I really want this game to be good. It has some good moments. I feel they did a lot of research on the period...

I really want this game to be good. It has some good moments. I feel they did a lot of research on the period, and parts feel very authentic.
Why did they have to shit all over it with their social justice message? Why do they include concepts that have existed for less than a century, like career oriented mothers? Why do 95% of the female characters feel like men, and have no reason to not be men?
Also there are a lot of gameplay issues. I haven't found any leadership dialogue tests so far, which is bizarre considering you're a thane. The level of enemies seems to vary wildly (looting the grave for example, you have the huge number of really strong "ghosts" and then immediately after they kick your ass you have a smaller number of peasants). The progression mechanic feels very shallow, I really dislike it.

I really want to like this game, but all that combined with the fucking horrendous performance are making it difficult.

Don't forget the shitty timer and faggot romances.

Yeah, I haven't met the fag yet to my knowledge. I don't really mind the timer (I liked it in FO1 for example).

Honestly?

Play Battle Brothers instead.

They don't seem comparable. Battle brothers felt like a sandbox horrible combat sim, while Expeditions feels like an interpretive basket weaving class.

Its 21 century, get used to it, or else get called a nazi.

That's because it's a mediocre game, that traded in anything that was unique and fun about the first game and decided to make it into a bioware lite rpg (let that one sink in). Having to walk all over huge empty cities looking for quest givers and having to open a million different boxes is fucking stupid and whoever decided that was a smart idea should be shot. Basically instead of having the original where you could go straight from points of interest, they replaced with horrible tedious button clicking.

Hell just by deciding on giving the companions voices and "personalities" show how much of a fluke the first one was, who the fuck thought that having romances as a selling point was a good idea.

The faggots are the hunter you meet during the feast and the witch you meet afterwards.

Oh
The hunter barely has any character and the witch didn't emit any carpetmunching vibes. That was not what I expected.

Found four or so in Denmark. You get to tell off the mother of your shieldbitch for a morale boost, you get to drill some Rabe warriors and the two other were camp encounters.

What's real funny is how despite some fantasy shit BB's more realistic by far.

im enjoying it. it's nothing fantastic, but it's fun.

I don't really enjoy being outnumbered by enemies with superior in all areas stats in every single encounter.

where do you think you are?

You know that you can craft, right?

With what salvage? I've found a total of 5 so far.

Can you expose and bog the degenerates? Myfarog actually has rules for doing so.

No but you can build a bog.

When the time moves you tell it

You're shitting me. First, get a 5/5 repairfag and take apart everything you don't need and second use alt or whatever's the default highlight shit button and take everything not nailed down.

I also hope you went for throwing.

I found fucking 50 salvage by stealing from the bog niggers. Time to get new shit.

Make sure to use a random hirdman specialized in crafting and make sure to save in case it decides to fuck you with a negative special effect. My mainfag for example had a regenerating mail of melee DR and a crucible daneax of bonus damage to undamaged foes. that faggot hunter still did ~300 damage with a top tier bow per double shot

I'm doing 20-50 damage depending on the character, and I could make a single item that adds 40~ damage if I put all of my resources into it. Do character craftsmen cost valuables?

Clearly of secondary importance to you. I'm sure there's a market to be found in the "game journalist except right-leaning" category, don't let your dreams be dreams.

Nope, only materials. Great design that, spend a couple of months on upgrades and pay thru your nose or use this completely free, disposable faggot that will also cook, hunt or whatever Throw rock can do up to 70 with throw 5 strength 10 and I'd go for shields and armor before weapons. That mail and a matching helmet made most hits and archers in particular a joke.

I have to beat these bog "monsters" before I can recruit anyone new, and they are vastly stronger than I am. Guess I'll try not to get ambushed and fucking raped by 4 dudes IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOWN and hunt for side quests.

There's three big guys and two dogs in the swamp and iirc two of those four city dudes are wymin. My suggestion is liberally apply cripple on anything that doesn't have a shield, focus on everything else and let the "valkyre" or some other fast melee shieldfag run up to their archers and play interference. Maybe craft some barricades and shit.

In doubt sling, bow or rock caused harass + backstabber daneax and stun + dagger killing blow or whatever it's called is broken to the point of me killing a unkillable character and stalling the game. Also giving everyone a rank of throwing and a couple of ranks of leadership for the resistance is probably worth it.

10/10, the game got stuck as I ended a turn, and nothing would happen despite it still running. Couldn't even reload.

Both are tactical RPG, no?

Am I retarded or is there no where in Ribe to get medicine for the girl in your village?

Frankly, you may be.

I actually had to find someone doing a lets play, find him in Ribe, and saw him talk in the temple. I skipped past and only noticed that it had anything to do with that question because of the update notification. I had already talked to her myself.
I'm too used to the damned markers, the objective said "Cult House" so I was looking for something called that with a yellow circle over it.

I already see you're going to have a field day in England

The game did get 100% easier once I created magical vikings instead of having to rely on just a dyke and a grandma to protect me and my bumfumbling robin hood.

I hope none of you actually paid for this SJW viking faggot simulator

How do you even manage to fuck up Vikings as a concept?

It completely breaks the game since you have enough points for your support characters to be maxed out at Ribe. I end up having end game gear when I got to the grave and the ghost were just a cake walk. Valuables are not even that essential. Just keep may 2000 in Denmark for questing and spend the rest on hides. The boat gives you enough wood to upgrade your homestead until England.

I just came on here to bitch about this. spoilers for the first 5 mins, all i could get through of this shit

Not sure if ill give it a second go.

First off, jam packs stronk wymyn into everything, fucking person representing a king at a feast is a woman, a woman in your party is so stronk she gets pissed off when you tell her you can fight your own battles, your mother tells you to poison or trap your cousin rather than fight with honor. So I ask the smith for better weapons, just gives armour because he's a cuck, anyway I start losing the duel, but I let it go on, it handholds you so you get 3 attempts, basically to get lucky with rng and beat him, but i let him win, knowing he's not trying to kill me and i can swear fealty to him. He beats me, I accept defeat, he accepts my fealty. then that faggot in the green runs up and stabs him. The hunters kill my other cousins, and then it gives me the option to kill the faggot who just killed the guy i lost to, I choose that, and then stronk wymyn friend says "no more killing" and so they both join my party again like nothing happened.

Fuck this game, if it wanted me to be thane so bad id rather it make the duel an inconsequential easy fight than something that felt like it mattered up until it shits on my decision to lose.

That part's not stronk at all. Females (especially mum or grandma) have always been the cunning/subterfuge unit of the family who can see a plot coming from a mile away and devise countermeasures while the men are busy fighting the enemies that do show up in full honour.

user you might have serious issues understanding why people who have a relationship with both parties may have a hard time liking those two people that he might like killing each other or you're a bona fide autist, in which case I fully understand

It's not like the game told you there's consequences to being a weak shit right? And it's not made clear your first two companions are willing to kill everyone in your way of being thane?

And her mum wants her to quit it and come home to have babies.

Jesus, I'm not defending the game as GOTY, but those points really doesn't paint you as someone who can understand the human condition. I'm not saying good RPGs are filled with those, but I'm saying having a storyline that has human condition inserted into it is pretty much in line with the writer's style.

That part's not stronk at all. Females (especially mum or grandma) have always been the cunning/subterfuge unit of the family who can see a plot coming from a mile away and devise countermeasures while the men are busy fighting the enemies that do show up in full honour.

user you might have serious issues understanding why people who have a relationship with both parties may have a hard time liking those two people that he might like killing each other or you're a bona fide autist, in which case I fully understand

It's not like the game told you there's consequences to being a weak shit right? And it's not made clear your first two companions are willing to kill everyone in your way of being thane?

Jesus, I'm not defending the game as GOTY, but those points really doesn't paint you as someone who can understand the human condition. I'm not saying good RPGs are filled with those, but I'm saying having a storyline that has human condition inserted into it is pretty much in line with the writer's style.

Well shit

The "stronk" part is that it acts like i have to take her advice, following it would probably make the fight ez as piss, and still puts up the optional objectives even tho i told her to stuff her poison up her ass.

No i got that the smith doesn't want me or my cousin to die, it was a joke.

The game told me if I lose I could swear fealty to him, or possibly be banished or executed, my problem is that the game broke its own rules and mary sue'd me into a position I didn't want (ps, thats not what roleplaying is) and then wont even let me attempt to correct it.

Don't care, the fact she exists at all in the game is annoying.

Fuck off, if the game wants to be about "the human condition" maybe it could get sexual dimorphism right for a start and not make wymyn warriors out of every other character.

It actually does relatively little for the fight. I made a leader of men character who was mediocre at best at fighting, poisoned and trapped the guy, and still lost 2/3 of the fights.

What? If anything the combat is the one thing they got right.

Well shit that was an interesting glitch. I failed posting twice so I close the page and came back to it after to post again after captha.

That's probably to introduce you to the healer. She doesn't make you a poison, but can make you a laxative if you insist on not killing your cousin.

The game told me if I lose I could swear fealty to him, or possibly be banished or executed, my problem is that the game broke its own rules and mary sue'd me into a position I didn't want (ps, thats not what roleplaying is) and then wont even let me attempt to correct it.
The hunter made it clear during the first night he will shiv anyone who challenges your right to rule. He just acted on what he said really.

Yeah I know shieldmaidens are a myth but even older games like Konung have them. And konung is about the least politically correct game I can think of. I fondly remember a quest where you can torture someone to death with bees.

That's a bit unfair since there's plenty of non-fighting characters. The hunter's foster parent are both archers. That's a job rather than a fighting role. Old hag is someone who's done her job as a mother and hometender and thus want to go out and have adventures in grave robbing again. The only guilty party is your tomboy companion as far as tropes go, but the story's made it clear that she's been trained like a man since childhood alongside you and her dad's a bonafide viking your dad brought raiding as well.

How in Thor's well bronzed balls did you manage that? I literally slipped and gave him two rounds to wail on me and I still beat him like a red headed step child. Didn't even need to poison him.

Find the murdered woman in the burned down basement and track down the house that smells like sulfur. Also if you capture him, as in high finesse or diplo you get the option to reconcile them, kill him in front of her (and then she attacks you) or enslave him.

How does armor piercing work?
I understand it to be you do [armor piercing damage] damage before their armor multiplies the rest of the damage 1-its value
Does that sound right?

this is Holla Forums not Holla Forums

The village squabble seems really contrived. Why isn't there an option to ask the Norsemen to give back what they stole, perhaps with a portion extra from me, in exchange for the stolen cargo? Why do I have to kill one side?
I'm going to try disabling lethal damage and attacking the villagers.