Wii U thread. Anyone got the OP copypasta handy? please i'm at a complete loss for installing CFW on this fucking thing

Wii U thread. Anyone got the OP copypasta handy? please i'm at a complete loss for installing CFW on this fucking thing

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/czfK4
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2)
ghostbin.com/paste/vb6g2
wiiu.guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let's try this again…

WARNING
Modifying your system can result in a brick. However, if you follow instructions exactly, bricking is almost impossible. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise.

'Wii U'
Last Thread: archive.is/czfK4
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Wii U on 5.5.1 firmware (latest firmware as of this post)
SD card (At least 16 GB, the bigger the better)
A USB storage device such as an external HDD (A SD card + USB Adapter also works for storing games). It's all explained in the guide. I haven't personally tried it
If you don't want to dick around with CFW and/or only have an SD card, there is also Loadiine which lets you load games straight from a SD card with no modding of the Wii U.
Just format the card to fat32 (with 64k allocation size since it speeds up loading in a few games). You might need a 3rd party program to do this, depending on SD card size.
Next install the Homebrew Launcher gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/ ,then place the Loadiine game folders (github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2) in the SD:\wiiu\games folder
Now visit loadiine.ovh on the Wii U Web Browser, finally launch the Homebrew Menu followed by launching Loadiine and start playing!
ghostbin.com/paste/vb6g2

GBATemp link's down.

Curious, mein fuhrer. It works when opened from a search for "wiiu homebrew launcher", and the address from the URL bar is:
which does not include the usual www, but is otherwise the same.

F

Good bye Dreamcast 2

Now it works. Thanks.

I tried installing mocha cfw but you need a 32gb sd card to install it.
Also I can't find an answer to this question anywhere. Does the wiiu support uhs 3 sd cards ?

Also, the github guide is apparently outdated by this: wiiu.guide/

What the fuck do I do?

Do you REALLY need a 64GB SD card for a black Wii U? I have a 16GB SD card and I know that's not ideal but what's the technical reason for that? Would a flash drive be an option?

CEMU 1.7.5 is going to come out in a couple of hours. I already pirated the patreon build and holy shit BotW runs at full speed now, suck it hardwarefags

B-but full speed, m-aster race, s-suck it hardware fags!

PC gaming is in such a sad state that worthless PC cucks take a garbage game working on a shitty emulator as some huge victory for their dead platform.

Id laugh but its honestly kind of sad.

am I on 4chan or Holla Forums? someone pinch me

Well yeah, but we all know all those issues will inevitably get fixed eventually. And its free. Meanwhile you had to spend money on a piece of hardware that's already on its way to being discontinued. Who's really the dumb one?

The only reason i still play my wii u is for Cuteboy dressup simulator Breath of the wild. It's a sad waste of perfectly fine hardware, i never even had any problems with the controller. If only Nintendo weren't such fucking retards.

I know someone made an infographic of how to hack this thing, but sadly my DL of it didn't work… anyone got that pic?

Kill your local Nintendo baby.
Everyday.

Have another (You).

Nah nigga it's clearly broken it's not blurry and full of jaggies.

Anybody got a good guide for getting BotW (or at-least Loadiine) to work on a hacked Wii U? I have HBL and Mocha CFW up and running but have not been able to get Loadiine to fucking load for the life of me, I've attempted multiple nightly builds, have tried basic troubleshooting, and it still doesn't work.

So I installed the homebrew channel. Where do I get the free games?

you dont use loadiine you stupid fuck

don't use loadiine, the loading times are beyond atrocious
install the game with the WUP installer

that looks pretty nice
shame my rig is a toaster and I payed for the U back in 2014
at least I can dress Link up in pretty girl clothes

How do I update my wup installed JP BotW? Update that's on the title key site is old, I think.

it should have the latest update
I downloaded the last one so the game would shut up about it and it worked perfectly

Installed with WUP installer, prompts for a system update and prevents me from loading the game, currently gonna try to install the update unless there's another way around I'm supposed to do. Would I be safe if I did a system update? I'm still on 5.5.1 but they never really updated it past that did they?

*installing the game's update, won't update system firmware unless I get confirmation.

So how do I use games downloaded from Wii U USB Helper on Loadiine? Do I gotta convert them or something?

And yes I saw these posts but I only have so much space. inb4 get a USB

Oh, might as well ask. If I pirate, say, Brain Age, can I use that for Haxchi or is the creator not joking when he says it'll brick my Wii U?

I NEED THE UNCOMPRESSED IMAGE

If you have experience when hacking a console, then you're fine.

no i fucking don't i only hacked my 3DS and Vita

Well shit, I don't think going for a used one is going to go well since normalfags probably rape their gamepads.