Alien swarm

Who wants to play this?
You don't have to be good, just don't quit after our 10th failed run.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009232769/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028156482/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198141281958/
steamcommunity.com/id/herecomespapa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your name, fam. I want to devastator run for lols.

are you in /aus/?

fuck you I'm going to play anyway
why valve never moved on this sooner or looked for profit in it is beyond me
it's fun as fuck

Gimme them IDs m80, but i'm a SEAfag so beware my high ping, also my biggest grudge is that people seem to fucking quit at random leading to me getting booted out of the lobby
I love welding doors but sometimes fuckwits don't get the hint and gets welded out

Valve had became complacent, they see the fanbase they had made around themselves as free third-party developers that will gladly slave over their works just to get recognition from them. I hate them eternally for that and for fucking over their own games because of their combined laziness and retardation, also paid mods.

Don't remind me, now they are pretty much scum because they don't make games they instead do minimal effort in creating a platform and make the community create everything. They're out of ideas and 2 of the last ones hit a flop and never expanded (l4d, portal).

I was just thinking that alien swarm came out back when they were still making things and yet never decided to put a little effort in to it or support map makers. I mean why did they hire the UT2004 Alien Swarm devs if they weren't putting them to work? Fuck valve. I'm glad their games are free because I wouldn't want to pay for any of them in this day an age because they're fucking assholes.

why are there no IDs posted
do you guys not want to play?

L4D was their own fault because they promised content for L4D1 but made L4D2 a year later so the playerbase is divided in the two games. As for Portal, that shit was popular as fuck it just didn't have a popular in-game store for shit like TF2 and CS: GO.

Everyone's too pussy or they're smart and don't want the FBI/NSA to track them.

I'm too scared

Nothing will happen until you swing the bat, user. Unless you know you're cancer/autistic.

I know 2 Holla Forums people and I played with them once.
Was nice.

Did they (finally) fix custom music causing massive performance drops?

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009232769/
Let's be nice.

Why don't we do this? Just say 'Mark is gay' once and we'll know who you are.

L O R E

Mark is your friend? You'll see me trying to get you kicked if you're in the game I'm in.

Can I play this game without a mic?

yeah, just type fast

He removed me from his friends list some time ago actually, we didn't really had many games in common so we barely even talked.
He's a good jew though, I wouldn't holocaust him.

Now THIS is autism

oh hai mark

hey bucky

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028156482/

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198141281958/

are you playing on brutal? i can finish missions by myself even on hard

I'm guessing you're using the chainsaw user
I love that thing, but you're fucked when there's those flying fucks

Anyone?

I'll reinstall steam for this

one moment gotta create a portage overlay for steam dependencies

If only International Jewry wasn't trying to get us all killed/mixed, I fucking love Jewish comedies.

The "Tears for Tarnor" campaign is really well done.

It's not the Jews. They are just a scapegoat.

Every normalfag under the sun now talks about le kekistan pepe frog XD, so that guy might not even be from here.

I think i finally played all the new campaigns

Pretty good, can be difficult

Difficult/complicated map layout but interesting

Pretty straightforward and easy

Bugged out in the first mission

CQC campaign, didn't really stand out. Kinda easy.

Short and not too difficult. Last mission is bugged.

Somewhat difficult mainly due to retarded teammates

Lengthy and pretty difficult

Forgot the bonus missions.
First one is kinda meh but the other ones are nice and quite easy

They just released Alein Swarm: Reacctive Drop which is a much bigger version of the game

bump

How do i find other competent people to play this game with?

Just installed it, the game looks good but im still looking for a imperial guard mod

Holla Forums steam threads can only end up in cancer and datamining. But mostly cancer

can I use a controller?

No one. The only reason anyone ever played it in the first place was for the hat.

Pure luck.
I played this with my friends just now and we were a squad of bumbling morons. I took the lead since I'd played the game before but they still only stuck together half the time.
For just one level they listened to me. On level four we were a well oiled machine moving in formation, calling out contacts and generally being badass. After that beautiful performance they went back into moron mode. Apparently my tactics made the game too easy, so instead of bumping up the difficulty they just went solo.
Fuck me.

Bonos TF2 Hat.

can't you fags just host a server and post the IP here

The hat is shit famalam and don't fit the TF2 artstyle at all before Volvo decided to butchert in the name of hats

Yup, ofcourse 90% of the time you met incompetent retards, turtling players or stupid fucks who try to solo with a chainsaw. A sign of a good player is that he will do all of the objectives at sanic speed, only stopping when the level forces him too

That's a sign of a bad player user.

Speedrunning should be organized between friends, not in public games.

No user, there is a difference between a person that finishes tasks very quickly and speedrunning fags, the former always make sure that he is backed by his teammates while he clears out the vanguard of the swarm while latter fits your description. and by the way, swarms usually comes from set locations and stop spawning after you finish an objective / reach a set location, after that the spawn area to will relocate to another one near the next objective. Of course stragglers will appear now and then to kill AFKs
There is a reason that you better keep up with them though, Pew Pews are limited while the bug swarms are infinite, even if you set the onslaught off. This is why turtling (unless the objective forces them to) is bad, since they will run out of ammo and their objective is to basically run a bunch of errands before getting the fuck outta there
Oh and speaking of errands, if you do manage to get into yourself one make sure to press that 'Take a Break' button on the menu, it makes you controlled by a bot, which is a neat feature since bots have auto-aim, so it won't make you a liability.

The problem is that most people don't know about proper formations and what a point man is.

Friendly fire happens all the time, people zig-zag when there is no reason to, running into your fire, trying to "race" who is the first player in the front.

Most players are idiots.

a Technician or Medic should never be point man, yet I always see some retard with a flamethrower trying to lead.

That's not how it works

oh I see you're one of those non-tech scrubs that aren't part of the duallies and flamer masterrace, how pathetic famalam

Insta kills parasites/other jumpy things
Constant burn damage
controllable, slows aliens down and pierces
Easy to kite with
Yeah, the flamer is a real shitty gun.

The pecking order goes like this:

Officer = Special Weapons > Tech > Medic

Firepower needs to be point man.
Firepower needs to guard the back.

Techs and Medics are cucks that stay in the middle and are babysitted until needed.

Prototype Rifle and Autogun are better at killing parasites, because insta lock.

Anyone who doesn't have shitty aim can kill a parasite, with any gun. I kill parasites all the time with default rifles.

Flamethrower is for blind people with shit aim. It's only overpowered in easy/normal mode. On harder difficulties you actually need something that can kill immediately.

butthurt useless officer detected

It's ok user, not everyone is fit enough to lead, use OP grenade launchers or Vindicators.

Nah, parasites take a few hits on brutal to kill, once they're on fire they cannot infect you, thus flamer is better. Not to mention it can goes through and can burn multiple in a line.

Yes, on easier difficulties it's the go-to-weapon but it's still pretty damn effective on brutal since something on fire cannot catch you.

stay mad, officer

I always wondered why Brutal and Hard is played so much but hardly anyone does Insane.

Never seen the point. If the next difficulty is the second hardest, may as well go all out.

Officers are only good for their Napalm mines, their Vindicators are meh at best except if you're Jaeger, also explosive shit but even then it's situational, the REAL powerhouse is always the Special weapons, and what does leadership do anyways?

Most people got infected because they only realized the parasite was there ALL ALONG before it's too lates, if you can see ahead or know where they spawn, they shouldn't be a problem. Btw Proto-rifle for tech is near rebundant for tech fucks since it gives you auto-aim (only useful for those flying fucks) but replacing your grenade launcher / underslung shotgun with a useless stun grenades.
Ermm no, see the flamethrower is good since it basically set the swarm on fire and stuns them as well, basically halving their speed and making them easy targets for the rest of team to pick off, it's an 'initiator' weapons that is good for kiting but useless against big fucks. Oh and it can extinguish fire without finding those fire extinguishers and is very ammo-efficient on top of all that.

Not even the dev team can finish a campaign on Insane iirc

vs

lol tech sluts.

Completely vulnerable while playing puzzle minigames, relying on the strong important people to protect him.

Vindicators are powerful run-and-gun shotguns.
The secondary fire can also light up biomass and eggs.

GL is extremely overpowered. No speed penalty even when reloading. Fast rate of fire, can kill a shieldbug in seconds, can destroy doors, can kill teammates in seconds, used in speedruns as well.

Leadership is a passive buff to the entire team. As long as the officer is alive everyone benefits.

Sarge is the biggest tank in the game, and Jaeger is great with things that go boom.

The stun grenades for Tech's proto rifle is not useless, they can save lives when used in big swarms. It's like AoE tesla stun/freeze effect.

The auto-aim helps against annoying buzzers which most people cannot hit, as well as parasites.

Once you know all the parasite locations, a flamethrower is redundant. Just use splash damage or kill it from a mile away.

dumb officers have a hard life, I pity you

anyone wants to play it with me RIGHT NOW

id?

Steam ID?

or however I should contact you

Pistols and flamethrower are not Tech exclusives, retard. Anyone can use them.

Good luck doing that without adrenaline, the unskippable 3 second splash screen, and RNG.

You either need other people to protect you, or waste a slot for a turret.

I have a pretty good life fam. Kill shit easily, hardly get any damage, boss others around, tell them how to play, I mean I'm the captain after all :^)

Not only that, but if (IF) I die, the mission doesn't automatically fail. On the other hand a shitty Tech that dies will ruin it for everyone else.

I don't know, I normally never use steam

I think my steam Id is Zaanarchy

okay I addded you

yeah and both techs have 3 damage bonus, do a buttload of damage with them and are on par with other so called "point man" classes, making them useless

if you're stupid and slow, which you are because you aren't playing tech, yes

haha

Crash has 3 damage and 3 explosives bonus, but is just as fragile as Faith/Wildcat. Look at that, Tech is as weak as a girl.

Vegas has only a melee damage bonus, which applies to fists, kicks and chainsaw only. He does have a health bonus so he doesn't die as easily as Crash.

Officers, in the mean time, have both insane damage bonuses AND health bonuses.

Scrub that only plays on easy mode detected.

Simply "hacking fast" without any protection won't work on most maps in harder difficulties. The moment you press E, swarms appear all around you. Without a turret or other people, you're dead.

Poor bait.

You're nothing but a weld slut, user. Face it.

On maps where there is no hacking, people have a sigh of relief because nobody has to pick the worst class in the game.

well fuck you too faggotface

steamcommunity.com/id/herecomespapa/
add me faggots i want to play later

Don't be mad sweetheart.

Medics are important for keeping dem health bars full.
Once we're tired and fatigued, a kiss on our dick and we're ready to carry you again.

Techs are important for specific levels where hacking is needed, but they need to be baby sitted. Tech is like a retarded nephew that you need to carefully watch and look out he doesn't do anything stupid.

Take your toxic masculinity and leave

t. Faith

projecting

I don't even

convert to tech master race or accept your inferiority, officer scum

What's wrong, couldn't handle the alien cock?

You faggots are worthless though, in my experience. You get in one parasite attack and you panic, then, die.

You gotta lot of nerve posting anime grills.

hahahAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I bet you never played Bastille you useless shit, jacking up everyone on drugs like a white trash he is

Only the nigger beaner gets a noticeable bonus from the weld, while Vegas the Nerd gets a reload bonus

oh shit i meant Crash the Nerd, fuck

Infected marines who are at death's door should be executed on sight to prevent the reproduction of parasites, and to conserve medical supplies. So remember to mercy kill people and you'll get dibs on the dead one's stuff