Why the fuck is Dark Souls 2 have worse graphics and uglier animations than Dark Souls 1?

Why the fuck is Dark Souls 2 have worse graphics and uglier animations than Dark Souls 1?

It's a feature.

Are there any monsters you guys found attractive in the game? I really liked the Bell Gargoyles from DS1

?

Different dev team motivated only by money and pandering.
the graphics are actually the least problematic of this travesty of a game

No man, I can't get over how arcadey the game looks, it annihilates my immersion.

REMEMBER
BEST SOULS GAME!

B team. It not just a meme

crow demon
picasa
snake sorceress

Fuck man…like…the game seriously looks like ass.

Also, the sound effects make me want to vomit–especially the menu sound effects.

it is, for millions of reasons
I am not mad that it is trash though I am mad about wasted potential, there are so many things that COULD HAVE BEEN GOOD.

I just finished the first game for the first time, I really liked it although I didn't find it that hard.
Should I play this one? What about 3?

Filtered

haha lol

Most of the player animations are honestly better than both DS1 and DS3. Simple shit like a damaged state, out of breath and targeting an enemy all having animation ques was an nice attention to detail.

That is the shittiest screenshot I have ever see-
Oh wait. This is a bait thread.

I'm playing through Scholar of the First Meme for the first time since I played DS2 at release. It's a funny game. They just add/remove enemies all over the place like it means anything. And I'm sure a lot of the chests I find are new but are pointless except the ember one. Not sure what to think so far tbh.

The series goes downhill after DS1. Give it a shot though, there is some stuff to be appreciated like powerstancing and bonfire ascetics.
DS3 is worse than one but better than two. Enemies are more aggressive and weapon arts are fun.

yeah brah, very comparable to DS2, which looked like that everywhere

What do you guys think of my In-depth analysis of Dark Souls™, and specifically of the Dragons™?

This is the only good thing to come out of DaS2 :^)

Sif

Atleast it does something the other 2 can't: Having a decent PC port

t. OnlyAfro here to shill Dark Souls 2 again

I always thought DS2 and DS3 looked a bit odd, but I could never put my finger on why? Maybe something with the camera? Anyone else notice this, or am I just autistic? At least in BB, I know that I didn't like the weird long ass freak limbs all the characters have.

Oh. Carry on.

Dark Souls 2 is a perfectly fine game in the souls series, because it's a flawed gem just like all the other ones. DaS2's special failures include:

However, I think it's a significant improvement mechanically from the first game and a lot of its levels are really great. There are a lot of decent-to-great bosses in DS2 as well, and the 3 DLC zones are largely pretty great.

I've played DS1 and 2 enough that I probably won't come back to them again, and I like both.

3 is pretty good but also stale, it feels like a mix of Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne while never rising to the peaks those had. It is consistently pretty good though. The games you should play are Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, those are absolute gold for the most part.

It doesn't. Dark Souls 1 looks like shit, art direction aside.

Don't forget tracking attacks and S H O C K W A V E S

Since when was sif a girl?

Well, Sif is a girls name.

I had no idea

Well, the gender is never specified in the game, but Sif is a female name.

and you left a lot of stuff out of the failures

I am like 90% sure the game refers to sif as her a couple times but now that you mention it I cant remember where, so maybe I am wrong.

It never does, no.

this sexy mofo right here

I take it you only played SotFS? That was less of a thing in the original release.

I still can't believe how much they fucked up Iron Keep in SoTFS. I liked the stuff they did with the Pursuer tough.

I just looked it up and apparently they never mention the Sif's sex but it's assumed to be a girl because the name Sif is female

I played both actually, but the changes they made in SotFS meant you could technically access certain areas before you normally could in DS2 because of the moved branches.

Finding the pursuer all over lost bastille made me cum buckets, user.

Yeah, the game's got plenty of bullshit, just like the other games. I can list some examples for DS1:
And DS3:

This isn't to say they're not great games. They all are, but none of them are perfect and the rankings (eg. DS1->DS3->DS2) are much closer in reality than some anons might want you to believe, IMO.

Well sonny it's something known as consoles. 360/ps3 generation in a nutshell. Graphics aren't automatically better because it's a sequel. Personaly I don't think the game looks much any worse or better than previous.

the lighting is shittier and the textures are lazily repeated but other than that it's all just lower rez with less particle effects and pizazz so it would run at 60 on old hardware

bad framerate could be fixed but dem flat textures aint goin nowhere

I'm starting to see this meme everywhere, is this hbombercuck doing?

I think the extinction of the dragons was actually figurative, like they lost their position in power, and now you only find them isolated in certain spots.

Nice joke tho.

Thanks.

What? Blighttown? Blighttown had performance issues, but the actual zone was great. And I wouldn't say Gaping or Moonlight were garbo, just easy. DS1 has bad bosses, but at least they try some interesting stuff, like the bed of chaos, which is bad but novel, centipede demon which had some cool mechanics with cutting off his limbs, or pinwheel cloning himself. Although that was done better in demons. Other than the three repeating demon amigos, non of the bosses were boring or felt useless, unlike DS2 where even the "lords" felt super underwhelming.

DSII had a disaster of a development. The game was pretty much scrapped halfway through and redone. The game is good, but bogged down with a tonne of problems. Still worth a playthrough I'd say. I also have to give it some praise because fist/punch builds are pretty fun. Doing NG+ with two Caestus' and a Dragon Bone Fist.

Bed of Chaos is just an easier Dragon God.

Yes, but at least it looks cool, and most importantly, different.