty cool but has a giant spear going through his poison-filled chest. Midir has nice proportions but has this curse infection going through his/her body.

I can desl with both of those

Making Midir have less resistance to damage still wouldn't solve the unfun tedium. To give an example on how bad the tedium can get you know that first attack he always does, I've had that spammed about 5 times in a row multiple times in a fight with him. While that move is the most excessive his others that he spams are not far behind in terms of wasting time waiting for him to finish doing. The distance he can travel is far faster than you can sprint by a long shot so the only effective way of battling him is to just stand there and wait for him to come to you making this tactic 90% of the fight.

There is zero you can do to remove the tedium because to do that would require the removal of most of his moves.

Personally the best dragon fight ever done in a Souls game is Sinh. At least Fromsoft managed to get one dragon boss satisfying to do. I do like Kalameet a good 2nd but that fucking 180 flame attack he spams gets boring to deal with, though the length of that attack is no where near as long as the majority of Midir's moves.

Oh and I forgot.

I've killed him about 20-30 times. Failed a lot due to being one shot by him helping others on higher new playthroughs (I know I've help a couple of people on NG+4).

When you've done him this many times you should hopefully start to see the cracks in his design. I have no problem with the design decision Fromsoft made with Midir but he's certainly not high tier boss.

Noice

claymore
drakeblood
nearly any stance skill

i know dark souls is finished but what is the future of dark souls 3 now that i have done everything 7+ times?

Play DS1 with heavy armor

i already did that

Shit game. No waifus, no lewd clothing, teleportation from the start made you feel disconnected from the world you were in.

In the first game, when you were in the middle of blighttown, that's where you fucking are. In this game, oh no, you're not, because the second you die you're back at a bonfire and can return to the nexus easy as pie.

Something about them giving you teleportation right at the start just killed something big about the game for me. It's still a 9/10 top tier game but fuck.

Partly why I really don't care much for DaS 3. It's a great game aesthetically, and the level design is some of the best in the entire series, but gameplay wise I feel so drained whenever I start a new character that I quickly quit and go play DeS or DaS 1/2. The armor being so fucking useless, with poise still "working as intended", makes for a boring batch of gameplay, especially with the pisspoor excuse for """""poise""""" hyperarmor is.

Longsword
Master's attire
Thrall's hood
Master's gloves
deserter trousers

beat soul of cinder on my first playthrough using this

Why do they keep nerfing fucking everything? It's like they want to force everyone to use a quality straight sword with light armor or some meme weapon they haven't gotten around to nerfing yet like those dual greatswords. I'm trying to have fun with this game but goddamn they are determined to ruin every fun build.

DaS3 sucks. DaS2 is literally better purely because of the viability of different builds.

DaS1 is the best though and will always remain the best.

You can thank pvp for that.

fighting him Sl1 NG+7 doesn't take more than 5 minutes at most

PvP fags killed Dark Souls.

Longsword
Literally doesn't matter.
R1 Longsword spam.

they only nerfed Carthus Rouge - what you need to do is actually infuse a weapon with bleed in order to get the same effect that Carthus used to have. You could also use a weapon with innate bleed with luck for extra scaling, but Bleed infusions actually mean something now.

Ledo's hammer
Drakeblood/ lord of cinder
The weapon you get by fusing the princes swords

Black Knight Sword, twin greatswords

i don't have a favorite, i just alternate between different fashions

Ledo's Hammer, Frayed Blade, Twin Greatswords

So far I'm caught between the Frayed Blade, Onyx blade, and the Crucifix of the Mad King Although the zweihander still holds a special place in my heart

Antiquated plain garb mixed with the lower half of the black witch set

Frayed Blade Hands down

You playing this on a laptop?

Battle Axe

Don't have an armor set yet because I did a shit job with everything and can't fucking where any armor sets due to weight

Is pyromancy a weapon art?

how the fuck have you not even purchased a set, just pump Vit and buy everything

I have purchased many, I cannot use many of them.

Yeah, I just noticed that today.
Took me forever to kill Demon Prince on my pure int caster.

I decided to get Dorhys Gnawing before the fight, and use the Int scaling chime to cast it. It took three casts just to proc one bleed.

Might as well be, I'm practically running it on a toaster as is

there is no dark souls 3 its a poorly disguised bloodbourne clone. if bloodborne is such a great game why not give it a sequel instead. ds3 is the worst offering of the series and the only thing it accomplished was making ds2 palatable in retrospect.

Probably because From wanted to sell it on 3 platforms, not one. The same can be said of Demon Souls

You know if you did some research you would know why.

Miyazaki and the DS team did not want to make DS sequels but the president of From Software at the time had a fat wad of cash waved in front of his face by Bandai Namco for two sequels. Bloodborne was already in production when the deal was signed which is why Miyazaki wasn't directing DS2. When Bloodborne was completed, Miyazaki jumped into the directors role when DS3 was already half way into production. Miyazaki scrapped it (it's speculated it was subpar or the backlash DS2 got caused them to dump that engine) and used the Bloodborne engine which was the modified version of the Dark Souls engine to do DS3. DS3 probably had a smaller budget than Bloodborne which is why DS3 looks a lot like it as it's using a lot of the lighting tools and assets.

What's important now is that during the development of DS2 and DS3, Miyazaki was promoted to President of From Software and he has zero intention of ever directing another Dark Souls game. Same goes for the Dark Souls team as they have also had enough of the series. They all want to move onto different things.

Why is there this meme that Dark Souls 3 is worse than Dark Souls 2, when it's actually better than Dark Souls 1?

That's objectively not true?

dark souls 3 takes the worst parts of ds2 ds1 and demon souls and gives you a heaping helping of it. i havent gotten a , "fuck you for giving us money " this hard since i bought diablo 3 on launch.

It takes Bloodborn combat and hyper armor and put it in DaS1 framework, it makes bosses and enemies actually fast, aggressive and dangerous instead of lumbering beasts with slow ass attacks.

I can say for sure that the current DaS3 is superior to everything in DaS1 save world connectivitity (which doesn't quite matter save for the post-Sen's fortress part of the game).
If they remake DaS1 and put in DaS3 combat, it would be superior to vanilla DaS1 and beyond.

Ledo's Hammer, Dragonslayer Greataxe, Heavy Great Club and Heavy Millwood Battle Axe

See screenshots. I ended up liking the Slave Knight gloves better.

Dragonslayer Greataxe, Ledo's Hammer

I don't know about you but once I figured out how to bait his patterns, I can finish him first try every time. I felt his health was appropriate for the last actual relative of the Everlasting Dragons. Personal ranking for me is Midir>Kalameet>Sinh

Whoops, wrong screenshot for the first, meant to upload this. I switched to Dark Knight Armour for the Demon Prince fight, felt it was appropriate.

This your first DS game?

Anyway, just use a weapon that already has some bleed and infuse it with a blood gem. That and leveling luck to 30+ gets you some good bleed, without having to fuck with rouge.

Although if they do remake DaS1, it would be quite good, since frankly some parts of DaS1 is rushed/incomplete.

DaS3 for all its worth is a much more polished game.

I just hope some days, some days, DaS3 will be given the respect it deserves.

amen

that explains a lot

Tried it out, blood infusion cuts your weapon damage in half but it does proc bleeding now. Honestly can't say it's worth it in PvE it doesn't proc against minor shit but does make them take longer to kill, and against large shit it does work but I'd be better off just using anris straight sword for DPS which is exactly what i wanted to get away from in the first place.

Gonna try rearranging some stats and grinding some blood gems to fuck around with but if that doesn't work i might just scrap the character.

I was thinking more over the course of the whole series. For instance in DeS DaS and early DaS2 Faith builds were totally viable but then they were nerfed so hard they never recovered. Or how armor was useful in DaS but nerfed in 2 and nerfed further in 3 to the point where we're back at DeS levels of uselessness.

I would laugh when From do remake DaS1 in BB/DaS3 engine and everyone fucking love it, showing how huge hypocrite people are.

I'm pretty sure From just doesn't know what the fuck they are doing most of the time when it comes to balancing/nerfing things.

Lightning Arrow in the DLC makes Miracles viable again, the shift in scaling too. Blessed Weapon+Dark Weapon+Infusions/gems all work well with the latest patch.

If you're talking PvE, anything is viable.

No you're just objectively wrong.

No one can objectively say to me DaS1 plays better than DaS3, they just can't.

Maybe you should play DaS1 again to remember why you're wrong then.

I'm playing it right fucking now.

It's super good game, but its gameplay is massively improved in DaS3.

Smoother animation, faster gameplay, better enemies overall.

I can't even bother to pick up the master key because it's damn close to near cheating when you can rush and get the halberd.

it's not like rushing to the taurus demon is hard anyway

Yeah, but at least it feels less cheating, since you can go all that way go Andre, go down to Darkroot then have super bad luck and the Black Knight doesn't drop the halberd.

why do you even care about the black knight weapons if you are so concerned with "cheating"
just pick any weapon you actually like and upgrade it like everybody else. getting to +15 isn't hard even before killing the gargoyles

It's definitely easier to just get the Black Knight weapon since they are relatively cheap to upgrade and you get like 4 twinkling titanites.

In order to get a +15 weapon, you need to farm, which is boring and time wasting.

then get the gravelord sword if you dont wanna pick the master key, or just get the drake sword like everybody who looked up shit instead of just playing the game

The gravelord sword is nice but I prefer black knight weapon since upgrading to max is quite easier.

And BK weapons are stronger than gravelord sword.

Drake sword is babby shit though. Why get that when you can get BK sword straight off the bat?

Why not just play the game with intended damage values? I can undestand being overpowered if you wanna rush a PvP build, but most people cheat items anyway.
So why do you insist on using black knight stuff

The standard Mace, standard Glaive and Demon Fists.

Alva, Drakeblood or Cathedral Knight, probably. Current setup is Creighton's Steel Mask (I occasionally swap it out for the Cathedral Knight helm), Alva Armour, Knight Gauntlets and Nameless Knight Leggings.

I like the Demon Fists' WA.

It's gameplay most certainly isn't.
DaS1 didn't have janky animation. And is absolutely fine. Don't even know what you're on about.
If anything you meant more streamlined gameplay which isn't a compliment. But what aspect of the gameplay is faster? The combat? The UI? I can say it dumbed down many features to accomplish this goal. So I don't know why you would pick this as a compliment to the game.
Completely false. Enemy design and mechanics were better overall in 1. The placement especially. They weren't copy pasted in almost every other level either save for a few unique enemies like the Headless Demons which were a huge step up in moveset variety from the Crystal things that I can barely remember the design of. Enemies in 1 usually had obvious weaknesses that gave you a sense of progression for understanding rather than crowding multiple enemies together and making a cheesewalk half necessary in 3. The amount of times I lured an enemy off of a cliff because of their retarded pathing instead of just fighting them because of how buffed they were in every area ended up being quicker and more efficient than actually playing the intended way. And because the shop was always available to me wherever I was with a quick homeward bone I never felt diminished on my supplies for making them fall off cliffs.

Uh, because I hate farming I guess.

DaS1 animation is slow and rough, some of the bosses animation are just huge ass swinging and hammering, with absolutely no variation.
It's definitely not streamlined, the combat is faster because you are faster, the enemies are faster and force you to be safer or die.
It's true though, the enemies designs, while lacking in perhaps variety, were much better in 3, and they are also more aggressive with better moveset.
Complete bullshit, most of the enemies were boring aside from the skellies and the knights, they were cakewalk compared to 3.
Oh so you admit the enemies are harder. The point of enemies aren't for posing or to interest you, it's to scare you off your ass.
The same as luring knights to dead in 1 then, there's no intended way in DaS.
Is this a bad thing now? Not traversing everywhere to just buy basic item seems like a plus to me, that certainly doesn't make the game any easier or harder, just less tedious.

How is gameplay in 3 more streamlined, though? It has more features than ever.
Hell, I just found out recently that you can do a 1st hit of a combo, throw a knife, then continue the combo after that. This can be a decent strategy for PvP, you can fool people into thinking your Greatsword combo has reset, only for the second hit to come out immediately. Projectiles are all around better, and I find myself using throwing knives on every character I've made, because baiting people into attacking, then backing off and hitting them from afar is so incredibly effective, and it makes them desperate and more prone to mistakes.
On top of that, there are charged attacks, weapon arts, rolling R2s, running R2s, etc., plus the omni-directional rolling, and the ability to strafe-run while locked-on makes fights a lot more dynamic and intuitive.

Doesn't equate to the majority of the game and only a few bosses are like this. Nobody here will defend Bed of Chaos or Ceaseless Discharge but bosses in 1 I felt were more interesting even though they repeated them occasionally. This was largely due to build up and clever presentation or context. In 3 they felt more in service to the lore than having an interesting situation. Which wasn't bad but whenever I crossed a fog gate I never felt excited for what was behind the corner as it was to often a human type enemy with a convoluted move set.
What? I think you're confusing frame rate with gameplay here. The gameplay being more quick depends largely on what weapons you're using anyway. This also isn't a detriment in Dark Souls 1. It's just something you're not explaining very well.
They wern't. Aggression maybe but again this isn't good because enemies were often close together and poorly placed leading to a gangrape. You were better off getting aggro one at a time which wasn't fun for anybody.
By this Logic DaS2 is better because the enemies are fucking broken. And you'll have to give your interpretation of boring. Because the amount of boring enemies in 3 made my head turn. We've had this discussion in another thread that got bumplocked. Stronger enemies don't make for more interesting ones. And if you want me to point out every weakness an enemy had in 1 I'de be glad to point it out. Just as an interesting fact,certain areas in 1 favored play styles and weapon upgrade routes more than others. In 3 this is barely even a factor.
Been over this. Difficulty doesn't equate to better design. Otherwise 2 would be a masterpiece.
Is this reddit? You sound like you're 12 trying to describing something you subjectively felt rather than giving me an actual justified reason as to why they're better than the enemies in 1. The enemies that posed as a threat only did so because their HP was stacked and they were grouped together with very few weaknesses. As a result this almost always lead you to trying to grab 1 of the enemies aggro at a time or trying to pull off a risky maneuver which would usually fail. In both cases it's usually a tedious waste of time until later game when you have to backtrack. Not all the enemies in 3 are shit. But many of them are. And much more when compared to 1. Examples would be the overuse of scamps, parasitic undead and the hallow manservants. As well as any time there were more than 3 medium to strong enemies next to each other at any given time.
This was only done in early game when you had no idea or you were out equipped and leveled. Dark Knights were easy to ignore and almost were never in your way however so when you did pull this off them falling off a cliff had some satisfaction. But because the level design wasn't horrible you usually had to kick them off instead of cheesing their pathing.
I doubt exploiting bad programming falls under the developers intended method of players playing the game. That's like saying the players should be abusing a glitch as a valid method of playing. Makes no sense.
It wouldn't be tedious if the level design wasn't linear. In 1 you could plan routes based of the supplies you needed and would make sure to take detours and become familiar with your environments in order to progress through them. If you found it tedious then you might as well be playing Skyrim or some other quick travel open world game cancer.

In the streamlined gameplay I'm less talking about movesets more in terms of enemy and level design. As far as combats and movesets I'm not really interested. I don't gain much from an extended moveset if the moveset doesn't offer much outside of PvP. And the problem is that the added variety in moves are in service to a game not really designed around them. You could have put them in 1 and I wouldn't have really noticed an inherent difference to their usefulness. I guess I genuinely don't understand the appeal of having more moves if there was no issue with them in 1. I would rather the effort on that had went into fixing other things. The only actual improvement I noticed and enjoyed was the changed controls with the jump button. They somehow ignored the kick however which is 1 step forward 1 step back.

So you just ignore all the expanded gameplay mechanics, all the aggressive enemies that make the game harder, all in favor of DaS1 because you find that shit "interesting".

Well be my guest, it's really time to stop arguing because there's no point to.

You have a huge nostalgia bank for DaS1 and that's it.

Just start a new run, goddamn kill nearly all the Black knights and only got one black knight sword at the northern asylum with 9-10 humanity.

What luck.

Oh well, at the least the sword alone is enough to finish this game and NG+.

Like I said. Difficulty isn't synonymous to good game design. If you're not going to explain what makes 3 more engaging and mechanically solid than 1 you're only being a contradictory faggot who wants to label me as having rose tinted glasses. I've played both games to completion and enemies in 1 had more variety and thought put into them than 3 did. DaS3 often placed enemies in places that made no sense or weren't needed. This isn't helped by more enemies also being humanoid in appearance and move set.

Particle effects were a mistake.

Is this a ruse or just an attention whore?

Eventually I suppose I'll have to reinstall to do that.

There's no goalpost moving here.

DaS3 objective plays better and has more challenging enemies to fight than DaS1.

The game is overall faster, the animations are tighter with less over sword strikes, the enemies all have tight hitboxes and varied moves that make them harder to counter and read, and they are placed bunch together to cover their own weakeness, fighting using the expanded mechanics prove both challenge and joy to those who are looking for a good fight.

You just prefer DaS1 for some strange ass reasons. No variety doesn't cut it since DaS1 enemies are placed sparsely, and only SOME have varied movesets compared to DaS3, namely the skellies, goddamn the skellies are good.

It makes sense because humanoid enemies are the most interesting enemies in Souls, they actually are intelligent, can use weapons and have varied movesets.

I can agree with that. There's a lot of cool weapons in this game that fucking no one uses because a straight/curved sword will give you better results. Like yeah you can flip all over the place with the Farron Greatsword but it just leaves you open to attacks while not really doing that much damage. End result is that this just feels like Demons Souls with less viable builds. Hell if you're going by build variety 2 is the best by far, i ran into some really weird builds in that game that made online really interesting.

Well, this is a Dark Souls 3 thread, friendo.

And I decide that there's enough pointless hate on this game, when it's superior to its brothers.

In fact, its only flaw is that it lacks the oh-so-not linear world design of DaS1 (which is rendered moot when you can warp around anyway).

Okay, so you're that faggot flammer that got reported last time
Hope people report you again

I don't flame though.

What's up with this?

So apparently, everyone can shit on DaS3, but if anybody steps up and defends it, all hell break lose?

Everything is viable in DaS3, just that people stick to the most boring choices cuz simplest = best.

STR builds are always bad ass though.

I agree with 226f37's point about difficulty not equating to good gameplay design. I'm not shitting on 3, personally I think 1>3 barely >2, but I distinctly remember the infinite stamina 2 sword tallfucks at the snowing city in 3 (Can't remember the name, I played through DaS3 once when it released) were particularly bullshit without cheesing. None other come to mind immediately, but once I get finished plowing through SotFS (god what a shitshow this is, I weep at all the potential I'm seeing here with better handling) I'm buying the DLC for 3.

It feels like you're trying to play off 3's weaknesses as strengths. I hate a lot of stuff about 2, but it still has the stuff that it did right. Comfy landscapes, best fash souls, powerstancing, I'm torn between liking and hating the abundance of humanoid bosses because I do think it's a bit dull but I love good armor design.

Beating the game as a SL1 Deprived with the club is viable. Doesn't mean it isn't a worse option though. The simple weapons are best because the series was built around them, this isn't fucking ninja gaiden and that fancy shit just makes you a target. Point is it doesn't really matter if this game has weapons with flashy move sets if no one uses them because they don't work in this kind of game. They just end up a gimmick people play with for a couple seconds after they pick them up and then never use again.

Well, 3 doesn't really have any weakness past the linearity.

People will always complain about durr aggressive enemies, muh no-poise, but honestly, the game becomes much more fast-paced and dangerous with these.

Playing DaS3 is like fighting those skellies in the graveyard in DaS1, it gives you the goosebump considering your enemies can and quickly gang you up and kill you.

I've seen the farron greatsword jump being used successfully in PVP before.

Just that the average player will not do it because as said, it's simpler to just hack and slash.

Not everyone gets an erection at the prospect of having to swim through a shitpipe to get from point A to point B instead of taking a more enjoyable route.

Well, you can enjoy the route after you have killed them all.

Yeah, being able to just spam roll through every attack, is real fast paced game play. The lack of poise does nothing but reward r1 spamming on certain enemies, and poise was already completely irrelevant on boss fights, all it does is allow people to stagger lock enemies and other players in pvp. It's a complete lack of foresight from the devs thinking they can just copy paste bloodborne mechanics into DS3. In DS1, you actually needed to time your rolls in order to dodge enemies, and it took a second before you could roll again. In DS3, you can roll all you want, and it completely negates the fast paced action they tried to bring over to DS3.

Describe tighrer. This is like calling a game floaty or having a lot of heart. You need to describe what you actually mean by "tighter".
Negligible for most. Especially in Singleplayer. Hitbox fags will always point out every issue each game has with them for alternate enemies. You need to provide better examples overall because I was often the victim of hitbox shittery in 3 from NPC enemies and giants and then some. I got the same from 1 but I don't know why you're lying about better hitboxes when projectiles often would land right outside of my immediate area and still hurt me.
This would imply 1 had less varied moves when it often had more because of the enemy variety as I mentioned in my prior posts.
Challenge is fun when it's well designed and fair. When an enemy will group around you or drop from the ceiling or fell into one of the many cheap traps I often wondered why they needed to rely on traps or tanky enemies when instead they could have just made an interesting enemy that somehow uses its figure as an effective moveset.
Yea sure has nothing to do with the fact that it's a better designed game and most of the things that make 3 good are directly because of it. People wils argue Demons Souls is euql to or greater than DaS1 and they often actually present a good case unlike you.
Almost like they wanted a fair fight with focused combat instead of a clusterfuck of wonky enemy AI and constant attacking.
Every enemy in DaS1 has at least 5 to 10 moves each. Some might have less but you're bullshitting if you think that enemies in 1 had less interesting moves or movesets. 3 might have had better move sets if they wern't tied to gimicks and half the enemy's wern't just copy pasted into new areas that made no sense. Most enemies in 1 are unique to the area they're in and if that rule was broken it was done sparsly and tactically according to the lore or challenge.

Not even close. I will take a giant clam over another generic undead knight any day. You sure DaS2 isn't your most beloved game? All you seem to care about is difficulty and "muh challenge" over an genuinely enjoyable experience with pitfalls and hurdles that can be avoided with clever planning and countering with different abilities and weapons. A good example of this is Skeletons being killed permanently by Divine weapons. In 3 this is scrapped by just giving them an extra life and making them regenerate slowly forcing you to wait before you would progress. This concept overlays a large portion of the enemies in DaS1 where they become a lower hurdle by actually using some brains and learning tips through dialog and exploration.

Wasn't there a Scythe in the DLC that has a final fantasy tier ability but it pretty much useless compared to other weapons?

If people want to discuss DaS 1 or 2 they can. I said in a prior post, just make this a general and stop sucking 3's dick so hard. All the games have ups and downs but they're all similar to an extent that they should be discussed in 1 thread.

2 actually did a better job of that because they at least changed what was ganging up on you. Once you've been fighting those same midgets off for most of the game they kind of stop being a threat. Also while on the subject 2 had far more aggressive enemies than 3 as well.

Everything you've said is a plus for 3 so far was actually done better by 2.

I've been telling him this. He's also expressing how the difficulty makes the game better. 2 has more difficulty it's just horribly designed. Same goes for 3 to a lesser extent.

Well, sure it is fast-paced gameplay.

Abusing poise means you become a walking tank that just ignore hits and fight away.

Despite all the roll roll shit, STR builds without lock-on is still the most enjoyable way to play DaS3.

Well, if 2 has 3's gameplay then yeah, I would be down with it.

But 2 doesn't, it has little animation quirks that slow it down, and of course, dodge-depending stat.

There's a scythe in the first DLC in 3 that when you weaponart you create a scythe made from ice in your left hand, and when you L1 combo you do gigantic forward leaping slice attacks. It looks amazing like the Farron Greatsword's moveset, but viabilityfags most likely wont bother with it. I'm planning on using it when I start a new playthrough in 3, but I'm going to have to spec into INT which is something I usually don't do. Generally I go STR, DEX, or 40/40 with pyromancy.

So abusing poise? Having poise doesn't mean you can ignore hits, it means you actually trade with the enemy and can't just r1 spam or use your five second long weapon art to hit them, you actually need to think out when to trade, know what you can and can't do with your weapon, and like I said, with the lack of poise requires you to spam roll. It's a mixed bag of contradicting shit they threw in thinking it would work out.

The control is much more responsive, the moves are cleaner cut without wind-up or huge animation lag.
Not really, good hitboxes mean tigheter gameplay,
Well, you can't warp to backstab like DaS1 anymore, in fact, there's no warp to riposte or backstab in DaS3.
1 has less varied moves and the enemies in that game have less varied moves in general, variety doesn't mean anything if it's just a bunch of beasts wandering around.
Well, it is well designed and fair, you fight a group of enemies coming right toward you, that's about as fair as it gets in an action game.
It has nothing to do with it, after DaS3, DaS1 is pretty boring to play, the enemies barely attack you and you can wade through anything, except maybe catacombs and tombs of the giant with dem skellies.
The case they represent i.e. linear but warpable levels, much faster gameplay would certainly make it superior to DaS1.
Nah, it's not a fair fight considering DaS1 enemies AI aren't very good, and they lack moves.
Yes, I can safely say that outside of skellies, hollows, knights and barbarians the enemies in DaS1 don't have varied movesets.
Well, suit yourself, the clam is a stupid enemy designed for farming, like the leeches.

Yup, its special ability forces you into some slow walk while both scythes are out. It's fucking cool sure but damn near useless.

Not really abusing poise, since I play with light armor and heavy weapons, so it's a glass cannon.
It means you can ignore the enemy hit and your animation will always get to the enemy.

So instead of "r1 spam", you just R1 somebody.

It doesn't take skill, it doesn't take thinking, it just requires stats.

Well, it's my thread dude, and this thread is for DaS3.

Feel free to discuss DaS1 and DaS2, but shitting on DaS3 with stupid arguments? Not on my watch.

That's some bullshit m8. 3 straight up reuses the same enemies for the entire game so there's no new variety in their moves. Most notable example is when you return to Lothric castle which is hyped for the entire game only to fight the same shit from the first level again. I think the only areas that really had unique enemies were the swamp and smouldering lake.

What site do you think you're on? Fuck off retard.

Well, considering the amount of DaS1 enemies with varied moves can be counted with one hand.

The various kind of hollows (especially the thief), the skellies (various kinds), the dogs, the barbarians (still too slow to be challenging), the demon titanite (harder than most bosses), the knights.

I would say 3 has better enemies in that each of them have a good moveset.

This is the chan, we don't take shit standing down here.

Get tough or get lost.

why do the bossfights feel so tedious to me? its like banging my head against the wall until it breaks and i can finally go back to exploring the levels again. i don't even feel joy, i feel relief when i'm done with them. it never felt that way in monsterhunter, yet it's a game that revolves mostly around bossfights.
also, why the gimmick fights? deacons of the deep, wolnir, yhorm - they all revolve around a single gimmick and they're probably not the last fights that were designed that way. i'm only past sulyvahn, so surely theres more.
i just want to enjoy the leveldesign, not be blocked off via wars of attrition.

It's a very strange feel, considering MH bosses are fucking health spoonges that require more than 10 mins to beat.

Maybe you just don't like the game?

But Bloodborne is just Dark Souls with the worst weapon movesets, mostly shitty bosses, and no option to fatroll. The only advantage Bloodborne has over DaS3 is the better level design/2nd best bonfire system.

Bloodborne has better bosses than Dark Souls though.

I generally don't like hybrid builds and just go 80/20 on DEX/STR respectively. I've done strength but I was one of those fags that would abuse the DWG ring with a Halberd and Silver Knights Spear, Great Scythe or some other far reaching weapon. Some great fun in being a glass cannon.

No they aren't. They're the same.
Wind up's were good for telegraphing higher damage. And animation lag would imply that a hit would only register after the swing which isn't true at all.
And they weren't worse in 1 outside of PvP netcode. Which nobody will defend as perfect in any Souls game.
This was partly because enemies would picot on a point much like 2 but nowhere near as bad. Backstabs weren't fixed in 3 they were just nerfed.
Already disproved this because
"beasts" already have more variety because that's such a vague term. In 1 you had giant clams, glowing butterflies that shot magic lasers, slow moving giants that debuffed you with removed speed, Gargoyles with different weapons and abilities, floating masses of humanity with simple yet effective move sets that actually worked in groups and much more. There was always a logic and diversity the the enemies in 1. "Beasts" is just simplifying it to a gross amount.
Are you absolutely retarded or something? If the game isn't designed around this concept it shouldn't be included. Dark Souls is not designed around a room full of strong enemies. It's just not. Otherwise half your moves would be AoE and damage would be much higher.
I'll just redact the fun I still have playing the game then
You also don't level up and are in considerable danger when the boss comes up. Unless you're well attuned to the enemies moves then you're not going to be able to blidnly run through the game. The fact that on your next playthrough you can actually git gud and go through the game relatively low leveled when it would have completely destroyed you on your first run is a testament to the solid design choices made in the game that add to the sense of learning and progressing as a player.
I hear otherwise on other areas. Linearity isn't inherently bad for the souls series but the way that 3 is structured borrows to heavily from it's prior titles and comes off as a mishmash of ideas rather than a solid, singular product.
We;ve been over why they don't. And the AI is worse in 3. I think the pathing method I can use on almost any enemy in the game proves this. But enemies also following way past their spawns and being able to cheese with projectiles also doesn't help.
Do you want me to link you to several wiki's of the enemies move sets in 1? They all have a solid amount and will use them. You're lying through your teeth. Shit the giant clams alone have at least 5. Many to do with their entire body or their legs.
Yea because farming doesn't exist in 3 at all :^)
And they served as a final front to the boss. Carrying objects that cured curse which the boss primarily uses. It's almost like thought went into their location. This is what I mean when I say "interesting" by the way. They're unique only to that area. Make sense in the context of the area, and have a new move set at the final leg of the area that new players will freak over but eventually laugh at and enjoy killing on a later run. It's a better alternative to a group of undead mobs who drop nothing of value and can kill you in less than 4 or so hits just because "lol difficulty".

to bad. Report me if you're this mad that you couldn't make a simple thread about all 3 games instead of focusing on the one you think is somehow better.

Are you fucking serious nigger?

Like i'm trying to have fun with game because i bought it and the season pass and it does have some good points, but don't pretend it isn't flawed as fuck.

Yeah man those clams and hydras sure did fight exactly like those knights. I fail to see how fighting the exact same shit over and over through the game counts as better movesets.

I'm embarrassed just looking at this tism fit

80? Really? The diminishing returns are so bad after 40, the highest that I ever go is 50 DEX or STR. Quality builds are always fun though, they have the best stunlocking.

He actually made a thread before telling anons to stop hating 3 which got bumplocked because there was already a general up.
Me to. Still better than OP.

I mean percentage wise of those 2 abilities alone. I would also dabble a bit in Faith and 40 endurance obviously. Wrath of the Gods was cancer in PvP but fun as fuck in offline. Vitality would probably not go above 30-40 but it depended.

I'll admit I didn't play all the way through. I did finish the bosses up to Rom, and it seemed like all the bosses were just PvP fights against relatively normal enemies or fast, scrawny beast bosses which both moved the same. There was the witch but she was shit for the same reason Pinwheel/The Crystal Witch was shit.

Well, you can go to Youtube and search longsword moveset.
They aren't good for anything but slowing down the game, everybody knows you are doing R2 if you suddenly slow down your attach.
Happens with slower weapons such as Demon's Greataxe.
And they are better than 1, you can cleanly miss an enemy without shockwaves from a fucking halberd strike hitting both.

But never mind this shit.

Yes, Dark Souls is designed with the idea of fighting multiple enemies. It's what you do in DaS1.

DaS3 just makes it harder and better because enemies are much more aggressive and will gang up with more moves.

Please do.

Most of DaS1 are easily killed and piss easy to fight because they lack movesets, are slow and easily picked up by wandering outside of the herd.

In DaS3, you have to fight or abuse the AI pathfinding if you are bad, no shame in that, but it's a more challenging and rewarding game.

If there's anything Bloodborne did better and felt more fresh than Souls games, it was the movesets, by far.

*weapon movesets

I'm serious as it goes for a vidya.

No game is flawless, but gameplay-wise, DaS3 is superior to both DaS1 and DaS2.

Heck, DaS1 is only superior because of the level design (which again is nothing after Lord vessel, the game is rushed after that).

Because these enemies can dodge and can fight.

How do you fight clams and hydras?

You go up and slash at them, which they take and die.

The very first boss is already better than the majority of DaS1.

DaS1 didn't have very good boss, aside from O&S, Artorias and Manus.

Don't you mean, "we don't take shit sitting down"? Standing is the strength option. Also jesus christ, for your own sake never refer to it as "the chan" again.

Why, this is the chan, no? And yeah, I think I got the wrong idiom.
I pirate all 3 games, but DaS3 is the best.

I'm not a fool to waste money on vidya game lol

Is that seriously the argument you're going with here?

I am.

The skellies do a wonderful thing, they fucking dodge.

I couldn't find any weapons in Bloodbourne I liked, they were all like some anime weapon in that their speed/slowness was exaggerated so much that they weren't fun.

Gascoine annoyed the shit out of me, personally. The story for him is nice, but the graves being littered everywhere was fucking annoying and made me realize quickly how easily it was to abuse the blood vial system. As for the actual fight itself, it just seemed like both PvP and a beast boss at the same time. It was nice the first time, but playing as far as I did already made me feel like I fought the same boss multiple times and I doubt I'd enjoy it if I picked up Bloodborne again or played NG+.

I think you're confusing wind up with controller response.
God forbid higher damage should come at the cost of a longer build up. By your logic dexterity would have no use. But I bet you're a STR only fag so the point is lost.
Post non PvP videos I guess. I don't get this at all.
Git gud Halberd shockwaves may be a thing in PvP but never offline. I know this by maining the weapon for my 2nd and 5th play through.

We've been over why harder isn't better. It's just more frustrating and tedious which leads to aggro thinning and encouraging to cheese the enemies rather than dealing with them directly.

darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Drake
4 attacks with varying effects and statuses and strategies. Negated with lightning defense.
>darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Ghost
4 attacks. Not to mention wall phasing. Entirely different from anything else you'll encounter in the game
>darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/The Channeler
3 attacks 1 buff. Placed strategically and made sense in the locations. You could almost equate 1 attack for all the typically weak enemies that were buffed. In any case a unique encounter unlike most of the encounters in 3.
>darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Flaming Attack Dog
Only 3 attacks but it's a dog. What's unique about this is fire breath which can catch a new player off guard and is inherently difficult because they're placed in a difficult to reach area.
darksouls.wiki.fextralife.com/Mass of Souls
Look at this motherfucker. There's nothing in 3 that has anywhere near as an original and well designed move set. Easier? Maybe. Better designed and entirely more engaging? Absolutely.

There's more but looking at them I'll reduce the average to 4 attacks from 5. I'll concede on amount but variety and varied not so. Most enemies in 1 were designed around being encountered sparsely and the ones that are encountered often obviously have a larger move set. They're moves however all do very different things. Bosses and higher up enemies usually had more such as the Titanite Demon, however this goes back to what I was saying about the player having a larger move set. Easier maybe but better thought out and designed overall. They manage to do less with more.
This is retarded. I'll say this again. Harder doesn't mean better. It just means more grind and more tedium. Even if you're good and have the strongest armor in the game there are enemies that will completely drain your HP or stunlock you or gank you with only a tiny handful of ways to counter this. Especially in early game where you cheese the most.

well i like the level design and trying out new weapons. thats the main reason i'm playing. the bosses aren't as enjoyable, because they are a completely different portion of gameplay. they differ wildly in how they should be approached. you can't continue playing until you've done their section. optional bosses are different for me, because i can freely decide to come back if i feel ready or something. they don't stop me from enjoying the game. i give every non-optional boss like 15 to 20 tries, then do it with summons if it's not dead at that point, because every time i forced my way through it there was no reward whatsoever. i just realize i wasted time i could have spent on enjoying the game.
in comparison to mh, dark souls feels less snappy, active and reliable in all the wrong ways for me - starting with things like input lag. so when it comes to 15 minute fights, i feel less exhausted and its easier to realize mistakes. yhorm has a comparable healthbar, yet after the third try i looked up what i was doing wrong - because surely that can't be right. some of the mh bosses have huge healthbars, yet it feels infinitely less cheap. i can't put my finger on it, but its there.

Dark Souls 2 related. Been trying to find the actual Bear, Sikh, Sikh, List image. I've recreated it in clipart for your benefit. Anyone have the original?

what is pic?
bear indian phone indian phone shopping list?

Bear
Sikh
Sikh
List

Surely someone recognizes it and has the original.

It's both, DaS3 has more LESS wind-up and more responsive control.
The whole game is faster for every parties, STR R2 is still the slowest.
youtube.com/watch?v=_UByf1Fzdfk
I just get the fucking BK halberd, user, I see it killing 3 enemies without even hitting them, fuck you and your lie.
No, you haven't been over harder being better. Harder IS better, you being a bad player doesn't mean challenges don't make the game more playable.
Get outta here, so you yourself prove yourself wrong. Unique moves and sparsely moves, hardly. DaS3 enemies are more numerous and with more movesets in general.
No, bosses in DaS1 doesn't actually have much moveset, and the titanite demon being one of the most interesting and challenging enemies to fight against, surprise, they fight like a DaS3 enemy due to how all ranges they cover, and they aren't afraid to gang on you.
No, they aren't, they are just easier. You are just a nostalgiafag.
Harder means you have to get better, and no amount of fucking grind is going to make you better, unlike DaS1. Get gud or get out.

Of course they should be somewhat different in comparison to the mob, but they are in no way, completely different than what you normally do in Souls.

And input lag really? That's a thing in DaS3 now?

And no, you can kill Yhorm in fucking minutes, the MH bosses can take 11 to 15 minutes, that's completely different.

DaS3 bosses are closer to DMC bosses while MH bosses are a grind.

Blatant lying like I said. Controller response has more to do with the controller than it would the game.
We've been over why faster isn't better.
How desperate can you get? I can find similar vids on games better known for 0 imput delay. Doesn't mean they're right.
Lol. Wasted my time reading this but for reference sake why don't you go play Dark Souls II if you like retarded difficulty so much.
Great argument faggot.
There was less grind in 1 you retard. Leveling up was easier and enemies wern't stacked with HP. This has nothing to do with getting gud it's just bad design you refuse to admit to.

I play with KB+M, dum dum. DaS3 still is the most responsive.
No, we have not been over that shit, faster means everything is more risky and you have to be faster or die, that is key for every motherfucking input-related game.
Well, are you denying reality now?
Because DaS2 has worse controls than DaS3, not to mention, worse everything else, jesus, some bosses basically hit track without animation.
It's true though, even the goddamn basic enemies in DaS3, the thrall is more interesting to fight than half of that list because they can dodge, parry and fight back.
Wait, you grind in DaS3? I don't grind in DaS3.

Get gud.

Never said you used otherwise. And a mostly downvoted video with 400 views isn't proof. If there is a difference it's in the hardware.
Faster to you just means quicker animations or a faster frame rate. When it comes down to the gameplay there's more things to consider than add to speed and weather or not it's actually a functional and well implemented feature. I've played both games and I don't understand what you're trying to convey with speed being better. You're not advocating what you're talking about with any concept that makes the game actually better.
No I'm denying the validity of a short video that is using the wrong software to record input delay. We had a similar faggot think the same occurred in Dustforce before he realized why he was retarded.

The controls are the least of DaS2's problem. We're talking about difficulty here and 2 has major problems when it comes to this. You're blind if you genuinely think that if you had the same moves in 2 that it would suddenly fix the problems it had with difficulty.
Way to miss factual truth that there's more grinding in 3 than there is 1. I actually went into newer areas underleveled and fought fairly before it became tedious and went to cheese tactics. In any case you completely missed the point so grats.
lol.

i'm playing on an underpowered console, so maybe it doesn't happen on pc, but they're selling the game on those systems so it really shouldn't be there. i would guess its about 200 to 300 ms for me. you can adjust to it but that doesn't make it go away. i'm not a fighting game autist, but it's enough to throw me off.
with the gimmick weapon, yes. using my normal weapon i did like 40 damage. considering he is said to have above 20k hp, it really isn't a matter of minutes. you grind the monsters in mh, but i would argue that their design and attack patterns really are not grindy like something you would encounter in diablo or whatever. they don't feel like a chore to do.
that sounds really debatable. they feel nothing like bosses in the bayonetta games, at least for me

Ah that makes sense, I think you should proper upgrade.
Dude, if you properly upgrade, it's impossible to do just 40 damage to Yhorn, and Yhorn's HP for first play through is only 27K.

Well, it's that you feel, because it's different with me, a 15 minutes boss fight where most of you trying to dodge and slash at the dino butt is the opposite of a good boss fight.
Well, bayo bosses aren't DMC bosses, Bayo 1 bosses aren't well-known for being good, except the ocassional Jeanne fights.

Shut your whore mouth.

Jeanne fights are the best boss fights in Bayo for me, since she can hit and dodge.

Giant bosses in Bayo 1 suck dick dong.

Hahaha, pvp is honestly cancer, but invasions are where its at, the salt overflows. Its platinum.
I had a Russian guy before using google translate to insult me in English, my screenshot didn't work though.

Misread. Giant Bosses are fine to. Dunno what you're on about.

whats properly at that point of the game?
but theres a lot of items that you are very much encouraged to use and the weapons movesets are a lot more varied and status effects matter. also terrain is often part of the gameplay, at least more than i've encountered it in dark souls.
thats the first time i hear that and i really have to disagree

I dunno, a Boss's soul weapon, a properly infused weapon or a Black Knight weapon? Yhorn is not exactly early game.
Oh please every weapons in MH have the same moveset, they belong to class, and different weapons only give stats. The most efficient way to play is still roll and slash.
It's a common sentiment. Bayo 1 bosses suck.

Yeah, I don't think this is a good boss:
youtube.com/watch?v=dcm3zr_kXQI

With idiots
Try a harder difficulty if it bores you.

No, with DMC fans and people who don't like GOW-tier giant bosses with QTE out of the ass.
Harder difficulties make common fight harder, not bosses.

Proof you don't know what you're talking about.

Lothric knight long spear. I am a sucker for spears even though swords are more useful against bosses.
Fallen knight set. Looks too good to switch, but if forced I'd go with dragonscale armor.

Explain?

Bosses are made more aggressive and given more HP/Weak points and you take more damage. Also no Witch Time on Infinite. There's more changes on a more deeper combat involving combo's, patterns and items but I won't spoon feed you everything.

The bosses have more HP sure, they attack faster but they do not have new attacks or rare enemy placements like common encounters.

Bosses still remain the easiest part aside from QTEs.

There's no new attacks in harder difficulties. They're just more common with the harder to dodge ones.

Unless you want a pure Platinum. Why are you even assuming this when you didn't even know the differences that difficulty brought? But yes a boss chapter is easier because it's 1 battle and you're not keep a constant score with multiple verses. Gameplay wise though, early game is easier than most boss fights before difficult angels show up.

Misread the ID my bad. My points outside of that are fine though.

No new attack, true.

But common mob has rare enemies added to completely change how you fight.

The giant bosses fight remain mostly the same.

As you said yourself, it's easier getting a pure plat on boss chapter.

Besides the changes I mentioned in aggressiveness, speed and longevit, weak points sure and overall difficulty, sure. They're mostly the same fight. They're just entirely more difficult.
It would be as hard as playing any chapter but only doing 3 or 4 verses instead of all of them. Less length makes it easier to pure platinum but the actual combat is comparably difficult. It's just condensed.

Just call e81503 a nigger and move on. He doesn't (and likely can't) support his claims, he'll just restate them or move goalposts.

I disagree on the entirely more difficult part, I would agree they are more difficult at all if you have finished normal or hard. Infinite has the witch time handicap, but you frankly do not need that shit when you have the item to dodge and bomb everyone.
Fuck no, it's harder dodging multiple fast enemies than one big slow ass enemy.

This is in contrast with DaS3, where bosses pose a challenge.

I'm pretty much done. At first I thought it was just him not understanding the gameplay but I realized he just lies and does what you said.I've been busy playing vidya all night during this, so it's no big deal for me If it weren't OP I wouldn't give a shit but this faggot makes these threads every time his old one goes down and as a result nobody else can make a general.

Did you honestly contrast DaS3 to fucking Bayonetta? Jesus fuck I'm done with this cancer. Let somebody else make the next DaS thread you oxygen thief.

Why not?

Bayo has superior normal mob encounter, but it has the inferior boss fights to DaS3.

Did you misquote?

I just make a typo.

I argue that after you finish normal or hard, Bayo bosses on Infinite aren't all that harder, aside from nimble fighters like Jeanne and Rodin.

What makes you think I've even played Bayonetta?

What are you playing right now user?

Oh sorry, princess, thought everybody gotta at least tried bayo by now.

I'm playing 'cooking my dinners and lunches for the next two weeks.' I was doing a sneakthief playthrough of DS1 yesterday, though. Starting off on NG+ and backstabbing everything.

Prove it that's the difference in hardware?
No, for a real time, 3 things matter the most, speed, hitboxes and smoothness, DaS3 has these 3 thingss while DaS1 fails in speed and hitboxes (you can get pretty fast in DaS1 but not DeS or BB or DaS3 fast)
It being better because the enemy kills you faster but you also kills enemy fast, it makes combat fast and risky which is very rewarding for an action RPG.
On the contrary, the little animation quirks are what make DaS2 a chore to play.
Prove it? Because I never grind much in either games, outside of farming for item because RNG.

DaS1 has more grind if you in for a poise heavy build though, which requires a large HP bar.

this tbh fam

B-bump.

I'm not sure what any of that means. I don't see how weapons in Bloodborne are slower than any Souls game.

Is that a Pyramid Head set?
It looks real nice

Bear See Sea Less was easily my most hated character out of all of the DaS games
She was a fucking tumor, talking to the damn fire alone would have been a more rewarding and enjoyable experience

knee high boots tho

Might as well drop this here.

No, Souls threads will not endure such degeneracy.

It's the executioner head (gold ardeo) and butcher set, once I saw it, I cosplayed as Pyramid Head the rest of the game

Was that Vaati or the afro guy? I forgot.

CM was right.

I check all the early weapon guide for DaS3 but I never see one where they recommend the Black Knight Greatsword.

That one you can farm and get in the Road of Sacrifice, which is super early game, and it can carry you the whole game.

Its not Vaati, he looks normal.

What scathing commentary. How much of this nightmare is grounded in reality? Who can say.

Please do not get carried away by sinful degeneracy.

We are supposed to stay away from the Dark.

#whitegirlsfuckdogs

is that not something people normally do? i went through the game fat rolling for the most part.

COMMON FILTH WAS RIGHT AGAIN

What a fag afro has become.
I remember when his content was just funny songs, some text jokes, and invasions.

Making the le ebin XDDD "da legend" meme ruined him, look at him, what a disaster. It wasn't shortly after that video that his content went to shit and I unsubbed, looks like I made a good decision.

Hugh G Rection and MrNosec were always the superior shitposting/meme videos. Shame they're both inactive now.

Woah, Friede's VA is fucking hot.

Better than the one in 3 which somehow was more doll-like than the actual doll in Bloodborne.

She's a real looker, let me tell you.

Do you think she poos in the loo ?

Either you die out or become a cuteboy in the dark souls meta video game, apparently.

Does it make you feel better having the last word knowing that you're wrong?

Subhumans are incapable of knowing or understanding.

Not really, since with or without the argument, DaS3 still plays better and is harder than DaS1.

That's a reality that cannot be denied.

Not all indians are street shitter tier.
Rule of thumb when it comes to Indians,
If he talks like Apu, the street is his Loo, If he speaks like a Brit, in the Loo he will shit

Your reality must be you being mentally retarded then. This stopped being an argument when you started making up problems and moved goalposts when you couldn't back them up.

For the record, the dude I was arguing against do admit DaS3 is harder than DaS1 and offers way more mechanics and moves, he just refuses to use them and consider them tedious.

So in other word, I'm right, but he still prefers DaS1 for some reasons.

Same guy. I used the moves and they had nothing to do with what I said about the actual problems with the game. Learn how ID's work you low function tier retard.
If lack of any proof outside of inferior subjectivity made you right. Sure. You're a tragedy for oxygen molecules is what you are.

I'm right. There I win this argument.

This bait is fishy.

I'm not at home so I can't post a picture of my fashion, but i could write it down.
Right hand: Gotthard Twin Swords
Left hand: Target Shield
Head: Alva Helm
Chestpiece: Xanthous Overcoat
Gloves: Sellsword Gauntlets
Legs: Elite Knight Leggings
The set is supposed to have a wandering warrior look, the upper body looks kinda skinny and i used sliders to fix that.

It's been ages since I last played the first Dark Souls, so I can't remember exactly how hard it is, but I started playing DaS3 a week or so ago and am now at the Grand Archives. So I haven't finished it yet, but unless there are any significant difficulty spikes left I'd be pretty confident in calling DaS3 the easiest in the series by quite a margin.

I don't think that necessarily a bad thing, mind. I used to think DeS and BB were the easiest, but they're still my favourites in the series.

No, I'm right because the fact stand with me.

DaS3 objectively offer you more options to tackle enemies with, and harder enemies that can counter your options than DaS1.

Your "actual" problems are not problems of the game, but more or less, your preferences on DaS1 (sparse but dumb enemies, slow combat).

How can that be?

I think it's time you replay DaS1 to see how easy it is.

It's harder than DaS1 because the enemies can kill you faster.

The "proper level design" does not make the game harder and the enemies in DaS1 aren't smarter, or even more numerous.

Someone recommend me a lightweight weapon, please - I've been getting some mileage out of the Follower Sabre, but it just isn't my speed, and I intend to aim for a below 30% equipload at 15 VIT.

Mostly because of the bosses. Again, haven't finished it, but the only bosses I've had any considerable level of difficulty with so far are the Dancer and, to a much lesser extent, Dragonslayer Armour. That aside, it feels like everything in DaS3, bosses and standard enemies, has a really bizarrely low amount of health. And in the way of standard enemies, there certainly haven't been any that made me feel anywhere near as threatened as, say, the giant shark guys from BB's Fishing Hamlet (and bear in mind I used to think BB was the easiest or second easiest).

I don't think DaS3's enemies are any more difficult than the average enemies in any other entry in the series, they just feel a bit overwhelming sometimes because they tend to come at you in groups like in Bloodborne, only you don't have the speed that you had in Bloodborne to cope with them sometimes.
Maybe, though it'd be difficult to gauge whether I find it easy because I've played so much more of the series now than when I first played DaS1 or because it's actually just been easier than I thought all along.

It's weird considering some other dudes above complaining about how bosses are tedious due to large HP.

But no, you really should go back to playing Dark Souls 1, I think the only boss that might give a kill or two, if at all, is the O&S, Artorias and Manus.

ALL other are too slow now for the skill you acquired playing DaS2, BB & DaS3.

Gotthard twinswords, have pontiff right eye and carthus beacon pyromancy for the big damage.

Brigand Axe
Herald Set
They're all worthless shit

I actually never did get round to playing AotA now that you mention it so replaying DaS would be a pretty good idea

A while back, I actually had the itch to play DaS2 again as well for whatever reason, even though it's least favourite in the series. I definitely like DaS3 better so far but I do miss some of the cool features 2 had like power stancing. I've already beaten DeS about 7 or 8 times so I like to think I'd be alright at it by this point wew.

As long as you get comfortable with how you move in DaS2, I don't think it's a big problem playing it.

Put the Old Wolf Curved Sword on your back if you can for another repeat-attack buff. To my knowledge it stacks with Carthus Beacon and Pontiff's Right Eye and procs after the first hit.

I can't believe people are still listening to that muslim piece of shit.

He didn't want to weigh much though.

Is he doing a Flynn's Ring build?
Otherwise as long as he doesn't exceed 70% carry weight he should be fine.

Probs

Flynn's isn't about the percentage, it's about how much you are carrying overall. It's really hard to keep it under 10 and the returns from using the become non-existent beyond 20.

It's really just tells how utterly fucking biased this game is towards heavy armor-faggotry.

Heavy armor eats so much damage nowadays that you don't have to dodge. Put a decent shield on tops of that and you can just R1 your way to victory. Meanwhile light armor is so garbage that you might as well go naked. Even though the gain from Flynn's ring is so minimal that you are left significantly underhanded against tin cans.

user is right this game in PVP especially now favors heavy armor and heavy weapons.
You can be absolute shit, stand still and just bait attacks to just trade with people and get easy wins.

Hell you can even argue that PvE is easier too, the knockdowns on heavy weapons pretty much make progressing through the game a joke. Having trouble with the Ringed Knights ? Just charge a heavy weapons 2hR2, knock them down rinse and repeat.

BOSS VS BOSS

Slave Knight Gael vs Nameless King.

Heavy armor + heavy weapon allows you to just spam r1 and ignore all hits, along with the no stamina costing weapon arts that have enormous AOE, and you're still able to roll quickly with all of it. You're not able to light roll with any real armor, 99% of people medium roll. The only thing straight swords have going for them for example is their scaling, with isn't remotely comparable to most weapon arts damage, which 90% of heavy weapons, espiecally the DLC weapons, have stupid anime tier weapon arts. Compare that to a stomp weapon art that doesn't give enough poise to actually use it.

Making up things doesn't make them facts.
No their with the game. There's flaws and you just ignore them as subjective.

We've been over this though I'm still right. Nothing you can do to change that.

I would love to see them AI controlled and duke it out.

I have a feeling Gael would slaughter most all bosses, with maybe the exception of Midir.

You need to go back and play DS1 again. It's kind of pathetic how easy and simple it is at this point.

How do I stop using the Great Club every game?

He's saying it's "harder" because half the enemies have several wide sweeping attacks with endless stamina that you can't tell which of the three versions they're going to do or will follow you for 45 feet in an attack animation and armor doesn't actually prevent damage. Granted the first game suffers from the fact that you can bait/chain parries and backstabs for fucking days on most enemies.

You don't.

Great club best club.

You don't even need to do that, just slash them and they will die.

DaS1 enemies are terribly un-aggressive after you played DaS3 where enemies pursue you relentlessly after you trigger their aggro.

You don't. Of course some greatcurved swords/great swords/greataxes are wee bit faster but it doesn't matter.

These "flaws" aren't flaws to anyone who are good at the game.

So pretty much DaS1 at this point?

Yet fags still hate it?

No greater feeling then watching a shitter host see all his best laid ganks fall to waste as he panics and dies like a bitch.
Its exhilarating.

And he had the gall to summon me again for the same thing.

Considering all armors gave you poise in DaS1, and it actually gave it to you consistently, and not only when you're spamming, no. Also, you where actually able to punish people for spamming in DaS1, you're able to just do six flaming backflips in a row with two great swords in DaS3.

DaS1 isn't the golden standard for pvp fighting. It had good levels for invading but the balance was quite broken. The real question is why did the franchise degrade from DaS2.

Sellsword twinblades, Friede's scythe.
Pope armor
Friede's WA+R1

Reminder that Strech Out is best gesture.

Too bad that Friede's scythe might aswell get renamed to, "please parry me".

agreed

Spears of the Church deserve to be ganked.

It was a cool idea when it was the Old Monk, but as it stand now this boss is just a hassle.
Would have been way cooler if it were a player controlled boss. I'm think an armor set or something of the sort and the summoned Spear takes control of it, that way it eliminates meta faggots.

People who follow the meta and don't just figure out neat builds for themselves are the biggest tryhard, insufferable faggots I ever see playing the game.
They're the same people who have turned it into normalfag shit.

I really like invading people and then just using chameleon to waste their time.

Not just the balance was broken, the entire PvP mechanics were broken.

Anybody that says DaS 1 has the best PvP, is very clearly mentally handicapped. They're either letting nostalgia cloud their judgement, or they never even properly played the PvP aspect of DaS 1.

there's literally nothing wrong with dark 1 pvp

nothing

Does anyone know if there's a mod to change the button prompts in the PC version from Xbox to Dualshock? I repurposed an old PS3 dualshock and it's confusing as hell.

Dark wood grain ring

Hi, Reddit.

Coming from a guy who makes up flaws, that holds no value. It must physically hurt being this wrong and stupid. Focus on mouth breathing instead of arguing. It's what you're better at.

God bless that ring. Completely turned the PvP from a strategic battle to a fucking circus going a hundred miles an hour. Many a day would I fuck kiddies up with that and silver knight spear or a Great Scythe while deprived. Even Giantdads were usually useless. The funny thing is that I rarely ever backstabbed. The jukes and dodges were just to quick for it to matter. And if they ever tried it on me I just got near a cliff. Half the time they'de just kill themselves by rolling off and the other half I'de do some wide attacks to break their poise and knock them off myself.

I wonder how much money Sony paid them to make it worth it to them. Or is it just weird Japanese debt shit?

Shame. If I had to go out on a whim, I'd wager an easy 20 mil was paid to FROM to develop Bloodborne, on top of all that they made from the sales.

That seems like it wouldn't be enough

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souls_(series)

DaS3 sells 3 mil in the first month alone, at 60 schmekels a pop that's 180 mil.

We have the Sonic cycle and the Zelda cycle; is this the Holla Forums cycle? I've seen this exact thing happen for like 10 games here. It happened to Undertale, it happened to Dark Souls (which Holla Forums generally loved until the second one came out), it happened for the first Uncharted back in the day.

Bullshit. Undertale happened to Undertale. Then furry waifu fags got involved and it was dead from there out. And the Zelda Cycle only exists in retards and 12 year old children who have only been around long enough for 2 releases.

Everyone loved Undertale until the fandom became cancerous
We had constant great threads about it for weeks after it came out
And the furry waifu fags were there since the demo came out, there's even a joke specifically about them in the game

Because Holla Forums is full of 3dg3lord teens who hate whatever the "normalfags" like. GOTTA BE SPECUL

What was so good about Tumblrtale? Looked like hipster pixel shit (worse than usual) furry crap

People liked the demo. And when the actual game came out there was a 2 weeks of anons who enjoyed the game and that's where it should have ended. Because nothing of value came from them after that. And people started to realize it was a highly disposable game that was pretty shit.

Did they also flood the general so fucking bad that the mods had to fucking remove them?

I want to do a fun PVP build but don't have any of the DLC so I usually head to the swamp forest(can't remember the amen of it right now) Before fighting the crystal sage, so preferably a build that can rek gankers since that's who I usually have the pleasure of invading.

I've hunted these niggers down with a greatsword build but I want to go a different route this time around.

Usually find myself in situations like this
I usually use the terrain to my advantage and lure them into inconvenient spots or areas where I can use mobs to divide and conquer but usually they just counter most of those tactics with that "meme of giants" item

It had your average feelshit which tends to appeal to a lot of people, even here
The whole meta thing was relatively fresh back when the demo came out, too
It also generated a lot of memes, in the original sense of the word, it had a lot of shit that stuck with people enough to create massive amounts of OC, which made the threads really fun

Well there was only goatmom in the demo
The full game brought with it a harem's worth of bitches, as well as massive mainstream popularity and all the porn that comes with that success
And there weren't general threads for the demo either
So no

I think my point is that Undertale being bad is why a good majority of Holla Forums hates it. The horrible fanbase is just the cherry on top.

What are you doing here, don't you have an ultragreatword to swing around with your girl friends in anor londo?

smug_animu_grill.png

So from what I understand, it wasn't a good game at all. It just provided the same role as "young adult novels" for people who find reading more than a paragraph to be taxing.

I don't have my image folder so I'm just copy/pasting from google image searches

It's more accurate to say everyone ignored undertale until it got cancerous. Don't mistake apathy for acceptance.

I actually got dark souls 3 today. Should I skip the second one and just play 3 after I'm done with DS1. I ask because I've heard that ds2 is shit.

2>3

2 isn't shit, but it's easy to see why a lot of people disliked it, especially coming from DaS 1, It's the odd one out. It plays different, it looks different, and no other game in the series even plays slightly similar to it.

SoTFS is the version you want to get if you're planning on playing it. It fixes a lot of issues that DaS 2 had.

Without going on a tangent here, I honestly think 2 is great. It's a solid entry in the series, and I have just as fond of memories playing it on release as I did playing DeS and DaS. It's just a shame that people still vehemently hate it, as if all the other games in the series are just absolutely perfect.

The consensus for DaSII I usually get is that it's a generally decent game but when compared to the other games it's abysmal. The other games aren't perfect but 1 may be as close as we're going to get. In a perfect world the franchise would end at DaS1 and move on to something different and original instead of milking the cow for all it's worth.

The first half of DS1 is good. Great, even. But take those fucking rose-tinted lenses off, m80. DS1 is coated in problems ranging from godawful boss and area design come lategame to a glitchy as fuck input stack that sometimes interprets "block" as "roll" to elemental weapons just being stupidly fucking broken for PvE.

You're missing my point fam. Even with the faults in 1 it's still miles ahead of 2 and half way there on 3.
Boss suffers from a few repeated and Bed of Chaos and partially Seath. I could throw out a dozen bosses that were complete fucking rash in 2 and a good amount in 3 as well. 1 suffers from a few bad bosses. The others suffer from many. Also the level design in 1 is brilliant. If there's anything DS1 did better by no comparison it was that. The Great Hallow alone is a fucking masterpiece and you probably wouldn't even find it on your first or even second playthrough.
You mean when you start mashing buttons and your character acts like somebody just started mashing buttons?
How does it interpret 2 completely seperate buttons differently. Explain what you're talking about better.
Elemental weapons are only effective in certain areas and against certain enemies. Most of the enemies in Cave of the Giants for example are weak to divine and vice versa in Anor Lando. When you do NG+ and more they become much more useful.
I played the first game for the first time back to back with 2. I don't have any bias. Just objective truth.

Maybe if you stopped playing before patch 1.05.

The only flaw so far that you can nail on DaS3 is the linearity.

Even magic is good now so DaS3 is objectively a better game than DaS1.

Holds no value my fucking ass.

The listed flaws include "harder ISN'T better", "muh enemies are so hard to fight, it's tedious!", "I suck at the game so I just lead enemies off cliff". These aren't flaws, you just suck at the game.

But the amount of good bosses in DaS1 can be counted with one hand.

DaS3 massively improves on the gameplay, grunts and bosses.

It's more interesting
That's about it

Magic is pretty much troll build at he moment with the homing balls and MLGS.

What the fuck are they doing?

If you buffer a roll after your current action, but your current action gets interrupted, such as by getting poisebroken or taking fall damage, there is a random chance that the next time you try to block, you will do a forwards roll instead of blocking. This is called the roll storage bug. There is a similar bug for items, but instead of simply storing the item use to be triggered when you try to block, it decides that you don't know what items are and you do the 'cannot use item' dance when you try to use an item you can use. The input stack is fucked.
Bullshit. The list of bosses that significantly resist a chaos weapon and don't have an instant kill starts and ends at Quelaag. Firesage demon, a demon that is on fire, lives in lava, and invented pyromancy, is WEAK to fire damage. Enemies with high fire resist that can't just be stunlocked due to jackshit poise is a null set. You can just grab a decent chaos weapon and dump into vit and end and completely faceroll the game. Trying to use a +15 and getting the stats for its damage is handicapping yourself.
The worst bosses in 2, like Prowling Magus & Groupies, are Pinwheel-tier instead of Bed of Chaos-tier.
okay, nice bait, you got me.

I'm looking up this roll storage bug and can't find it fucking anywhere. Besides this never occurring in the game for me you're going to have to post videos of it negatively effecting gameplay more than a few times in a single run next to inputs. I have a feeling that an issue like this can be prevented by just not stacking inputs and button mashing. I've been playing the game for years and I've never once had this happen to me. If it's a complaint it's a very cherry picking one or one that I genuinely never get and others apparently do.
Not bullshit. Look up enemies in each location of the game and you'll find that they have a weakness to certain elemental weapons. The Firesage Demon in amn unfortunate example however he's practically a mini boss and he has relatively low HP compared to most bosses so your complaint is there but again, incredibly nitpicky.
Good fucking luck doing that when you're out of humanity or are in an area where Chaos isn't quite as effective as lightning or Occult/Divine. Technically you can go through the entire game with just about any element as long as you trust in your moves well enough the difference in damage might not be worth using an alternate weapon. But again just by putting this much thought into the tactic you would want to use in a boss fight makes this is already have more depth and thought than 2 had in their bosses, so I'm only proving my point here.
Google vertical level design and understand why what you just said is retarded. There's 0 wrong with the great hallow. You're given a bonfire right at the top and there's dozens of ways to reach the bottom. It's also full of decent loot which rewards being fickle and judging your momentum and whether you should jump, roll or simply walk off edges. It's a classic moment of solid level design. If it's not your idea of fun you can get out.

Stay mad cretin. We've been over this already.

Dark Souls was always shit. Saying Holla Forums loves it because some election niggers from reddit migrated over here and shilled it for free doesn't means it's good.

oh yeah, just what i wanted even MORE sunbro shitters spamming these at me during a gank
i swear to god if i see one sunbro named guts in solaires armor with these things, i just might charlie hebdo the reddit front offices

If you can find me an input viewer I will do this. I've been meaning to make hundreds of videos covering all the really stupid input bugs dark souls 1 has but I need an input viewer to prove them.

As an example: You cannot roll while sprinting. You cannot roll while raising a shield and sprinting. You CAN roll while the shield is fully raised and sprinting, unless you get hit within a small window of you pressing roll at which point you will instantly cancel the blockstun into a jump.

Just google one. I think however if you need to find one that those bugs are actually just on your end. I can't find find a single gripe relating to the ones your giving me.

I already mentioned that enemies in different areas take more damage depending on where you are. The entire discussion about this started when you said that elemental weapons were OP. Now they're barely useful? compared to Chaos? And Chaos stacks with Humanity. So its cost is either PvP or farming humanity. Which is a fair trade because you don't actually get an infinite source of humanity until the Rats in the sewers which is a long tedious bore. The best area to farm them (being the DLC) is way late game. Which by then you should already have an effective method of dealing with baddies. And Chaos is actually less effectice against many enemies compared to other elements, and other weapons stack better damage depending on the element so again I don't know why you're saying that Chaos facerolls. Lightning will fucking tear up certain bosses and enemies much more than a Chaos weapon. And a +15 with a resin or enchantment will fuck up shit much more harder than a Chaos weapon. Stack that with Power Within or something and you're essentially a fucking glass cannon.

wew. all those people that will say

Them nostalgia glasses are the damnest thing. Dark Souls 3 may have its faults but the PVP is much improved, yes it castrates you if you wish to be a caster but its melee combat is the best in the series bar none. You actually have to use weapon movesets in combat as opposed to turtling with your shield up and sprint your opponents back the first time one of your swings. The best weapons in Dark Souls 3 are the ones that:
a. can combo
b. have a good moveset
c. have sufficient damage
Dark Souls 1 you could use any old weapon, slap a elemental infusion on it with a hornet ring and one shot people.

Dark Souls 1 was nothing but a latency infested back stab fest where you had to abuse the terrible netcode to learn the "parry timing" and "backstab timing". Half the time when you would get backstabbed the fucking guy would be in front of you but you would have to recognize that he was actually behind you. Also dear god the Havel moms and great shield turtlers, no stamina depletion punishes, no weapon arts, the infinite Diving Blessings fags, hornet ring fishers, the list goes on.
Man that webm really brought back bad memories, like Vietnam flash backs. I remember dying in an invasion that was like 45 minutes of the host summoing his shitter friends and eating Divines because I rolled off a cliff, I took my controller and threw it into the wall so hard that every piece of it seperated from its casing, there were buttons on my floor weeks after.

I absolutely love the Paired UGS, but I stopped using them after my 10th or so Spear fight where all I did was spam power attacks to combo people. It's a fun weapon for PvE, but my god this shit is more OP than Dark Bead was in PvP.

Whenever I get invaded, and I am using the PUGS, I'll switch to something else out of empathy. I've been combo'd myself a few times, so I know the frustration of going against these shitters. What's even worse is that arena fights are filled to the brim with PUGS users, and boy oh boy let me tell you, I sure do fucking love waiting 10 seconds for some nerd to finish spinning so I can deal 40% damage from a backstab.

If only something existed to let you power through attacks… Something related to armor heft…

>Invading as spirit of vengeance
Any other areas where this happens?

The idea of dual wielding ultra greatswords is just incredibly flawed to begin with, retarded moveset or not
The worst part is it makes the other way better weapons with combo moves look bad by association

Vordts Greathammer is a pretty good counter.
Easy as fuck too.

Its has frostbite and perseverance, with the weapon art up you can tank right through them, and if you time it right you can break their poise with a 2hr1.

Otherwise I just pull out a spear and abuse its range for Metashitter Sword users.

>>>/reddit/

Name them.
Give an example.

trash

Some weaker than others. And fire for the other. In fact here's a big list I got off a shitty forum.

Least defense against:
Asylum Demon - lightning
Bell Gargoyle - fire
Capra Demon - lightning
Ceaseless Discharge - magic
Centipede Demon - magic
Demon Firesage - lightning
Dragon Slayer Ornstein - magic
Dragon Slayer Ornstein (Large) - magic
Executioner Smough - fire
Executioner Smough (Lightning) - fire
4 kings - litghting
Gaping dragon - lightning
Nito - fire
Gwyn - fire
Iron Golem - lightning
Moonlight Butterfly - fire
Pinwheel - weak to dying
Priscilla the Crossbreed - lightning and fire
Quelaag - lightning
Seath - litghtning and fire
Sif - fire
Taurus demon - lightning

Most defense against:
Asylum Demon - fire
Bell Gargoyle - lightning
Capra Demon - fire
Ceaseless Discharge - IMMUNE to fire
Centipede Demon - IMMUNE to fire
Demon Firesage - fire
Dragon Slayer Ornstein - very strong against light
Dragon Slayer Ornstein (Large) - very strong against light
Executioner Smough - magic
Executioner Smough (Lightning) - strong against light
4 kings - magic
Gaping dragon - magic
Nito - lightning
Gwyn - very strong against light
Iron Golem - magic
Moonlight Butterfly - magic
Pinwheel - no strengths
Priscilla the Crossbreed - magic
Quelaag - immune to fire
Seath - strong against magic
Sif - magic and light
Taurus demon - fire

Look at the stats yo. There's tons of mixes and matches for weapons and their infusion damage. If you're a faggot min-maxer you can find which weapon will deal the best damage with a certain build.

I dont know what you two autists are fight about.
But for Dark Souls 1 I always made a Chaos Weapon and a Lightning weapon on my twink builds to get through the bosses.

Some bosses are resistant to Lightning, some are resistant to Fire. Use the proper infusion accordingly.

The argument was that certain infusions were useless against bosses in favor of Chaos. They clearly aren't.

both have instant kills, which is something i mentioned
The fuck? It completely tears them new assholes. Their elemental defenses must be so shit vs everything that it doesn't even matter.

but yeah like i said, chaos infusion facerolls the game with quelaag being a minor speedbump since nothing other than her has a strong resistance to it and no instant kill, while basically nothing has any real resistance to it. Trying to hit Ornstein with a lightning weapon will do fuck-all. He's borderline immune. Same for gwyn.

also

And?
We've been over this. A +15 weapon of any kind along with enchantments/resins can face roll the game. A fire and lightning weapon can faceroll the game. Big surprise that upgrading a weapon to it's highest possible level will fucking destroy a lot of enemies on your first run. Especially in earlier areas. And still. An infusion a boss/enemy is weak against will do more damage than Chaos if the enemy isn't weak against them. Enemies aren't inherently weak to Chaos so it doesn't deal as much damage. And as I said before, Chaos relies on humanity. Which has to be farmed unless you're going to abuse a glitch. Which only losers do. It's also not a part of the intended design so I don't know why you're arguing that it facerolls the game. If you abused a method to get it infinitely fine, but as I said chaos is just a generally strong element. But it's by no means the most damaging in every circumstance. Even against bosses you're better using what their weak against. If you prefer Chaos fine but your stance on it being a faceroll just isn't true when there's alternative and better methods.

Also I misread what you said as Anor Lando. My bad.

ONLY once you've invested 30+ levels into the weapon and/or another 30 in spellcasting, which is levels you won't have in vitality or endurance. This is the point I'm making. You'll only have so many levels in a single playthrough before you get bored of grinding, so why spend it all on increasing a +15 weapon's damage output when you achieve nearly the same damage output while lightrolling in giant's set with 50 vit? Gaining high damage output but being frail still presents a challenge: not getting hit. When you trade and win with bosses for the whole fight, there is no challenge.

Chaos weapons faceroll.

lmao bitch nigga i bet you whine about toggle escapes and dead angling too

Chaos has way higher damage output than basically any other infusion except +15 with scaling so no. Occult and divine suck ass, enchanted and magic are shit, lightning is slightly weaker than chaos but lightning resist is way higher overall, fire is just 'worse chaos.'

oh wait i'm arguing with an illiterate retard

You don't even fucking get the Chaos ember until after Anor Lando at the latest. Are you retarded or something? Chaos weapons are no more effective than anything else. Get over it kid.
How the fuck does boosting Vit do more damage? Giants set is solid but you lose fast rolling. Whether that's a bad or good thing is up to preference.
If you're trading damage with bosses you're either mid to late in the game or you've googled where everything would be in order to trade damage. That or you're fighting pinwheel.
I bet you're the kind of casual who edited their leveling back before it became obvious who did it. You can't argue that Chaos is a broken mechanic that the designers overlooked if all you do is glitch the items that make it effective into the game. If you wanna move goalposts and focus on me somehow being shit by not being retarded and treating a glitch as an intended feature then go right ahead.
How many times do I have to say that enemies and bosses have weaknesses outside of chaos? Weapons work better with different infusions and builds.
Git gud. They're god tier in Anor Lando and Cave of the Giants. Bosses are also weak against them but like I already said it depends on your build.
Unless of course you're a magic build. Then they're absolutely great.
Why the fuck do I bother posting if you're just going to forget what I said 2 posts back? Chaos is not a faceroll. Lightning deals more damage to certain enemies than others. As does lightning. When an enemy is weak to lightning they take more damage than chaos. And chaos relies on having humanity so if you're not prepared to spend 5 minutes popping 20 you're essentially fucked
Until enemies who are weak against fire are hit.

Also
You're really grabbing for straws here aren't you? I'm essentially done trying to teach retards who don't even play the games they try and debate. You clearly no nothing about how DS1 actually functions and need a good reminder. Your Vit dump method is fair but no more or less useful than other builds. What you're essentially bitching about is that you took every casual and exploitative tactic the game had to offer (some of which require google just to figure out, and others of which aren't even intended design feature because they're glitches) and think that this somehow makes the game bad or something. I genuinely don't understand this brand of autism. Your arguments have already been contradicted and you still think they're valid. Give up or actually argue the points with facts. Post stats and numbers or something proving your theory that Chaos weapons do more damage overall to most enemies in the game or fuck off. I can do more damage with Lightning than Chaos if my build is just right. And I don't need an excess of humanity to do it.

Jesus christ if this boss fight against Friede and Ariandel wasn't so cool I'd be shitting all over the walls it's so infuriating.

alright actually fuck this

Are YOU? You get it immediately after Quelaag. You can stunlock her with headshots then instant kill ceaseless. Have you even played this game? You don't need the orange charred ring.
so i take it you've never used or seen someone use a chaos weapon build, let me give you a few samples
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/296467
mmdks.com/75g4
orrrrr you have a shitload of armor and health because that's what you invested in via chaos weapon
The first time I used a chaos weapon I lost my ten humanity bloodstain exactly once. It was in the demon ruins after firesage. Lost his boss souls, too. It's not hard to keep your humanity.
How many times do I have to point out that Chaos has higher AR than other elemental infusions, dipshit
No, they are not. The 10% damage increase from their modifiers does not outperform chaos's higher AR.
No, they are not. If you're an int build, you're crippling your damage output if you're not using a moonlight weapon or slapping a buff on a +15 weapon. Enchanted is solid if you're tumblebuffing it, though.
CHAOS HAS HIGHER AR THAN LIGHTNING AND FEWER THINGS RESIST FIRE DAMAGE THAN LIGHTNING DAMAGE.
Nigga, what? +5 chaos deals both more physical AND more fire damage than the +10 fire version of that damage. Fire is a lower AR version of chaos. It is strictly worse in every circumstance provided you have 10 or more humanity.

LIGHTNING FALCHION+5: 205 LIGHTNING AR, 205 PHYSICAL AR
CHAOS FALCHION+5: 200 FIRE AR, 227 PHYSICAL AR
FIRE FALCHION+10: 196 FIRE AR, 196 PHYSICAL AR

GUESS WHICH ONE HITS HARDEST

HINT: THE ONE WITH THE BIGGEST NUMBERS

THIS PATTERN FOLLOWS FOR EVERY SINGLE WEAPON YOU CAN INFUSE

Yeah that was pretty much my reaction. The first two phases are more tedious than difficult so it takes forever to get to the third phase.

Yeah but the first two phases are pretty much a joke, the fight only has any real challenge during the third phase.