Gunblade's a stu-

Gunblade's a stu-

please use archive.is/news/article-2244080/Sword-pistol-brandished-Lord-Nelson-Battle-Trafalgar-goes-auction.html

user, that is not a gunblade.
That is a sword that can shoot a bullet.

A gunblade in Final Fantasy 8 did not shoot bullets.
Instead, you would stab the enemy with the knife part, and then pull the trigger. It wasn't for shooting. It was to make the blade vibrate more while inside them.

thank for reposting something everybody has seen before

some of the later games in the series used a gunblade like that though.

Don't forget how the blade would lite on fire for reasons!

I always knew Final Fantasy was retarded, but I didn't realize it was THAT retarded. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? The same guy who said the key blade shouldn't be a chainsaw? They should've just made the gun blade a saw sword!

Lord Nelson just got a million times more manly.

nigger, you have magic and giant monsters, physics goes out the window

I know
lets make a motorcycle blade

Even though a game takes creative liberties, you still have to have consistent logic to the world.

This is actual concept art.

you should not expect any realism in nip games fam

They are stupid, they're difficult to aim because of the sword weighing it down and you cant hold it in two hands because of the sharp sword. On top of all that, the grip tends to be wierd, making it a subpar sword.
A gunaxe or gunspear is smarter, you can aim it two handed to compensate for the axe/spear head weight, it would be a rifle and not a pistol and it works perfectly well as a melee weapon.
Oh wait, they were called bayonets.

The only one I can think of is Lightning's thing in 13 and that's more of just like a giant butterfly knife that can fold into a gun

Fucking saw sword is way cooler than a pointy vibrator with a revolver grip.

Looks like crap.

It was the only cool thing about FF13.

>>>/k/

What about Clouds sword from Advent Children?

Thanks, you too.

Am I being overly autistic here ? When you see that fucking message a hundred times you should get it.

Please update your autism.

What's the purpose of the revolver cylinder on Squall's gunblade then?

To hold his ammo

Really ? Are they censoring shit ? Since when is it compromised ?

ALAKAZOOM!

It revolves

logic and physics are not the same thing numbnut, you can have a video game that is completely retarded in the physics department but it's logic is still solid

Fair enough OP, but Horatio Nelson was one bad motherfucker.

The third son of a country parson, he was a small, harmless-looking man, who stood five feet six inches tall and weighed 130 pounds. His features were gentle and pubes-cent, even feminine. He was as passionate and tender as a poet in springtime, pouring his heart out to the women he loved — above all to Emma Hamilton, the beautiful young wife of the British ambassador to Naples, whom he loved adulterously and publicly. He wrote impassioned love letters to her, addressing her as “my dearest beloved Emma,” “Fair Emma, Good Emma, Great Emma, Virtuous Emma,” and “the dear friend of my bosom,” and he adored their illegitimate daughter, Horatia, whom he called “my dearest angel.” He was full of warmth and kindness and praise for all of his colleagues in the navy. He called them his “Band of Brothers”—a reference to Henry V, his favorite play—and he was gracious and thoughtful and generous to them all. He had a magnetism that drew his fellow officers to him and made them compete for his approval.
But he had a darker side. Behind the gracious and sensitive exterior there was a cold resolve, a ruthlessness, even a kind of savagery. His personal courage was extreme to the point of recklessness. He had seen so much action that it is incredible, in retrospect, that he survived as long as he did. In a 1794 attack on Corsica, a shell had exploded nearby, blasting sand and dirt into his face. He lost the sight of his right eye as a result, and for the rest of his life both the pupil and the iris had a uniformly cloudy blue tone that made his gaze unnerving, especially when he was angry. In an attack on the Canary Islands in 1797, his right elbow had been shattered by a musket ball, and his arm had to be amputated without anesthetic. He did not complain when the surgeon sawed through the bone, but he thought the use of a cold knife to cut through the flesh caused unnecessary pain, and instructed that all future amputations should be performed with a heated blade. At age thirty-nine, he was required to submit to his government a memorial summarizing his service record. He wrote, in part:
"Your memorialist has been in four actions with the fleets of the enemy, in three actions with frigates, in six engagements with batteries, in ten actions in boats employed in cutting out of harbors, in destroying vessels, and in the taking of three towns…. He has assisted in the capture of seven sail of the line, six frigates, four corvettes, eleven privateers of different sizes, and taken and destroyed near fifty sail of merchantmen. [He] has been actually engaged against the enemy upwards of one hundred and twenty times, has lost his right eye and arm, and been severely wounded and bruised in his body…."
This he had written in 1797, when his three greatest sea battles — Aboukir Bay, Copenhagen, and Trafalgar — had not yet been fought.

it's just me or japan has a bad list of badly designed weapons (including fictional ones)

Squall shoots the gunblade like a normal gun in some cutscenes (when they're infiltrating SeeD again), but most of the time the gun part magically makes the blade hurt more.

Didn't they just copy that form the brits?

They spent all their military tech points earlygame on those fucking swords and now they're stuck with them.

I mean they even made melee planes for fuck's sake.

Wew. They still haven't figured out how to make guns.

Well the Lee Enfield has the fastest bolt action outside of straight pull rifles.

Bolt actions are as fast as the operator is used to them.

Only factor here is if you can fire with the pinky while manipulating the bolt or not.

Shut up dork, bull-pups are the guns of the future, its just that every bull-pup implemented thus far has been a catastrophe of stifled innovation and backwards design philosophies implemented specifically to impress millitary fudds who are stuck in the past.

I think imperial japan lacked of the modern warfare experience that western powers had, speacially the knowledge from WWI, so they didn't know what worked and what didnt worked on the modern warfare, i think that's is what happened whit the Yamato battleship, they relied too much on psychological weapons and firepower focus (putting all the eggs on one basket) on a war were indirect aproach is a thing, i am mostly talking off my ass though.

As soon as the germans make a bullpup they might work, but we must wait for Klaus to get to it.

how? did they agree to transfer all the clicks their links receive to the site where the link originates or something? Because the way i remember that this whole please-use-archive was to deny clickbait articles that were shilled 24/7 here the clicks , so unless you can support your claims with something other than hot air i call bullshit

Most mad minute drill I've seen fire with their middle finger not pinky. Anyway the bolt placement really helps it with speed, if you grip it right you don't have to change your hand position to work the bolt.

Haven't you ever watched an anime before? Who needs superior or even functional weaponry, when you have the power of friendship and teamwork and an indomitable fighting spirit that will literally break causality and make miracles happen if you just believe in your emperor enough.

The will to win is more important to nips, than the tools to accomplish victory.

Yeah, that's the closest thing to Squall's gunblade that's been uncovered.
It probably didn't even exist until about a month ago.
Let that blow your mind.
Shadilay didn't exist in the actual, original 1986.
The Dark Knight Rises begins in 3 different ways.
You want safe?
AK47 automatic assault rifle.
house, rigged with live grenades
sawed off shotguns
other than that you ain't safe.
Smoke Cigars and Cigarettes, because they keep the blood flowing once your body starts to shut down.

He did have one arm, so he couldn't hold a sword and a pistol like most naval officers of the time.

Also a cool guy

Who copied that design from the Czechs

What did he mean by this?

You go to Monster.com, you'll be a monster.

About 4-8 months ago? Ask pol. Theyve been memory holing select nonkosher things

what MDE video is that quote from?

Ideas Man.