On a scale of 1 to Mass Effect Andromeda, how shit is this likely to be?

On a scale of 1 to Mass Effect Andromeda, how shit is this likely to be?

The fact that you're able to sequence break out of the intended demo area seems a little promising, but it's definitely not going to be a day 1 buy after how Dishonored 2 turned out.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/598199244885640951/
archive.fo/RC04u
archive.fo/5szOL
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It will surpass Mass Effect Andromeda. At least ME:A brought us memes, Prey is going to be nothing.

Fucking kill me Holla Forums just fucking kill me.

Probably going to be the same level of shit as Dishonored 2.

Be happy to. Where you live?

The same studio brought us Dishonored 2, which was fucking shit in so many ways and was rushed, Prey is gonna be the same, also, NEVER EVER!

It would have too good for sinful earth.

Yup, it's shit. Expect daily shill threads about it.

There was already a shill who spammed ">5 more days" on Sunday and that's it, this reboot is so forgettable I didn't remember it until those threads, it looks like Bioshock in System Shock's skin and is even based a little off of SS3.

Don't associate Maestro with this travesty.

Already out for those pre-order goys and stream whores, it's being labeled as "Bio/System Shock in Space" with art deco design, and good news! you can choose the gender of your player character!

Not on my watch

You have to ask?

anyone got the webm of the "tutorial" where you're in some test chamber and the scientist is just calling you a retard?

You no like?

god this just looks retarded.

Are you kidding? I fucking love it!

I hope every game that comes out from now on has nothing to do with the previous ones in the series and reuse the same name. I want $60… no $80 pre-orders and fifty different day one DLC packs. I want to download no less than three different DRM programs and have to present my birth certificate to a notary public before logging on.

I want it all. More micro transactions, more half-baked content, more glitches, more fucking more. DO IT MOTHERFUCKERS! GIVE ME THE INCENTIVE I NEED TO FINALLY KILL MYSELF!

YOU'LL LOVE E3

The more I look at the more confusing it gets.

Because it looks out of place for a "mature" single-player game getting something as tacky as a pre-order bonus.

bazinga

the helmet looks neat but the suit doesn't match it at all. It needs to be chunkier.

Yes, but what about loot crates?

Maybe someone will leak the ending and we'll have another salt party on our hands. That's not likely now, as there's Scarecrow is gonna make sure nothing like that happens again.

Heh?

literally no one cares about this game. if it even sells 100k units I'll be surprised.

But System Shock is already System Shock in space.

The story is going to be complete dogshit, no doubt about that. Unless there's some other major player besides the shadow monsters and Ebul Space Corporation, it's either going to retread Aliens or play "the monsters are people" card. Being able to fuck around with the glue gun looks alright, but I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed that with having an open space with a tunnel to the next cutscene.

All in all if it turns out like Bioshock, I might pirate it for quick fuck about. I'm still pissed off this isn't Duane Chapman in space.

scarecrow was some guy on the steam forums during the salt parties.

He can't stop the shit happening on youtube and everywhere else.

I'm so glad I didn't miss this like I did for all the other interesting threads.

On top of it looking just fucking weird (Has a whiff of No Man's Sky design) and not even vaguely connected to anything what's truly depressing is that this shit, unlocking codes for items that anyone could exploit out of the game with cheat-engine or the like, is supposed to be incentive to pre-order this non-entity title. 'Pre-order' doesn't make any sense anymore as a concept what with there being no possibility of shortage, not that there ever was with physical either.

Cosmonaut Shotgun sounds like a shitty indie band, also the last handheld weapon you'd want to use in a spaceship is a shotgun as you're as much danger to yourself as anyone/thing else.

All of those items are shit and will be picked up within 10 minutes of the start, anyone paying for this deserves to be fleeced.

We'll find a way.

I'd figure a shotgun would be great for space combat if you use buckshot.

Yes we will.

Spore

Not worth the bother, nuprey isn't anywhere as popular with normal fags as the nu fallouts were.

If whatever you're fighting is a gooey mass then you may have a point but what if space marines with metal plated fused into their skin come at you? Buckshot'll just scuff their paintwork.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Systems-heavy, choice-and-consequence heavy, RPG-influenced FPS like Deus Ex and System Shock are one of the best kinds of games out there, and far too few are made, probably because most people can't cognitively handle playing them.

It's much easier to make a dumb FPS that's simple and easy to understand, like the original Prey.

Just that alone is enough to pique my interest, but the fact that it is more mechanically complex than the BioShock titles, as proven by the demo, is pretty nuts considering that most publishers wouldn't even bother publishing BioShock today.

Of course, none of that says much about whether or not the full game will be good. The plot could fall apart , the later levels could suck, the powers could be way overpowered, etc.

But the mere fact that the attempt was made at a proper System Shock style game that isn't dumbed down to hell and back with decent production value is prettty damn noteworthy to me. If people here want to ignore all this in favor of writing the entire thing off just because you get a shotgun skin if you preorder, that seems kind of silly to me.

lol fag

That helmet…

Didn't know that Prey was a sequel to No Man's Sky

Its not that it looks shit in the genuinely bad sense, but more in the fact that its doing nothing that we havent seen before and the fact that Prey 2 died because of FUCKING BETHESDA

Now, now, it only died because it didn't meet bethesda's high quality bar.

I thought the first one was bretty good. Funny how Prey has a Native American protagonist in it. But didn't get to have a continuation in his story. Tommy being brought up on a reservation, only to be tired of it, once hes older. Dreams of escaping what is his Native American engine culture. Doesn't believe in all his grandpa's bullshit engine stories. That being human spirituality side of life. He thinks the old ways is all bullshit. But as the story progresses he learns of his ancestors ways to beat a massive, parasitic, organism like death star, completely made from the flesh of other alien civilizations, and now human being's. Hes kinda like Turok, another character I enjoy.Though i'm not into having token like characters put into a video game for racial representation reasons, because of the current trend. It pisses me off because Tommy was actually a pretty decent Protagonist, he was a real character.Pisses me off even more that Prey 2 will never be a thing.

I like the SJWs celebrating because the protag for Prey 2017 was asian only to get slapped in the face with the fact the first Prey had a Native protagonist and natives are higher on the progressive stack

It's going to be dog shit

I've played video games for over 3 decades and you develop a sixth sense just by watching how a game moves and sounds that it is going to be terrible, and this game sets off all those warning signs

-Shallow characters
-Combat is sluggish
-Hiding enemy AI doesn't even hide, if you enter an area and just stand in place for 5-10 seconds they'll activate and move so you can take them down which takes away the whole fear element just based on bad AI routines
-Weapons feel hollow and don't have any weight
-Protag is likely a mimic but far higher on the food chain, yet still retains a human biology of some kind, and the reason every day his eye is redder and redder is because every day they erase his memory with that needle gun thing that gives you upgrades can also be used to erase memories
-Story is doing endless Murphy's Law bullshit in whenever you think something will be revealed, something happens to snatch it away which means there is not much story to begin with
-World feels too clean yet tries to make itself feel gritty with tons of dark lighting when it's been proven with astronauts being in a dark room in the blackness of space causes extreme psychosis, which means for the game to be this dark everyone on the station would have had to have gone insane
-Game extremely limits your ability to explore by making things such as ammo for your foam gun scarce meaning you can only explore based on your supply of it, stuff like space walking sends you out in a space suit with a thimble of air so you can't look around
-Enemies are boring as fuck, so far only 4 shown and they're all just bigger variations on "Black spooky thing"

And on,and on, and on

It gets even sillier when you realize that by fighting interstellar aliens, characters like Tommy and all of Turok's protags were defending not just their rightful clay, but all the clay that exists on Earth.

I think it looks pretty cool. It's basically a System Shock reboot. I just wish they weren't calling it Prey. But other than that, who cares? Arkane hasn't made a bad game yet though they've made mediocre ones.

The game has flushable toilets thats a mark of quality.

Dishonored 1 and 2

Yes, they were the mediocre ones. Didn't live up to what they could have been, but still decent games.

Great the site is shitting itself again.

Nah, they were the bad ones.

Honestly if someone just made a collage video of every first-person game to come out in the last 10 years I don't think the footage would be all that dissonant. This shit looks like it was canned in a factory.

I'm seeing right now a gameplay of it and holy fuck, it looks like a source game hell even one of the enemies eve looks like the headcrab from Half-life

Kill a nigger on your way out.

played the demo. i was so underwhelmed, that i lost all will to continue playing after maybe half an hour.
combat feels unbelievably weak and has no impact at all, characters look like comical caricatures, like a cross between bioshock infinite and shrek, overall design looks uninspired and bland as fuck - it seems extremely superficial and even detracts from any immersion. remember walking the station in alien isolation? this is the opposite kind of feel. the crab goo aliens arent scary or interesting - if my initial reaction to the first encounter is nothing at all, theres something wrong. they 'spawn from objects', feeling kinda random, so i can already imagine being annoyed if i had to endure this for a whole game - this is not how you set up exciting encounters. holy shit, the entire thing was so fucking bland, i couldnt believe it at first. it lacks any character or soul whatsoever. this is especially jarring since the setup itself was interesting. they will lose a lot of preorders over this. i'd pay 10€ tops for this and only if i had nothing else to play.
try out the demo and get your mind blown.

also theres encounter music that is LOUD AS FUCK and has problems stopping or blending out. you would have to rate stmosphere on a negative scale to rate it. it is that bad. i can't remember getting the last time being so caught off guard by the initial impressions of a bad game. FUCK.

i had no expectations and am still unbelievably disappointed. i feel empty

Why did they make the main character a chink? You'd think Native American was special snowflake enough.

played the demo. i was so underwhelmed, that i lost all will to continue playing after maybe half an hour.
combat feels unbelievably weak and has no impact at all, characters look like comical caricatures, like a cross between bioshock infinite and shrek, overall design looks uninspired and bland as fuck - it seems extremely superficial and even detracts from any immersion. remember walking the station in alien isolation? this is the opposite kind of feel. the crab goo aliens arent scary or interesting - if my initial reaction to the first encounter is nothing at all, theres something wrong. they 'spawn from objects', feeling kinda random, so i can already imagine being annoyed if i had to endure this for a whole game - this is not how you set up exciting encounters. holy shit, the entire thing was so fucking bland, i couldnt believe it at first. it lacks any character or soul whatsoever. this is especially jarring since the setup itself was interesting. they will lose a lot of preorders over this. i'd pay 10€ tops for this and only if i had nothing else to play.
try out the demo and get your mind blown.

also theres encounter music that is LOUD AS FUCK and has problems stopping or blending out. you would have to rate stmosphere on a negative scale to rate it. it is that bad. i can't remember getting the last time being so caught off guard by the initial impressions of a bad game. FUCK.

i had no expectations and am still unbelievably disappointed. i feel empty

It looks like they just made the aliens the Thing without using that name but they end up like the black blobs of The Bureau: x-Com Declassified. Hopefully there isn't going to be a bloodtest mechanic or it will really turn out like The Thing videogame.

Review out lads.

True heroes

Here's the webm for future use and enjoyment

Holy fuck

Shill pls.

Nice try

I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist and replay the original.

This has to be bait or made by some faggots at Kotaku

So is this game just some generic Bioshock clone?

it might be a joke picture too……. but don't be surprised if in the next kotaku clickbait article has that picture in it.

Leftists can't into sockpuppets.

It's pretty obviously some anons fucking around.

Tommy is a pretty cool character actually. Yeah.

It's a satirical edit. The actual extent of the sockpuppetry was not that severe, but it was still occurring.

I fear a lot of idiots are spreading that image around as though that really WAS the extent of it though. It reminds me of that video where a guy makes a fake black science man quote or something it is goes viral because idiots keep spamming it everywhere.

Reddit for Sale?

I got it and played about an hour in.

It's okay, actually potentially the system shock sequel we've wanted for so long.

Substantially. You just have to manually turn off motion blur in order to get a decent framerate.

It's on par with Bioshock. It also uses Bioshock's method of picking up ammunition lying on the ground.

Yes. Very much yes. After you get a bit further in the game, the survival aspect kicks in.

>Is it fun?
I like the atmosphere and the gameplay so far.

>Is it scary?
No, but the mimics can startle the fuck out of you.

I found some beta footage of the canned multiplayer mode. :^)

96% steam score

So what is even the story when it's not "Bounty hunting in space" anymore?
Art direction looks like ass.

I've played it.
Sure, I'm pissed off about Prey 2, and Bethesda and Zenimax's treatment of Human Head, and it breaks my heart we'll never get the amazing game we saw demos for a few years back.
But this isn't horrible. It reminds me so much of System Shock 2, even without all of the completely on the nose references. Like the Looking Glass server, the Psi mechanics and hypos, along with the whole hivemind attacking the crew of a space station. It genuinely plays like System Shock. I will be picking it up because;

- The level design isn't complete shit.
- The enemies are fairly interesting, mechanically at least.
- The upgrade system seems interesting.
- Chris Avellone wrote it.
- I have wanted System Shock 3 since before most people on this board started playing video games.

System Shock 2 without a rogue AI.
Agreed.

Just your standard "stuck in space, meet aliens" scifi stuff. Nothing groundbreaking.

Actually, I was more offended by the space cowboy concept. It's really ridiculous. And the fact that we haven't even got enough good spaghetti western games but those faggots already wanted to waste the concept on a completely unrelated game instead of adding something to the true western genre really hurt my heart. I'm a huge fan of 60s and 70s spaghetti westerns. Django, Ringo, The Great Silence, Keoma, Johny Oro, even the obscure ones such as Long Days of Vengeance. Prey 2 was such an insulting mockery on the genre, on par with quentin cuckoldino and that shitty mcfarlane flick no one remembers. I'm grateful that the shitty Prey 2 was canceled, absolutely grateful.

I don't really want it to be like System Shock 2.
SS2 was kinda ass imo, coming off the back of recently finishing System Shock as well.
I got to around just after the Shodan reveal before the tedious combat combined with stupid enemy spawns made me drop the game.
Although I did decide investing points into cyber and hacking was a good idea expecting cyberspace and hacking to play large roles in the game from the idea of the first game that you were a hacker and perhaps they'd want to continue that theme in the second game, not knowing that they were both junk stats, which meant I was playing catch up with stat points up until hydroponics.
Maybe I'll pick it up again and just sleepwalk my way through the game as an all-powerful psi master, or not.
The disappointment in SS2 still feels a little too strong.

That segment in prey is so well done. The only fault is you can't really do anything.

I was interested in it in regards to its mechanics, but praising the cancellation of it. That's a shitty thing, brother. This isn't Holla Forums, there was a game underneath, from what we saw, a mechanically rich and unique game. Something this industry surely needed.

Morons like you are what is killing games.

OH, FUN FACT FOR YOU; CUNT. I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON A WILD-WEST GAME SET IN A MODERN DAY CITYSCAPE. I HOPE YOU FUCKING HATE IT. KILL YOURSELF.

And this, this is what Bethesda decided to do with Prey 2?
I hope they go bankrupt.

Yes, I will hate it, you fag.

Reminder that this guy thought Automata was complete shit because he didn't want to use a controller because muh PC mustard race.

..is that even possible?

The fuck are you talking about?

I don't know about that review, but for me automata was shit because it was a weebshit game with your typical frame lag combat, silly looking enemies, atrocious writing, and autistic characters. There's nothing wrong with being subjective, no one wants your gamer cred.

Are you retarded?

Must be, I can't tell heads or tales from your post.
Are you saying that it was supposed to be a space spaghetti western and you hate it for being set in space?
That sounds too retarded to be true, so I must be retarded.

none of which he brought up.
just
"I can't play with my mouse and keyboard so it's dogshit"
only the most articulate of presentations that really cements him in the hall of fame of autistic video reviewers

I hate absolutely hate the theme. They could've made a legit spaghetti western, but they chose to screw up. We've already got a million space games out there with plasma guns and cheeky aliens and all those pathetic star wars and startrek ripoff bullshits, no one cares about your autistic space gayboys.

I want a well written game with well thought aesthetics and well designed gameplay. Prey 2 looked like an insult to both originality and my passion.

So what? Some people can't play with controllers. Me included, I didn't grow up with consoles, neither did Mack. My fingers feel much more stiff and awkward when holding a controller. Naturally, him and I really loathe controllers.

Never mind the fact that there's hardly any fucking bounty hunter game of the same type, and even less in a cyberpunk scenario at least, not any new games that I don't already know and have played before.
Why call it Prey at that point?

If you can't adapt for what a game requires, why do you play games? Did you ever use a Joystick or are you too young to have needed to use them?
:^)

Jesus fucking christ, that wasn't a review that was a fanboy of a genre he hasn't seen in ages gushing over a forgotten genre

I love me some River City Ransom, but RCR Underground is not a well designed game and I can make the emotional disconnect so my love for one game doesn't cloud the review of the next one

did anyone screencap the post I made like 3 months ago saying the (((Zenimax))) PR bots would be out yet again shilling this shit.

And they'll be shilling for Quake as well despite the fact that Quake was already confirmed micro transaction laden faggotry.

Don't give any shekels to Altman.

You're not making any fucking sense

There is games where the gradual movement or variances of movement is vastly required which can't be done with a mouse and keyboard because they're either all on or all off

Take say Metal Gear Solid 2 where the game has nearly hundreds of controls mapped to the varying pressure sensitive buttons, or Metal Gear Rising where you need to change directions that you can't do with an 8 way direction that keyboards only let you do

Or a driving game where subtle variances in turning/acceleration so you don't crash your car

There is games that require different controls, and for him to refuse to use a controller for a game that is very much built around it he's a complete fucking idiot

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. I can name like a million more.

Go buy mass effect andromeda and shut up.

Because it sounds cool? Don't know don't care.

I do whatever I want. I've never had a console in my life and I'm 22 years old.

shill, just pirate the fucking thing. All you're doing is funding their marketing and lawsuits.

Star Wars 1-3 are vastly removed from the story of 4-6 and they in turn are vastly removed from 7-9, and you can apply the same thing to Star Trek etc

Prey 2 was about one of the humans who was kidnapped in Prey 1 who got free and to survive became the best bounty hunter in the universe, it's called Prey 2 because it's a continuation in the universe that Prey 1 established, and Prey 2 was going to further deepen the story in that universe

You know, like Star Wars and Star Trek does by having multi-episodic content

>cyberpunk space bountyhunting
shiggy
That would explain it, was your first website you browsed Reddit?

I play racing games with wasd and numpad just fine. I only do what I'm comfortable with, especially when it comes to shallow entertainment such as playing video games. I'm not speaking for all gamers or game mechanics, I'm speaking for myself.

tips fedora
le upboat fellow supreme gentleman
Here's a complementary Holla Forums gold membership png.
On the house.

So you limit yourself because rather than adapt you just stick with what is comfortable

I already feel too old for this site.

Um, yes I do? It's not like I want to play ALL video games. Console games are all horrible anyway.

Double Andromeda - just as shitty but less hilarious.

patrician animation

Zenimax Media Inc. wearing Arkane's skin as tattered rags don't count

olo

This is literally just fucking Bioshock in space. You're a human experiment making your way alone though a recently devastated technological utopia set in the middle of nowhere while other people whisper in your ear over the radio and as you progress through the game you use a set of upgradeable, weapons and abilities (that can be replenished at vending machines) to blast your way through hordes of humanoid enemies and larger humanoid mini-bosses via one of several gameplay styles while balancing retaining your humanity at the cost of potential weakness versus trading your humanity for more and better powers. Even the weapons are basically just palette swaps.

They're ripping off Bioshock so hard that 2K could probably sue them over this game and win, and I'm being dead serious about that. What the fuck were they thinking?

This board is far gone

Disgusting

Opinion discarded.
Fuck off goon.

Prey was Doom 3 with Indians, Doom 3 was trying to be system shock, so let's just make Prey system shock?
Also
wew user way to look like a faggot
Still it's a damn shame Prey's name is getting abused for the same of recognition even if I thought the original was shit.

SS2 was marginally better than the first Bioshock and both SS1 and SS2 are largely responsible for all of the rote, god-awful first person shooter/exploration games we have in this day and age and consequentially THEIR offspring to boot. I'd blame Ultima Underworld and Arena as well but they at least had the decency to stick to fantasy instead of bringing their inane bullshit into something more palatable to the masses. All of those shitty "large-map-FPS-with-RPG-elements" games that everyone here by and large hates stem DIRECTLY from SS1 and SS2 mashing up nonlinear first-person action with RPG elements in a SF or contemporary setting. It was bound to happen sooner or later, of course, but that does not render them guiltless.

So is the game actually good? Steam reviews are a terrible basis for calling a game good or bad, but some Holla Forums anons like to use it. Have any Holla Forums anons actually played it at all?

We sure are reaching new heights in plebbery.

Also someone explain to me why that shitty bounty hunter Prey got retards so excited. Prey 1 was rather mediocre, and Prey 2 looked to be nothing special. Quite happy we got this instead, looks a lot fucking better.

its literally the worst game ever made.

Prey 2 had a way cooler setup, but if we're judging games purely on the designs of their protagonists, I'll have to take the new one. Though this is kind of like judging a tallest dwarf competition.

Just watch gameplay/reviews on Youtube honestly (mostly so you can see for yourself), I wanted to know as well but the Prey2fags are so rabid there's no way to get a decent answer. They've been going at it for weeks, spraying their butthurt all over the threads.

Alternatively do what the devs suggested and buy it then refund as a demo, that's what I intend to do later today.

Except that violates the steam TOS and Steam themselves had to step in and say don't do that and steam can refuse to give you a refund

And the devs know this, they're just trying to sneak in sales that people can't refund

Gee, I wonder which one is a more entertaining game.

WAB isn't for legitimate critique and reviews. He's just an old school PC gamer that usually shits on the new AAA release.

I wrote him off as a serious voice when he hates BamHam for being too easy but then shits on DSIII for being too hard and not allowing decent KB+M controls, yet played Arkham Knight with a controller.

Bethesda viral marketing department, plz go away.

Steam by default grants the refund under 2 hours. Cool your asshurt, it won't get you Prey 2.

Yeah because there aren't a tonne of those around which turn out shit, right? We saw fucking nothing of it and knew nothing, you're just basing yourself early info which never ends up being the final product. You're getting hyped over 2005 Spore when you'd have gotten Final Spore.

plying an Asian woman >playing as a native American male.
Women are always higher on the progressive stack than a straight cis male.

steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/598199244885640951/

You were saying buttercup?

Dishonored 1 was fine if you approached it expecting Victorian Bioshock instead of a Thief game. 2 was shit though.

Pick one. Steam isn't going to do shit if you buy and refund Prey unless you've done that several times in the past month.

mfw the OP of the post doesn't even show any proof. mfw you actually listen and follow steam discussions seriously. Haha holy shit are you stupid or something?

Where the fuck were you when Dishonored 2 came out?

Spoilers, everything was a test.

False.
Dishonored 2 was another team, the Prey team is the same as Dishonored 1 and Dark Messiah, I'm not defending this game i any way, but at least try to get your facts straight.

Worth a buy? Or worth a bung? These comments are from the first time he did a paid video. Been waiting ages for a chance to post this.

Reminder that his wife divorced him and took the kid away, is now sucking him dry with alimony and he lost his shit on a Christmas video and dropped spaghetti everywhere.

piss off

Half life 2 is fucking shit, when i see someone saying thats what good PC games feel like while playing a game that obvioously feels console-ish exactly Bioshock. I cant take that man seriously.

Now, the weebtards mad because he shat on Nier, almost makes me like the dude.

Seriously?

Lets be real, the concept was cool but the execution would be bad. Regen health, hit markers, XP, arrow telling you where to go, press a button to parkour.

the synopsis is on wikipedia already
you are an ayy, you can kill the other ayys or nuke the space station

you know let's be honest, as edgy as all that is it's not like any of them are wrong

REMINDER: Bethesdas original Prey 2 was never meant to be released, it was a scam to outsource it but force the devs into a situation where they shut down and the assetts defaulted to Bethesda to shit out a horror game, they killed a studio for free assetts

I bet you it's a bunch of Holla Forums cucks thinking they're being smart by ironically shitposting.

bethesda shills are real, remember there are cucks all the way back to 4/v/ before it went completely to shit making fucking skyrim dairies saying it was "literally infinite quests".

If they arent paid marketers they are fucking retards.

This is a common practice with them. They successfully did the same with Arkane and attempted it with Obsidian.

He shit on MGSV because he got shit ratings when he played the game like a run and gun TPS and bitched and moaned as to why he had to play the stealth game as a stealth game to get good ratings.

and the fact that he couldn't even get good ratings while running and gunning means he just fucking sucks at the game

Even more hilarious is that you can get great ratings by going run and gun lethal as long you are fast enough, do enough of the side objectives, so it just means he was just fucking shit.

JUST
But that does explain it.

A video?

To be fair, he had other gripes with the game.

His Dark Souls critique is just twenty minutes of dancing around the fact he was bad at it. Port issues and KB+M issues aside, he had nothing else to say.

I was wondering when someone would throw out the shitty Holla Forums meme. You should do everyone on Holla Forums a favor and kill yourself so you don't spread the worst meme in recent months.

Funny how shills are viciously attacking the original Prey everywhere I look. They seem completely oblivious to how much this audience hates reboots, let alone IP hijacks. Then again, it seems all Arkane related discussions are populated strictly by marketers, so that's to be expected.

if you want to develop cancer, go to this thread in Prey general discussions.

Technical or gameplay wise?
Because Dishonored 2 was and still seems to be a mess for many rigs.
Then again the person responsible for Story and gameplay is the same that brought us the original DeusEx and Thief
Like always, expect the worst and hope for the best

Truly he is right.

I don't give a fuck about Human Head Studios and will just judge the game for its qualities.

It's a decent Bioshock clone. And you are pathetic for pretending Prey had any value: it was a copycat of Doom 3 when everyone was already over it, and the indian stuff was retarded and not fun.

Repeat, fuck your feelings about Bethesda's rape of your little friends.

so do we have porn of the goo ayys yet?

Yasss, keep telling me how bad your favorite studio was raped into the ground. MMMMH.

how can I be a shill if the studio is fucking dead you retarded underpaid fuck

Because you are butthurt like hell so you don't belong in here.

Great job fitting in, faggot.

Which means it is shit because Bioshock is shit. Bethescuck kill yourself.

welcome to Holla Forums fucker, doesn't seem like you come here often

So is it anything like half-life or system shock? That is all I want.

it's like a casual SS made by modern devs, so I guess it is "anything" like SS

Bioshock with an inventory, threatening monsters, setting is Deus Ex in art nouveau. My only gripe is the weak looking guns.

Much better than the generic shit shown in old Prey 2 trailer.

So it is shit.

wew faggot

Well I honestly didn't care for the original Prey 2. In fact I remember most of Holla Forums at the time being pissed off about it. It is strange that suddenly a lot of people want it now that it is cancelled.

These are the same pretenders who played ME:A ironically and kept an Overwatch general alive for the past year.

Don't even try, if that's your best at bait.

It is very simple to understand. Yes Prey 2 didn't seem to be much good, but people still prefer something closer the original than something that has nothing to do with the original both gameplay and storywise.

I honestly don't know what you are trying to prove.

(checked)
they pay him by post

are you retarded? Bioshock is fucking shit m8

It wasn't very similar though. I haven't played this new game so it can be shit for all I know but I would rather the game be just called Prey and have nothing to do with it than a game that takes Prey but has very little to do with it and raped the lore.

yes, never said otherwise, check IDs

This entire game is uninspired, it feels like someone saw system shock, took all the bad parts of it, and then decided to randomly chuck the Prey branding on it for absolutely no reason.
It's a 4-5/10 at best

HI TODD

Prey was never a big franchise, literally who gives a shit. This looks like a decent game, but it's not like I will be buying a single player game.

Let me show you who's behind all the sperging here.

That is fucking retarded. Don't defend pointless reboots that share the same name.

That is completely meaningless.

kek

he doesn't look as bad as the spergout suggests

Why are replying to yourself, Bethesdashill?

HI TODD

Sorry we don't want to play your shit game, Todd.

(((0e4326)))

OKAY MAXIME

How does it feel knowing that streamer trash that you are shilling here will sell barely one million unit and bomb the studio?

Careful, I think attacking your target audience will reduce your pay.

what the fuck are you even talking about, will you get bonus for that shit?

Couldn't we spook off the Bethesda shills with crappy porn of the transforming ink creatures? Look, I even added those weird straight pubes asians have as a bonus detail

Read the spergout that originates this, retard

It's literally a trannie from HWNDU.

This review is pretty informative and objective, and the channel seems to be obscure. If you don't trust WAB, then try this one maybe.

I played it on my friend's computer and enjoyed it. Felt truly like those late 90's - early 2000's action RPG PC games. Lots of reading, lots of customization, lots of exploration, kinda sandboxey, and so on. It's nothing like that scripted linear bullshit RE7 was. Like it or not, this game has huge potential of giving good influence on future AAA game design and therefore it'll be a great thing if it sells well and becomes a trendsetter.

No one actually care about your opinion anymore.

I don't trust reviews of newly released games.

AAAs are shit. The free market doesn't work in video games because shit taste. Go shill somewhere else.

You sound like a skinwalker.

Fucking shill, you support slavery and rape if you like anything of Prey.

NuDoom was okay, I'd be willing to give it a try when it gets cracked.

????

ftfy
I don't buy video games anymore.

Maxime you are literally the last man in the world to care about Prey 2. No one else would still carry animosity toward that failed piece of shit, other than you.

How come you mention corporate whores, it reminds me of

see

you did the exact thing I was talking about here, can you even read you fucking moron

possibly the worst FPS game mechanics in history matched with an uncreative premise. wow, thats a really shitty game. my only gripe is everything is fucking horrible about that concept.

that looks like they took a bunch of modern game design techniques and slapped it together to make the game with no regard for whether it'd be a good thing or not

I need to cap this shit
Holy mother of autism and shekel grabbing

Holy fuck did the shills drink triple-caffeine this morning?

In a hurry?

Happens everytime a new Bethesda game comes out.
Were you not here to see the Fallout, New Order and NuDoom shilling?

Yup, it's nu/v/ alright. Here's all the caps you need, by the sole person still butthurt about Prey 2 being fucked:

you are worse than the tranny, at least he does it for free

Anyone know if they have Vulkan support? My goolgefu is weak today.

This is why you ignore games on release and if you want honest opinions ask a year later.

There's times when sometimes needs to remember you newfags that "Holla Forums hates all games" is just a meme.

what did he mean by this?

Literally kill yourself.

Top kek, every single time shills pull this card. It's Holla Forums (mostly) doesnt play shit games and coincidentally a lot of AAA games are exactly that.

Noice.

What the fuck does that have to do with my post?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. When is this train wreck coming out?

Today

It's already out.

>took a quote from Hitler

no child murder, no buy

Bethesda IDF plz.

Holla Forums anons just get buttblasted at any new release. Even good ones and I think Holla Forums even helped bring some life back into the overshadowed launch that was Titanfall 2. Even though at launch anyone who tried to discuss Titanfall 2 got called a shill and the threads got shit on.

Prey 2 could have been a cool concept since there hasn't been a cool space bounty hunter fps game. Damn shame it never came to fruition, but maybe the Human Head will take the concept and apply it to a new game if they ever get a nice influx of cash.

Holy fuck, they didn't even do anything with it, it was just "lol you were dreaming the whole time"
Was there at least foreshadowing of it?

I don't understand why Holla Forums even gives a shit about this, the original Prey was one linear, corridor full of boring shit with nothing but muh injun being remotely interesting and even that the devs did a piss poor job of it. I want nu/v/ out.

so it's shit anyway?

Any others you want to add?

maybe cuckchan is for you

my buddy bought the game and we played it together for a bit
it's shit, even while drinking copious amounts of beer

archive.fo/RC04u
This is beyond retarded even by Bethesda standards.
And for an extra dose of cancer a 500+ thread of corporate cocksuckers defending Denuvo, this industry desperately needs another crash.
archive.fo/5szOL
We live in a fucking age were people defend DRM, where did it all go so wrong?

it's less that more people are defending it and more that they banned anyone who said bad things about it.

>steam users are too retarded to use a different unicode 8чан 8𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔫 or some shit…
like poetry

>It is true that the 2006 Prey has been removed from Steam but that doesn't affect those who already owned it or will install it from an acquired Steam key in the near or distant future

Can some fanboy explain Prey to me? I thought the first one sucked ass through a straw. What was the appeal, seriously?
Why are people shilling this upcoming one so hard? Is it viral marketing or a new series with the same name or what?

Yes, it was even removed from GOG.

WHAT

5.5/10 underwhelming mediocrity from the ppl that brought you Nail'd and FUEL

Bethesda is publishing it. that's really all you need to know.

Yeah, now the only way you can legally buy Prey is on the fucking Mac App Store.

How the fuck, who thought it was ok to just completely remove older games? This piece of shit game has nothing to do with it except in name anyway. Regardless if you thought prey was good or shit this is NOT ok

This isn't just them trying to avoid people buying the classic over the new by mistake- they want to purge any memory of the old because it's better.

Fuck me.
Well, be sure to share the original game to as many people as possible via piracy.

why

Bethesda was made as a gaming AstroTurf company, there's a reason they were founded within spitting distance of D.C, to erase all history of the medium and replace it with more kosher and controlled alternatives.

Because this is what they've always wanted to be able to do. Consider the xbone; why did it not only lack backwards compatibility, but also have to phone in once every 24 hours. It was because microsoft wanted the xbone itself to die once it ran it's course. Unable to phone in once the servers would be shut down you would be forced to upgrade, or lose all your games. On top of that they wanted to be able to sell you games you already purchased for the new system. These kikes want to destroy what has been made before because they don't even want competition from earlier titles.

Happened to fallout as well, didn't it? People who bought it could still install via the client or download through the site but you couldn't buy it anymore.

Then it was reinstated or something.

To add the Bethesda logo in the startup.

You know why.

Really? Man they really are a bunch of jews.
Why, oh why, couldn't TES VI be handled by a better bunch of people.

What the fuck was that? And what the fuck did it do that girl?

Spess bounty hunter, it was so close…

why does the industry hate spess bounty hunting games so much?

To change history or at least the mind.

I have no idea. Some weird ghost creature ripped her apart and possessed her?

I guess for censorship reasons she turns into a ghost to fight, even though it really makes no sense

Don't forget Beamdog, the original devs behind Planet Escape: Tournament!

I didn't mean Bioshock was good, I meant if it turns out to be mediocre instead of the worthless piece of current year shit i'm expecting it to be, I might give it a try.

Source?

Don't see what makes these games so good…
I put hundreds of hours into Fallout 3, NV and 4 over PC and console combined. I love them all. So I thought since I'm such a fan of those games, I should try the original ones, I bought the classic collection, and I just can't get into it. The movement and combat is horrible (I know some people will disagree with me and really like it, this is just my opinion) the lack of tutorial makes it hard, and just other stuff about playing game like looting and the HUD and stuff just wasn't fun. I didn't enjoy it at all. Can someone please explain this game and why people like it so much?

Mediocre is starting to mean shit but popular now.

The ghost creature looks like something out of Beyond: Two Souls.

Even as Victorian Bioshock it sucked ass. They couldn't get the stealth right to make it a proper spiritual successor to Thief, and they couldn't get the combat right either to make it a proper sword-and-pistol successor to Bioshock.

Also, Bioshock at least tried with its story.

it looks like Bioshock Infinite sans hype train and titties

The leak was right.

holy shit what a gong show

Heh.

holy hell how does that even make it past anyone, writers had to sit down, and say with a straight face 'yeah it was all a dream/simulation" and they all said "fuck yeah ship it"

Nice.
New Boston salt party?

do normalfags even care about prey though?

It's number 2 top seller on steam unfortunately.

just about anything can hit top seller for a day on steam just from being new though. I didn't even know this game was out already or even coming out within this time frame until just today

Nier is a shit port and the devs were so lazy they left it to the fans to fix the fucking game.

Eh, it probably won't be bad, but it's also going to be nothing special, it's just Bioshock in space.
Reminder we are never going to see the parkour bounty hunter Prey in space.

Fuck off Bethesda.

The only problem was the lighting being bugged I hear, and that was an easy fix.

Nier is still a good game though. I don't know much about the PC version since I own it on the ps4.

What blows me away is that the industry has a trend of pulling the rug from underneath you and always saying your choices don't matter. It's like a running joke in games to pull this shit.

This line of thinking is retarded. How is System Shock responsible for other shitty games made with similar mechanics? If somebody makes a terrible board game it doesn't make Chess bad. Being the inspiration for bad games ≠ being accountable for them.

I remember in primary school my teacher told me that I shouldn't end stories "it was all a dream" and try to come up with something better. To think I could have just ignored that bitch and gone to work at Bethesda.

Just checked on Twitch to see how it is..
Some top streamer is a fucking idiot that don't read anything, just runs around like a question marks, never checks anything that's not glowing like a fucking light bulb and spends 80% of his time watching and quoting chat.

What the fuck is wrong with the world?!

Saying that SS1/2 aren't ultimately responsible for virtually every first-person pseudo-RPG shitfest since they released is like saying that Apple isn't responsible for virtually every cell phone made in the last decade being a flat slab with a touchscreen.

so Dawn of War 3 being shit is the fault of chess?
fuck chess

No, it was a bad comparison. SS1/2 have directly and immediately spawned a glut of shitty first-person games and not only is this connection self-evident but is in fact attested to by many of the people who made the games that comprise said glut. The relationship is intimate and incontestable.

Was it really SS2 and not Bioshock?

SS1, really. Bioshock just introduced it to the console crowd.

I think its objectively a better spiritual successor to System Shock 2 than any of the bioshock's ever were and if you disagree with me you are objectively wrong.