Go there and press button

Jokes aside, this game is a master piece.

It gives you an experience similar to Half-Life.
Hours of complete immersion.

After the disaster that was Aliens: Colonial Marines, we got this gem.

AVP for Atari Jaguar, AVP1999, AVP2, and now this.
All great games.

AVP 2010 was average. 5/10.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want faggots that have never watched Alien to go.

I meant 70's, chill the fuck out nigger.

I agree OP, it's certainly the best looking walking simulator in a while.

It was released in 79. Calling it an 80's film isn't that bad. It's not like OP said the first Star Wars was an 80's film.
I still haven't played Isolation is it really that good and worth it?

Utter trash, kys.

No. The touted ONE ALIEN WITH PERFECT AI outright cheats, the rest of the gameplay is 40 hours of the same 3 minigames.

Good atmosphere by the beginning, then it drones on and on, and the ending was so damn anti-climactic.

Spoiler alert: there's more than 1 alien

And he doesn't cheat, he is just smart. He adapts to your playstyle. If you use the flamethrower too much, eventually he'll become resistant to it. If you make too much noise, he will hunt you down. No cheating, you just suck at the game fam.

There's nothing wrong with the DLC, they make you reenact scenes of the fucking movie which is great.

Get it. It's very good, especially if you watch the movie first.

I like Aliens better but both are great at what they do.

I dropped it as soon as the Alien appeared because I was scared
Up until then it was great though

It blatantly teleports around.

that isn't ai you dumb nig.
An enemy getting resistant to fire after having fire used on it is a mechanic program into the game.
Ai would have the unit change behavior or strat based on the situation.

I'm not really to doom/gloom about the quality of the board but there really seems to be a huge influx of retards who haven't a clue what they are discussing.

so fucking smart, literally top percentile :^)

I found the ending neat.

Makes you wonder if she was facehugged and has an alien embryo inside. While floating in space she is picked up by a ship, and the whole story repeats itself with another ship or station getting fucked

Except the majority of the time you never see it, how is that teleporting around?

When there's 1 alien, you rarely see it.
When there's more, you begin to see them more often. Makes perfect sense.

Sevastopol is big, but not that big. It's not like they introduced the creature right off the bat. It takes a while before he is even shown, and he is not even the only threat in the station. Androids and other people are as well.

Thanks for the bump.

Oh you crafty whore

she lives

Finally someone on this board with a lick of fucking sense.
I still remember faggots here defending Rebellions turds.

good joke m'lad
go back to cuckchan to praise your SJW games

It'll crawl into a vent while respawning behind you at the same time. So not only did they lie about "ONE ALIEN" concerning the story but also the gameplay.

Sadly I can't find the video on YT because the place is so shat up with le scary LP crap.

Now that's a goon

Just like the original movie. Fucking trash.

He posted on the Gamergoy thread as well.

Kill yourself

uninstall.exe

chill out

Vasquez is a strong female marine?

Oh no, the Aliens movie is SJW trash!

Wait that wasn't a man this whole time?

I know that's bait but still. Which generation comes after Z? Because we seem to have a bunch of toddlers posting.

No is shitting on Aliens, they are shitting on the game.
This is like weebs when you insult their favorite anime, and they accuse you of hating all anime, not just the shit they love to slurp down.

It's easy to mistake her for one.

The first half is really tense and atmospheric. Then there happens something in the plot which i don´t want to spoiler so you fight the next few hours against creepy androids, but which gets boring pretty fast. Then the ending hour is tense as fuck again. Make of that what you will.

It doesn´t teleport around. The player is just a center of general atraction for the alien. So when the player moves around, the alien will move around with him. You´re basically a fix star and the alien is a planet which orbits around you. It´s debatable if this is cheating or not. But then again, pretty much every A.I. ever created is cheating in some way or form. The good devs just hide it so it doesn´t feel like cheating.

That game will always disturb me because you can hear the wet sound of you getting face fucked if you get taken out by a facehugger.

It's a walking simulator with some tasks thrown in to make it seem like a game, but it's a top notch walking simulator.
It's amazing in VR, but I'm not sure if that's possible anymore. They never officially supported it, and the support that the community patched in was quickly broken by subsequent firmware patches.

How so?

It does teleport, actually. It jumps up into a vent, vanishes, and then appears at another vent instantly. You can see this in action using various methods. They try to disguise it, though, with the moving blips on the radar and such.
There's also more than one alien on the station, well before the nest segment in the reactor, and you can occasionally get one to pop out while another is actively drooling from a vent.
You can also get the alien to kill you before its cutscene reveal if you're loud as absolute fuck.

All that said, I enjoy the alien's behavior for the most part. It gets a bit funky when you hide under things, and with VR it can't see you if you're leaning around corners or over tabletops, but that's not a huge deal.

It simulates walking, user. I'd have thought that was fairly obvious.

All you're doing is going from point to point pressing keyboard buttons that appear on your screen. There's enemies, but you can walk past all of them without confrontation.
This is more observation than criticism, since I enjoyed it.

But, they technically are…

by that logic, doom is a running/jumping simulator

By that logic pretty much every game in history is a walking simulator.

You learn every day something new i guess. It doesn´t change the fact though, that the AI of the alien, while it actuallly walks around the level, is pretty good.

But there isnt a single alien, and that is confirmed in the game.

pussy detected.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Hard for me to not get a boner during this game. I just wish it was more modable so I could put Ripley in her underwear and have the ayylian rape her.

You can't jump in Doom.

First third or so of the game is fantastic. Top tier atmosphere. Then the second kind of burns out and the third is just a frustrating grind I wanted to end.

That Alien Resurrection game on the PS1 is pretty spoopy

the alien was really cool… until you realise you're going to see him all over the place all the time and he randomly pops in and out of vents and hope you like crafting noisemakers to distract him all the fucking time.

It was very pretty though and the androids you fuck up were pretty creepy and cool. Just felt too long and frustrating. It would have been way scarier if you weren't constantly running into the alien and it was used sparingly and fairly as opposed to what they ended up doing.

The AI rubberbands, there are mods which change that so the AI roams much further away but the constant tension doesn't exist anymore but with that trade off comes the alien's appearance being much more exciting when it happens. It also has an obsession with lockers.

Top-tier gaym, but one that took way too fucking long. They should have ended the game rigth after you got rid of the first ayy – there was no tension afterwards as you just went and blasted androids to the sillicon hell with all those guns you couldn't use while the ayy was still around – nothing to be afraid of anymore.

the game's 4 endings the fucking thing goes on for way to fucking long . then there's DLC

the game should have been 6-8 hours its like fucking 20

the first Star Wars film I would argue because it came out in 77. Regardless it's a pretty autistic argument.

Seems the consensus is that it's worth a play and that it's has an acquired taste. Thanks, anons, I'll borrow it from my roommate when I can.

It doesn't cheat, it adapts to your play style. You can test it yourself.

* If you sneak all the time the alien will start popping out of vents more and roam around in an attempt to get a visual on you
* If you hide all the time then the alien will start leaving rooms only to quickly run back again, hoping to catch you (it does this to rooms randomly, even rooms that you're not in)
* If you distract the alien with noise all the time it will loiter around less and less and finally start booking it back the way it came and run all over the place hoping to catch you
* If you run and break line of sight all the time then the alien will start using vents to cut off your path

These are just a few. Simply put, the alien is programmed to be on your ass as much as possible, but the game does keeps track of a 'terror meter', meaning that if the alien has been too much of a pain in the ass (constant close proximity to the player) the game will call it back to leave you alone for a while. It's pretty clever really.

The creepiest thing about the androids is, that when 1 sees you all of them see you, and they will start moving to cut off your escape routes.

If you're too distant from the alien, as in very far away, the game manager (not the alien's AI manager) gives the Alien manager a tip of the general area you are in. The ay lmao then uses the vents to jet over to where you are (without teleporting. It never teleports.) and THEN starts looking for you.

Noise and playstyle adaption are part of your actual interactions with it.

It also has a proximity meter that actually tells it to piss off if it's too close to you for too long without it finding you.
This meter is ALSO in the game manager and hidden from the Alien manager, it just gets told by the game manager to piss off for a minute.

Here you go, this is a good explanation:

I never expected this to be as good as it was, but then again my expectations were extremely low at the time

What? Given it has more flexibility than most other A.I but it will still straight up sprint to your area if you make too much progress without it being close even when it wouldn't have any business doing so.
Medical was a painful grind to play through

Imn still surprised by the fact that creative assembly, wich i only know from the total war games, managed to do a survival horror/fps like this and it actually turned out allright.

Well it wouldnt be fun if you managed to leave it behind two sections of the station ago and just walked aroudn withouth any threat.

There is no AI that doesnt cheat. Every single time they know more than they should, stats, locations etc. Why feel the need to lie? Because you dont want to be hars on the game you like?

The first three or four hours were really, really good. After that it became tedium and boredom, and it's almost a 20 hour game, with two or three false endings and it just keeps going and going and going, and after getting the flammenwerfer the alien becomes more of an annoying fly buzzing around while you do the go there and press button routine.

I'd argue this is one of the few games where it could have been 4 hours long with half the price and it would've been a knock out of the park. However it kills itself with it's bloated length and lack of original content to deal with throughout the game.

Yeah I do understand that they need some way to keep the Alien in the vicinity but given that they already implemented multiple behavioral changes I just don't get why they didn't went with a solution that simply makes the Alien start sweeping areas or, since it's supposed to be pretty smart, linger at chokepoints.
I really liked what they did with the game and would like to see another one but after hyping the A.I I expected something better.

The game knowing and the AI knowing are two different things.

You're underestimating the size of the station. The reason they didn't was because the Alien would fuck off and be inside entirely different parts of the station from you, if you were remotely competent at the game since it didn't realize you're in an entirely different section of the station. This can be demonstrated by modding the Alien's behavior to cover the entire station, and to make it's rubberbanding extremely small. You could quite literally end up never encountering the alien until you hit a scripted sequence.

Yes you can nigga, keybinds

How does one become resistant to fire?

I never noticed this. I did notice that he begins to not give a shit and will become more aggressive after continual use. I've flamed him just see him immediately exit the vent he escaped from.

Go to bed Jim.

Someone did a speedrun and completed it in 2 hour 40 minutes.

Because otherwise the flamethrower becomes too good. Just scare him away with fire everytime he appears.

They did this deliberately so you can't just abuse the flamethrower and think you never need to hide anymore.

Alien and Aliens are both excellent.

Alien 3 was average.

Resurrection was mostly awful.

Isn't the first AvP game now open-source.

Resurrection was comedy kino and Winona Ryder is a cute, it's the best film in the franchise.

Go back the Facebook-lite that you call your board.

For me, the sound design and its integration with gameplay made the game worthwhile almost singlehandedly.