Other urls found in this thread:

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded
reactos.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install windows 10, dummy

Upgrade to Windows 10 user :^)

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded

here you go user

I want you to know that I'm laughing at you.

Why don't you try updating to Windows 10? It has nice features like working peripherals and predictive purchasing.

Install Windows 7 faggot OP.

You deserve everything that happens to you.

FUCK YOU user

I AM A SAMURAI

DO NOT NINJA ME

This piece of shit used to work, goddamitshitfuck.

I just want to play fucking BB-CF

I have Windows 8.1 and was going to get one of these Xbox One controllers off Ebay for PC gaming. Do I need Windows 10 and should I just stick with the wired Xbox 360 controller?

I literally provided you with the fucking solution you fucking moron op.

You deserve this, OP.

I could also get Dual Shock 4 instead. Or just use a Gamecube controller. Help me Holla Forums.

Sticks are shit, overpriced and break all the time

get a ps4 controller.

Yeah? Well YOU deserve a very good paying job with a nice house, wife, three kids and a dog.

We all deserve some nice things, user. Rarely do we get them.

Any other reason other than "fuck Microsoft"?

It's true.

it has native support and drivers for windows.

A ps4 and cheap bluetooth dongle makes pc vidya with a controller comfy as fuck due to no more wires. That, combined with a wireless M&KB makes for maximum comfort.

We will all make it, one day.

Welp, you got me. Besides, I would rather play a fighter with keyboard than shit sticks.

Wireless adds latency, I want a wired controller.

>>>/gaschamber/

Kill the people responsible for this shit.

0/10; Sony has always been shit

Every time I see this image the poster ends up being a retard.

HAHAHAHAHAH

looks like we have a COMPUTER RETARD over here

Kill yourself

Sucks to be you

Get fucked OP

Just use this you dumb shits, it literally does everything for you.

You forgot
I feel like that was OP's biggest mistake aside from being technologically retarded.

im also using windows 8.1 because i like the colors of the desktop.

also because some software requires windows 8.1

This is either quality b8 or i'm being taken on a pretty good ruse.

Win7 here, werks fine for me :^)

That's probably the best solution until Wine's DX11 support is in slightly better shape.

Once wine gets DX11 gets 100% compatibility then I will be free from the NSA monitoring me shitposting 24/7.
But we know that's not true since most of us has an intel chipset somewhere on our machine. ;^(

even without the intel chipset who knows what garbage canonical is forcing in there these days.
i'm really happy with all the progress game compatibility has made the past couple years on wine/native linux anyway, it's just a comfier os.

I have a crappy AMD APU right now, will upgrade to Ryzen when I have an income.

which software?

No, dual-boot is a meme and ends up causing more problems than it's worth. Just get a notebook with *nix and a desktop with wangblows if you can't kick the virtual jew.

Stick to prebuilts, m80.

Or install Windows and Linux on separate hard drives.

Did you try turning it off an turning it back on?

enjoy having windows fuck with your grub, m8

Get a Wii U Pro Controller and download Wiinusoftpro and use that instead. It works wonders.

Is it plugged all the way in?

What's wrong with that? Can you name a better controller?

it's a huge pain in the ass.
i think the best way to use both is with linux as a base and windows in kvm. it has very little overhead on new processors, though the gpu passthrough is not very good on older ones.

Just say you're too poor to afford a spare drive or extra computers.

Why don't you berate me for not owning an alienware while you are at it. :^)

Worke on my machine
Has worked with it for years and I have an unregistered Windows 7 OS.

We'll just see about that.
-Windows 10 up-raper

Aside from direct semitic intervention, I'm safe from the dreaded Windows 10.

Nigger, just buy an Xbox One Elite controller for the low, low, price of just $150 Ameroshekels. Then upgrade to Windows 10 so you can download the Elite Controller configuration app.

And then buy another Elite controller a year from now, because the analog sticks are trash and it will literally fall apart in your hands.

What, can't you afford $150 a year? Get a better job or #dealwithit

Seriously, what the shit is up with MS charging an arm and a leg for literal trash. Never had an Elite controller, but everywhere I look people are bitching about the build quality and the stick giving out. I did go through 6 360 controllers last gen, because the stick developed crippling drift. None of my other controllers ever had this issue. Even my old PS/2 DualShock/2, N64, and Dreamcast controllers still have functional analog sticks. My original Xbox Duke controllers still have good stick. Are MS just intentionally making shit controllers so that they can gouge player since the markup on them is higher than other hardware?

listen OP
You need to download windows 10, goy.
It will be the best thing you can do for your computer.
Trust me, I play many videogames and I build computers.

I always feel the urge to bully linuxfags. Their posts always come off like lisping fags made them.

I had a similar problem recently with an "APowerA'
"XBOX 360 & WINDOWS" controller that wouldn't fucking work on windows.

Turn out the soution is to download the official drivers for xbox controllers, but rather then run you need to open it with a rar program and extract the contents to a folder.

Within the folder if you navigate to
You will find a file called xusb21.inf

There are 2 lines

The part induing USB is the hardware identify, all you have to do is ctrl+f and replace all of the occurances of the "offical" hardware id with the hardware ID of the device you want to use (which can be found in device manager right click properties details then find hardware id in the drop down lists) and save the changes.

Then run the file xusb21.cat and it will install the drivers for the unofficial controller.

I found out about this online somewhere but haven't slept and can't be fucked to find it.

Welcome to every single version of windows ever released.

Do they? I wouldn't know, since I haven't bought a copy of Windows since 3.11. Does Microsoft even care at this point? Most of their revenue comes from enterprise licenses and prebuilts. I've seen more robust anti-piracy measures on fucking music CDs.

Back in the day, they didn't care because you having a PC at home on windows only strengthened their position as an office workstation OS. And they don't care now, because they hardcoded a fucking storefront and advertisements into the OS.

The problem is (for them) that most people still use XP

^so much this!

Install GNU+Linux

I remember having some issue when I got the wireless receiver. Had to download some really strange drivers from a M$ site that didn't look like M$ owned it, and it was sketchy as hell, but they worked.

kek

reactos.org/

some programs like microsoft word, i got a free version by being a student and it wouldn't work correctly with windows 7, also some other newer software. its fine, im using classic shell and never use the metro bullshit.

why duel boot when you can use virtual machines?

Thanks but no thanks fam.

windows 10 was built from the ground up you to track you idiot.

it was created as a hobby by 2 guys and it's gaining momentum, next update is going to be great.

Looks as good as the Switch!

I had issues with the controller as well.
I updated my MOBO's Bios.
No more problems been about a month now.

it barely matters for home users since people pirate/use linux/buy prebuilts it's an arm and a leg for businesses though

i'm running word 2016 on windows 7 computers at work, i've never seen an issue

But goy, just trust x86! Intel is your friend, my fellow gentile!

xbox one controller works natively with windows and is better.

Fucking drivers, everytime.
Considering you already downloaded the driver from microsoft… Try plugging it into another usb slot, sometimes it just works.

I have one for the few PC games that I play that require these fancy new controllers with analogs and shit.

It stopped working a month or two ago after many years of service. I am just using my PS3 controller now. Got one a few years ago for a very good price.

The 360 controller is good, though. The d-pad is horrendous, but it's a huge controller. I like massive controllers.

I would like to one day make my own controller. A gigantic controller that no woman in the world could possibly lift. A real man's controller, made of wood, and filled with lead. Or maybe I could just build the controller around a bowling ball, or something like that.

Has anyone ever done this? Should I ask /fit/ instead?

Blind luck masterrace

It's what happens when you have a functioning 360 controller.

If it doesn't work immediately, it's probably not going to work.

Does anyone else have any issues with ds4windows on windows 7? I have an issue where I plug my controller in before I launch it and it refuses to go on, crashing immediately. Usually after a computer restart I open it before plunging in the controller, and it works fine even if I plug my controller in, though I have to restart after closing it. I have a other computer with windows 8.1 and it works fine on there.

it's pretty obvious from your description that you're using a bad driver or missing a dependancy

So should I try to re download the 360 drivers, and I also don't know what a dependency is.

I've got a knockoff 360 controller that required going into Device Manager to get it working, on W7. Can't remember what I did though.You can also use the DM to update the drivers, which never (rarely) hurts.

This is what happens when you have street shitters make your drivers.