Vita Thread #26

"Love, Care, and Headpats" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Piracy/CFW: pastebin.com/v8p0FQS0

Vita Wallpapers: ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/golden-week-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-GOLDENWEEKALLG
nichegamer.com/2017/05/02/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-gets-worldwide-pc-release-summer-2017/
marvelousgames.com/blogs/news/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-takes-flight-on-steam-this-summer
marv.jp/cs/
amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B010AZDK0Q/
twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/859789907455352833
odinsphere.riroa.com/chart1_3.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gpB2bpZHuKk
youtube.com/watch?v=7r8b3NqevME
gumtree.com/search?search_category=all&q=psvita&search_location=&search-gumtree=
wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
marv.jp/titles/cs/700/
marv.jp/titles/cs/716/
archive.is/JVNrp
youtube.com/watch?v=BP3DEEON5EU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just recently got a vita pretty much exclusively for SRW V, I regret nothing. She's a good girl.

Dragon's Crown, just gotta get three more jewels. Playing as Amazon.
Mary Skelter to get an LE
Nothing

I still need to get this. I'm holding my breath and hoping the price will drop at some point. I can't bring myself to shell out that much money + PA's shipping for a single game.

She is indeed a good girl. Her father is a total scumbag though.

check mariio128. I think SRW:V is cheaper there.

Thanks a ton user, it is a bit cheaper, and shipping is only $10 instead of the $15 or $20 PA charges.

I'll have to snag this when I get my next paycheck.

Probably an overdone lamentation by this point, but I miss the days when stuff like that would just come with the game as it was, rather than being something additional on the side. Too bad most companies seem to know there's all too much additional money to be had in costume DLC, and swimsuits are likely to be the easiest to get people to splurge on. Hell, I bet that, if there wasn't likely some ground rules in regards to ports, as well as what fans might be willing to let companies get away with, certain publishers like Namco would attempt to gut extra costumes from older games ported to newer systems, given how keen they are on doing so for more recent titles.

Admittedly though in regards to DT2-2, I'm not sure how Atlus (or whoever it is publishing it in Japan; I know there's times it's not the same company, and some developers double as their own local publishers) is opting to handle it. I just recall seeing a lot of paid DLC for the prior game to add characters from TH2 to the game as party members.

Dungeon Travelers 2. Just recruited the maid
does the dlc add anything worthwhile or is it just a bunch of extra girls with no dialogue and such?
Mary Skelter amongst a few others
Nothing at the moment. Got plenty enough to play as it is

And I somehow missed the second carrot to link back to that post in the prior thread.

pic related

the swimsuits are dlc for 2exp

Still, why not include them in the base game as something difficult to unlock? Double exp sounds nice, but if you ask me ought to be something earned through actually playing, rather than them being something you have to pay extra for. Though, that assume they're paid DLC.

Because then they don't get an extra 10 bucks out of people.

Purse-owner 4: Dancing All Nite and Blanc+Nep vs Zombies are on sale on Play-Asia

persona 4 burch all night

DT2 as usual, working through Dawa Shrine and trying to fill out my sealbooks for rare monsters from the story.
Mary Skelter, the more I look at it the more I want it. Wishing PSTV USB storage were less of a pain to mount. Hollow Realization because I'm a hopeless MMOfag.
2-2 Premium, it's on the way and I'm kicking myself for not springing for the shipping method with tracking.

Extra girls mostly, but a few of them are fantastic (Lucy is a great Witch because her unique skill gives her a chance to doublecast, etcetera). There's an additional set of party skills that they can unlock or contribute to, and there's at least two lolis.
Unique dialogue is limited to their voiced lines in battle and their motivation notifiers, they have no story content nor sub-events. Good for some variety and extra moe, but not necessary, and if you're going to get one you may as well just buy the pack for $10, since buying them separately runs you $20.
The double xp card is a godsend for postgame grindan and for catching up your least used girls, and I haven't bothered using the itemfinding scarf yet but that's mostly because I'm still unlocking Otherworld dungeons.

That's what the undub is for

Trying out the PSX stuff with Threads of Fate. So far it's working, fun game too. Found an eBoot of Future Cop L.A.P.D. as well. When you break Sony's chains she's truly a force of nature, most deserving of loving caring headpetting.

Just downloaded estival verses and im having a blast rn
recomendations of other vita games that arent moster hunter games and turn based rpg's
a bigger memory card at some point

Nowadays the Vita is only good at being an onahole slave, that's her only last remarkable attribute.

Time to get bullied

GOLDEN
WEEK
SALE
my niggas

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/golden-week-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-GOLDENWEEKALLG

What's the best way to emulate psx games?

Still found a bunch of good games tho

Yeah, it happened again.
nichegamer.com/2017/05/02/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-gets-worldwide-pc-release-summer-2017/

Just got my Vita and no physichal games yet so going through my digital cross play library. Right now loving the shit out of Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Yomawari
I already own the PS4 version but i want to grab God Eater 2 like a good goy on this as well
Come thursday i get my next pay and i plan to go grab a bunch of cheap physical weebshit from bongland sites like craigslist where moms selling them for little timmys switch dont know any better.

AND STOP BULLYING VITA TAN SHE ALREADY HAS IT SO HARD!

Fuck remote play is some good lazy shit. What are some fun games you use remote play for? I imagine Bloodborne is a shit but so far P5, ys origin and destiny seemed to play fine.

SRW V, then not sure between SRW Z3 duology, Gundam Breaker 3, Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain, or Caligula.

Dungeon Travelers 2 to go down in price. I spent five hours the other day tearing apart brick and mortars for it and found nothing, and Amazon still has it at above 6000.

I've got orders in for God Wars and Omega Labyrinth Z right now.

SRW V is easily the best game out so far this year, and I doubt anything will top it I can't speak on the quality of the Englishanese version though, so good luck there.

Atlus is foreigner only, it's developed by Sting and published by Aquaplus.

Pretty sure it's foreigner only, most of these PC ports are.

were you making those BE threads the other day about it?

Nah, BE isn't a thing for me to be honest, I just wanted a roguelike and found the first one to be enjoyable.

What. Here it is directly from Marvelous. marvelousgames.com/blogs/news/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-takes-flight-on-steam-this-summer

At least DT2 is on sale right now cuz Golden Week Sale

Exactly, it's only on the foreign sites, not on the main Marvelous site: marv.jp/cs/

Shit, really? I prefer physical, but if it's cheap enough I'll go for it. Never knew PSN did sales for Golden Week.

15 burgerbucks, down from 30. I haven't seen it go any lower.

I think people only read a post when there is a image attached to it

Oh, it's US, no wonder, guess only you guys get sales, because I'm not seeing any special promotion for it here. Didn't know you guys had Golden Week though, thought that was a pretty Japan exclusive thing, weird.

That said, looks like DT2 is 3085, so less than half the physical, may have to run out and grab a PSN card in the morning.

OK, so it's not advertised on the PSN itself as far as I can see, but apparently there IS a sale, though they don't say WHAT'S on sale other than flashing some images in vid related, most of which look like shovelware, but then they give a coupon code which gives 10% off most things in the store. Not the biggest discount, but if it works off what's already half the physical, that's certainly better than nothing.

how is Yomawari? Is it spooky? I'd heard that it's pretty short.

These sales aren't too shabby this time around.

Vita-tan can never get a break from all the bullying, can she?

ah man i really need to get back to that. I'll probably play that once I finish Kisuke's story in Muramasa Rebirth, which i'm running through now.

I haven't heard anything wrong with it so far, so fingers crossed.

it helps to get attention, yeah.

I should've picked that up, saw the edition with all the DLC included the other day for I think about 4000, but I spent the cash I had on hand picking up SRW V, Moon Dwellers, and Gundam Breaker 3 for a friend for a present.

I wish you the best, it's an Asia release so at least I would presume you won't have to worry about insane censorship or renames to match foreign versions (not applicable to this title, but things like changing Macross to Robotech or GoLion to Voltron) if nothing else.

If you want to spoil it just watch the first minute of gameplay in this video. The term "ramp up" is almost parody here.

But its good, lights off, earphones on n a comfy nook with your vita. Plus they confirmed a sequel this week for vita and ps4, v-vita means life…

yeah. The only Asia/English release for a game that WAS still censored/fucked was Criminal Girls Invite Only, and I assume Criminal Girls 2 as well.

looks nice, I'll probably pick it up whenever it goes on sale on PSN then.

You missed it niggs it was 2 brexitbux last week not back off sale.

How is sorcery saga? all i know of it is the special edition came with a cringe as fuck bib and bowl and a superobese neckbeard user posed with his curry, but the reviews sound like an rpg not retard fuel.

fug, looks like I'll be waiting a while then. But that's okay. I've got more than enough to play now anyway.

never forget

That aside, It's a pretty adorable mystery dungeon game. I lost my copy, so I really need to get my hands on another one. From what I remember, it didn't do anything special in terms gameplay and such. Pretty standard mystery dungeon game with cute girls and curry, it was kind of funny too.

Wasn't that just on sale a few weeks ago?

Judging from the art on the screencap, that's Seimadou Monogatari? Yeah, was a pretty straightforward roguelike from what I recall, though I tried playing it right after finishing Omega Labyrinth, so I didn't get far before dropping it and moving on to something else. Also jesus christ your guys' special editions are autistic as fuck, what the shit. Our's came with a mini artbook, a drama CD, and some ingame costumes

Have any of you guys played One Piece Unlimited Red? I don't think I've ever heard about it discussed in the Vita threads at all.

yep yep

you can thank Aksys for that.

It's an okay game with an original story. I bought in the previous golden week sale. I still haven't played the multiplayer.

Update on this promo, apparently the coupon is one time per account, and you can get up to 10 things at once with it, so… yeah.

so it's just pretty "meh" then?
i didn't even know it had multiplayer though. Guess I'll give it a pass then, and just stick to the manga/movies.

god speed curryfucker.

Is this worth getting if I'm not a weeb?

Why aren't you a weeb? have you not discovered big boy seinen genre stuff?

Not hardly at all, unless you want to become a weeb.

pls censor head pats, this is a zen buddhist korean imageboard.

i'll head pat you too nerd

Hahaha, fuck that site. I used to be all for them, but then they fucked up my Gravity Rush: Remastered order and sent me a copy of Gravity Rush 2. It took them nearly a month to get me the game I actually fucking ordered, and then a month after that they had the gall to ask me to send the game back.

POST MORE HEADPATS

I've never used them before. But i've stopped using PlayAsia since I tried to cancel an order, the order SHOWED as being canceled, and then I still got charged and the items got shipped anyway. They even confirmed for me that the order was canceled, next thing I know my bank account was nearly overdrafted.

fine fine

What happened to Sylvie?

I tried using playasia for the first time in like 8 years and got some chinese lady ringing up asking over the phone for my credit card details, when i said no thats sketch as fuck she called me a gweilo and hung up.

Still not the worst for me though, Zavvi took 5 months to ship an xbox 360 game on release, and not a big release either Silent Hill Downpour, and i still get straight up "we miss you please come back" emails from them like 7 years later.

What?

that's not Sylvie, it's some other character Ray-K created named Ageha.

never even heard of Zavvi before, that's pretty fucking atrocious though
having to wait so long for such a mediocre game, you have my condolences.

more Ageha

last round of Ageha

Hey at least they accidentally send me 3 "welcome to sunny toluca lake!" t shirts with it.

niggers, dont derail the thread

so after the headpats game and this, i can assume the guy has some sort of papa fetish?

Monster girls more like. He did the Cyclops VN. Polite sage for offtopic.

I wish we could get more VNs on Vita instead of just a shit ton of Otome. All we really got that AREN'T Otome (in English) are VLR, ZTD, S;G, S;G 0, and Root Letter, unless I'm missing some. And i'm talking more true to form VNs, not so much RPGs with VN segments.

how do you "accidentally" do that on any sort of level?

I don't blame you though, i'd have just kept them and enjoyed the shirts too.

I don't think Ageha is in a game, I think she's just another character he made. I don't know, maybe she'll get her own game like Sylvie or the cyclops girl eventually.

Doubtful. I think it's about bringing back love and hope to someone who's broken, abused, and ugly/monstrous. To show that even the most ugly or fucked-up-looking, beaten, and monstrous beings and be taught love and find hope again.

Or something like that.

He also did that one yandere one where she cuts out her eye and gives it to you as a present.

they were wrapped around the game in the brown envelope it came in. dumbass used them for packing insulation.

also whats the otome deal? i searched recent vita videos on youtube and come up with a lot of qt fujoshi shut ins talking about their vita boyfriends and their autism collection.

No idea. I'd never imagined the Vita would draw fujoshis like it did normal otaku/weeb guys. But I guess they found their own place with all the Otome on the system. I wouldn't normally care there's so many Otome, but there's not enough non-otome VNs to balance it out.

So it's a Rule 63 yandere Gil Berg?

I guess fujoshi need their own niche too and vita is it.

Sony is the main home of Kingdom Hearts, so their systems are naturally going to draw the attention of the fujoshi.

seems so. I don't mind it, like i said.
I just wish we had some galge or something to counter-balance. I mean I guess we got other sexy weeb games though, they just aren't VNs.

I guess this is a case of having my cake and being unable to eat it. Oh well.

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts, I'm PRETTY surprised the Vita didn't get some sort of KH spin-off like PSP did with BBB. I mean BBB did phenomenally well on PSP. I figured Vita would've at least gotten a port of 1 & 2 or something or even yet another non-mainline-but-lore-canon game to complicate the story even further.

Otome games are a regular diet on mobile and Vita alike. You see it in JPN game sites and all over JPSN. No surprise that more than a few have trickled into the western market.

More laughable, so very few of them are held for ransom the way most galge, and famous titles are via kickstarter. Just be aware that any time they decide to update and port something like Fate/Stay Night, Tokimeki Memorial, ToHeart, or even Kiminozo, it's going to cost major bucks and it will be done at expense of gullible twats via kickstater.

Anyone know how Valhalla Knights 3 Gold was? It's on sale for 2000 right now.

There are fujoshit vita games?

I can't think of any specifically fujoshi ones, but there's definitely tons of otome games.

Oh sweet baby boi

Gay.

If only there was a database for visual novels.

Somehow I missed this feature. I don't have a PS4 but it looks interesting for when I do, just because I'm lazy about playing on consoles.

Pictures with cute girls work best.

You like the Kumiko ice cream hair don'tcha?

If you guys have ever wanted to give MeiQ a try, and are a PS+ subscriber, then you're in huge-luck, as long as you don't mind it being digital.

I don't know who/what a Kumiko is

Fine, be rassis Singapore, white privilege motherfuckers.

Not on sale here, still a full 6480 and was honestly a kind of disappointing game, I got really excited when I heard 'dungeon crawler with customizable mechs'

On that note though, any general suggestions for purchases? That 10% off coupon only works once, and even if I get everything I'm considering (SRW Z DLC, Gundam Breaker 3 DLC, Dungeon Travelers 2, Valhalla Knights 3 Gold) that's still only 4/10 slots.

You are no nigga of mine.

It's only normally $30USD on the PSN store. Hell, I paid $65 for the LE with the titty mousepad + OST + Artbook. How is it so expensive over there?

mmm, DLC for any other games you play/like currently? Or maybe a vita theme?

What games you been playing recently/got on your wishlist that are already out?

oh so it's from not-K-On.
Hibike anything at all like K-On? Do the girls actually do cute things/have character development? Or is it as pointlessly shallow and pedantic as K-On?

What made it disappointing? I'm considering impulse purchasing it or Blazblue Centralfiction.

Not him, but the main problem is that the game is waaay too easy and simple. It's really quite trivial to break it.

it's piss-easy on normal mode, and shit-pushing on hard mode, there's no middle ground. On top of that it manages to make the idea of dungeon crawling and mechs pretty bland. Which is a shame, becauase it's got a great art style and a decent soundtarck. I'm a fan of the artist's work in general though, Nomura Ryouji.

pic-related is NOT from the game. Just a piece by the artist.

Eeeeh, also I remembered I can just pirate it. I haven't gotten used to piracy on this thing yet.

Digital is usually overpriced as fuck. To give you an idea, the physical collector's for the same game is going for 2680 brand new at the moment: amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B010AZDK0Q/

Part of why I never really look at PSN very much.

I'm a little wary of DLC simply because it's a practice I don't want to encourage, so I might not even buy the DLC for SRW or Gundam Breaker.

Those come free with tons of games, and I rather enjoy hearing the music from the Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain one I have.

Super Robot Wars V
Gundam Breaker 3
Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain
Demon Gaze
Should really get around to starting SRW Z3, Caligula, Shiren, Uppers, Valkyrie Drive, Ken no Machi no Ipoujin, Odin Sphere, Muramasa, Mary Skelter…

Only one that comes to mind off hand is Dungeon Travelers 2 I went ahead and got the sequel already just to avoid the hell I've been having with the first one though before I start that one I need to finish the first Dungeon Travelers. I was looking at Valhalla Knights 3 Gold since that's 2000 right now, but no idea if it's any good or not.

Basically what and said. I was hoping for something a little less generic.

wew, that's pretty atrocious.

understandable

I'd heard VK is pretty shit. So I'd always avoided it. But I guess you could see for yourself as well.

I'd heard the vanilla version was bad but that Gold fixed it, no idea on the details though.

To repeat a question from last thread, are there any games focused on aerial or vehicular combat on Vita? Doesn't need to be a Vita game specifically, PSX/PSP is fine too.

I wouldn't waste a %discount thing on something like DLC or themes. Probably wouldn't waste a PSN freebie either unless really stuck for choice. The one time I got one it went to one of the Nep games.

Also Eupho is worth a try, but isn't really like K-On! as it's more about drama, sadly bordering on soap opera at times. Still it's got some good bits, the girls are cute, and its animation is quality.

Occasionally DLC is worth paying for, generally the ones more in line with a traditional expansion pack.
That hasn't stopped me from buying utterly trivial DLC a couple of times.

There was an A.C.E. game on the PSP but by all accounts it was terrible.

Expansion pack being things like when they repackage Monster Hunter with more content as a G edition and the like?

thicc/10

oh well then maybe it's worth checking out. I'd never heard about Gold, just VK3 in general since we never got Gold in the West

I guess so, but I mean if you've got nothing else to get either, might as well get all you can.

that's enough for me to give it a shot then

that's why I like him

Thing is usually games are still cheaper physically (see MeiQ no Chika ni Shisu for a great example,) though Neptune is a little more volatile. I got the first one when it was going for 2000 or so physically, now I'm seeing it for around 6000, vs. 3780 on PSN, though I don't know if that is a Golden Week discount or not.

Fair enough. Might throw it in if I don't find anything else.

was meant for , didn't copy right for some reason.

Rereleases are a different story. Don't know anything about Monster Hunter, but Odin Sphere on Vita and 4 Resident Evil on Wii are good examples of re-releases.

Sad. I'll have to make do with Future Cop in the meantime. Mechs and bright explosions are a good time too.

Where I am (Ausfag), PSN is almost always cheaper than the local brick-and-mortar, especially when things are on discount. When I got the Nep Rebirth games, 2 ate my freebie ($15) and the other 2 were another $30. I don't buy online physical copies a lot because it's a hassle, but might have to do so for Dragon's Crown. It's not on Euro PSN for god knows what reason.

Holy sideboob!

Did any of those add extra content? Not sure what we're talking about with expansion packs then.

From what I gathered that seems to be the case in general for foreigners, no idea why though.

Odin Sphere makes significant gameplay changes, but gives you the option to play with the original mechanics, and it's portable. Also correction on RE4 I mean the PS2 version which adds Separate Ways, and a couple of minor things. Wii has the same changes over the GC version but has the optional negative of waggle controls and easymode pointer aiming if you don't use a GC controller.

The system is discontinued in the West of course. In Australia though, the place I have to go to only has Euro/USA imports, while the major retailer doesn't sell anything Vita except rarely used copies of something common. Humourously, the most Australian game I have is Minecraft, and the cart has a friggin' PEGI rating on it.

Alright, so new mechanics primarily with not much new content? To give you an idea of how MonHun works, the latest release, Monster Hunter XX, is exactly the same as the prior title, Monster Hunter X, but with new gameplay mechanics, new areas, new monsters (and thus new equipment to make out of them,) and two extra tiers of quests.

I meant as a whole, I get the impression that digital tends to be the more popular option in the West than here, where retailers will often give 15-20% discounts for preordering on top of giving out free goodies.

PSP Ace Combat & Armored Core games, my dude. Though sadly I think those are physical only releases. In the Armored Core title's case this is a stupid decision—Vita would have easily supported the PSP's ad-hoc connection feature to play four-way battles with mechs that the game boasts. And yet.

There are a few others (mech-based), but the names escape me.

twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/859789907455352833

I don't see the point. They're a print company so all they can promise is currently released, all-ages titles that are likely under Sekai Project's wing or Frontwing. So it's a pack of liars or a pack of jews—either way not all that good.

Thank fuck for physical, pay goes in tomorrow and its time to get my ass to amazon and gumtree.

Time to "localize"

Hey guys,

How's DQ Builders? Is it gud?

yeah if you like dragon warrior 1-3 its "what if the villain won?" with the satisfying 'tism of minecraft.

The impression I've gotten is that if you're a DraQue fan it's shit, but if you like Minecraft it's basically that but better.

its for dragon warrior fans, not the autistic memegames it devolved into with dragon quest

The fuck is Dragon Warrior?

a series of 3 amazing NES jrpgs that rebranded with the 4th game as dragon quest in part of a revamp to make it a game for children.

Really old American Dragon Quest.

So it's just the American name for what's always been Dragon Quest?

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir has some new midbosses to my knowledge, and if memory serves, that wandering Pooka chef wasn't in the original either. Not sure if Maury's also in classic mode, or if classic mode only affects combat itself. It also resolves the slowdown that plagued the original PS2 version, at least in NA (not sure if PAL PS2 release fixed it prior), to the point that it very rarely shows up.

Anyhow, Leifthrasir mode is essentially a "gameplay remake" in that the focus was more on tweaking the technical end to make the game more enjoyable for those that hadn't played the original, or didn't like the nature of combat there, but the game also includes the original combat style as a setting as well to satisfy people that did enjoy the combat previously, as opposed to being an either/or deal where prior fans might get angry about changes and have little reason to revisit it. If you want a full list of what was added/tweaked, I assume there's a changelog of sorts out there.

Assuming you're not just taking the piss, back in the day there was an existing trademark to a name close to Dragon Quest here ("DragonQuest", without the space between the words), so when they started to get brought west, the name was changed to "Dragon Warrior" to avoid conflict. It lasted like that clear until Dragon Quest VIII when the trademark either ran its limit.

Sounds good, never played the original myself, so I'll be sure to boot on the classic mode when I start up the Vita version.

Ah, so like when the handful of SRW games that did get foreign releases went with a Romanization of 大戦 despite the franchise consistently using "Super Robot Wars" in English text.

yep, but the translators changed. you think ff7 is infamous for some bad translated lines.

for some reason with the rebranding in the west the new translators seemed to think it was a comedy, probably based on toriyamas art which is a shame because 3 is the kind of bleakness Holla Forums would cum over today

In modern terms its like the fuck you gut punch of going from ocarina to the opening crawl of wind waker.

THEN WITH PART 4 TRANSLATORS MADE IT A FUCKING GAG MANGA TIER SCRIPT.

its like a great seinen fantasy manga getting a 4koma sequel. What a shame it was.

Hasn't 3 been rereleased in some fashion?

OK, I was wondering what you were on about with the tonal change, so it's purely a product of the foreignization then.

In the original it's the other way around the hero gets sent near the end from his own world to Alefguard and becomes the hero Roto referred to as the ancestor of the heroes of DQ 1 and 2

Several times. It got a remake on the Super Famicom with extra features, and then again on the Game Boy Color with a little more. The Wii had a compilation rerelease of the original 3 games' Famicom and Super Famicom versions all in one as well.

Any of them properly translated away from the gag script?

Sorry, no idea on foreign versions.

Maybe. I mean, I'm not sure if there was an existing trademark on "Super Robot Wars" by the time they brought a few of the OG games overseas, or what.

On that note, could you do me a favor if/when you get around to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir? I was showing a friend the remake in English recently, which takes some liberties here and there to add to the Norse vibe (IE: changing Japanese "Shinigami" to archaic Norse "Halja" in the script, rather than English "Reaper" or something; I assume the bulk of the script/English voicing was retained from the prior PS2 version), and he's gotten really curious as to what the full title of the frost giant midbosses of Winterhorn Ridge are in Japanese (both in runes and direct translation to English). In the English version they're all called "Silver Titan Frost Ben", and apparently that last word's got him hung up as to whether it's accurate or a mistranslation.

I'll let you know again in this thread what I find when I get around to playing it myself, but since that might be a while, I went ahead and did some Googling, and if it's Gwendolin Chapter 3, the mid-bosses of Stages 4 and 8 are 「猛将バーサーカー」 "Mad General, Berserker" and the one for Stage 10 is 「魂の冒涜者バグベア」 "Desecrater of Souls, Bugbear"

Source: odinsphere.riroa.com/chart1_3.html

That's odd. I mean, the Bugbear is indeed one of the two types of midboss for that region, and that name was kept intact for the English version of Leifthrasir (I think I've read before that it went by a different name in the English PS2 version, but I can't vouch for that). "Mad General, Berserker" or whatever really doesn't seem to fit the vibe of the frost giants on name alone though; honestly seems as if it would be better befitting the axe knights in Titania. If there was a localization name change there, I can maybe see why they'd opt for "Silver Titan" instead, though it doesn't explain them all being named "Frost Ben".

Also, thanks for the resource.

Maybe you go to that area more than once? Further Googling gave vid related for the Berserkers, and they certainly don't look like frost giants.

That kind of lacks the "all seems lost but we are bringing the world back" from the version i played really. But time travel is never as good a hook in games as "this is a sequel where you recognise ruins as things that were modern in the previous title" post-post apocalypse style stuff like nier.

It's not time travel though, it's a full on prequel - DQ3 is explaining the story of how Roto saved the world of DQ 1 and 2 and became a legend, hence the title 『そして伝説へ…』 ("And thus, into legend…") And while not post-apocalyptic per se, you do end up having to save a world where all seems lost, since prior to Roto's arrival Alefguard was called a "World of Darkness."

You do, actually. Each character visits most regions at some point during their seven chapters, so while each only has plot reason to go attack somewhere once, you do go back to prior locations multiple times over the course of all five. And I get it now from the embed; those Berserkers are part of Ragnanival's forces, being the big guys wearing bear-skull helmets and lobbing axes at the player. The English version calls them "Berserker Lords" I think.

That raises other questions though. It's been a while since I played, but those guys are usually confined to being fought at Nebulapolis (where they currently live in the court of Demon King Odin) and [Storming Battlefields] (where the Aesir and Vanir are fighting). I don't recall there being any fights with them at WInterhorn Ridge, but I suppose after going through an area five times it starts to get murky. I mean, in Gwendolyn's chapter they DO technically have reason to be there (compared to other chapters), but I don't recall actually fighting them there at this point, as opposed to the usual Bugbear and Silver Titan midbosses.

ah see the translations i played had 1 be hero vs demon king, 2 be unrelated and 3 be 3 characters in a ruined world retracing the character from 1's footsteps.

I did find another video that showed the Gwendolyn visit with the Berserkers appearing in that area, and upon checking the site I linked earlier in other characters' routes a mid-boss named simply 「フロストベン」 shows up, which could be "Frost Ben" though if I hadn't seen that suggested earlier my first thought would probably be something like "Frostven" since Katakanization still has a habit of using "b" for "v" sounds.

Ah, sounds like they may have taken a bit of liberty with the script as a whole then, since in 2 it's very clearly stated at the beginning that the hero of DQ1 went about founding countries and leaving his heirs to run them, and the player characters of 2 are thus all cousins since they're all royalty from some of the different kingdoms he founded.

I'm reading a book right now called "The unseen world of japanese games development volume 2" and they straight up say back in the day there was no fucks given about baka piggu gweilo overseas ports so they found a publisher, gave them a master and maybe a lesson in rom dumping and left them to it. One guy says "we never even considered they needed a script to translate"

I see. I suppose "Frost Ben" is understandable, but it seems like the "Silver Titan" part was made up by Atlus. Considering how, as far as I'm aware, the Leifthraisir release added new midbosses, perhaps the new ones in Japan left off the subtitle compared to the prior ones, and thus the English version adds ones for them to keep cohesion with existing boss naming conventions the game had prior?

Though, that still doesn't explain why they're called "Frost Ben" to begin with. Not sure if "Ben" has any Norse terminology connection, let alone why they would all be "Ben" (it might make some sense if you were fighting the same single one over and over and it just reanimates over time, but you can wind up fighting two at once).

Not surprising, the West couldn't be a primary concern since if you're not making your money at home, you're going to go bankrupt, so anything for foreigners would be an afterthought at best, especially with the amount of time and money giving proper support to a foreign branch would take up. I've heard horror stories about what old Ted Woolsey had to go through, and I'm genuinely shocked and impressed that he managed to put out ANYTHING resembling a coherent script in his circumstances.

Hence why I would've thought of "ven" first because it sounds more fantasy-ish, though I've no idea if it means anything in Norse.

It a fascinating read i can recommend. Hearing the devs incredulity as the interviewer described social justice ruining videogames was refreshing, also sad when they said "worst we deal with is horror being dead since we get told to make them action shooters for westerners"

That's the other way around, user. DW3 is a prequel. MC ends up being Edrick, who the legends are written on in the first place. He/she defeats Baramos & the demon god and nullified almost all monsters with the Sphere of Light.
It's also one of the first pick-your-sex games in console history, being hipster over gender long before SJWs were even a thought in anyone's head.
The doujin for said series are also nut-bustingly spectacular, though I have no particular artist favorite in mind. I have one for Breath of Fire, though.

Sounds about right I really wish people didn't consider marketing to the West. Making Western releases of games later, fine, but when targeting that audience influences the making of the game itself, we get shit like Fire Emblem 7 where in addition to being generally easy as hell with overpowered units you had a forced 10 stage tutorial that ended up giving you even more overleveled and overpowered units

The devs feel the same. They describe a feeling of impotent frustration as yakuza family nepotism meaning higher ups are never dev experienced employees so they have no idea and most companies are run like shit.
They specifically mention, anonymously, things like "prison rooms" where they lock people with nothing to do till the agree to quite without pay or benefits and "literally only Nintendo and Bandai Namco dont do this, every other large publisher does this to its development staff. every single one".

I've actually had some pdfs of that book, and the prior volume, from a share thread a while back (the idea apparently being that the books were worth reading, but that HG101 didn't deserve a cent at this point). Still need to get around to reading them myself.

Yeah. Looking around a a bit, I still can't find anything for "Ben" or "Ven" directly for Norse, though there is a the slightly similar "vinr" which apparently means "Friend", and those frost giants do cart around some trolls as allies. It's a bit of a longshot though. Would be neat if Vanillaware could explain what they were going for there themselves sometime.

yeah the usual autists throw a shit fit over HG101 and say the books "cuck sjw shit" when the very opening blurb is talking about "authoritarian outsiders trying to censor and ruin japanese games they were never going to buy" Like the first bloody page.

Imagine that. You lived to see some anons become so blind and prejudice they literally judge a book by its cover and choose to make a judgement based on feelings rather than facts.

and then they go "d-dont try the just as bad as sjw card, that just means you are a c-cuck, cuck cuck cuck!" its fucking shameful.

Considering the horror stories I've heard out of Capcom, I'm not at all surprised. Also wouldn't be surprised if that changes at Nintendo, with Iwata dead and the company being run by the shareholders.

Would be worth tracking down official artbooks, they often have intended Romanizations as well as design notes.

Dragon Warrior 1 - 4 were originally released on the NES staring at 1989. The west (or at least the Americas) didn't get DW5 or 6, but did get DW7 on the PSX and DW8 on the PS2.

The games also had revisits as user said. We got NONE of the SNES prints (5 & 6, plus remakes of 1&2, and then 3 on a separate cart), but we DID get the GBC prints (DW1 - 3).

The translation issues come in with the DS remakes, which were all handled by 8-4. Understand that the DQ series has NEVER had a complicated script, and in fact it's one of those storyboards were you could use for exercise if you're learning Japanese, as the writing is grade school simple. Instead of following that spirit, or even going with the already long-established Olde English trend DW1-4 established, 8-4 rewrote nearly everything with thick, stereotypical accents of various ethnic backtrounds that read like utter shit as accents are meant to be heard, not read. Pics related—same dialogue/scene from the original NES DW4 release, and the later NDS remake later on.

The result is something barely readable and actually slows the pacing of some otherwise fantastic games.

I'm not certain if the various spinoffs (Rocket Slime, Joker, etc) were receiving of the same punishment. Currently, 8-4 has localization contracts for the mainstays of the series and are using said series to push a shitty globalization agenda to earn them more shekels and connections.

Yeah i considered Nintendo greedy suits for years, but it sounds like they are just extremely dedicated toy makers in their own eyes and folks like iwata actually gave a shit about their employees in ways most game devs dont.

Jesus christ. Even when you subtitle characters with strong accents in movies and shit you subtitle them with the proper words, not attempts at conveying their accent in text. What a bunch of fucking retards.

My general impression with Nintendo overall is that Yamauchi ran a tight but fair ship, being an old-school businessman who possibly had yakuza ties, and then Iwata who moved up from being a dev himself genuinely gave a shit even if he had ideas I don't like like pushing touch screens and motion controls. The investors hated Iwata because he shot down things they wanted him to do like fire people and so I don't doubt that they're having a field day dancing on his grave as we speak.

The issues of porting SRW is not really about the name copyright. It's about Bandai being lazy as fuck, and also the Gundam owners being jelly manbeasts.

To make a long story very short, Sunrise and the toy/kit license owners (Bandai and someone else I forget honestly) are incensed about series longstay original "Huckbein" Real Robot line as they look more or less like Gundams. So they silently browbeat SRW creator Banpresto (whom Bandai owns) into doing nothing with that line outside of the domestic market, and have at this point phased the Huckbein line out of canon almost completely, to my recollection.

This is openly mocked in SRWOG: The Inspectors anime:
youtube.com/watch?v=gpB2bpZHuKk

What the "Guarbein mk III 'Trombe'" is actually supposed to look like:
youtube.com/watch?v=7r8b3NqevME

The point of sad hilarity: Banpresto and sympathizing/interested companies on this side have actively worked to get licensing/royalty distribution on an international level…and they succeeded. Nadesico, Tekkaman Blade, Go Lion/Voltron, GaoGaiGar, Evangelion, Gundam, Brain Powered, Gurren Lagann, etc etc all gave a green light. The one thing that kept the series from being properly localized—OG line games or the other various titles—was the Huckbein issue, in Bandai's own backyard.

Fuckin' lol.

That doesn't make a lot of sense for most SRWs, since Huckebains aren't very commonly used in mainline SRW - case in point, before the recently released V, the last time we saw one in the series was, if memory serves, Alpha. OG uses them a lot, of course, but then that doesn't have the licensing issues otherwise. I would imagine a more recurring problem for proper SRWs would be stuff like Macross, where Harmony Gold is notoriously nasty about the rights to it.

Good idea, here in NA, Atlus did provide free softcover artbooks in English as a first print bonus (and there's also a digital one as an unlockable for beating the game, but that one's just scans of the moonrune one). I can't recall how much space, or if it even bothers to devote any, to the midbosses.

I can at least separate a person and/or their work from the company they keep as far as if it's worth reading/using, but I still don't see a reason to support that guy's work financially when I'm pretty sure HG101 sees the bulk of profits go to them and upkeep of their site instead of going to the author directly.

8-4 claims to have taken direct inspiration from Honeywood's prior Dragon Quest VIII PS2 localization, with subsequent teams having just followed suit (and thus left Square not wanting to bring them west much these days since the additional editing costs to add accents over the base script can eat into potential profits). This apparently being done in both the name of "culturization", and from what I've heard anons mention before, that Square has it in their heads that the games won't sell if they DON'T accent them up (the idea seeming to be that DQVIII sold phenomenally in the west due to them, and not due to having both actual marketing and a demo for an upcoming Final Fantasy included with it). Though, it would seem that 8-4 and on forgot that accents work best when there's actually voiced dialogue and standard English for text, as opposed to a text only game where the visual script is all you have. And even Dragon Quest VIII has the issue that, from what I've heard, it wasn't voiced in Japanese anyhow (on the PS2 I mean), and thus the voicing wound up causing actual technical issues on the western version.

I'd link the Dragon Quest IV comparison on Legends of Localization (the guy that writes and runs the site being a mixed game fan-translator and anime official translator), but I'm getting an error page when I try to bring it up. If memory serves though, he couldn't find much of a valid reason for that heavy of accenting in text only dialogue, beyond the team that had done so perhaps thinking the original script was "too dull" or something. Though, I think that article was written years before the "culturization" connection was made, and it makes me wonder what he might think now, if he's aware of it.

I thought I'd heard something before that it's more that Sunrise or Harmony or whoever wouldn't clear rights for a single series in the west, thus nixing the attempt at non OG entries coming over entirely. Though, we barely even get the OGs anyhow.

DQ8 was not voiced, that was one of the selling points of the 3DS remake Koyasu makes a fucking great evil jester man

I want to beat to death with a tire iron any translator who thinks they have the right to rewrite shit for this reason.

oh it wasnt supporting financially, it was free on amazon at the time, it was the modern goonposting school of "HOW FUCKING DARE YOU TRIGGER ME BY TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING I DONT KNOW ABOUT! THE OUTRAGE!"

Yeah. Reading more and more on the state of translation back at some points made me stop giving Woosley so much guff. Especially when, properly armed, the man turned out some great fucking work (Chrono Trigger). It's the same reason I don't give the likes of Carl Macek any real guff, as he & his staff had to put together a tall order (literally Orion ordered 50+ episodes for "Robotech", so Macek and his production crew had no choice BUT to splice together Macross, The Southern Cross, and Mospeda into a single story), and that guy literally WAS working for gangsters.

Ah, yes. The OTHER fucking horrible rights issue. Though even with the Italian/Egyptian Mafia Not making it up, go look up the info on Harmony Gold's ruling CEO/his family at war with anything leaving Japan with Macross in the name, that would only account for a small percentage of the SRW franchise.

And yeah, as I said iirc, Huckbein as a line has been phased out by OGs The Moon Dwellers. I'm not sure first-hand, though.

They currently work at Aksys Games and run the PR Twitter account that banned anyone questioning the dogshit translation quality of even the Otome releases. To say the least of the giant oopsies made in the Fate/Extra original translation (read: The damn flavor text spoils Casko's real identity LONG before you get to that part of the game where she reveals her true name).

I thought Fate/Extra was Atlus, or did you mean he left there for Aksys?

Psycho-Pass
XBLAZE 1&2

Hows Toukiden 2 on vita? tried the ps4 demo and enjoyed it but for some reason scalpers are pushing that up to £60+ but the vita version is £20, any significant downgrades?

goddamn rubes i tell you what.

Pretty laggy and having to tap screen for stickyhand is annoying

First time I notice a Vita thread on Holla Forums.

Which is funny, because I just recently dug up pic related again.

Which one of you was this?

I'd say you're asking in the wrong place m8.

Idk if bait but the vita threads were alive even b4 piracy was a thing. Also do not mix cuckchanners with us.

I just never notice them, because my brain never had a reason to remember you. Now it did.

look at the date of the screenshot

I saved it the day it was created.

Atlus doesn't/couldn't have rights to Extra. Aksys published it outside Japan. In Japan it was published by Marvelous. It was one of ImageEpoch's last few developed games.

And you posted it to imgur, then saved it. Right. Fuck off back to reddit.

suck my ear, faggot

I do what I want

How'd Caligula turn out? Looked around at some gameplay footage, the combat looks fun but everyone bitches about the Casuality Link grinding.

In all seriousness it is likely just as grindy as older Persona/JRPGs titles (mentioning Persona here for two reasons: It was the "big title" JRPG released recently and the writer for Caligula was involved in the first three games), people have just gotten used to the casualization of Persona/JRPGs in general and complain about games that aren't completely trivial to finish in under 10 hours because
completely forgetting that games are not movies or books.

No one can stop you from being a lying, back peddling faggot. All anyone can do is laugh at you.

What in the ever-loving fuck is going on with the IDs? What in the FUCK is Mark doing to the board this time? Why does every post prior to >>>12483711 have the same ID?

forgot about those, thanks user.
Have you played them? Are they any good? I know the XBlaze games are prequels to the BlazBlue series.

helluva steal user
what's gum tree? and do they ship internationally?

Jesus fuck Mark the kike, why does everything you touch turn to shit?

Ah, I just checked the cover art and you were right. For some reason it seemed like the sort of thing Atlus might have opted to give a shot (if only a single one; they seem to drop stuff rather fast if it doesn't sell adequately enough).

I know that last night Codemonkey was doing server maintenance, so maybe that's the cause? Not to defend Mark, but I don't think he's apt to be able to fuck with the site code himself. Though, I suppose checking other boards might provide more evidence if it's just a Holla Forums relayed issue, or sitewide one.

It's inevitable, just like that cake he ate.

that explains a lot actually. I know a few anons couldn't make threads late at night last night.

true enough, he may be King Shitas, turning everything he touches to shit, but I have doubts as to his coding capabilities.

I checked on Holla Forums and there's a few threads like this too, where a large majority of ID's changed to the same ones. Same on

oh.

Are there really people li- no, of course there are. Goddamnit.

There's a reason near a tomato can be made to play itself for you.

can we talk more about this please?

I SAID CUDDLE WITH ME AND SUCK ON MY EAR, HOMO FAGGOT BITCH!

You can get more talk if you go to the source
>>>/cuckchan/

No.

Elf detected, you have to go back.

How fucking new are you?

I don't have a Vita and I don't care about your threads.

Nah, I am just a filthy monkey-ear. :(

Playing Muramasa Rebirth and I'm enjoying Kisuke's story even more than I did Momohime's so far. I really like all his boss fights so far too, especially the spider guy. I miss Kongiku though, she's a little more fun to talk to than Yuzuruha, not that Yuzuruha is bad or anything.

I hope nothing bad happens to Torahime by the end. But knowing she "died" 49 days ago and barely has any time left doesn't give me much hope.

Added the PSP K-On! game to the collection, it's a pretty standard rhythm game, but with Keion cuteness, fine by me. Seems somewhat on the easy side though, and my favourite song is only a shorter version for some reason.

How's the Project Diva games?

It's a dumb feature, albeit one that only exists if you play on easy difficulty. Shame the game doesn't make fun of you for choosing it, like IWBTG does if you choose normal.

It's just a place you can buy stuff on like eBay. Actually they own it.

Switch owners.

They're pretty comfy. On harder difficulties they'll really give you a run for your money too.
I'd say go for Project Diva F2nd, it's the best one imo. They're all pretty great though. Project Diva is probably the weakest entry, but it's still pretty good. All 3 of the games have pretty good song selections. But if you can't into Vocaloid, you probably won't like them.

oh, so it's basically UK Ebay/Craigslist.
Got it.

This isn't some touchscreen-only shitshow like Rhythm Tengoku Gold I hope. Touchscreen is a useless controller only good for fondling girls. It's also a bit expensive for my liking at the moment.

Not a huge fan, but I enjoy the fanart, and some of the music is alright.

gumtree.com/search?search_category=all&q=psvita&search_location=&search-gumtree=

Holy fuck theres a lot of Vitas on gumtree right now, they can't all be switch owners.

i think i live near a secret game store for this blackmagicvoodoo to work.

Have fun with those games user.

Tap and hold means the physical buttons, flick can use the touchscreen but also the analog sticks, IIRC.

it's not. You use the D-Pad, face buttons, and the analog sticks to flick instead of the touch-screen.

nice taste user.

(checked)
Well, it's not like you sacrificed an animal or something to make it happen right? If so, whatever black-magic-hoodoo that was worked isn't your problem.

yes, you can use the analog sticks to "flick" in any direction for the Star notes.

Bump. Looks like I'll pirate Steins Gate Zero later.

I still can't understand why they discount Muramasa Complete Edition but don't give any discount to the fucking dlc pack. I'm waiting forever for a sale but it never ever happen.

I got my DLC on a sale some time back, though at this point it's probably been a few years. But yeah, I don't get it either. Maybe someone at Aksys has some notion in their head that discounting the DLC alone isn't worth it at this point, or that most people at this point that would be interested in the game would just buy the complete digital download instead (which ignores both the existence of physical aftermarkets where DLC doesn't travel with the cartridge and still unsold sealed copies).

The Vita is a system that only brings sadness

I got told, the difficulty ramps up significantly for the last few songs, even on normal. Also liking the feature where you can order them to decorate the music room, and feed them sweet things. It's adorable.

Oh thank god, it's sensible. The PSN description just happens to be terrible. Alright I'll just wait for it to drop in price, $50 is too much.

The one major drawback of using the hacks.

Pretty much why I gave up on the 3.60 thing, I'll just wait for Vita piracy to get a bit more stable before I get too worried about it. SRW V's too good to miss for any reason.

What do you think about Freedom Wars?

It's way too depressingly dark to play, and I don't have a good handle of the controls.

It's good now that it's dirt cheap. Badly needs a sequel since the story is unfinished. Tapping O is the worst part.

I'm getting tired of waiting for a >3.60 hack. I want Sony to stay in the handheld market so there's an alternative to casual phone games and Nintoddler rehashes.

Is it fun with friends?

WHATCHA:
God Eater 2 a lot. It's taken over from my facination with Freedom Wars, and it's nicer to play to boot.
Nothing. Nothing coming out has taken my interest.
/vr/ shit.

Were any of the God Eater Off Shot titles ever dumped to .vpk?

Dungeon Travelers 2 guys, is the DLC worth getting? Near as I can tell it's just the characters from the first game being made playable.

see

So, pass on it then?

if you want to save time on post game/crowning go for it.

Eh, it's more worth it to me to not support the practice of DLC, so I'll pass, thanks.

I need an user friend to help me homebrew my Vita. I've never done anything like it before.

Read the OP, we've got a thing for that now.

Fuck

Welp, you're pretty stuffed, but there's a couple of very minor things you can do, I should document them.

wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/

Related to that, I haven't changed the version to spoof on mine and I can still access PSN, does it take time to roll out across different regions or something?

Not exactly, it's an intentional grace period for people to do online stuff without having to take the time to update.

fuck me, I bought it specifically for on the go

Generally speaking, no. It doesn't add that much.

Not worth the time.

I'm getting a PSTV for this reason. It's a bad tradeoff either way, though.

Lose, lose. Updating the TV is a better bet, though, since it might be possible for homebrew to allow newer games to be played.

I might have to get a hold of a Canada user to see if they'll ship me a Vita.

Oh wait, shit. That's England.

If you're in the US, it's 20 bucks at Gamestop.

Are any of the psp star wars battlefront games good? As long as one of them can replicate the basic gameplay of the console/pc games I'll be satisfied no mater how scaled down it is

Yeah, but you'll have to get used to aiming with face buttons. The default control option is awful, in my opinion, so face button aiming is probably the best way to go. The Battlefront games are great, regardless of platform, so you'll probably have a good time.

I've got no problem with that considering all the hours I put into peace walker. Thanks

It is. It goes from being just another rhythm game to being a Vocaloid-care simulator mixed with a rhythm game.

I smell maple syrup
but yes, that would be way too much. I got it physical on Amazon a few years back for only $25 USD, it was some sort of special deal for prime members.

boring and unfulfilling, even for the measely $5 I paid for it.

So I found out you can map the face buttons to the right stick instead of the D-pad. This shit works out great now

Welp, went ahead and got Dungeon Travelers 2 and the DLC for Gundam Breaker 3, so that's done at least now I just need to finish Dungeon Travelers 1

You know whats fucked? No Crisis Core on the PSN.

I want to fuck vita tan

In all 3 games?

Ausland, and it can wait, I'm already sitting on a huge backlog even without pirating.

I dunno the mechanic doesn't seem all that deep, but it makes clear that the makers cared about being faithful to the source. Mio using D-pad primarily was a cute touch, although it's wreaking havoc with my muscle memory. Damn lefties.

The official PSN and PS1 selections are abysmal in general, I'd say it's worth ditching the newer firmware games for Adrenaline alone, other homebrew is just icing on the cake.

That's, surprisingly merciful of them.

It's a sad fact that not everything worth playing has been cleared for rerelease; same with Nintendo's VCs. Though I suppose for those living in PAL regions it's even worse than here in NA, as they missed out on a lot of games back in the older days to begin with, and apparently the potential of easy money finally giving them "official" releases by way of tossing the NA versions on their PSNs/VC (the way there's a handful of previous JP-only games on the NA PSN/VC) hasn't been deemed worth the effort. Same for PAL only western releases like Terranigma (though that implies Square would even allow it up on the VC, given it was a game published by Enix and they seem to have little desire to put out VC or PSN versions for their classics).

But what if you have a friend to play the game with, who hugs you from behind, cuddles with you in this way for half an hour, before slipping his tongue into your ear and sucking it.

In every PSP game, just hold the PS button when playing a game and go into settings.
For the longest time I though setting the right stick to the d-pad was the only option

Fuck now I want to play this whole trilogy again

Just fuck him and play a better game.

and that's how I charged my henkaku Vita and went through the trouble of installing Zero no Kiseki Evo

what're you fags playing?

Gundam Breaker 3 though now that I've got Dungeon Travelers 2, thinking I should get back on finishing the first one of that

To be honest, I still have to play those games myself. Terranigma's stuck out though as a game that I've generally heard great stuff about, and was noteworthy for unfortunately getting caught in the period of time after the NA branch of Enix closed and before they reopened for fifth gen.

I don't remember hearing much good said about the Evolution versions of at least some of them, but maybe I'm thinking of the Trails in the Sky ones, as opposed to Zero being included in that group.

Soul Blader and Gaia Gensouki are both great, and Gaia in particular I would say is a mustplay second only to Tenchi Souzou. You can't go wrong with any of the three of 'em though.

is Vita the most comfy Tan?

the best Tan

I've heard some people say before that they found Illusion of Gaia to be weak/different compared to its predecessor and successor, but regardless I do aim to play all three sometime. Just not sure when I'll get to them; my backlog's huge as is.

She is a good girl.

vita-tan is prime bullying material

to be fair PiiU is deader than dead

The biggest problem that Zero has is the OP spoils shit and the new OST arrangements are hit or miss. Almost every character's lines are voiced, character sprites are higher resolution, and the UI is crisper to boot.

yeah, vita's been dominating in actual games worth playing compared to pretty much every other system this generation.

I always wonder why artists show pc bullying vita and not embracing her as the sister he always wanted as xbone tan pouts in the background and mumbles about 'muh forza tho'

because they can't accept PC took games from a NOGAMES machine… the shame.

One day they will get over Bloodborne.

Like during the heat death of the universe.

Admittedly there may be some nostalgia talking, I should replay all three in a row sometime.

Herein lies my problem too, my backlog's big enough I know I'm going to die long before I finish it.

PC steals Vita games for his library, why would he want her?

imouto ntr. if your sister was the xbonx you woudl be jelly of ps4s hikki neet and her weebshit.

since the bread is a little lively than other days I wish I coud play some games with you no-piratefags. (But I still play mostly singleplayer gaems)

But again, PC has lots of the weeebshit too. Sweet sweet weebshit…

I dont own a single multiplayer vita game. except god eater and ive finished and moves onto 2 on ps4

Because it's desperate for games?

The only games I play that even have multiplayer functionality are Monster Hunter and Gundam Breaker.

Doujin stuff, sure, but most professionals don't bother with the PC outside of MMO type crap.

She did her best!

I am, by definition, a piratefag. I'll still golf with anyone who is available in the evening hours. I'm not always on, but when I am and play HSG, I'm down. Alternatively, I guess I could play Dragon's Crown or something. Wipeout's an option, too.

I freaked out for a second since I realize I forgot to check on that as a candidate for the PSN 10% off coupon, but digital is still the same 7000+ it's always been, so at least I didn't miss out on anything there. Unfortunately, physical is still about 5000, so bleah

I didnt want to segregate, just thought if anyone willing to play online with a 3.60 and risking playing on-line.

Well it's kind of moot for me considering my library is mostly stuff for "playing alone", but provided the game is a legal copy, is it any more risky to play online compared to just using PSN?

There's a few notable cross-plats like the Senrans. Enough to keep PC happy.

Surely you jest

What? Which ones? As far as I know, the 3DS ones are all 3DS exclusive, and the Vita ones are all Vita exclusive except Estival, which got a port to the PS4. Beyond that, there's the Doomclone on the PS4, and an as-of-yet unspecified project for the Switch.

Is that legit? Because the pages for both the original release of VD and the repackaged version are listed as Vita exclusive:

marv.jp/titles/cs/700/
marv.jp/titles/cs/716/

I hate to break it to you but all the Vita ones got PC ports! The 3DS ones are still 3DS-only but emulation may render that moot. Apparently you need to check outside that one site for valid information. Games cannot hide from PC!

marvelousgames.com/blogs/news/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-takes-flight-on-steam-this-summer

Emulation makes sense, since that's what PC is for.

The official site of the publisher? Pretty sure they'd have accurate information, and it backs up my understanding.

Ah, so is it a foreigner only thing then?

I thought you if anyone would know nips don't play on PC.

Hence why I was confused why anyone thought games were playable on PC outside of emulation.

Clearly the publisher doesn't have a clue, or they had nothing to do with the PC port.

Nah, since shit only comes up in English, it looks like the whole PC thing is a foreigner only thing.

Since it's on steam the three nips with gayman PC's will still have access to it though.

No idea what steam is, but no point in buying a Censornese version of a game anyway

You'll learn to embrace it
archive.is/JVNrp

Can't wait for the Sony fanboys to cry a river

Embrace what?

Your destiny

I don't get it, some kind of sports thing?

So I guess this is coming out soon. Any word on if the game is any good or how the localization will be?

youtube.com/watch?v=BP3DEEON5EU

All I've heard one way or the other.

Fuck, forgot to embed.

That doesn't sound horrible in terms of censorship. I guess the next thing to worry about is the story and dialogue

Any form of censorship is horrible.

Don't walk in expecting a grand masterpiece, but Illusion of Gaia holds its own on several fronts. NoA pushed it at times as a Zelda alternative and in a sense they were sort of correct.

No grand sprawling overworld map, but a fun and sprawling collection of dungeons that hit across various western & eastern old civilizations, some rather humorous but effective item management, and the combat abilities all feel damn good. The story is also genuinely amazing, shining in a time when dialogue was minimalistic but effective. I won't spoil shit because you deserve to play it fresh. It's also SNES era, so even with Nintendo censoring the story elements don't pull punches all that hard (ie Breath of Fire doing the evil church scenario better before Final Fantasy Tactics was a thought in anyone's head).

If you can track a rom, go for it.

Good tactics game (at least the 1st one), great storyline so I can vouch for the pedigree. Atlus needlessly censored a scene involving spanking some kid because m-muh child violence, though. Embed related is the anime variation.

Underwater Ray Romano is actually a good series. The PC variant is unforgivingly hard as balls, though. It's been translated for years, but unfortunately not so sure if the torrent's up thanks in large part to Nyaa dying.

Combo that with BakaBT going privatefag, and I can't even through you an updated magnet to the old and more recent anime series. Sorry.

Here's the PC magnet (I think)—no clue if it works:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:U67MG2KXBZRYFDXKCBWDXTLDVIKPGVE7

Reminder that Bamco said the same bullshit for Tales of Balsimic Vinegar with stabbing a child.

Reminder that Japan's being forced or coerced to censor, meanwhile here in fucking burgertown it's absolutely fine. The double standard is absolute bullshit.

I know, just compared to most shit that gets censored now of days one scene that they are trying to change with as minimal edits as possible isn't as bad. Still sucks though.

My friend actually had the first one and was able to give it to me all properly patched. It's always been one on the backlog so I figured if this new one didn't get fucked to hard in localization I'd get it too then at some point I'd just marathon the both of them.

Sad thing is even violence is starting to get toned down, or at least that's the push now.

Also, side note. Are there any particularly good dungeon crawls on Vita? That's my main poison at the moment.

Dungeon Travelers 2. Mary Skelter looks good. Someone post the DRPG chart, I don't have it on hand.

been playing Muramasa Rebirth, I'm playing Kisuke's story, on Act 5 now iirc.

I never could get into any of the Trails games. Sky nor Cold Steel. I liked some of the characters in Cold Steel, but I found the battle system tedious to deal with or maybe I just didn't gitgud

indeed she is

have the color version friendo

Dungeon Travelers 2 doesn't look too bad, though it's a shame they didn't go full on monster girls with the enemies.

I'd like to second that chart.

found it

Awesome, thanks a lot!

nope

Seems like Dungeon Travelers 2 is the most well rounded on Vita. Shame some of the games on the list don't have an english translation yet. Stranger of Sword City and Labyrinth Cross Blood look particularly good.

DT2 is pretty good, just bought it during this Golden Week sale

Stranger of Sword City was localized, but it is not my cup of tea (aka not proper weeabo shit). One that I have high hopes for is Mary Skelter, coming out this August in NA

i didn't know there was a new one. Thanks user.

The Asian English release of Moero Chronicle was (as expected) not done by a native English speaker so you will get the random Engrish here and there (in the off chance that is a deal breaker for you). The touch mini-game is also just another form of grinding.

Dungeon Travelers 2 has an edited dump of the game floating around that has the four censored images restored.

MeiQ would have had better difficulty settings if they had three tiers instead of two. It also has the problem most games have with higher difficulty -> more hp rather than changing mechanics from what I've played.

The amount of outrage people have had with recent localizations of Nip titles you'd think the number of people trying to learn the language would go up but instead people are still advocating cucked versions of games.

Sometimes i can't tell if some of it is over the top "slightly censored art to meet countries ratings standards not bowing to sjws=FUKKEN SHW SHILLS EVERY SINGLE TIME" obnoxious or people simply forget how bad shit used to be.

Of course the NoA treehouse style sjw gatekeepers DO exist and i'm no censorship fan, but sometimes a minute, dont notice if you arent told, change is not ruining the gameplay experience and i feel a lot of anons willfully miss out on amazing games because of small things.

Inb4 someone very mad at my lack of all or nothing binary tribalism and crying "nuetral shill!" but you gotta take every case as a stand alone thing or turn into the over generalising, ignorant assholes we despise.

where is the baker?

You're right shit has gotten way better than what it used to be but now it is trying to slide back in some cases very aggressively (#FE and FE:Fates). You also have to realize the video game market is extremely reactionary. If games that alter the shit out of their script like fates or censor everything up to and including a bit of cleavage like #FE start selling well all games will start doing that. The publishers will that as being the reason for the increase in sales. As for the entire legal argument that is true especially in European countries and Australia. It's why places like compile heart have started standing up to them and just refusing to release their games in those countries unaltered and telling the fans that it's because of their countries laws.

Well the issue with that is NISA (and others) have a proven track record of doing retarded shit including censoring things, not bringing over DLC for their games, introducing gamebreaking bugs, etc. At that point it isn't about over generalizing the company. It would be finding a time they DIDN'T fuck up that would be interesting.

Considering there are companies that have been able to release titles with similar amounts of fan service in the same markets without censoring them I'm lead to believe shit companies are using the ESRB as a scapegoat to protect "western sensibilities" or whatever it's called these days.

Censoring a game that already has niche appeal lowers its appeal further because the people who would be buying the titles in the first place wouldn't be outraged over seeing the original content. Some might even say that is part of why they're buying it and would be LESS likely to buy a copy with unneeded changes.

It isn't a case of neutral shill crying. History has proven repeatedly that companies that begin to censor their products start with inches first to get the "moderates" on their side. By letting small things slide over time you get things like entire portions of a game removed.

Not hypothetical, has happened repeatedly

Yeah i should point out i give no fucks about fire emblem. I understand if others do though.

The most recent example of this being the Bravely Default series which censored I think 2 or 3 female costumes in the first game's localization. The second game though had nearly every female costume altered in some way it was fucking insane. The second game also sold like crap probably for a multitude of reasons. It's also important though that when a shit company like NISA actually does a good job of localizing something that you support it. That is the only way they'll fucking learn and hopefully stop doing that bullshit.

Do you mean you don't care about Fire Emblem in general or the horrendous localization of Fates?

both. my butthurt over advance wars is only barely sated by the stardew valley team making a straight clone for the switch.
and smash becoming "fire emblem brawl, also starring smash bros characters" doesnt help me avoid getting sick of what feels like a forced meme game that was going to be axed till a fluke made it the new kingdom hearts for normalfags.

but thats a bitch for a different thread.

I just hope we never get to the point of pre-emptive censorship where our devs censor our games just so that the foreigners don't get offended.

To be fair, comparing games to movies isn't exactly a double standard.

I just picked up Dungeon Travelers 2, but haven't played it yet, heard nothing but good things about it though. Other than that, Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain is amazing, and Demon Gaze was pretty good.

With the quality of localization being what it is, you could probably just make up your own translation and it'd be more accurate than what other people shit out.

Localizations have never been good that said I'm convinced the only people on Holla Forums who aren't at some point of trying to learn Japanese are the shills from the Western industry looking to protect their profits

This is how I feel everytime people wait for censornese versions and simply don't play the game if they can't get it butchered and hacked apart.

I would disagree with the idea of rewarding them when they do well solely because that allows them to make more garbage. They've been around long enough to know what people actually want, they just don't care what their audience wants, they want to act as gatekeepers. The one or two titles they release a year that people buy because they actually like the series probably end up funding all the trash they butcher.

Yeah then just ignore it completely if you don't like a game you shouldn't buy it regardless of how it was localized.

chill, it's only on page 5. I'll make it once it hits 7 or 8

Localization companies charge developers more for changing shit than they do for doing their actual job. The only way to fix it is to stop buying localizations altogether and force that entire industry to die off completely and then let it rebuild from scratch later like the video game industry as a whole probably needs to

I kind of agree with that I think ideally I'd rather just import asian/japanese releases with subs in them.

the most-recent example is barely weeks old. Tom LIpschultz goes to conflict with XSEED over a misconstrued joke about an Engrish sign in Akiba Beat. He's going to suffer for taking that stance. On the other side, the rest of his coworkers didn't even hesitate to regard the bad coincidence as "too sensitive" for their gaming audience and reached out to the developers to have it changed.

Brief reminder that Japanese on practice to what I've seen are sensitive as fuck about potentially embarrassing any party, and will peal backward at the first slight.

So 'KKK Witches' (a sign play on a real utility company named NKK Switches) gets put out the game entirely by the next build update because of the intent of the developer team.

And the press immediately crucifies Tom and alludes him to the discussion of White Nationalism (Polygon).

Let me remind again that JPN PR for Koei Tecmo told DOAX3 fans point-blank the game was not coming out internationally because of the media-painted picture of how they think the West sees their titty beach game.

The slope is fucking real and it's press-powered. No developer is going to do anything that could associate their work with racism, thanks in large part to what just transpired. Watch if you don't believe me.

You mean what Nintendo's been doing for years? And also what that Aussy govt debate just went down over? Outlast 2 got overworked to pas their "Rating Refused" bullshit.

I mean as in changing the actual games that we get - right now it's just foreign releases that get mangled and torn apart, but I worry that if this bizarre focus on international releases continues, they're eventually going to start censoring our games even for us instead of just censoring the foreignese versions.

New bread.
Was gonna wait but i'm gonna be gone for a while

oh nice, didn't know it was on sale. Guess I'll pick it up too.

yeah, wanting something to come over here is always a monkey's paw it seems, especially now of days. Still, I don't play games enough to learn Japanese, nor do I like the current trend of relying on fan service and waifus to sell everything… mind you I like both those things, but more often than not those seem to be a priority over gameplay now of days.

also, I'd rather play as a manly character than a little grill.

Play as a manly character surrounded by cute girls.

That is the best scenario

followed by the ability to vanilla love any of them.

You mean all of them.

Oh you.

Koihime Musou