Anyone wanna play Star Ruler?

Anyone wanna play Star Ruler?
It's really fun. It has a great ship designer and interesting economic mechanics.
I'll upload it to mega if you want

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/star-ruler-free-download.html
igg-games.com/star-ruler-2-free-download.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know I played both 1 and 2 but I can't remember any details for the life of me

Is there any way to increase the size of the text?

Of the ingame UI?

Yeah, everything is incredibly small and pretty much unreadable.

Is this one of those turn AI management for everything type of space strategy?

Star Ruler is only fun if no AI players are involved and self-imposed rules are established.

Otherwise its ALWAYS a ship-size escalation to the point anything below death star size is unviable in combat.

This game is so shit, even shit like stellaris is better.

There's a bit of automation for upgrading buildings on planet and maintaining export/population balance but its no distant worlds.

Works On My Machine(tm). It's definitely not meant to look like that. Fuck with your resolution and windowed mode.

How come?

I tried Stellaris but it felt like a hodgepodge of different mechanics without any actual fun.

Johan pls go

Nice try Johan but no one cares about your DLC simulators.

Max size 500 no titan hull best ruleset

Play a couple of round against AI and you tell me then.

The AI always escalates to the biggest shipsize it can afford regardless of DPS or any game logic. Ten minutes after the game starts there is no point in making fighters or bombers because they cant break the regen threshold of battlecruisers and upwards hull size.

Basically gameplay devolves into who has the biggest ships instead of fleet dynamics.

It's not really 'devolves into who has the biggest ship', but as ships get cheaper, the size of ships does grow, just because it's not efficient to fight 10 scale 10 ships with 1000 scale 0.1 ships.

Armor thresholds are a big deal

Fighters eat the heart out of anything below 120 but dont do shit against anything bigger than that, and about 2 game hours in 120 is the smallest ship in the AIs fleet.
Its uncontrolled escalation in which the AI cheeses the gameplay mechanics requiring the player to also cheese to get an edge or get slamdunked.

Where did you downloaded the game from? I just found out that the problem wasn't the game but instead a crappy rip.

1 or 2? are they both shit? I've never even heard of this

igg-games.com/star-ruler-free-download.html

igg-games.com/star-ruler-2-free-download.html

Thanks user.

I bought it years ago. I was gonna upload it to mega if there was any interest in it.

1 is great but the netcode is flakey, 2 is a bit more stable but its not very fun.