There are people here who thinks fighting game inputs are too hard

Why they gotta be that way though? It's just needlessly obtuse.

Because they're designed to be done on a stick.

So stop designing them that way.

I'm not crapcom, plus the fanbase of the genre equates simpler inputs with smash.

It's the explanation (I'm a nigger from the FGC).

Why are cross site faggots not banned on site.

Smash controls better than any "real" fighting game.

Fighting games are most boring games in existence. Only two fighters on the screen at a time. Two players only. One background, that changes instantly after loading next battle, and few combos/inputs to proceed. No dungeons, no quests, no armies to command, nothing.
Only faggots play fighting games and all male characters look like faggots in them precisely because of that.

Bitch try doing a triple 360 while standing then we'll talk

I dunno, I've memorized them years ago and I simply can play them fine.

Is like learning to play a musical instrument.

I also agree smash inputs make more sense for newer games.

They were designed for local multiplayer.

It's not about not being able to do it. It's about making things less intuitive for no real reason. Imagine if other genres were like this. Imagine if shooters still controlled like clunky N64 games because tradition, and the fanbase freaked out whenever a developer considered doing something like adding dual analoge support. I don't get it.

Originally in games like SF2 they were designed that way to make the special moves hard to perform. Which to be fair is pure artificial difficulty.

because fighters should be played on arcade sticks.

if you want to play a fighter at pro level you need an arcade stick.

no other reason.

Why don't they make the controls less shitty so I can play with a controller like every other video game?

With your gay partner?

because board owner is a retarded kike

where would they put the hadouken button on the snes controller

because the fanbase already have arcade sticks or they play on arcades.

The point is they could've made the inputs easier but chose not to, like not making you do a full 360

Do modern fighting games still get arcade versions, outside of maybe a few in Japan?

normal inputs = less risk basic attacks
special inputs (hadouken) = more powerfull attacks
strong special inputs = stronger attacks
SNK inputs = brag archievements

japan is the most important market for videogames made in japan.

afaik most jap fightan get arcade versions but I doubt you could find those outside of japan

What?

its not hard, you're just a pc casual

It's harder than it has any need to be. You shouldn't design things to be unintuitive, even if they are managable with a little practice.

fortunately they aren't unintuitive, you're just bad and are crying about it, probably can't even play stgs

I'm bad because I never put the time in, because the barrier of entry is a pain in the ass, and I don't want to shell out for an arcade stick just to play properly.

Why hasn't a fighting game with a control scheme like Yie Ar Kung Fu been made again for so long?

Sounds like someone wants to get raped by Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 again.

I hate combos. I can make do with any moves and ultras but the timing of the combos are really hard to pull off in a real fighting with another person. I hate it because it takes away from strategizing and makes it a game about which autist practiced the combo more in training mode. It's so fucking stupid.

I don't think so.

Then just don't get hit. I play guilty gear with a friend and he know a combo that takes off a ton of health, yet I still do good against him because I make sure he doesn't land the start of the combo.

Fighting games are made for niggers, gooks and mexicans only.

Meh.
The point is, if I land a hit, the punishment is a lot less severe than if he lands a hit. It's fucking retarded.

Then figure out some small combos. Most of the stuff I do is just 3 hits, but I do a lot of them. What do you play usually?

fag detected

so in other words

I am really upset that the RS motion is referred to as a pretzel. While it does technically look like one, its actually intended to be Infinity, not a pretzel

Inputs aren't hard in practice, it's doing them on the fly and even knowing when to do them that is. I can't play 20D chess with my opponent when even smoothly moving around the screen feels like a chore. I'd love to be good at fighters and I absolutely don't blame the genre, I'm just too slow of a thinker for them.

If the inputs aren't hard and don't provide a skillgap, why not simplify them even further then?

There are plenty fighting games that don't have long, complex combos.

lol what the fuck?

Good job.

Street Fighter IV
It seems like a lot of combos are long and take a loooooot of damage.

Like what

Disgusting.

Disgusting.

Pretzel is what, lower arc?

pic related

Are you perhaps having a stroke?

Oh okay. Those are a bit annoying but the ones that involve a counter directional (from previous motion) diagonal are the ones that always fuck me up.

/thread

Wow who would have guessed

Mah niggas.

You can say that about pretty much any multiplayer video game community.

While I agree that 360ºs and pretzels-like movements look at Duck King movelist in old Fatal Fury games are too much, quarter/half circles are used not because they are designed to be hard but because, otherwise, it would interpolate with movement options like running, jumping and blocking. Smash-like games uses a block button and analog sensibility for knowing when it's a move or a movement option and MortalKombat has both a block and run buttons

There's plenty of fighting games that don't use this type of philosophy like jewpuncher's down,down shoryukens, one-button moves in Persona 4 Arena/Ultimax and the way Netherrealm games are designed (MortalKombat/Injustice) with double directional for moves. There's indie games like Pocket Rumble, TrajesFatais and lol Fantasy Strike this one only have left,right and a jump button for movement and each special move is a different button

You don't need an arcade stick for modern fighting games. They usually uses the 4 face buttons and are pretty lenient for registering your inputs like, you don't need to perfectly forward, down, down-forward for a shoryuken if just forward,down,forward will do. SFV only uses 6 buttons and 360 for "legacy" status. Even KOFXIV removed pretzel motions.

Learn a simple small combo and work your way to hit them. Fishing for a combo is part of strategy in some games/characters. Also, if by Ultras, you mean SFIV combos, they're usually bullshit 1-frame links. Many other games are more lenient and easier. If you want more "footsie" based games and shorter combos, look for KOF'98, SuperTurbo, RealBout and Samurai Shodown they're all free on fightcade.

Chronicles of the Sword of Soul Calibur III was godlike.

By Ultras I mean Ultras. As in, the move that takes the ultra bar to perform an ultra move that has a special animation.

FUCKING EXACTLY
I hate it.
I'm terrible at executing them and don't the patience to practice in practice mode.
I hate it because I can't just have fun fighting other people without spending a lot of boring, tedious time in practice mode because everyone else does it and I'm at a disadvantage if I don't do them.
I mean i can still try and win sometimes but it's frustrating to lose to some combo faggot even if I outsmarted him more times, just because his punishments are a lot more severe.

Like I said, get KOF'98, ST even 3rdStrike is pretty lenient on inputs and parrying whole moves are high level stuff, Real Bout Special/2 or Samurai Shodown 2/Vspecial.

But if you really like Street Fighter, get SFV because they've toned down a lot of stuff to make more accessible [spoiler]You'll have to grind a lot if you don't want to pay for the characters.
And I mean A LOT[/spoiler].

Pokken, depending on the character.

Nope.

The only inputs I really have a problem with are pretzels, 360s, multi-360s, and whatever the fuck you call the input for Ivy's Summon Suffering and Calamity Symphony.
Thank god those inputs never became standard.

The design purpose for fighting game inputs instead of one-button specials in fighting games is the extra time it takes to input that motion (disregarding charge moves). It effectively makes it slower to react with a special move since you need to react to a situation and then make the input instead of just pressing a button, unless you were anticipating the situation and buffering the special move's motion.

I used to play Darkstalkers in the late 90s and JoJo and MvC2 in the early 2000s and have never even touched SF4 or SF5. Is new Street Fighter babby tier or something?

typical.

Maybe he lets you win on account of being autistic?

I thought that's what it was at first. Most people make exceptions for me considering my autism, but I'm going out on a limb here and suspecting that perhaps I'm winning is because he's absolute shit at video games. The jury is still out on that one, though.

I play my fighting games with a keyboard.
Sticks are a meme.

I can't play fighting games for shit, but I've touched a real human vagina so I guess it could be worse.

we all did at the moment of our birth bruh, booooring

The only thing I dislike are superlong combo or juggle wankfests. A little of that goes a long way. Combos should be at most 4 or 5 hits under normal conditions.

You two angry faggots should fuck.

If you were actually good at MvC2 and Jojo yeah, new fighting games made by Capcom are much easier. Well, SFIV depends of FADC and 1-frame links but SFV is really easy and simple.

Not really, you can add the delay for the move just like most have startup frames. But interpolation with movement options and risk/reward are the real reason. The opponent might jump you as you do the shoryuken motion so since it ends with a forward input, you'll miss the move and he'll be free to punish youbut if it was a single button for the input, the move could autocorrect and always hit.

Underrated post

Underrated post>>12460351

I am one of those people. I never managed to do a fatality in any mortal kombat game.

I also play on keyboard

Subzero's classic fatality in the first Mortal Kombat is simply forward, down, forward, high punch. The feeling of discovering this alone will never be forgotten.

fighting games suck

there's nothing fun about one opponent constantly getting juggled about pathetically for the other to win

that's not a fight, that's just a beatdown

impossible to due to network lag

Try divekick and quit being a little bitch.

why do most fighting games have tiny guitar hero minigames in them?
why do you sluggishly scoot forward to move in all but one fighting game I have tried?
if getting hit by one move makes you helpless to another why are they not a single move? why make the helpless player wait and therefore be not playing for a longer amount of time?

these are what keep me from enjoying most fighting games, I like dark souls and smash even though they are not completely free from the sins on that list.

Bait.

Not too shabby

literally not

Why you niggas so mad about games you don't play?

I usually only get mad at games that are almost good and not bad games, but I also get mad at people who insist bad games are good
most fighting games cover both.

Fighting games are for niggers and spics.

We posses wrists, but only temporarily. Like the wings of Icarus.

This is why you play puff.

No you fucking nigger. The harder hitting the move is, the more complex it is to input it that's why a Hadouken is just a simple quarter circle forward and Giefs Super is two 360's. This is done of balancing reasons, if a DP would simply be a button press, nobody would ever be able to get a jump in against Ryu for example.

Better move=harder imput. Like top-shelf equipment costing more in RPGs. But I know a universal cheat for fighting games that makes those moves easy: Practice.
I blame smashfags, honestly. Must be nice when none of your special moves require more than a couple of button presses.

Holy shit, what's with this pic?

i know a game that doesn't have that issue :^)
except if you're stunned you only get one chance to counter and if you fuck up then you're really helpless

sounds like you got your ass beat honestly

most fighting games are like rock paper scissors with mild chess elements, sometime long flashy shit is fun and sometimes it aint

dark souls and smash aren't fighting games though so you're probably just out of the loop, no biggie

We get it, Holla Forums sucks at fighters and always will. That's why no one takes anyone here seriously.

They have tiny guitar hero minigames because it takes presence of mind to be able to shift from a random hit into a combo and then successfully pull that off in the middle of a match. Most fighting games that aren't marvel keep these fairly short.

Walking speeds have gotten slower over time in fighting games, I don't honestly know why. However in most modern fighting games, you can dash, and in guilty gear and king of fighters, you can run.

Because together they're like a combined move. Think of it like being able to customize on the spot how a move begins and ends. You have a bunch of moves you can start off of, and a bunch of moves you can end with, and depending on the game, there's some stuff in the middle too. For example with Ryu, you can start with a crouching medium kick, and then go into fireball, for low damage and general safety, or a whirlwind kick, for higher commitment and damage, or a dragon punch, for extremely high damage, and handing them their best combo when you land.

You can change up your combos to get more damage, knockdown, corner carry, reset potential, etc. You can learn more ways to extend your combos, or use the initiative they grant to screw over your opponent in a setup after they end.

There's combos for different types of situations off of different starting moves. There's combos that can be confirmed, or which grant big damage, but have an unsafe startup.

Not to mention that for the player that is waiting, you need to consider what option you'll do out of the combo, or what option you'll do in case they drop the combo. You can mash reversal moves in hitstun, or you can hold block or jump, or mash jabs to catch them on wider frametraps.

There's a strategic element to all of these, much like how the best combo starters in Smash Bros require significant commitment.

Didn't know that you could beat Dead or Alive characters naked. I understand why the game has such a large fanbase now.

Dear god in the eighth grade

You're like those third-world workers who are really, really fast at doing menial shit like packaging playing cards or rolling out donuts, and think that's impressive.

The buffering aspect disappears if you make special moves slower but 1-button moves, they'll just always be slow, remove combo paths and the strength of buffered specials. Motions have their place.

I came here to post this.

Excuse you?

Please excuse my daughter, she is very lively today.

Hadokens are easy, it's the Shoryuken I can't grasp