The final boss is Santa Claus

Was this a satisfying ending to a beloved franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

superuser.com/questions/181731/windows-7-taskbar-as-sidebar-minimum-width-fixed
mega.nz/#!qcwSQSTZ!zVwh1ClzRciQ0ZQ1fhsCMmGM0WZirecSpdh-tCk0FeY
mega.nz/#!7ZIXwa6B!zcfj_XivIXa4XhhuPIwqSqtTvfxmv9g7Kyao4-MTqSE
mega.nz/#!fJZwnbTb!6bWG3oplVvAyuMoWMe6IiKq4u1KZfIFs4Zc-4CBKyUw
mega.nz/#!vZAyBQQD!DVfUeIWPJeUJkxIwrzuzNkUJ_-ebZQc_t5iFNSpis8M
mega.nz/#!zZpz1JoK!3PUt2QEXMRbfF8mMVa5vI68QebPazzeN4mMmX00GynU
mega.nz/#!fR400KRC!CO6lZNj3RECh11mmdfejo_6o2QDMH0d5dnbKgJaD_jw
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/296467
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'd love for someone to make a mod that replaces his name with Santa Knight Claus, modifies the texture in his hood to be a christmas hat, and changes the music to a cheery christmas jingle.

I loved it.

Why are you Soulsfags so fucking autistic about these games? I've read some serious autist on Dark Souls generals, half an A-press levels of autism and complaints.

I want reddit to leave.

redchanit wants you to leave

I do see a disproportionate amount of straight up bitching and exaggerating about Dark Souls. I cannot fathom why aside from the stigma because of normalfags and retarded shit excuse corrupt bloggers.

user….

The only Reddit thing about Dark Souls is the 'hard gaem' meme.

I want goons to leave

The only non-reddit games are Idol dungeon crawlers for the Vita with a limited print run.

You forgot rogue-likes that are actually rogue-likes (Dwarf Fortress doesn't count because meme status)

I'm more glad that Dark Souls is over because I want something new. If we didn't have DS2 and DS3 we could have had two completely new IP's in the same core format. I hope to fucking Christ there's no Bloodborne 2, that game had the perfect end and any extension after that is just dragging out the IP.

give me a quick rundown on this gael dude and the ending you mentioned.

did everyone fucking die Komm Susser Tod style?

Seconding the above curiosity- could you spell it out a bit more for us user?

I love the idea of deities playing a non-zero-sum game until they fuck up dramatically.

Again asking if some user has the "Dark Souls 3 Unofficial Patch" mod.
It's been hidden(unavailable) on nexus mods for a long time.

I didn't like the idea much at first until I saw Gael as a parallel to the player - a dutybound nobody who suffered through a grueling journey of impossible odds for the sake of a better world he won't live to see. Under that light, I think it was a interesting way to close the series.

The fight itself is also easily my favorite in the game.

I'm not good at this but I´ll try.
>He's been eating the pygmy lords as they all have bits of the Dark Soul within them and he's hoping to piece it back together within himself in order to give it the aforementioned NPC. So that she can create a new world, one free of the constant cycle of fire linking. I think

There was actually an extra layer of that for me, since I just happened to gravitate towards the Artiorias, while also using his sword. So we were both wearing half-rotted armor and wielding broken greatswords, only he had red cloth with his armour, while mine was blue.

Cheers user, that's an interesting way for it to go.

Because you're human. It's not implied he waited until the end of the world and then tracked down the lords, it's implied he's been hunting down every last human to collect their scrap of the dark soul, every descendant who could possibly be affected by the darksign.

Also he's not a parallel to the player, he's meant to be the tragic opposite of Gwyn.

Right, fuck. Don't know why I didn't think of that, might be because it's 2 AM.

Any ending is a satisfying ending, I'm so sick of soulsfags and the sooner it all fades into obscurity the better.

Red - Blue - Green

The fight was fantastic, so who cares ?

If people were as obsessed and obnoxious about mass effect as they are about dark souls I would be just as satisfied with its horrible ending as I am with dark souls finally ending.

If it was up to people like you we wouldn't be allowed to discuss anything on Holla Forums.

Not sure what you mean, user, about the half-A press. There are half-A presses. They exist. Not much to sperg over really haha.

MEfags are an order of magnitude worse than DSfags.

He probably means more the level of autism required to delineate and exploit such a minute detail of a game's possible mechanics.

At least MEfags don't believe that their franchise saved Bioware and that they were unknown developers before it.

epic post!

At least Soulsfags don't get so assblasted in one thread they have to complain about it in another.

ok ? thanks.

At least Soulsfags don't think their game is in any way reflective of reality.

Dark Souls saved the gaming industry.

Pathetic.

To me it seems you are obsessed and obnoxious about dark souls, do you often visit reddit where you see the "omg dark souls so hard XD" people or what? Because the people you are talking about are not on this site, its just faggots like you who cry about it.

Am I being criticized or agreed with?

To be fair the ds3 dragon form looks like a malnourished abortion

I partially agree. Thought they have that certain xenomorph-like gruesome beauty to them if you get the body sliders right (not too anorexic, not too bulky, make the head quite big)

Was gonna post this.

DS3 had the worst DLCs.

You can still WebM it.

This is why I love Gael as an antagonist. He survived as an undead until the apocalypse and passed the time by murdering every single human being on the planet. So badass.

Did you say … DYEL ?

It's just a severely autistic faggot replying to every thread with meaningless shit as an excuse to post his image.

Nevermind. I got bored.

Is that from a fairly new anime? It's probably their western PR team trying to force it to "go viral."

It's from that witch show by Trigger.

Little Witch Academia or something like that. I think it started some months ago.

Have a better quality one while you're at it.

Gael was a cool boss.

Is Dark Souls II worth playing? I've only played the first one and really enjoyed it but I've heard a lot of bad things about the sequel.

Only if you co-op with a friend.

Ds2 is like a fanfic that misses what made the first one good.

DS2 is better on actual base gameplay but worse in everything else, from story to locations to how the game is balanced.

No.

This, the overall combat felt better, but everything else was shit. I still enjoyed that one playthrough I gave it though.

What the fuck, how? It's so clunky and unsatisfying.

Powerstancing, special movesets, more build variety, areas that don't shit the bed completely, more bosses, more enemy variety.
Everything is better about it compared to DS3 and DS1.

"It's shit because reasons and I say so", a classic.

This. It had some good changes/additions like backstabs and dual wielding, but then there's stuff like ADP, the hitboxes being the worst in the series and the quality of the animations and textures being fucking garbage.

Not to mention the level design and enemy placement being absolutely atrocious.

Let me guess, the clusterfuck of a story that got retconned because it was so bad is also better than DS1, right?

It's shit because the animations are bad, the hitboxes, the weapons aren't varied enough and the game is a chore to play due to the aforementioned reasons.

Kill yourself.

It's alright, although there's about 5 areas in the game in which the designers should be crucified for creating such piles of shit. Luckily, about three or four of them are optional.

I want to fuck that hellhound,

Only the most autistic fucks care about the "story" in these games. Even then most of their knowledge comes from watching youtube videos.
The fact that people are unironically using story as a point against anything shows how far the games have fallen and why DS3 was destined to failure.

I liked 2's story more than 3's. I think it generally had more interesting and recognizeable characters than 3 and the atmosphere had more personality than just being an ashen hellscape all around. Nashandra and Aldia were not good bosses, but they still were more interesting fight than the Soul of Cinder that feels entirely random random mook, even with the superficial Gwyn reference they slap on him at the second phase.

2 also had clear and interesting themes. I still am not sure what 3 actually was about. It feels like they realized that the shit with firekeepers and Londor doesn't make much sense and haphazardly threw in the painting thing with the dragon girl in the DLC.

Even the weakest parts in 2's story were far from being anywhere near as lame as 3's worst parts, such as the giant king whose name I can't even remember without googling.

3 is actually very clear in its message.

It's about rehasing (DaS2) and the game ends rehasing by being the last game in the series.

I like how Dark Souls 3 is "destined to failure" when the game is legit better than 1 and 2.

Dark Souls 3 is the worst thing that has happened since Dark Souls 2.

When you have a scat fetish you tend to enjoy eating shit.

I only brought it up because that's all you were missing to be aping the redditor groupthink that keeps bleeding into these threads. All I ever see is

Not an argument.

If shit tastes like Dark Souls 3, maybe it deserves a second look.

Not an argument :^)

Most of its PvE problems have been fixed, but there are some minor grievances that will never go away. If you can't get enough souls, then yeah, it's alright. If you're looking for something better than DaSI, you'll be disappointed. Try DaSIII instead, but you may even find that game wanting.
-Good: shitty hitboxes are fixed
-Bad: Soul Memory still exists
-Good: Agape ring is a bandaid that lets you circumvent Soul Memory, at the expense of all your earned souls
-Bad: Parrying and backstabs are still garbage
-Good: SotFS has better lighting/textures
-Bad: vanilla players/DX9 players do not connect with SotFS players, so the playerbase is split
-Good: Weapon degradation frame rate glitch has been fixed
-Bad: Enemy tracking is still pretty egregious
-Good: Covenants are probably the best they've ever been
-Bad: Invasions are suppressed in favor of duels
and on and on, there are more things to discuss, but the gist is that some things have been fixed but a lot of it is still marred by the bad decisions made during development. Still, it has a large variety of areas, weapons, outfits, and bosses, so for that it's at least a single playthrough for a fan of these games.

Most sensible people stopped giving a fuck about lore after DaS2

Most sensible people didn't give a fuck about the lore from the beginning

It actually is. They're obsessed with muh skillful duel PVP and it's the reason why they kept clinging onto it for so long (the game is deader than DS1 by the way). You were reciting the shit I've seen them spout word for word.
Maybe you should join your friends and play some For Honor :^)

These are not "sensible" people.

I mean, what is their "sensible" action? Just speedrunning the game over and over again?

That's not true, one of the main praises people have of Dark Souls 1 is the lore aspect.
The same can't be said about the sequels.

People using Jack images are shilling jack now too?

People shitting on DaS3 lore is just memeing really.

It's a fitting end to the series, and From's answer to the lol cycle.

The average player doesn't give a shit about the "lore"
Most of the people who praise its story only know it from the regurgitate information of people like Vaati or other youtubers. Considering how much of it is pure speculation means that its not actually in the game.

What is sensible about speculating over scraps of information only for it to be retconned or contradicted in a later game?
Play the game, ignore the imaginary autism behind it. Its not like Dark Souls is bereft of any gameplay.

Dark Souls 3 is essentially a direct continuation of the first game's story. People complaining that it's a rehash are retarded.
DS2 is retarded Game of Thrones fanfiction.

It was an inevitable cluster fuck after DaS2 and the series really should just have ended after DaS1.

Dark Souls 3 does not contradict DaS1 in any way.
They are also interesting to think about.
It's impossible for me to ignore lore in RPG. I can ignore retards though.

HA! I don't have a high opinion of the marketing departments for western anime distributors but I'd still like to think they know better than to pay retards to spam non-anime related image boards with their autism and reaction images.

Lorefags are pretty cancer. They take shreds of evidence and use it to concoct tldr page after page of unfounded nonsense. Might as well write a fucking fanfiction, for crying out loud.

DaSI had some decent world building through its item descriptions and environments and such, but DaSII's lore is entirely disconnected from the first game, though there was some half ass attempt at making a connection. DaSIII is a rehash of the first game and it also has a lot more referential content than before, to the point that it's hardly recognizable as a unique entry in its own right.

DeS was about Boletaria and the grey fog consuming the land. It, too, was disconnected from DaS' world. It was its own self contained story, even if it does share similarities with the other games. Why couldn't each entry be a visitation of different realms within Lordran that show how the Undead Curse is being handled by these varying kingdoms? It could use environmental storytelling to help the player build some vague understanding of the nature of all of these mysterious concepts. Instead, it introduces entirely new concepts and lands and characters and tries to tie them together in a very lazy way.

Ringed City was fun as fuck, and I loved the level design. Finding all of the shortcuts and mad-jumps in the Dreg Heap was really enjoyable, and the Ringed City itself had a good exploration quality to it. It also had the arrow-ghost-spamming-giant as a barrier to entry that made so many faggots cry.
The bosses were only okay, though. Generic demon beast fight, generic evil dragon fight, some little dude in a church, and meth santa. Nothing amazing, but nothing terrible.
That Shiva or Shina or Shira chick, whatever her name was, was a more interesting fight than any of the bosses just because of the mad king's crucifix that she spammed like mad.

I wish the DLC had been more difficult, though, because I finished it far too quickly. It didn't make me ragequit even once, which sadly means it was rather poorly balanced.

ds2>ds3

How is Dark Souls 3 a rehash of the first game?

I might not have paid to close attention to DaS3 but I really doubt that's actually true.

That's actually true though.

It's a direct continuation of DaS1, and it ends the lol endless cycle starts in DaS2.

DS3 rolls with DS2 stating that lots of people have linked the fire regardless of the Chosen Undead's choice in DS1 to become the Dark Lord or not, and puts an end to all that with the Ashen One snuffing out the First Flame.

Oh yeah, that was actually a thing, to bad the sequels completely forgot about it.

This.
What's an ashen one and what makes that different from being an undead?
What does it mean to be unkindled/kindled and what does it have to do with being undead?
What are lords of cinder (or whatever the fuck it was called) and where do they come from? Why do I need their ashes?
What happened to the undead curse?
What happened to the lord souls?
What happened to dark soul and humanity?

There's nothing to imply that the endless cycle has ended tho.

That's what you do in Dark Souls 1 when you chose the Dark Lord ending.
What makes this different?

It was literally supposed to mean there's cycles of the fire fading and kingdoms falling, making everything that happened in the first game pointless. They retconned it with the addition of Aldia because it was fucking retarded.
Do you know what a sequel is? It CONTINUES what was set up previously and doesn't just ignore it.
First people whine that the story in Dark Souls is shit because there's too many unanswered questions and then they whine that DS3 is too referential because it answers questions the first game brought up. Which one is it?
So it's also bad if it's not referential and does something new? Nevermind there's not that many new concepts in DS3. The deep is a different name for the abyss, chaos is dying out, fire still exists, humanity/dark still exists.

The cycle as implied in the Dark Souls 2 is ended.

It's different because Dark Souls 2 jumps into thing and implies EVEN IF YOU CHOOSE DARK ENDING SOMEHOW WILL KINDLE THE FLAME REGARDLESS LOL

Dark Souls 3 goes and say LOL YOU CANNOT REKINDLE FOREVER FAGGOT.

Well that's dumb.

You don't snuff out the First Flame at all in DS1 if you choose to become the Dark Lord, you just turn back around and leave the Flame to wither. In DS3 you actively snuff it out, or in one ending take the remnant of its power for your own and become some kind of all-encompassing Lord.

An ashen one is an undead who lit the first flame and was completely consumed by it.
The lords of cinder are other dudes who lit the first flame but they weren't completely consumed by it. You need there ashes because without them there is not enough power left to actually kindle the first flame a meaningful amount.
Still there, but it seems that the fucks in Londor seem to have staved off hollowing.
Burnt on the first flame
Fuck if I know.

Blame DaS2's existence in the first place.

From has to make DaS3 so that DaS4 wouldn't be made about linking da fire again.

But there's like half a million of the fuckers running around the place.

Same theme, same concepts, different names.
Chosen undead = Ashen one
The Keepers of the Lord Souls = Lords of Cinder
Kingseeker Frampt = Pretty much everyone who tells you that it's an Unkindled's job to reunite the lords and their thrones
Darkstalker Kaathe = Yoel of Londor
Hawkwood = Crestfallen Warrior
Andre is actually fucking Andre
Firekeeper = Emerald Hearld/Maiden in Black
Siegward = Siegfried, both of Catarina
Eygon of Carim = combination of Petrus of Thorolund and Knight Lautrec
Irina of Carim = Rhea of Thorolund/Firekeeper from DaSI
Cornyx = Larentius
Witch Karla = Witch Yuria from DeS
Patches is actually fucking Patches
You get the picture. All of these characters are merely slight variations on existing characters. They're nothing new, therefore it's a rehash. Same with the story. You are [The Chosen Undead/ The Ashen one], sent to the dying realm of [Lordran/Lothric], in order to take the [Lord Souls/Souls of Cinder] from the [Keepers/Lords of Cinder] and submit to your destiny as [Kindling for the Flame/Dark Lord]. The series has always been referential, what with Patches and Ornstien making repeat appearances, but at least DaSII ended up as its own entity, they should've never made any attempt to connect the two games, because it comes off as incredibly forced.

Slow your roll, you autist. I like the fact that DaSII is pretty much disconnected from the first game. They didn't need to try and tie the games together with such a shitty concept of "cycles" or whatever. That just implies that nothing you ever will do as your main character will ever matter, which means that they can churn out 50 iterations of these games without answering any important plot points and instead go LOL TIME IS CONVOLUTED
Not always. There are plenty of examples of sequels where an entirely new story is introduced and the previous characters are forgotten.
Let me make this easy for you; There are too many unanswered questions, and DaSIII only adds more onto the pile. It does nothing to clear up anything that the first game introduced. When I mean referential, I mean that it shoves LOL MEMBER DARK SOULS 1 XD in your face all the god damned time.
It's bad when they throw old concepts away and make up entirely new concepts on the spot without taking the time to explain how it all fits together.

I've already told you, there's not that many new concepts in DS3. The game answers nearly all questions from the first game, but I can tell you over and over and it'll be referential garbage that should've NEVER been done. I honestly don't see the point in arguing because you'll just make up some bullshit excuse.

What you wanted isn't a sequel, you just want a souls game that had nothing to do with DS1. Go play Bloodborne.

No, it doesn't. It requires that you extrapolate on nearly every single concept in order to come to conclusions that end up being speculation. I can tell you this over and over and it'll be "b-b-b-b-b-but muh interpretation"

I wanted a game that actually takes the time to explain its concepts in such a way that there is no room for fanfiction tier faggots to go "but perhaps"

Oh boy, so now you prefer DaS2 "story" to DaS3 despite the fact DaS3 story is made to fixed DaS2, being an unnecessary sequel.

Read a book, nobody gives a shit.

No, I think the problem lies with you. You're just too fucking stupid to connect the dots yourself.

why are you so angry?

You can think what you like, it doesn't matter. I have the freedom to express my opinions. If you don't like it, well then you can fuck off. If you don't give a shit, then talk about something else. If you want to actually discuss the series and how it fails, then feel free to bring up concepts and how you think they're clearly described, and I'll tell you why I think they're not.

I'm not gonna argue with someone who doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Not really, just bored.

What a shitty and needlessly combative stance. I don't understand why you're here, then. Fuck off. You're so smart and your opinions are the only right opinions. Aren't you special.

you could try playing video games

Been playing them all this evening really.

Been here to discuss shit, but it seems like nobody's worth arguing.

From what I understand, an ashen one is someone who tried to link the fire, but failed, and the fire burnt him to ash, because he wasn't powerful enough.

The only bad animation is the waddle-run on the Falconers.
Only a problem in the early game, and easily fixed within the first hour. Not excusable for why they split I-Frames into a separate stat that needed leveling, but at least it is fixable.
Easily the most retarded thing I've read yet. DaS 2 has the MOST weapon variety, and as a result it makes it the most replayable of the series, by and far. DaS 3's weapon arts system is cheesy, and turns the already shit PvP into an R2 fest.

DeS = DaS > Bloodborne > DaS III > DaS II

Yeah, go fix that broken ass game while I just play DaS3.

I can accept that, just switch around DeS/Das with Bloodborne and it's perfect

No they didn't because the new path is about searching for something else that isn't light or dark even though you know there is none. I mean Aldia spells it out.

This path you take is literally the path Aldia and Vendrick took and in a sense are still partaking.

I can understand some people find the lore and dialogue cryptic but to say it was reconned just shows you don't have a grasp on what's going off here.

you guys are giving reddit way too much credit.

What an absolutely well thought out, excellent proposed retort.

Really activates my almonds.

Sidebar is master race when using wide monitors, it's less screen space used.
It counts doubly if you use that monitor for web surfing, since 99% of websites display information vertically.

Which areas specifically?
I'm guessing Aldia's Keep is among those?

I will say I didn't expect the final boss of Dark Souls to do a sick flip over me while attempting to hit me with his sword while peppering me with bolts from his fully automatic crossbow. He only did that move once but I was so fucking gobsmacked I just stood there and died.

It's amazing how it took them 3 games and they still couldn't outdo DeS in many aspects
FROM's biggest disgrace was not making sequels to this instead and not making more Armored Core

over 25 entries wasn't enough? get the fuck out of here with that shit.

Not nearly enough faggot, give me fucking PC ports at least

Tell that to all the megaman fags

Aldia wasn't in the game until Scholar. They had to add him to create a set-up for DS3. I think they originally intended the ancient dragon to be Aldia, if I'm not mistaken.

The characters aren't a problem, Patches has been in a lot of From games after all, so it's unfair to just pin it to the Souls games. And consumables you can hoard and chew on are also a bad idea, limiting estus was a good design decision. I'll give you the rest, though.

PC ports I can agree with but I feel no pity for you on new entries. A new IP would be much better use of their time and energy.

kek

No, it fucking sucks that after all your troubles all you get for a final boss is an NPC that was worthless as an ally and had little if any development at all, but suddenly thanks to the power of bad character design and artificial difficulty gets to be the strongest swordsman ever. Even Artorias despite being a disappointment at the very end, was waay better story wise.

Bloody hell, at least reduce the size of the fucking taskbar. The way it is now, this argument about saving real estate holds no water.

>suddenly gets to be the strongest swordsman ever he has the dark soul you blithering retard
Wew.

For a notable section of the fan base of the series, their 'get good' was based around exploiting things. Broken weapons, exploiting wonky stats, or just learning the easy way to do some things.

I can think of no clearer example than rolling. Rolling was easily the best defensive option in the game for a newer player. The tight hitboxes, lack of tracking and generous amount of invincibility for simply hitting a button? It was far, far to powerful for zero investment.

So in DS2 they attempted to fix it. You needed stats to make it a powerful defense option and enemies tracked enough that it was no longer an absolutely free escape from damage as long as you pressed the button the same minute the enemy attacked. And people hated it. With all complaints about it more or less reducing down to 'now I have to actually try and invest resources into my invincibility'

Then in 3 they simply gave up, giving the roll back and just loading up mobs and bosses with massive sweeping attack chains.

I'm glad were done with the series because looking at the boss design and DLC for DS3 I can only imagine them throwing in DDR bosses with 18 chained one hit kill sweeps that follow the player that you're expected to iframe through.

well considering the resolution of his desktop he is probably playing on a tiny ass screen, for which a sidebar is also the perfect taskbar since the vertical size is already very limited.

Since you're complaining, care to say what you expected from the boss? Is this what you wanted?

He's literally just guts, even more blatantly than artorias.

Why do people wank over this fight so much? It's nothing special.

Same resolution as my monitor, though.

Yes.

i feel your pain user

Holy shit this thread is amazing. Just the sheer level of asshurt DaS3 fans trying to justify their purchases.

Hey, I've seen that smug anime before.

Thats the smallest it will go

Its not a monitor its a 32in LCD TV screen I got in highschool using
Unfortunately this is the best pic I could find

I pirated it and I think its OK, better then 2 but not as good as 1

Ashes of Ariandel is better than Brume and Loyce.

p.s. Reddit hate dark souls 3 and bum the everloving fuck out of 2.

No a sequel to DS2 is reinforced throughout the vanilla game. Aldia being the dragon was always speculation.

The problem people have is that some item descriptions were changed or updated. Now I haven't checked all the items because the info is a clusterfuck to research but I speculate that some rogue translations happened because SotfS is in a way a new game compared to vanilla when the graphics engine was updated (I think it was something like DX10 to DX11) so I wouldn't be surprised the translators had to translate again and didn't bother checking all their past translations.

Personally this point is not worth debating too much because so many factors could be the cause of these inconsistencies. For all we know the Japanese item descriptions could be 100% consistent between vanilla and SotfS.

2 seconds of search engine disproves your words. superuser.com/questions/181731/windows-7-taskbar-as-sidebar-minimum-width-fixed

Such as? It's the exact same system the other games have used, you die, lose your souls, become hollow/soul form/whatever and the penalties are basically gone with the cling ring which you get at the start of the game
So, gravelord? I realize it's more indepth than that but seriously
Luck is viable in III, 2 had the worst stat system of the series and that's all I can say
That were based off of characters from Berserk?
I think it was reasonable in DS1, in 2 and 3 it sort of ruined the whole point of that immense relief you get when you finally get to one because they're all over the fucking place, so I'll partially agree with you
How is this a good thing? That means for non magic users they're restricted to one method, and a super cheap one at that considering you get infinite heals anyway. Healing is broken as fucking shit in Demon's. Bloodborne did consumable heals right.
It's fine?
Dragon god was just as shit as bed, only less annoying

Also I love the shit out of demon's souls, but seriously man every point you made was terrible

(you)

Not worth it
I can still run 1280x720 windows without anything being cut off and the next size up is just full screen

Put it in the startup folder, or add it to the registry.

I thought it was just that the Ashen One tried to link the fire in ages past, but failed in the quest and went hollow?

Reminder that Gael sent you to kinkshame a nun to death.

Whatever helps you justify that hole in your pocket.

Maybe you should go back if you know so much about it.

I never asked for this.

Yeah, I agreed with you on a couple of points, do you just want me to debase myself and go full contrarian?

As someone who started playing DeS after beating Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 I can say that DeS is good but fucking obtuse as hell and also much, much easier than 2 or 3.

Also:

These are fucking dreadful ideas. Also the inventory weight limit system was garbage.

I thought the unkindled were just reserve troopers, ready to be deployed should the lords of Cinder bottle out of linking the fire like they're meant to.

epic

World tendency is amazing. If you fully understand how the system works then I it's a shame to hear that. If not then I suggest you do before calling it a bad idea.

You're both right (sort of), in Miya's own words, Unkindled are undead who tried to link the fire but were too weak, and were burnt to ash. When the fire began to fade, Lothric was supposed to link the fire but instead he opted to get his neghole pozzed by his brother until the end of days, so the old lords of cinders were resurrected, then THEY fucked off to just sit around and do nothing I guess, 'cept aldritch, he ate gods n shit. Once everything else was off the table, the unkindled were the last hope of the world to link the fire. But Unkindled aren't quite human, they're drawn to fire more than normal humans, who are naturally drawn to dark. That's what it seems like at least, considering out of the four endings, 3 involve you either linking the fire or stealing it for yourself. Notice how in the link the fire ending there's no grand explosion of flame like in 1, the fire is weak even when linked. This probably either means that the fire is going to completely dissipate soon no matter what and it can't be linked any further, or unkindled are still pussies.

Whoopsie daisy. My point stands though.

Wtv you say reddit. stop doubl e spacing.

Dark Souls 3 bonfires are just Bloodborne lanterns that you can set down by.
They really don't serve any other purpose than warp points in that game.

A better comparison is archstones, but archstone placement wasn't nearly as generous

Ashen One is ash that left after linking of the flame that reanimated because fuck you. As opposite of Lord Of Cinder who retained his form after linking it. May be it was one undead. May be it was remain of a lot of the undead. Either way the only one left to link the flame is the failure of flame linking.

Trailer implied that you will use undead to light bonfires.

Linking the flame was always prolonging the inevitable. But in ds3 no fucking one wants really to do it. World is fucked, time to burn the remains and start a new one. And let the feast begin.

Shame they cut the bonfire creation mechanic

Dark endings are the best in 3 btw

Fear not the dark my friend, and let the feast begin.

Not really, DeS is so much better designed. There's one at the begining of every level, and one at the end of every level, the whole game is like that and it creates a nice pacing.

Dark Souls 3 just like Bloodborne does this weird thing where they try to mix elements from DeS and DaS in that they have a big interconnected word with a disconnected hub that contains your level up lady. This is retarded because it means that every time you want to do anything you have to warp twice, and that's shitty unexcusable game design. It only works in DeS because the levels where designed to be, well, Separate levels.

Why does Doran look so fucking gay in that image?

Try stylish nigger

Hah, drawfag got the pose wrong anyway. The leg in the foreground is the one fully extended in the jojo panel.

what did he mean by this?

you are like little babby

Most people just going through the game normally probably don't have black tendency, or white

As for gravelord, I was just making a comparison

You mentioned luck so I touched on it, and I didn't say it wasn't better

I also didn't say reskins are better, where are you getting this from?

It isn't a bad thing if bonfires are spaced properly, having 99 of all grasses in Demon's souls is fine though right? Just heal infinitely, very quickly, with no penalty.

So speedrun faggots?

You might've been overleveled. FromSoftware put the reccomended level at ~135 but when the base game ends you are level 90-ish. So a lot of people were struggling with the DLC simply because From cranked up the stats on everything for no discernible reason

Everything they cut from ds2 was made in ds3. Everything that was in ds2 was made in ds3. Every npc from demons souls was in ds3. DS3 is closer to demons souls than to dark souls 1.
They just used everything they have for ds3. And probably cut shit from ds2, to make 3rd part more meaningful. Look at fucking dark souls 2 artbook. Half of it was never used for ds2 and used for ds3. Look at fucking dlc of ds2. Lords with prominent thrones you collect, sitting on the throne and other shit. Its basically same as in ds3 but instead of "but perhaps…" we got explanation this time. Imagine if they actually put an effort into ds2 instead of cutting shit from it. If only rerelease of ds2 included original graphics engine and they put at least twice amount of workers on it.

DS3 has too many bonfires. Sometimes a bonfire right after another bonfire. And a billion shortcuts on top of that.

It means you are faggot.

It just few enemies had too much hp. I think headless fats has at least twice hp of fattest mob of base game.

Speaking of artwork.
Bloodborne_Official_Artworks.rar 189.1 MB
mega.nz/#!qcwSQSTZ!zVwh1ClzRciQ0ZQ1fhsCMmGM0WZirecSpdh-tCk0FeY
dark souls 2 design works.rar 244.9 MB
mega.nz/#!7ZIXwa6B!zcfj_XivIXa4XhhuPIwqSqtTvfxmv9g7Kyao4-MTqSE
DARK_SOULS__8545_-_Artbook.pdf 25.6 MB
mega.nz/#!fJZwnbTb!6bWG3oplVvAyuMoWMe6IiKq4u1KZfIFs4Zc-4CBKyUw
Dark_Souls_Design_Works.rar 163.6 MB
mega.nz/#!vZAyBQQD!DVfUeIWPJeUJkxIwrzuzNkUJ_-ebZQc_t5iFNSpis8M
DARK+SOULS+III+DESIGN+WORKS-DARK+SOULS+III+DESIGN+WORKS-+(ファミ通の攻略本)_nodrm.zip 122.1 MB
mega.nz/#!zZpz1JoK!3PUt2QEXMRbfF8mMVa5vI68QebPazzeN4mMmX00GynU
Demon_39_s_Souls_Official_Art_collection.7z 145.8 MB
mega.nz/#!fR400KRC!CO6lZNj3RECh11mmdfejo_6o2QDMH0d5dnbKgJaD_jw

VADE RETRO SATANA

Hp penalties mean jack shit if you can heal infinitely, what do you not understand about this? And I already mentioned the fact that you can mitigate the penalty with cling ring, plus get your human form back. Farming for grass takes no time at all you sperg.

well hey i had fun with it.

In ds2 you can reduce hp to 5% of max hp.

WEW

Are you playing with like 1 vit or

Did your mother drop you on the head as a baby?

DS2 is the best entry on the series.

I think I'm getting rused here

That only happens if you sin a fuckton, kill over 100 NPC's or hosts.

Its not that much. PvP in ds2 was fun. Its not 3vs1 as in ds3. And invasions are not restricted by anything. You can be invaded even if you hollow and boss is dead. ANd I am pretty sure invasion timeout never worked.

To reduce your health to 5% you need to achieve the title "Wretch" and to do that you need to sin 100 times. You get 1 sin for killing and NPC or 1 sin for killing a host. It's what the wikis says and what this video shows.

So uhh what did you think of all three bosses in the ringed city and all 2 in ashes of ariandel and how giving the blood to the painting girl doesn't do anything.

Gaul was the only challenge all the others were too easy.
Ledo's hammer is baller as fuuck, shame his set got removed.

I don't think you actually played DS1.

Some random asshole you've never heard of shows up out of nowhere to fight you to the death over shit that doesn't make sense for reasons that don't matter. It's basically the perfect ending to the series.

confirmed for never played king's field

i'll bet you also thought the pursuer was an original boss and that drangleic castle wasn't literally copy/pasted

tbh if it was the mostly same fight mechanically and instead of some random jackass it was the soul of dark/abyss/man anus akin to the soul of cinder i'd have zero complaints. he already fights like artorias, who fell to the abyss, so why not have him be abyss-related?

What was end game?

i wanna pet that cat

HO HO HO
YOU ARE DEAD

Midir is a pile of trash. Quite possibly the most obnoxious, unfun boss fight in the entire series. I'd rather fight Bed of Chaos, or Dragon God, than fight Midir ever again.

The DLC itself was bittersweet. Quite possibly the best DLC in the series, but left us with more questions than answers, and was not really a proper sendoff.

So Midir is a "pile of trash" because 2hard4u?

Is this mental illness?

So because I called him a pile of trash, you immediately assume "git gud?" That I somehow struggled with the boss immensely, and gave up? Are you that dense, that lacking in mental capacity?

Midir is a garbage fight, purely because he suffers from what every other boss in the game suffers from; massive health pools. Doing minuscule damage, even to a dragon, thereby forcing you to run around and hit him once, then immediately retreat, is not fun. It's an exercise in tedium, and serves only to frustrate the player.

I also beat him my 4th try, and only because his laser is a cheese machine.

nigga what

des had jack shit for original characters. they're rehashes from king's field

This. Dark Souls is Reddit incarnate.

Who would have guessed?

Miyazaki's explanation doesn't make sense to me. So they were strong enough to defeat the last Lord of Cinder, but not strong enough to link the fire? How does that work?

I'M ABOUT TO START A NG+7 AGGRESSION MOD RUN OF DARK SOULS

WHAT CHAOS WEAPON DO I USE

Mark you're a gay jew.

just use Demon's Scar

I always laugh a little thinking about how obviously angry that butt-hurt faggot was when he made that image.

I'm new to all this nonsense. What's a good pyromancer build for DaS1?

Anything basically

He can't handle things being called "disposable weeb.shit" either.

What "build"? You don't even need stats for pyro shit beyond a handful of spell slots, just upgrade the hand and go fucking wild

Every single one of them is the PC master race though. Surely they shouldnt need to git gud at anything, it should just happen for them, like participation trophies.

Pyromancy doesn't actually scale with anything but gets damage buffs from bellowing dragoncrest ring and dusk crown, so just use this: mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/296467

I think you are just projecting user, that "google analytics" image mocking the PC user base was a meme.

Git Gud or Git Gone

I guess he can pump dexterity for slightly faster casting animation.

Chances are you have to be stronger than the previous Lord of Cinder by quite a margin, seeing as a Lord of Cinder has had most of their power/soul gone to the First Flame, ie Gwyn is just a shadow of who he was before he sacrificed himself and the remainder of his soul. If you're just barely stronger than the previous Lord then probably you're just not powerful enough to make good kindling and are instantly consumed.

When everything is reddit, nothing is reddit.

What if we're all Redditors shrieking about how Reddit needs to go back?

"Reddit" has no fucking meaning now. It's just a shitty boogeyman retards use to fill in the blanks when they don't understand why something is faggotry. The irony being that usually they're the problem, but good luck explaining that to retards like 4907fb

But that isn't the final boss. That is the boss for a DLC for Dark Souls III.

I beat midir on my second try, he looks fucking cool but the fight is like the ancient dragon from Ds2 only with more flailing.
The Dlc was good but it was waay too fucking short, idk how you can think it's better than the old hunters dlc or the artorias one.

Also why are dex builds so fucking shit?

Nope.

They're the best build for PVP meta cuckolds at SL120. Sharp got overbuffed and builds are like 18str 65+ dexterity.

PVE build variety is pretty great right now.

Well I'm getting shit on PvE at a point in the game where i was wrecking shit with any other build.

Half your life being gone would be problem if it weren't for infinite heals and the fact that the game is really easy compared to later games. If you've played a comparable game, you have no excuse for losing a boss past the first time to learn shit. Half the bosses don't even have that excuse. Spider is just a check to tell you to use resistances, Fools idol only has the trick were you might not realise her mines persist after fade, Monk is difficult because pvp, and nothing else has anything else to deal with. I cut through manhunters like an arab dick through 13 year old hymen.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were "special" or worse a mage.

kys

no because you could dodge anything and get a free hit under pretty much every circumstance

BotW is tumblr not reddit

This. But they were following the git gud meme back then too. All the hard challenges had more than a single boss in it. The ruin sentinels for example, and the two tigers in eleum loyce (that i didn't beat). Still, if I had to choose between dealing with more bosses at once, or having a single boss that spergs attacks for twenty seconds straight, I pick the first.
DaS3 is hands down the worst one. Tailored to suit burger kids that want to cosplay Guts and spam flashy attacks with ultra-something. I wonder how many of the people defending this piece of shit of a game wielded anything that was shorter than their character.

The only thing hard about the two tigers is the fucking half hour long boss run through snow storms and lightning zebras.
Darrklurker is a better example.
Ds2 is the worst souls game.

Yeah gb2 the dark souls 3 ultra-something roulette kid, your opinion isn't worth shit here.

So… can I ask here things related to Bloodborne? Just got the Game of the Year edition and I was wondering if there were some item duplication cheat avariable.

???

Nice reading comprehension retard.
Go back to your shit game that gives you SSR+1 at the start of the game meaning you're overleveled for the entirety of the game and can use the best strength weapon in thee second area.
All of the bosses in Ds2 are easy, it's almost like ds2 and ds3 are made by the same people.

Any item duplication glitches. Sorry, not american and tired.

What a Complete disgrace, that killed any interest i had in a new game+, that and the DLC rings being superior to those of NG+ and there is no new boss,items or mob. At least i found Hollow Knight thanks to DS3.

Why would you want this you fucking casual?
Why would you think it's in the game.

Bloodborne was best

gb2gaia

There's still one in DeS and DS1, DS2 had it for a while, DS3 only patched theirs out last patch.

I want someone to make a DS1 mod that adds a coop system similar to the bells. It would be like the eye invasion system but you invade as a cooperator into the world of someone who uses an "allow for help" item, although I guess if you're human you're asking to be helped in the first place.

when did henry get so cute?

I suck shit at Friede. I've died far too many times to her. I think I can say she is the hardest boss for me in all of the Souls games, including Bloodborne.

Are you NG+, cause she has fuck all health NG and 1st and second phases are piss.

SURE FUCKING ARE, WOULD BE NICE IF I COULD SKIP THEM INSTEAD OF HAVING TO TEDIOUSLY DRAIN THOSE TWO HEALTHBARS EACH TIME

i got bored and went back to dark 1 instead of dealing with freide. fuck 3. freide seems like she could be a cool fight but those first two phases are more boring than challenging

Friede is the reason I had to turn voices off, and it's also the reason I realized that from sucks shit at ascribing sound files to their mixers, which has been an easy thing to in all games since the PS2 era.