Fullderp: "I don't find anything but sadness in these posts" edition

Fullderp is a game where one of us declares himself the champ and takes a ragtag team of six Pokemon assembled by anons into an online competitive Pokemon battling simulator!

Of course. If we've got a champ, feel free to come in and watch and give him something when he calls for a new team. No experience necessary, and everything's done in-browser.

When the current champ calls "new champ", the first poster to claim it is our champ. The first six legal Pokemon suggested once champ has been claimed or "new team" has been called will be the team our champ uses to battle. Suggesters are not to make multiple suggestions for a team unless 15 minutes have passed since the most recent request, or if the champ specifically asks for re-requests. The champ will be battling in OU unless he specifies otherwise.
(Resuggests aren't meant to be an easy way to get two memes onto a single team. Resuggests are intended to be used when the champ does not seem likely to get a full team within a reasonable amount of time. If you are going to resuggest, make sure you say it's a resuggest so new suggesters know they can still suggest something. And generally, it's in good form to give the champ an open set, and the champ should replace his resuggest(s) as new suggestions come in.)

———————————
Showdown:
play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder/
———————————
The Rules:
Failure to follow the rules will result in IMPEACHMENT and/or BULLYING.
1. The champ cannot forfeit or intentionally throw a match.
2. The champ may not edit a set without the suggester's permission.
3. The champ is not allowed to timer stall.
4. All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
5. If someone re-suggests before 15 minutes have passed since the most recent suggestion, the champ must ignore it.
———————————
Pokemon Premades:
pastebin.com/raw/ywfa5ScW
———————————
Thread Finder:
gmakers.xyz/fullderp
This site will automatically redirect you to the current thread.
Bookmark it so you don't need to waste time browsing the catalog!
———————————

/roomvoice (username)
This lets us talk. Do this for every single person. If someone's unregistered, tell them in chat.

Protip:
Use [code] tags for your sets.
It makes it easier for the champ to import them.

OP Copypasta:
pastebin.com/raw/n1TX1p62
Just copy and paste!
Reminder:
Don't make the new thread until the old one is on Page 13!

Other urls found in this thread:

play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568874863
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568875530
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568878847
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568886503
play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568889047
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Current status:
WE HAVE A CHAMP
Old thread:

In other news:
>>>/pokemon/
Go make fun of OssanhaAntonov if you haven't already. It's great.

In other other news:
SECRETMAN FIX YOUR FUCKING SITE

Great. Now we need to put up with this cancer for even longer. This is fucking retarded and makes dead hours last even longer. Or it would, if anyone bothered listening to it.

Keep your retarded shit out of the OP, please.

If this fucking shit goes to bad gateway again i swear to fuck
Oh right the mons yeah how about Mismagius that's a cute one

Thing is, we haven't been getting dead hours very often lately. If waiting half an hour for a full team is too much for you then just tell people they can make early resuggests when you're champing.
(Assuming you're not a suggester who just likes to double down whenever they get the chance, which is why the rule was changed in the first place.)

I've told you all this would happen. You only had to listen to the glad tidings of simplicity and remove resugg shit from the rules or say it's up to chimp how he handles it.

That said, a mon with Simple.

play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568874863

play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568875530

We had dead hours last night. We get them every so often, it just so happens that they don't seem to line up with your schedule. The old rules work better to ensure minimal downtime; making the champ ask for resuggests themselves slows down and complicates things. If we have a group of, say, 2-3 posters, how long will it take to get a team? With the old rules, ideally ~20 minutes. With the new ones, ~45-60 minutes at best. For this reason, I choose to ignore your new rule, and use the old one.
Also, this is only tangentially related, but I dislike how you added that paragraph explaining your reasoning directly into the OP and the pastebin; because you're the person controlling that, and making these OP's so often, it puts you into a sort of position of power over the thread. You should keep the discussion to the thread itself or battles, instead of forcing it right into the OP.

play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568878847

i agree this new rule is retarded and it's for no reason

Yeah fuck you Marlo

I'm not disagreeing with you. I didn't say dead hours don't happen any more, but they're not the default state any more.

The new rule is meant to reinforce the idea that a chimp team should be six different suggestions from six different suggesters. The way things were with the old rule, we had people resuggesting immediately after 15 minutes had passed and they were basically forcing out other people from placing suggestions. "Chimps should replace resuggs with fresh suggs" would be a valid argument if chimps actually replaced resuggs (which was something that rarely happened), or if suggesters would go through the trouble of checking chimp's team to see if there were resuggs on it (which almost no one would do).

This is generally only the case during dead hours, which again, is not the typical state of the thread.
I don't want to sound like I'm throwing you under the bus, or making dead hours more unbearable than they already are, but calling for early resuggests during dead hours is better than getting unwarranted resuggests during not-dead hours.

I'll repeat it, because I think it's worth repeating:
The new rule is meant to reinforce the idea that a chimp team should be six different suggestions from six different suggesters.
This is how the game has always been meant to be played. Recently we've gotten a lot of new blood that has taken the resuggestion rule to mean "Hey, I can get two memes onto a team if I'm really fast and resuggest as soon as my 15 minutes are up", which is not how things were meant to be.

I'll accept that it might be an 'abuse of power', so to speak, but it was done with the intent of explaining why the resuggestion rule was created, and why abusing it hurts the thread.

Reasoning is explained in both this post and the OP. Because things have sped up in recent weeks, I'm slowing down the suggesting process because outside of dead hours, chimps do not have to wait very long for a team to fill up but immediate resuggests come in too quickly and force out anyone who wasn't already monitoring the thread.

no

'kay.

play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568886503

play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7oususpecttest-568889047

No. It isn't. You weren't even around during Showderp's early days. You weren't even around during Showderp, at all. You don't remember the time when the only limit to how many suggestions you could make was how quickly you could send a new post after your old one. You weren't around when the only timer on your resuggestion was 4chan's anti-spam feature. You don't remember the days when getting in as many memes as you could was encouraged, when it was a competition. Don't come around here acting like you know how things were "always meant to be played" when you don't even know the history behind this.

for