Do you think anyone sincerely enjoyed this or was it all attempts to convince themselves it wasn't lame?

Do you think anyone sincerely enjoyed this or was it all attempts to convince themselves it wasn't lame?

Because real talk, this isn't just bad its lame. It is a lame videogame. I picked it up for 99p off ebay and it seems both devoid of mechanics and what it has are designed for a different kind of game than what it is.

Beyond the bullshit, the lies, the "Grand High Cult of b-but you can do anything!" scam citizen tired stockholm syndrome hive defender drones it indoctrinated No Mans Sky is basically the largest criticism of Minecraft as an entire game.
"You either stay near your spawn forever because it was a good one and the open world is redundant, or you get a shit spawn and spend forever looking for better things knowing you can't see it all and therefore constantly feel a sense of time wasting over the experience".
Its a game whos got no real target and as such no real target audience. There are the mouth breathers that call it a "chill game" but those tend to be the fags that believe "games should have a skip gameplay for story button" and use terms like "its okay if you switch your brain off" which is the 'i have given up' statement to show you are an evolutionary dead end that should be sterilised for the good of life.

So who actually enjoyed it? i mean dont get me wrong jumping in your ship, flying to another planet, naming shit for a while and looking at wierd pro-gen fuck ups was neat for about 30 minutes tops. But thats the entire galaxy of this game. With updates that appear to try to appease the builder autism element somewhat but that still means you effectively are playing a objectively shittier subnautica or minecraft.

Whats the audience they actually intended for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/z4NnP
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lmao you got ripped off

I did but i have a fascination with collecting shitty games. I also got Battleborn sealed for 20p from an actual retail store and they handed me a fistful of day one dlc codes and 'character cards'. Its like collecting old atari knock off carts to me. If its infamously shit and below 1 brexitbuck its going in the shit collection. Up there with past shits like X blades and Bullet Witch.
Like steam but physical.

Here's some fond memories from the weeks after release.

Average then mediocore then finally uninstalled, that's it, it's a shitty game overhyped, it was supposed to be jewtuber stream bait because muh minecraft exploration in space minus the in-depth systems and total freedom to do whatever you want in a sandbox game, No Man's Sky won't let you do that.

According to Steam, there's about 700 people playing it right now, maybe you should ask them?

Here's the real question: Could mods even scrape this off the floor?

Procedural generation is like pixel art: fags use it as an excuse to do less work when doing either well requires effort.

Technically yes but practically no.
but all the bullshit you'd be adding has already been modded into one bethesda title or another.
On top of that, the amount of time and effort you'd be putting in to mod it you could be playing a real game with actual gameplay.

No, mods can't fix shit games.

Holy shit, normalfags are bad at lying, I thought they were supposed to be the the ones that are good at human interaction.

Mods can't even really fix Skyrim, shit Enderal rebuilt a game around it and even then it's only okay

indie pixelshit =/= pixel art

It's nothing but buyers remorse taken to the next level, I almost feel bad for them considering how bad the shitshow became. First they were saying "it's going to be the best thing ever you fucking trolls haha fuck you", then the game releases and they go "you have to give it time, all games releases are wonky so who gives a shit, it'll work with patches", and after becoming the laughing stock of the entire community while the subsequent patches fixed nothing they just cried "STOP IT SHUT UP LEAVE US ALONE".

It was kind of spectacular to watch them be so absolutely defensive about it, nearing star citizen levels of fanboyism, even journalists became part of the hivemind, defending poor sean murray from dissent and criticism, attacking everyone with valid concerns while attempting to silence everyone with legitimate questions about the vague details, and then have them crying in a corner about how everyone laughs at them because they all look even more ridiculous now that their precious game of the millenium turned out to be a second rate copy of minecraft but done even worse than just that.

Anyone that's saying the game is good have either never played it, buyer's remorse, or plain old virtue signalling for a fellow SJW cuck. Make no mistake the tears of everyone's butthurt when NuMaleSky was just as much of a piece of shit everyone expected it to be was glorious.

btw, you can play a flash parody of NMS for free, pretty much the same fucking gameplay only in 2D. You ripped yourself off, and somehow bought whatever vestigial remains of virtue signalling hype exists.

i wouldnt even remember this game exists if you didnt try to remind me every week.
the audience was people that pre order games, of course! who knows, maybe they intended to fulfill their promises but got in over their heads, but they certainly stretched the truth if not outright lied about what would be in the release.
otherwise maybe it shoots for people who like the idea behind minecraft but something holds them back from liking it like its graphics, popularity or lack of progression. you know, people like the idea of 'improving' by watching numbers go up.

wholeheartedly disagree, there are game that i enjoy only because there are mods.

I'm not sure if this is fact, just my theory, but I think any user who bought Spore at launch and saw how boring that sort of game becomes automatically knew this game would be fucking nothing.

It's a cringe worthy line, how can you forget you don't like something? It never occurred to him during the checkout that he might not like the game? Furthermore, what kind of casual idiot makes a blanket statement like "I don't like RPGs"? Then again, if I thought all RPGs were like NMS I probably might feel the same.

It's another retarded variation on the widely used "Actually I didnt care". It's how they justify making stupid decisions

0.000000000000001 Cent has been deposited in your account.

It just pisses me off so much when people waste money impulsively like that and then refuse to even feel an ounce of shame about it. It could be because One side of my family is Jewish but that kinda thing just really irks me.

On the topic of stupid fucking arguments

Thats okay just wait for Star Citizen, itll be a million times better

Saved these when they released.

They know the two rules of social interaction
1. Noone gives a shit, you can lie to your hearts content
2. Obey the social hierarchy, treat those lower on the totem pole like shit behind their backs and suck the dicks of those higher.

Nobody liked it. It was almost universally hated. The only people what defended it, defended it with statements of "THEY'LL PATCH IT".

That was his point, m8. They believe they can cut down some work by doing "pixel art", but good pixel art takes skills and a certain know-how developed through extensive experience. Same shit happens with procedural generation: You can use it to add detail and depth (If you know what you're doing) or you can use it as a mean to compress data (file size) and stretch content.

thats pretty much how you get ahead in life. fucked up aint it

Maybe, but I don't know how much mod support it has, and it'd require a hell of a lot of modding.

I think the ones who were doing honest reviews said nice things about it at first because they're the type of people who will try to find the best in people and kinda fumble a bit when they fail.

They're the type who, for everything, make an honest attempt to find the good as well as bad in things in order to give a complete professional view.

But no, nobody liked it.

That's not people trying to convince themselves it wasn't lame, that's people trying to convince others that it isn't lame. Basically a bunch of Sean Murray-lites trying to scam unsuspecting people.

I "played" it for maybe 30 hours total.
It's extremely relaxing, but in the way that anaesthetics are relaxing, not in a soothing or comforting way. The closest analogy would be some kind of brain parasite that burrows its way into your brain and flips your sleep circuits.
You were right to call it lame, that's an apt description - it's not a videogame, it's a videolame. It's what would naturally result if videogames could catch polio.

Because that's what this rat did. Whenever he was asked if the game would have X feature he'd reply in the positive, and the cretins kept buying it.

Those people are called "liars", user. Just like when you meet a random person and they utter "have a nice day" to you. They don't know you. They don't give a fuck if you have a nice day or not. They're dishonest twats who spouted that garbage simply to make themselves feel like nice people, when in fact they're termites chewing at the support beams of society.
Fucking god damn communists have made it impossible to criticize things without being called a bigot or a hater. Guess fucking what, haters only hate when something is worth hating. It's not the fault of the hater - if someone hates you, it's your fucking fault.

sage because my post went off the rails in a few places

Typical defense of nms:

To be fair, why else would you eat 10,000,000,000,000,000 planets worth of shit if you didn't enjoy it?

I hate you.

**I deleted that post because it was a 100% off-topic valve break of my anger tank.
But hating assholes is completely fair and natural, user, I don't blame you.**

I can fault Sean for being a lying shithead, but I can't fault him for generating the hype that led to him lying his way into a hole. One Man's Lie is not as much the product of his malevolence as it is a product of modern gaming media. I really don't think Murray felt that his game would gather as much attention as it did and I think in a lot of ways it was the gaming press who made a bigger deal of the game than it really was. It was the gaming news sites as well as players who kind of backed Sean into a corner with all these hopes and dreams, projecting their own desires onto the game and demanding he confirm their predictions. As a new developer who probably just wanted to make a larger than usual space exploration sim, Murray probably felt like he HAD to lie just to not disappoint anyone as much as he felt the desire to in order to get money.

By definition, it isn’t a game. At all. STOP FALLING FOR THE HEGELIAN DIALECTIC.

That's pretty much how I saw it too. I highly doubt when he first started he had any intention for the game to be anything more than a $10 algorithm test, but when looking for any platforms to put it on some retarded sony executive thought it was the most mind blowing concept and threw a fuck ton of money at it for advertising. He knew that this money plus whatever he makes in the first few days of sales would be enough to retire on some private island somewhere, he took it and ran. He may be a lying piece of shit but there's no reason to assume he had ill intent from the start and literally everyone here would do the exact same thing in his situation.

Real talk: WHY DIDN'T HE NAME IT NOMADS SKY?

The whole "point" is following the atlas trail forever, thats literally the singular point of the game.

They set themselves up for no man jokes worse than blunderborn did.

Marketing really shit the bed on this one boys.

It is a video game, because it is sexist.
archive.is/z4NnP

I tried it 3 times now: on launch, after base-building update and after land vehicles update. Everything in NMS feels like a chore: it takes time to mine resources, get into your ship, take off, land, get out, enter copy-pasted structure, get a worthless upgrade, drag you ass at snail's pace back to you ship, repeat ad nauseam. I didn't even make it to features advertised in big updates, that's how boring the game is.
I'd be down for some space exploran, even with procedurally generated planets with procedurally generated fauna, but everything about NMS is so bad, it makes Starbound look competent.
And what kind of a retard you gotta be to think that upgrades taking inventory space is a good idea?

How's the whole "gamer" culture a thing anyway?
"Yea, that's right: I play videogames so I'm a gamer!"
How fucking pathetic do you have to be to call yourself a "gamer"?

These brainwashed morons are corporate fucktoys, thanks to growing up with no culture, advertising has convinced them that buying products from companies is the same thing as being cultured.
They're Gamers because they buy the latest releases and the most expensive products from the greediest companies.

Mods are supposed to enhance an already good game core by smoothing out the rough edges to create an even better experience. When there's no good game core there's nothing to enhance, it's effectively akin to polishing shit. It'll look more pleasing but it'll still taste like shit.

And anyone who questioned what you actually do in the game was attacked by game "journalists"

So has the game improved at all since release? Checking their twitter I noticed they released some stuff to add to the game. Stuff that should have been included in the first place. But if they add enough stuff would it be EVENTUALLY worth anyones time?

It has "improved": you can now own bigger ships, go on some side quests, and build bases. Recently you can use land vehicles to increase exploration speed, but it matters little since the core problem hasn't been solved, the game is still boring as fuck and you only go on to shoot rocks for materials and make stuff to reach the center of the galaxy to be rewarded with that god awful """""ending""""". They can add all they wish, but if this core issue isn't solved, along with the devs actually implemented the features they were so big on delivering, no amount of patches will save this time-sink.

i never even pirated it

you retards talk too much about it if you ask me

You don't understand, it's about the journey, not the destination. And the shekels, your shekels.

You procedurally convinced me, my mind has been blown.

Is this nigger, for real?