CIA Chief Not Pleased That Incoming President Likened the CIA to Nazis

It’s not clear who leaked word of these salacious allegations. The dossier that BuzzFeed published had been commissioned by Trump’s opponents during the 2016 campaign, and had been circulating among journalists and political operatives — as well as intelligence officials — for months. It is possible that CNN would have needed an intelligence-community source to report that our spy agencies had briefed Trump on the dossier. But the list of people who could have sent the documents themselves to BuzzFeed extends well into the private sector.

Nonetheless, Donald Trump decided to pin the blame on the intelligence agencies he will soon rely upon — and in the most incendiary possible terms.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?
4:48 AM - 11 Jan 2017
32,040 32,040 Retweets 109,146 109,146 likes
These remarks did not endear the president-elect to outgoing CIA director John Brennan.

And in an interview with Fox News Sunday, Brennan did not mince words when assessing the incoming president’s command of geopolitics.

“I don’t think he has a full understanding of Russian capabilities and the actions they are taking on the world,” the CIA director said. “Mr. Trump has to understand that absolving Russia is a road that he needs to be very, very careful about moving down.”

Brennan also decried Trump’s assumption that the intelligence community was “leaking or releasing this information,” arguing that it had been “circulating for many months,” and thus, “was already out there.”

Trump responded by observing that several bad things happened in the world while Brennan was running the CIA — and that this (somehow) amounted to evidence that Brennan was the mystery leaker.

.@FoxNews "Outgoing CIA Chief, John Brennan, blasts Pres-Elect Trump on Russia threat. Does not fully understand." Oh really, couldn't do…
4:16 PM - 15 Jan 2017
11,223 11,223 Retweets 42,299 42,299 likes

much worse - just look at Syria (red line), Crimea, Ukraine and the build-up of Russian nukes. Not good! Was this the leaker of Fake News?
4:29 PM - 15 Jan 2017
13,793 13,793 Retweets 55,381 55,381 likes
The CIA director then turned his indignation up to 11, in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

“Tell the families of those 117 CIA officers who are forever memorialized on our wall of honor that their loved ones who gave their lives were akin to Nazis,” Brennan said, referring to Trump’s days-old tweet. “Tell the CIA officers who are serving in harm’s way right now and their families who are worried about them that they are akin to Nazi Germany. I found that to be very repugnant, and I will forever stand up for the integrity and patriotism of my officers who have done much over the years to sacrifice for their fellow citizens.”

This is all remarkable for a number of reasons. Most obviously, the outgoing CIA director and incoming president are publicly describing each other as repugnant and incompetent, on the one hand, and ineffectual and Nazi-esque, on the other. While Trump won’t need to rely on Brennan in the coming years, he’ll presumably need to rely on some of the old director’s loyalists. That Trump is choosing to further heighten tensions with the CIA, days before he takes office, seems inauspicious — both for his relationship with the intelligence community, and for the prospects of the next commander-in-chief responding rationally to attacks on his ego.

But Trump isn’t the only one who made some curious remarks during this exchange. Brennan claims that the information in the dossier was “already out there,” and so there’s no reason to suspect the intelligence community was involved in its publication. But as Marcy Wheeler notes, the last report in the dossier is dated December 13, 2016 — many months after the FBI first got wind of the documents. Which is to say: The iteration of the dossier that leaked was a newly updated one, a fact that shrinks the pool of people who could have leaked it.

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-jordan-shooting-idUSKBN12Z1LD?il=0
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/army-special-forces-soldiers-killed-in-jordan-were-working-for-the-cia/2016/11/11/8c6b53de-7b66-40ed-9077-bf954070f2be_story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=o2GjY8DN-7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is how you know they are in war mode, that is the most retarded thing i've read, he's literally paraphrasing Kurt Eichenwald the guy they pay to push their propaganda.

Leaking to destroy the crazy guy who doesn't want to go ahead with whatever schemes they have cooked up under Obama and are trying to salvage their pride. So now muh dead agents, nobody gives a fuck about dead CIA agents, they are spooks.

I wish they were nazis so the red army would roll in and kill them all.

Especially when they keep getting kilt in stupid ways.

Three U.S. military trainers were shot dead in Jordan on Friday when their car failed to stop at the gate of a military base and was fired on by Jordanian security forces, a Jordanian military source said.

reuters.com/article/us-jordan-shooting-idUSKBN12Z1LD?il=0
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/army-special-forces-soldiers-killed-in-jordan-were-working-for-the-cia/2016/11/11/8c6b53de-7b66-40ed-9077-bf954070f2be_story.html

The CIA is now the muh troops of the last decade. The ride keeps getting better.

The CIA never met a fascist group it didn't help overthrow the government, how the hell are they not nazis?

Let's be honest; it's been thoroughly infiltrated by the far right since 1945 if not sooner.

I am almost 100% sure this "confrontation" between Trump and the intelligence agencies is an act

I mean this isn't how any of this policy works at all

This is fucking theatrics to make it seem like Trump is an outsider, and that everything he does is evil, while doing everything the Executive Branch orders anyways. It's creating a false dichotomy in the minds of the public that further puts trust into the intelligence agencies, painting them as a patriotic underdog, while they're on the same fucking side and there's not much to do besides keep the bottom line going

I have seen better acting from fucking Stephen Baldwin.

Ehhh the CIA has always operated on the enemy of my enemy principle. I think the word gets thrown around far too often. They can be scum without being literal fascists. With that said they were funding fascist orgs under Operation Gladio and similar shit like that.

I mean, I see what you're saying but I really think that's giving the orange cheeto too much intellectual credit.

Who said it was Trump? I'm sure it's the intelligence agencies prepping for a President with a horrible approval rating they want to answer to, but not publicly.

It sounds conspiratard, but this is the CIA we're talking about.

fair enough

is he /ourguy/?

MY GRANDPAPY CAME TO AMERICA WITH NOTHING BUT A HUGO BOSS JACKET ON HIS BACK AND A FREE JOB WORKING WITH THE CIA

reminder that the CIA wouldn't exist without help from the nazis

He is the fusion between the entertainment industry giving the world population a collective tv show to watch, double standards, hypocrisy, and card dealing from the intel agencies he's going to be working with, all the while they act like he's the devil and are more covert then ever

In other words no the future is getting worse, and it would have been hardly different under Clinton.

The future is fucked for the rest of our lives, it'll get worse and more faux each election cycle. Game over man, game over, etc.

But seriously, brennan is a massive butthurt fagola, just like the rest of the establishment.

You also feel in the pit of your stomach some odd feeling like trumps win was some sort of behind the scenes power struggle between unknown groups

Makes me wonder if their behind the SJWs and the Alt-right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=o2GjY8DN-7I

They probably funded post modernist garbage for 60 years. The alt-right is probably a JDF gone wrong