Let's talk about dead/agonizing genres you would like to see making a comeback in the current gen

Let's talk about dead/agonizing genres you would like to see making a comeback in the current gen.

I will start with text adventures.

They were a nice way to practice typing as a kid. Also, it was a nice touch getting funny answers everytime you tried weird actions (for instance, "lick door")

user I have some bad news for you.

I didn't play it, but I heard it's a CYOA not a text adventure.

Text adventures and CYOAs, too bad SJW hacks have a vice-like grip on them.

On-Rail shooters, especially those with multiple paths. They really are a relic of the past sadly.

The real tragedy is that someone with actual skills could make a decent, thoughtful and sympathetic game about living with depression but instead we got… that.

Honestly I never liked guessing what you can and can't do in text adventures, I would spend more time typing invalid commands than actually playing the game.
I would like to see something like that again but with a clear and detailed command structure, hang on that does exist.

Unlikely since depressed people have trouble being productive. Really makes you think, considering who made the "game".

It still wouldn't be fun.

Guessing is half the fun though bad. Imagine there's a flask, but you can't get it. And you'd just have to sit there and imagine why on Earth you can't get ye flask! Because the game's certainly not going to tell you.

RTS, specifically RTS that include lengthy, high-quality story campaigns a la AoM/W3, with creative in-engine cutscenes and an editor for modder campaigns
except since it's current year and RTS are frequently done by small groups on low budgets, even if they did come back they'd likely all be pozzed to shit

doesn't DQ boil down to a bunch of rephrasings of "just go out and do fun stuff, get over it"

I think so. From what I remember of the snippets I've seen it's written nothing like someone who actually has depression.

oldschool AGI games like KQ, SQ, LSL would be awesome as a come back. There are a few of these games going around but in general it's deader than disco and the ones that are around aren't that good.

woah who could've thought

Oh some of them probably do, Literally Who seems pretty manipulative. Probably has borderline personality disorder or something.

Honest-to-goodness simulation games. Hell, I'd even take old-Maxis tier.
EA CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES

Anything coming out today would be trash.

Interactive fiction has actually had this really active scene for quite a while now. No promises that it isn't all just SJW shit nowadays though.

Living with depression isn't either.

>>>/tumblr/