TOWER DEFENSE THREAD

Post the best tower defense games.

My favorites,

Kingdom Rush
Kingdom Rush Frontier
Cursed Treasure 2

I beat these games and need good new tower defense games, that are playable in my browser only.

What do you call games that you play in your browser? Flash games?

Yes I am new to Holla Forums I usually post on /g/ and /x/

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinabottle.com/gemcraft1.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I doubt many people will want to talk about these sorts of things, and if I were you I'd be embarassed to admit to being a /g/ poster and not knowing whether a browser game is Flash powered or not. Warcraft III had some tower defense custom maps, look at those. I don't play browser games.

I've only played one. I forgot what it's called but it involved monkeys and balloons. Maybe there's some good ones. I don't mind the concept but all of the games I see in this genre are cancerous. They have social media integration, microtransactions, are based around either browser or mobile platforms, and are painfully intended to appeal to casuals. If there's a good non-cancerous game in this genre then I'd play it. Otherwise, I ignore it.
Browser games.

I know they are written in Flash for the majority of them, but I don't know what they are commonly called.

I agree but the ones I posted in OP, have none of these things.

Best one coming thru

I never liked Tower Defense games aside from the ones that actually let you control the individual units.

Shit like Toy Soldier and Sanctum is great for me for example.

Take a closer look at your OP pic.

I like bubble tanks tower defense 1.5 the best
2 is good too

It's a shame that practically the entire genre has devolved into what says. TD's are fairly fun.

Not as good as mauls, but nothing is. God was cruel to kill all the mauls.

From what I can see from the games that aren't facebooks games, they were made in 2009-2013.

also, when people post tower defense games, would you say whether its, for the lack of better terminology, a free or fixed placement and an open or fixed path game or not

for the example that I posted, you can place towers wherever you want, and not just on the sides of the fixed enemy path
you can also buy and sell towers while the enemies are moving around to juggle them if you don't mind being that uh, whatever you'd call it

random defence is nice too, but its fixed path, though you can otherwise place towers wherever you want

They're written in ActionScript and JavaScript, and they're called browser games. /g/ is already the bottom rung of online tech communities, and retards like you are the reason why.

I never played a free path tower defense game before. I am trying out the game you posted right now.

just one more thing to tell you about that particular game
the easy medium or hard thing isnt much of a difficulty indicator, what moreso determines difficulty is how far to the right on the level select screen it is

That's one of the Bloons

I liked GemCraft, I think this genre peaked 5+ years ago. gameinabottle.com/gemcraft1.php

I post once in a while on /g/ I am not a tech expert by any means. I know I am not smart. Thanks for the info though. I shouldn't of mentioned it, because I don't really represent /g/ at all. They are much smarter and better than I am.

Thank you.

first one has a way better campaign than the sequel.

not a browser game, just best TD.

I heard castle storm is pretty decent, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. There's also the dungeon defender games. First one is ok, haven't played the sequel.

They're not better than you are, that's half my point. If you're into touhou there are a few tower defense fan games although they aren't browser based. I don't know if it's strictly tower defense but Elona Shooter is a classic flash game.

Is it really that good? I played a little of it a few years back.

I recall a few gooders.
There was also a good elemtnal tower D and a few decent desktop paper ones but I can't be asses to start looking. Bowmaster sort of counts too, I guess? Also fuckin ninja town.

Nostalgia ahoy.

Yea it's called the full game lul. The fuck do you expect.

Dungeon of the Endless is the only good one I've played
Mostly because it's not really tower defense
God they suck

I went through a tower defense phase in my gaming habits way back when. I played a huge load of browser based ones (for instance Vector TD posted here ). One called GemCraft has some pretty interesting mechanics.
A non-browser based one I still occasionally install and play for a bit is Sol Survivor. I'm not entirely convinced myself that it's a great game, but for me it has some persistent charm.

And now there's nothing but low effort Idle games
Thanks for ruining gaming Cookie Clicker

I spent years on browser games. 90% of them are utter shit, 9% are okay, 1% is excellent. Unfortunately, there had been a big drop in browser games in the past few years (since about 2013? 2014?) and people mostly churn out shitty "idle" games (literally worst genre of games imaginable. The gameplay consists of literally waiting and not playing the game, I'm not even exagerrating) that I guess are popular with the most retarded of normalfags. Kingdom Rush was actually made not that long before the browser game downfall – if was one of the last games of that era.

Warcraft 3 had some great Tower Defence mods.

I don't think you can blame CC for that, it's more a fault of modern flash games, especially Facebook games, as a whole.

I remember fondly all those Warcraft 3 maps, and still replay Artifact TD and Elements TD from times to times. Outside of that, those named by OP, Bubble Tower Defence 1.5/2 and Bloons TD will do the trick (as well as Villainous for a nice counter-genre with some Tower Offense), but the genre has seen its death due to how far you can carry that concept.

Blame Cookie Clicker for that, but not because of "ruining gaming" as said. Its more that its success brought back Anti-Idle into popularity, brought the conception of idle games like Clicker Heroes, and it all went downhill from that since people noticed that you could basically make money without games.

there was a Kingdom Rush "origins" but was for Tablet only

Creeper World 1 and 3 are really good.

I somehow got 10 hours out of Harvest: Massive Encounter in 2012.

Fuck you.
Idles games are my kryptonite, and they are deliciouso. That genre tickles my autism like no other.

Fine. Kittens Game. Iron Will. No karma or paragon. Get all the Iron Will exclusive achievements. Then we'll talk.

Fucking casuals

No thank you. I have played that game twice in my life, each time expending months of time, only to inevitably lose my save file in some tragic accident. I told myself never again after that.

Jelly as fuck of pic related. I can smell the envy from here.

Which is why you should always back up your saves. You are the only culprit in this.

Now back to work. These kittens won't eat by themselves.

I can't and won't. At least not for another few years until I've all but forgotten about it and it's had some updates.

Then it'll be like a completely fresh experience again, and all will be swell.

If everyone that makes idle games and everyone that likes them dies today, we would have a better industry tomorrow. That shit is some serious cancer.

You have Bubble Tanks 2 while you're here? Gotta get that game for offline play.

Speaking of Creeper world, his other game particle fleet is pretty good but very short.

tbh we all need to simmer down with nonsense flash games and the like. I often enjoy calming down with some Tower defense, it's such a shame that it's confined to mobile advertisement social media farmville trash. Should be better utilised.

That was an sc/wc3 map first, like the entire fucking genre of tower defense.
Fuck, I still remember Wintermaul and GreenTD.
Where did the time go?

Orcs Must Die, 1 and 2. Best TDs I've ever played and I've been playing that shit since Wintermaul.

Both games reaches a level of satisfaction with me, but fuck that first one only scratched the surface of Peewee's breakfast machine into the long ass combos you could pull on Orks.

Dota 2 has a custom game lobby system as well as matchmaking for lazy faggots.
Too bad Hammer 2 is fucking shit and unfinished and will continue to be shit until Source 2 gets actually released, and the game has jack and shit in terms of pack-in assets. Built-in LUA support is nice I guess.

$1 Subs at Jimmy John's until 8 tonight

I received a free code for Kingdom Rush via IGN's game of the month giveaway. Fun game, the VA stuck with me.

TO BATTLE

Just downloaded TFT and Eurobattle.net, now to get some classics like enfos, x hero siege, pudge wars and tower defences

If I didn't enjoy the beginning of the demo for Particle Fleet is there any hope I'd enjoy the game? Kinda wish that dev would lay off the plot/exposition.

Probably not, you get more weapons, new enemies appear and then there are the ground battles. Otherwise it's all the same.