Morrowind Thread

Under moon and sky, outlander, we greet you warmly.

Morrowind is now 15 years old and I thought it appropriate to have a thread. As luck would have it two new mods from Project Tamriel were just released.

This mod adds a beta release of the Reach region of Skyrim.
Adds the island of Stirk off the west coast of cyrodiil to the game. Also a beta release.
I have yet to try them out, but they both look pretty darn nifty.

So tell me, what character are you roleplayan, what lore are you contemplatan, and what mods are you downloadan.

Wealth beyond measure, outlander, wealth beyond measure.

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/kateri_t/status/857232170678722564
mobile.twitter.com/kateri_t/status/853968932469972993
youtu.be/f7_-vEsQT7A
project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=276&start=90
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42937/?
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/MegaArchive
mega.nz/#!3Q931DQZ!1c9dGjctI_TqxEme3lONJMHOfBfesp4bMNQOLDUKJYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Morrowind 2017 trailer

>>>/out/

This game is still alive? Has it gone f2p yet?

I wish morrowind was a good game
I wish there was a good elderscrolls game period

Your (You), sir.

When's that big mod coming out?

thanks but there's no making anything in this game any good. You need to be an autistic table top fag.

You only get one (You) for that sort of bait. At least construct a 'Pity me and try to justify my continued playing the game!' narrative by filling this thread with bullshit about how you couldn't manage to do X extremely simple thing because you really are just that retarded and it's totally not an act. Put some effort into it, young man.

Do you need to be an autistic table top fag to play icewind dale, neverwinter nights, planescape torment, fallout 2 and baldur's gate too? Because you know, they are even closer to table top autism.

Morrowind is an example why mods can't fix games. They never made a mod for good combat.

For the unironic Morrowind hater, this user has done a fair bit of groundwork in finding you legitimately bad games to go shit on. I would take advantage of the opportunity he has created for you.

fucking yes

Yeah, nothing good has ever come from tabletop as far as videogames go right?

Tell us more about that.

Summer really snuck up on me this year

YES!

>>>/4cuck/

Both are easy to install. Get Tamriel Data, then the mod and it'll work out of the box.

Skyrim mod feels right, although I didn't get to talk to people much or do any quests yet. It's only the Reach released, though.

Stirk looks a bit more polished. Again, didn't get to look for quests yet.

Something that's bothering me is that Morrowind, even with the code patch, doesn't allow for a mini map overview of these distant regions. I have no idea if it's a limitation, wrong patch, OpenMW or a programing decision.

I really really like Stirk.
Skyrim look like a good start, too.

tabletop has been holding back video games in the west significantly, video games are not tabletop and it is cancerous to use that train of thought while designing games and it leads to absolute shit like planet escape tournament

What's the status of OpenMW? Is it fully playable yet?

This is my aproximate of what they've released.

A long while ago. The only question is whether you think it's worth switching to. I'd say wait a few more days for 0.42 to come out. They're wrapping it up.

Yes but expect bugs.

I'll concede modern tabletop has been infected with the same cancer modern vidya has, but-

That's a fairly large chunk of land. I guess I'll reinstall morrowind after 0.42 comes out and install all these new mods.

Anyone know why scrawl's patreon is disabled? I wanted to kick some bucks his way.

The code patch already has the map at the largest size it's possible to implement in the original Morrowind engine. OpenMW will be able to/can do it better.

Essentially. It's very functional and also has generally better performance.

Already implemented?

Yes.

if you have a good group of players then tabletop beats video games any day

but if you don't then that's where video games shine. video games are for people who don't have friends

The possibility of putting in essentially unlimited size world maps and shit is there, I don't know if anyone did it.

it went f2p forever ago

Why did they make the Ayylmaoid Ruins look exactly how they do in Oblivion? Couldn't they have done their own little spin on it? I'm sure there were different cultures and architectural differences in Ayleid Society. Might as well go play fucking Oblivion at that point.

It's the exact opposite. Oblivion is literally depreciated now. Might as well play Morrowind and not Oblibiob.

Stirk is like right the fuck next to Cyrodil, why not use the OB style when it's a good distinctive look and it makes it blend without having to explain it being significantly different?

That's been the case since it came out.

It's been a long time but the only good things about Oblivion that I remember is some of the cities look nice and certain questlines are cool. The wilderness and a majority of the dungeons feel generated and not handcrafted like Morrowind's, and are boring as fuck. The art design and story are also much less interesting.

TES went downhill after Morrowind.

You can see on Stirk release that it's pretty tropical. Project Cyrodiil guys decided to start with Stirk as a showcase and learning experience for the mainland. And if you're thinking of mainland jungles - yes, that's what they're gonna do.

Does anyone have plans to get a multiplayer server running once networking for OpenMW is complete? Also how would this even work? Would items and NPC's respawn?

That looks great. I'm happy to see these projects coming along, I've been keeping an eye on them for some time.

Excellent, I want muh distant lands

I like the way Ayleid ruins look in Oblivion, it's just that their layout is boring and linear in Oblivion because bethesda forgot how to design dungeons

I would say Skyrim was a step up in some spots and a step even further down in others. It doesn't matter, OpenMW will let us make the game Bethesda is too busy making turds to peddle to normalfag scum to make.

Shit like this is going to be amazing. The Skyrim mod is going to incorporate lots of lore Skyrim shit on. TR already has incorporated lots of the same and is going to do more. It's good shit.

It probably will come in a lot of flavors when it does. I personally am excited to see co-op be a thing, not really into the idea of playing the game as-is in a more large scale multiplayer but OpenMW has so much room to become totally divergent from Morrowind as a game that maybe it will end up appealing to me somehow somewhere for some reason.

Reminder that in this case, Dagoth Ur is the populist analogue to Trump trying to install a nationalistic sense of pride and Vivec is the subversive globalist shitting up the place so he can keep fucking weird things and CHIM CHIM CHIM CHIM CHIMing. The meme is SHIT, it's SHIT, do you hear me? SHIT!

Also I'm planning to make a cooking skill for OpenMW, I always found it weird that you only could eat raw stuff or make potions from nothing out of it in Morrowind. Plus you got a lot of fireplaces, spit roasts, cooking fires and cooking equipment in Morrowind. I think they wanted a cooking skill in but scraped it.
Seeing how easy it is to implement new skills this should be a fun task to do.

Morrowind needs lots of comfy like that, it would be like an extension of MW Complete (I think that was the one with cooking, that or MW Crafting) from the time before Christ.

Normally I wouldn't think that a game would benefit from Co-Op but the companions you can have in Morrowind are very lackluster and the only friend you can make and develop some sort of story with is a Khajiit in Pelagiad. This is one of Morrowind's few flaws. It's a lonely game with lots of rude NPC's.

Even much older games like Zelda/Planescape/Arcanum beat out Morrowind in regards to this sort of character building. Most of the interesting lore in Morrowind is hidden or in books, and it doesn't bring you to actually like the characters any better. Rather you get to learn how everyone is a dick but for different reasons, and then in-game they stand in one spot doing nothing for the rest of eternity. And what little NPC animations there are are terrible.

If Morrowind had better companions and NPC schedules then it would be getting closer to perfect. Look at Julan the Ashlander mod for example, Morrowind desperately needed characters like that. This is one of the few things I can say that Skyrim does better.

I don't know that feel at all. I filled the gaps in my imagination because I'm not a fucking normalfag who needs it illustrated to him.

Back to to the tabletop with you. VIDEO games are meant to be good at illustration, the one and only thing they have over tabletop. Also what kind of person doesn't enjoy likable and developed characters in a game? Enjoy your lonely OUTLANDER SIMULATOR.

Yeah, if people are gonna play with Tamriel Reborn and/or other land masses new skills, mini games etc are needed. Vanilla Morrowind is small but big enough to keep interest peaking, Morrowind with the whole of Morrowind isnt.

It would help if they added actual stuff for you to find, exploring and knowing you wont find anything good because there isnt any really dampens the whole thing. At best you will find some shit like a glass dagger

A mod that adds extra loot to the world and changes the hiding place for many items would be cool and encourage exploration. Not as interesting when you got all the spots memorized already.

Didn't they just made a couple of rooms then used a program to generate dungeons using them?

No. Oblivion had one guy that made all the fucking dungeons. Todd is that much of an asshole.

But I'm sure he didn't made them by hand, I remember going through the same room layouts in a dozen different places. It was specially noticeable on fort ruins.

I liked lots of characters and found them plenty developed. Julan was a shit mod made by some libtard whore, if it were in the original game I'd never have touched it. Companions are awful and games focused on them too much just turn into Bioshit. Your problem here is you think Morrowind doesn't illustrate enough to convey its point, but it does, you're just a brainlet. It's like with the combat, where for some reason the incredibly minor absence of a specific 'miss' animation somehow renders them unable to determine what happened when it's fucking obvious as shit. Reading into things is not limited to tabletop, it will always be present in video games because video games will never be a 100% accurate depiction of every aspect of their world and everything in it unless we go full 'simulation inside a simulation' with straight up god computers at some point, which is probably not in the immediate future.

TES is the last fucking series that should do it even if it were remotely feasible, by the way. It would work to a point, but the game is inherently based around you as an individual inserting your psyche into the game and warping its vagueness to suit yourself. It lends itself to the themes of the world as a dream, it provides a built-in defense against series crippling faggot shit that is always brought in when some mediocre writer/personality decides they need to put in their fursona/stronk womyn companion/Serana (nuff said)/anything Bioware has ever fucking made (CANCER) and have them take the focus from every other damn thing in the game. Morrowind did not need your shit, but it still gives you the opportunity to mod it in and shit it up. How courteous is that?

Definitely leagues better than them standing around. I mean shit, now they walk from place to place and pretend to do something. Kind of lets me down though, pretty big flaws in it right? I mean, they just walk from place to place for eternity! When is a GOOD dev going to sit down and really pound out a true life schedule with full free fucking will and routine bathroom trips with realistic shit physics? I mean good lord, my autism totally prevents me from elaborating on these schedules (or the NPC standing around but totally being said to do shit off-camera and obviously not canonically just standing around) in my understanding of what's happening! Go play fucking Dwarf Fortress if you need this brand of sperg food.

There is a video about the making of Oblivion and it shows him making them by hand. He was probably overworked and stopped giving a shit at some point.

Why?

To keep out those fucking Colovian nigger-spawn.

Even Oblivion and Skyrim has decent NPC schedules. It does not have to include them "taking a shit" as you say and you're just exaggerating to try and make some failed point.

Also I doubt you know anything about the author of the Julan mod or how she's a "libtard whore". Probably another product of your imagination, after all you did say you like to fill in the gaps…

Probably sacked by Redguards multiple times. Sload are also near.

When will Tamriel Rebuilt add Sload to the game anyway? That and tree villages. Both things from the concept art that weren't added to the game.

It's supposed to feel that way though. Morrowind, Vvardenfell in particular, is a harsh land filled with marauding packs of lizard-birds, disease, and a giant rape volcano. As such, the locals are appropriately surly and distrustful of you. You don't survive in a chaotic province under the looming threat of a pseudo-god who turns people into elephant man zombies by being kind and offering important information to total strangers.
This, however, I agree with. There are some mods that add NPCs that add a little more life to the world but I'd like to see the vanilla NPCs actually walk around and do chores/sleep/eat and such.

Yeah, I think the later dungeons he just copied and pasted. And who wouldnt do the fucking same.

Maybe in Dres area of Tear. Otherwise, Thras is too far away.

So you get your hands on some sweet loot and you want to sell it but Morrowind is a land of dirt farmers and paupers, where the fuck do I sell my shit?

creeper

Daily reminder that /tes/ exists and could use some love

Funny how games made later in the series had more features. Almost like there were constraints based on available hardware at the time, among other things.

To the mudcrab.

Only babies sell to the easter egg merchants. It's not how Morrowind is meant to be played.

Funny how even Majora's Mask, a game that came out years earlier, has NPC schedules. No excuses, Bethesdrone.

It's still just an abstraction that is meant to indicate to you that the NPC is doing something, an entirely unnecessary one because if you weren't a retard you'd already know that from the fact there's fucking nothing to suggest they aren't doing something. You have to do more mental gymnastics to think Morrowind NPCs just sit around in-lore than to think they don't, considering that if they did it would mean basically nothing that is canonically happening is happening. If that's not good enough for you, you shouldn't be settling for them just walking around and not actually living out their lives either.

Kateri's posts on the official forums mod section about her fag-enabling mod told me everything I need to know about her and her beliefs. The mod is shit, in any case.

Who cares faggot, it's just an option and not shoved in your face, it's no more fag-enabling than other things in the game.

This is a lazy falacy. Vivec is a madman in power who you can kill and could argue game pushes you to do it.
Curio is a degenerate there to show how low House Hlaalu sunk. They are both valuable additions there to flesh out the world and neither is "fag enabling".

ESO > Skyrim > Oblivion > Arena > Fallout 4 > Fallout 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Morrowind

This is a factual power ranking you cannot dispute.

So what do you do with a 5000+ value item then?

Fallout 4 > ESO > Skyrim > Fallout New Vegas > Fallout 3 > Oblivion > Morrowind > Daggerfall > Arena

You're not looking at it from the right viewpoint. NPC schedules aren't to solve a lore or immersion issue, but a gameplay issue. When most town NPCs just randomly roam around outside, you can easily break into their homes and use it for yourself. Night and day don't affect how you go about being a thief, because nothing changes except light level. A lot of the fun in the DB questline in Oblivion was learning the behaviors of targets and taking them out when the time was right. NPCs actually going about their daily lives adds a whole lot of interactivity and liveliness to the world.

You forgot to put Daggerfall in there. And, if you're including ESO, you might as well put in Battlespire and Redguard.

Surely there'd be lore friendly collectors of antiques and trinkets in Morrowind. Perhaps you'd need to convince them the item you have is worth the gold before you're able to sell it to them.

You have to undress for another man to progress in House Hlaalu. It LITERALLY is fag enabling because you have no choice but to do it.

There's the museum in Mournhold, but they only buy a selection of the unique artifacts in the game.

Technically, it's only fag-enabling if you're playing a male character.

Then don't join the worst house. Problem solved. Bonus points for killing him if you're into heavy larping.

Speaking of Kateri, something that might be interesting to note
mobile.twitter.com/kateri_t/status/857232170678722564

I want you to take a minute to think about the scope of the NPC cast of Majoras Mask and compare that with the number of NPCs in Morrowind.

Are you ok?

Okay, I'm mad and I didn't even play the companion mod.

It could have been done they probably just didn't want to put the time into it. Also not all of the NPC's needed schedules, it makes sense for some of them to remain static. Oblivion did it. Skyrim did it. A MOD DID IT. I said NO EXCUSES Bethesdrone.

Extra coding does not require better hardware.

The worst part is that I finally found a photo of her and she's a typical libtard. Dyed hair and Beta orbiter included
mobile.twitter.com/kateri_t/status/853968932469972993

Vivec is a hermaphrodite, it's as straight as it is gay. I care, you nigger, and it's never going to be in my game and it isn't in the vanilla game. I've won.

Meh, I hated the stealth garbage in OB. The DB was the biggest mistake that game made, the lore was horrendously wrong everywhere and it was pure edge shit. The rest of the game was terrible, but if I actually had to pick one reason to never play it again I'd say the DB existing is a good one. Skyrim's just as bad on both counts, the Daggerfall DB was a much healthier balance of just business nothin' personnel murderer thugs and dark edgy darkness. All a tangent to the mechanics of course.

I feel so fucking vindicated.

If you aren't playing a male character that's fag enabling so it's fag enabling either way.

Don't forget, totally non-canon as well. Based Neloth shitting on the genderbenders and the women in gaming, practically the TES Acid Rain.

It's even more pathetic that Gamergate lost a war against those kinds of people, isn't it?

It's not like their win condition was even possible to begin with, at least not without escalating it to Holla Forums levels. Gamergate still gets constant mentions and asshurt from the snowflake squad, so I don't think it was a total defeat so much as just a petering out.

Bethesda literally went bankrupt woking on Morrowind for 5+ years in the 90s when the cycle of even AAA and not indie game studios like Bethesda, was no more than 2 years. They coded questlines on weekends at home just to include them after they've been scrapped for not enough time.

Technically Vivec is a bisexual boy with a cock torture fetish. And it's a "he". I don't go, but I heard enough to know leddit is pushing for xir when an ingame source explicitly states Vivec wants to be called a guy. Partially because then he can be seen as a faggot, which he gets off to as a god of shit eating grin and uncomfortable hidden aspects

I don't care about gamergoy either way. They're the same liberal people, just signal less.

tbh she's not even that bad looking, some people can pull off dyed hair quite well. also if you want a girl that plays the same games as you then you've always got to make a few sacrifices.

anyways, would bang, and i appreciate the mod even more now.

We let them in, we forgot something important.
An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates opened.
Truth is, we were destined to lose. The brainwashing was already implemented within the education system for 2 generations.

You don't know how close we are to a perfectly simulated bowel movement in the Gamebryo engine.

She looks like an ugly half-bald dyke.

Speaking of beta orbiters…

so basically like someone that would live in vvardenfell

not sure what the problem is exactly

she's well-cultured

for fucks sake.

Fucking Bobbi Starr's favourite game is Morrowind, and she's probably less of a whore too. Seeing as how Kateri pushes polygamy in her mod.

Vivec has a gold/gray pussy in there no matter what SHE wants to be called. Fucking cunt shouldn't have murdered the Hortator and stolen the godhood if SHE wanted me to respect HER pronouns.

I don't want a girl that plays the same games as me. They'd be wasted on a female at best, and at worst she'd make me want to leave her when she started telling me about whatever pleb tier shit she got up to in them. I can just hear the unwarranted excitement in her grating voice as she completely glosses over large portions of what took place in a game scenario and draws insane conclusions from her warped version of reality. Just fucking kill me now and spare me the trouble, and that's if she were a 15/10 who Kateri would probably try to assassinate in her sleep for being better looking than her.

Androgyny is sometimes depicted in Vivec as well, but not as overtly. He (notice the pronoun) is almost always represented as a male, though often with homosexual or bisexual tendencies
- Approaching Vivec

Start a collection you can take screenshots of later, or decorate with it.

there are also mods that perfectly recreate and simulate the female hormone cycle and pregnancy god bless

S H E




HA HA, TIME FOR SPOOKY!

These are truly great times. I cannot wait till I can piss, shit and menstruate in some Hlaalu's ancestral tomb.

I still don't get why no one ever remodeled/textured the Illuminated Order player skeleton so it isn't so jarringly dissimilar to the original skeleton monsters/containers or god forbid, much higher quality modded ones. I'm hoping shit like that and Great House Dagoth and the other less notable mods that do creature transformations will be revisited under OpenMW at some point. We really can do a lot better than we could then.

Gonna go to Stirk and sweat your bones out in the summer time?

Born a man, always a man. Same with Vivec.

Sure am, and I finally got a fix for those weird sounds that would play from creatures because of the House Telvanni overhaul.

I hope custom spells also get a look, imagine being able to actually add effects rather than just scripting custom spells that drain 1 fatigue then run the actual spell.

Since none of us played it yet, I hope you're gonna tell us about it in a bit more detail tha usually.

It ain't called the bitter coast for nothin'.

That's not even a look, that's a lock. Shit's at least part of what people originally started lusting after an open source MW engine to begin with, before a lot of the other shit like the graphics and performance upgrades became huge concerns going forward through the years. The shit that's about to happen is something I've waited so long for, it's going to be beautiful.

That would depend on how long it takes me to install it. If it's separate from the other areas so I can just install it then it will be easy, if not then it might take a while.

Fucking degenerate filth.

why? just why?

tbh OpenMW performance isn't much better performance wise. In fact, it can get a bit worse.
But it does negate many problems such as scripts breaking half way thru Skyrim world wise and being unable to add multiple world spaces. They're going to imlpement multiple water levels. Yes, the original game has only one water level wew

Aw fuck, this mod reminds me I have to go generate my distant land again.

Hey, faggot. Let me run something by you, do you know what open source fucking means? Do you realize that Morrowind can't utilize modern resources worth shit as it stands? There is nowhere to go but up, even if the performance was so bad it was unplayable it would be better than the original engine because it has somewhere to go. It also started as a fucking single cave with a corprus stalker and no collision, so you might consider cutting them some slack considering the game is basically entirely playable on it now and comparative in performance (either slightly better or worse you're still talking about a miracle). I know how the water works by the way, I didn't just get here from fucking Skyrim like you.

Seek help user.

Seek an early death.

Edgy.

They're adding in every single Daedric realm right?

It is, but it doesn't mean I don't sincerely want you to do it.

Sure, why not. You just need to form a mod team to make Moonshadow.

He's not wrong though, the new open morrowind is much more moddable than retail, and I believe also a 64bit system as well.

Back to halfcuck.

You seem like a very angry person.

Why would he be wrong? Nobody said anything on the contrary. It's just not very optimized, which took two sentence out of everything in the post defending OpenMW as the best moddable thing ever.

not an argument reported

Not to mention that you can have multiple data folders.
Do you know what that means?
A mod manager that puts every mod into a separate DATA folder, which means you'll never have trouble uninstalling a shitty mod again.

I will still find a way to break something I assure you.

Been here since Goymoregate when the Cripple was shilling for gibs users, I'm not leaving until the ADL convinces a government to shut us down for good or Jim Watkins finally sells our IPs to Mossad and has all of us killed.

Extremely so. I hate the fuck out these Skyrim fags so much. You don't even know, it is the central point of my life. I wish they'd all just fuck back off to a game they can wrap their woefully limited minds around, but they won't. The Eternal N'wah will haunt this game forever, asking retarded questions and whining that 'dey can't hit shieeet' all fucking day.

its not our fault skyrim is the superior game

Wait, do people honestly think Skyrim is good or is this bait?

It's at least a competent rape simulator if you get the right mods.

What do you think

No better dont reply. No one thinks skirim is better

good

i do

Dubs confirm bait. Skyrim can never be a good rpg, but with the right mods it can be a pretty comfy survival simulator.

SON OF A BITCH

I prefer Skyrim because it's fun to share stories about my Skyrim character. I role play in Skyrim, and I just like to stalk the most attractive women in the game. Then I kill them, collect their souls, and use them to enchant my weapons and armor and then I name the pieces after them. I have a almost a full suit of armor. It's great way to spend time in the game outside the main quest line. I have to stalk for a while to make sure they are worthy, and I've ritualized the killing on their death-day, so that takes a while too.

My other character has a harem of NPCs I keep in a mountain palace. I've created them to look like women I know, and used photos of the women to create custom textures for their skin. It takes a lot of mods, but it's worth it, and people in gaming better understand the effort and pleasure.

When will OpenMW hit version 1? I want to replay Morrowind but I'm waiting for this.

It's not even the people that think Skyrim is good that are the real problem, they're off playing Skyrim, they are a non-issue. It's the Skyrim tier people that come back and play Morrowind and rightfully believe it to be the best game, but for retarded reasons that do not at all conform to why I believe it to be the best game. It is not enough that they agree with me, they must do so for exactly the same reasons I have my opinions or else I cannot fucking stand them.

Work on the editor is going slowly. With the release that's coming in a few days it's no longer a problem game wise. It's almost ready for 1.0. It just won't until editor is finished.

You might be legitimately autistic.

woah

Please post your stories

Watch the sky.

Not today

It's "buy to play." You pay an upfront fee (I think $60) and that's it. You just have to pay for the expansions, if you want them. There's also a cash shop for cosmetics. It's actually a pretty reasonable business model.

I actually laughed. Have a (You).

Why aren't you using rad guns like in Memerim, skelebro?

What kind of a man joins House Hlaalu?

Telvanni best house

- Grasping Fortune

Obviously an sjw.

Dres best house

The new mudcrab type is called Mooncrab.

House Indoril a best.

wew lads

No exit to the top of the lighthouse? How do they keep the flame burning then? Immersion ruined forever.
Any ideas?

Everyone except nobility legaly considered a slave is too much for me. And I'm an edgelord.

I have not downloaded any gun mods for morrowind yet.

Maybe embed related will be up your alley.

dice rollin does suck though if it's a first person game…

Vivec for the most part did what was needed to be done.
Because of the way Chim works its real fucking hard to be wrong with your decisions.

And yet all five of those games are leagues better than any elderscrolls game…

If you were acquainted with how things work you would understand it varies based on context.

Has the performance improved on openmw?

What mod?

It's not even an exclusively first person game to begin with, and that's if you weren't a faggot and wrong for other reasons.

Vivec is an asshole, even if she knows exactly the right way to do something why would she do it that way unless it benefits her? CHIM is basically having the audacity to superimpose yourself over the actual universe by being more real than it and believing you are so despite realization to the contrary that might lead you to zero sum if you are not.

Stirk from the OP, of course.

Varla stone room after it's taken.

Vivec becomes sexless when achieving chim, because they mantel gods.
Every major and minor diety are aspects of each other, same with Deadra.
Because of that Vivec in a way mantles all feminine and masculine gods.

That's only a part of it.
CHIM is the potential to overcome the sleeping god to create a new reality, Vivec never went that far, as that would mean a completely new universe.

Time isn't a law in TeS its a part of god, meaning those with Chim have the ability to a degree to perceive and calculate, or back up and view it differently.

A good ruler is willing to sin and do the unthinkable so that the weight of the actions won't rest on the shoulders of the people.
Good things can come from bad actions, the entirety of the Universe was born from a god in another universe, fighting with his brother over a lover and both dying to the point he rejected the current reality and formed a new Universe which becomes the TES one.

Nice lore. Would be a shame if a dreamboy changed it…

So basically Daedra worship is the "Religion of Peace" in the elder scrolls universe.

Except basic worship of Deadra isn't usually a luciferic deal
You get what you paid for, usually.

Its champions that usually get fucked.

Not really. It's tolerated because Nibenay is a decentralized, but very important place.
Think Catholics crusading against Poland and Lithuania, but they can't because half the Popes and all of its mages came from there. So they have to tolerate non 9 divines there and sloppily justify it as MUH TRADITION (which is true, since Nibenayian daedra worship is a staple as old as humans on Tamriel).
If you want religion of peace, look at Ayleids and Meridia.

Meridia dindu nuffins nwah, she a gud girl who go ta church and fix up her life bix nood

Azura and meridia are good boys they dindu nothin to mortals

fuck another user outmemed me

By the gods! It's Thulsa Doom!

Love this stained glass. Blood soaked diamond, heart of the Empire, Amulet of Kings, Pelin-El the blood stained knight.

girls don't poop, and trannies are degenerate. it checks out.

Are those textures made from actual Greek or Roman (don't know how to tell the difference) carvings? I'm not really fond of that, if so.

Yeah, that worked out really well in the end didn't it.

#KVATCH LIVES MATTER

Yes they are. I don't like it either but Imperials really are are a partially pagan cults errr daedra cults worshiping and partially Catholic errrr 9 Divines Roman copy that deviates from it only somewhat in Nibenay

should complain about it on the TR forums tbh, seems like something they might change

Is there a recommend mod list floating around?

Project Cyrodiil has its own forums.

Here's a woke elderly citizen.

Chapel of Kynareth. Stained glass birds, makes sense… Is the picture Kynareth or Alessia, though. I think it might be Alessia. Strong mothery imaginery, winged (bull) reference, a red diamond - her soul. Could it be Kynareth, though?

Hopefully it's something that's just a placeholder, right now. I would hope that the modders would understand that using real world historical art is entirely lore breaking.

God, no.

Putting in effort requires money user, why don't we reinstate paid mods again so modders can get the 1% they deserve?

Mooncrab
Mooncrab
Cant you see?
Lizards and Elves should be hanging from trees

You know, I would love it if Province: Cyrodil included the depressed troll that kills itself in Oblivion. It would make for a nice easter egg.

I did a quick test. Gave myself 10k speed and water walked west. Got to Morrowind in a minute. So Stirk is in the same overworld.

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Nordic children. -t. Ulfric Stormcloak

To wrap it up:
There's three to five hours of content here, depending on your speed. Three quests, nothing special but works for me. Some interesting books.

Bosmer should be gassed

Are you sure?

I haven't played morrowind since the expansions came out, and I never bothered with the main quest past killing Caius Cosades and doing fuck all in roaming about. Did it with minimal mods. Did I miss out?

It's moon and star.

You are incorrect my friend and I encourage you to look it up.

Yes, the main quest has some really good parts.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. It's the best TES main quest (though thats a rather low bar to hurdle).

Vanilla Morrowind is still the best Morrowind. Tribunal just adds one city and wraps up the main story. Bloodmoon is 100% skippable TBH.

Tel Fyr is the best part of the MQ.

youtu.be/f7_-vEsQT7A

Is this some Berenstein shit?

Moon And Star is just the item.

You are just confusing two similar phrases, n'wah.

Yeah that's the joke made in his filename, congrats on being able to read

I actually played those two to completion. Made a broken as fuck scimitar named something too cheesy to mention in Mournhold and I still get flashbacks from goblins. Bloodmoon was comfy.

Speaking of Daedric equipment, it's probably better if we mod out the Daedric stuff lying around the world and make it so they only way to get it is in the Daedric realms. Makes it more of a reward once you finally pick them up.

Mournhold can go fuck itself, but bloodmoon is awesome. Loved building up raven rock and all the little sidequests on solstheim. It made me interested in the nords too. Shame skyrim fucked that up for me.

I think it's fine as is honestly. Problem is we all know where everything is.

It's not just that
Isn't part of the lore of Daedric equipment that they are actual Daedras form into equipment? I just thought it would be cool to get Daedric equip by beating a Daedra to death and forging it's corpse/soul into equipment.

That would be cool, but could quickly become tedious like dealing with golden saint souls.

Maybe make the daedric armor produced this way lighter. That would remove the biggest flaw that makes using daedric armor a pain in the ass, while rewarding you for the hard work? you could even leave the original daedric armor pieces intact and unwieldy in their weight so people will want to upgrade to "True Daedric" armor.

What did you play as before? a filthy elf?

elfs are fine tbh, just no altmer

Sounds good, though maybe Bound works better here, implying that since you forged it, it becomes bound to you.

I played a nord actually, but I just didn't care at all about their lore or style until solstheim.

I am vaguely certain I am headed in the right direction.

Only 10 thousand kilometers to go!

The creation of actual Daedric equipment (meaning not the shitty way Skyrim did it) has never been entirely explained, but it's said to be an incredibly difficult task that does involve binding a Daedra to the piece or something like that. I don't think entirely removing it from the mortal plane makes sense, as the stuff has been made before, and thus exists on Nirn, and the pieces would have to be out there for anyone in Tamriel to even know they exist. I feel making Daedric equipment something that's exclusively found in the Daedric realms cheapens it, as it's no longer an ancient relic steeped in history that you've managed to search out, but a special reward just for you because you're so special.

But on the other hand, leaving it as a collectathon can cheapen the act of finding them, especially since most people already know where to look.
Since you bring up ancient relics, why not just move them to places where it makes more sense. Places more well guarded like the Main vault of a Great House or in a locked box under the throne of Mournhold. And since they have a history, they should come pre-enchanted.

Are they even working on mainland Cyrodiil? Because as I recall stirk was released years ago and they seem to never have updated that area of the site again.

Wasn't that stirk for oblivion?

As for this mod
>Anvil and the rest of the southern Gold Coast is currently in construction as far as exteriors go, here's a link to the claim for Anvil (images to what they've done so far in the thread): project-tamriel.com/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=276&start=90

That's the plan at least.

They said there is a ton to explore under the sea between stirk and the coast so I think you have yet to see it all.

Sounds good. Hopefully they won't take notes from Oblivion when it comes to building Imperial City, and we will at least see river dragons.

Maybe levitation scrolls and potions? But then building an actual tower doesn't make much sense, as they could just put a large pyre o a column or a

It's probably pretty low on priority list. Which is a shame, because solads are very interesting race.
Best thing I managed to find was this mod:
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42937/?
It adds Solad Merchant in Stirk. I've been thinking of making my own sload mod, but right now I am not experienced enough to do it well.

Stop that shit.

Do they still have that stupid fucking casino and boating club? That shit is so out of place.

How is a gambling center out of place when Suran has a fucking strip club? As long as they don't literally have electronic slot machines, I fail to see the problem.

And I just realized Morrowind was the last TES game to get lewd in some fashion, unless you count the woman in Oblivion who's implied to be a necrophiliac.

Suran has a brothel, which have existed since time immemorial. The casino and boating club are massively out of place.

Well after wandering around for twenty minutes, I finally just went to ebonheart, and traveled to thirsk.

And you think gambling hasn't? Do I have to remind you that the Empire had space ships on giant moths at one point? TES isn't exactly in line with our own historical development.

It's a nice place. Funny to see elves running things in the empire even back then.

Some nice stuff here, wash basins make it look like people live here.

Got some nice new hats though.

You think he'd remember meeting a talking skeleton with a huge bone club and a silly hat.

HE'S A WITCH!

If they were calling and making it a gambling den I would be fine with it but they're not, they're making it a post-1931 US casino. Likewise with the boating club. I guarantee no developer in the old world would have even considered it.

I knew it was a nigger.

In general there isn't much here besides new meshes, and textures. A few new enemies, but not much. Have not been to the big ayleid ruin out in the sea though. Heading there before rapping up, and running off to skyrim.

A view good visuals.

It's only a beta.

Why are you carrying sunder around?

Low tier bait.

Do all skeletons know each other?

Oh wait. I see what you mean, I thought you were trying to bait somebody by mistaking skullcrusher for sunder. I just forgot to unload stuff while I was at my house.

Morrowind Modding has just fallen off in favour of newer games, it's just an issue of not having the people to do the work, why don't you contribute?

Yes. Also I wandered out into the ocean, and then the game crashed. But I'll finish this up later tonight.

I'd argue morrowind modding has seen a resurgence with OpenMW

And I didnt even notice you had keening too, thanks for the answer though. You using nerevars sword as backup or did you forget to offload that one too?

literally jews

anybody know where I can find a legal copy?

GOG and Steam. Why even ask such an obvious question?

because I'm looking for a "legal copy" that I don't have to pay for and can find online

Why don't villagers hardly give any quests. I've been to at least 5 villages and they don't give any quests out at all. They just repeat the same shit any other NPC says. I'm used to the fallout games where there would be at least 5 or more quests per town.

You could always torrent the GOG version.

I use nerevar's sword because it doubles as a torch.

Quests have barely been implemented yet.

FUCK YAH SHOVELS!

I guess it is no longer dead but it's still far away from where it can be, We are still a few years away from seeing a strong resurgence if it happens at all.

Found a cool spear in the off shore ruin, but I think that pretty much concludes Thirsk. Heading over to skyrim now.

I've never torrented though, that's the thing.

timecalm

?

fuck you

Get deluge, or use mega upload. Head to the share threads, and use the archives.
gitgud.io/Put_something_here/git_version/blob/master/MegaArchive

hey uuhhh 4chan already did the "travel out of bounds of obilivion thing" already

Jesus Christ, m8. Google the Deluge torrent client, go to ThePirateBay and search "Morrowind GOG," and apply yourself.

what do I do with the text?

Is Deluge better than Qbittorrent?

I'm talking about the base game

You talking vanilla Morrowind? If you've got Bloodmoon installed, Bethesda implemented it in a horrible way where asking for rumors will almost always point you toward the Bloodmoon content, instead of all the quests they're normally supposed to point you toward. There's a mod called Solstheim Rumors Fix that solves the issue so that you get pointed toward vanilla quests again.

I've never used QBittorrent, sorry. I've only used Deluge and Transmission.

This is what you do you stupid wanker

mega.nz/#!3Q931DQZ!1c9dGjctI_TqxEme3lONJMHOfBfesp4bMNQOLDUKJYM

Really!!! That's why the game was getting so fucking boring.

thanks for spoonfeeding me like a retard I'll keep this in mind for future reference.

Tribunal also has the issue where you're immediately set upon by DB assassins, despite having done nothing that would make someone send them at you, yet. This means sleeping in a bed is probably gonna have you waking up getting attacked by a relatively powerful opponent that, if you defeat him, will drop some extremely overpowered and overvalued equipment for the point you're at. This isn't as bad as the Bloodmoon issue, but there's also a mod to fix is, called Delayed DB Attack, if you want to fix it.

Yeah I was having that issue too. I had to jump on furniture and glitch out of the inn room so I wouldn't get stabbed to death. This was at early town too, the one south of the first imperial fort you see.

Yeah, Bethesda pretty much assumed that anyone installing the expansions would already be far into the main game.

What's worse is that they shipped the Xbox GOTY version with all the expansions loaded by default, which means that someone playing the console version of the GOTY edition has tons of side quests effectively hidden at the start of the game.
Does the rumor function revert to normal after you've visited Solstheim?

In PC versions, rumor is gone once you go to Khuul or Raven Rock and talk to the sailors about Solstheim. That progresses the quest further, but you don't have to actually travel to the island. It should work on Xbox version too, not that it matters after all these years.

And they still haven't learned how to implement the start of dlc/expansions well. Oblivion's were all awful notes that immediately appear on your screen. Skyrimhas best attempts so far, but they're still not great.

I actually have the Xbox GOTY version. I plan on playing through it one of these days, possibly doing a meme run where I just kill everyone.

Okay, lets start in skyrim this time. As you can tell there's a lot more to see.

Yes that's right, only trust the (((Imperial))) organizations.

This entire mine is infested with mexicans.

He actually acknowledges that you're a skeleton? That's pretty rad.

Just realized it was your player name. I am retarded, please bully and move along.

I see that when he said "infested", what he meant to say was "Massive invasion force."

No you're right. He would say Orc if I was playing as an orc.

Not even an exaggeration, I think I killed 100+ worms.

These guys did a decent job of decorating the place at least.

Getting some nice stuff though.

Place is pretty comfy actually.

I really should get some recording software, and make a few webms.

It's not difficult to do, and is a feature in the base game. There are basically a placeholder words you can put in dialogue like [player name] or [player race] that just get replaced by the appropriate information when displayed. Since a custom race will have a name for itself, it will just fill in like any vanilla race.

This minotaur was pretty tough, he was apparently guarding this ruin which also had a small settlement nearby.

I have no idea what this is.

These homes are comfy as fuck. The ruins less so.

Turns out this place is a ruined elven city, and one of the residents is still spooking it up, but he was an elf so he had to die.

I like how all the skeletons are sorta chilling out like they've been waiting forever.

Wow, who would've thought all those passageways would lead me way out here.

Found another neat weapon even though it's basically useless, but it might have a very high enchanting charge.

Thanks for the tour Mr. Skeltal. Looks pretty cool. I hope they add more content.

They will eventually. Just wait for the shitstorm of duplicating, or porting all the mods.

More comfy places to stay.

Who gives a fuck about curved swords anyways.

Found some empty villages missing their interiors.

You know I just don't care anymore.

I've gotten many nice hats.

Well I think that's it for now. See you next release.

How do you like Skyrim in comparison to Stirk skeleanon?

I can honestly say there isn't much of a difference considering the quests in skyrim are not worth doing. The only significant difference is the incomplete terrain.

Skyrim is competent, but I like Stirk world design more. I think it's because I really crave winter-y Skyrim and I don't like Skyrim province as much.

I think these guys should only stick to making Morrowind stuff. They seem to be basing too many things on real life when it comes to Nords and Imperials (Vikings, Rome, etc.) and it's hella immersion breaking tbh.

You're making the wrong assumption. Tamriel Rebuilt, Province: Cyrodil, and Skyrim: Home of the Nords are all made by different teams.

It is possible to play Morrowind with a controller on your PC?

Kill yourself, please

Probably, since there was an Xbox port. You'll likely have to use something like joytokey, though.

I spent all of my poorfag money on a decent PC, not a cozy place to sit. I would rather just hook my pc up to a large television via HDMI, use bluetooth to make a wireless connection to my pc and enjoy video games on my couch.

openMW has controller support out of the box, no mods required.

Thanks m80s. I had to replace my motherboard so i'm more or less resetting all of my vidya's config files and drivers. I figured I might as well set up Morrowind to use a controller since I blew a chunk of my rainy day fund replacing the damn thing and getting a new cpu since I had to replace my board.
polite sage for >>>/blog/ tier post.

Have they implemented a controller ui yet? Last time I checked it was on the to do list

can we go back to talking about morrowind now instead of the thread being hijacked by skeleton memes?

bump