Xbox Chief: "We need a Netflix of Video Games"

Phil Spencer is interested in developing a "Netflix of Video Games" where the central focus of the service would be to dish out episodic content for a monthly subscription fee.

That's right, $60 pops just don't cut multi-million dollar productions anymore and Minecraft and other Tell-Tale related series indicate that there is a pretty penny to be exploited.

archive.fo/NR0vD

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thank God my backlog is so huge it will take me the next few decades to finish playing through it.

Who the fuck is we? Publishers? Developers? Kangz?

You aggydaggy fags better git gud because I'm not buying games anymore

They didn't even get Windows Live to work.
what makes them think this will work.
disgusting

My beef with this is that it will only benefit the developers and producers while leaving consumers to rot in the field. Imagine if Star Citizen was released in small chunks at $2/month. Imagine the incredible amount of money you would end up paying once the episodic content series is finished. Gentlemen, this is a sneak peek at 2020's jewery.

(((We)))

Mass Effect and Dragon Age are closer to that thanks to save import mechanics.

It will crash and burn like everything else MS has attempted in the past decade. These are the same fuckwits that are busy making W10 so shit people are actively going back to 7 and 8, despite MS trying their hardest to force everyone onto their new "service".

For fuck sake!

isn't Sony already did that with their streaming service? But the way Spencer word it, its very weird. Isn't XBL and PSN already a digital distribution service? why can't he just put episodic games there?

No we don't and I hope you die in a fire

Triple A development is becoming unsustainable (we fucking told you), remember Cloud Streaming? that was a waste of money, and TV, TV, and TV for your Xbone reveal was fucking stupid, and destroying all your first party studios and their veterans and their respective community, let Microsoft fuck off vidya.

MMMHMHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So is Steam. And they do put episodic games there. But it's not a dedicated platform for episodic content. Which is what Shill Spender meant. He effectively wants to rip this small audience from those services and form his own walled garden.

Or you could just cut back on the game's budget, especially the marketing portion.

Look at this stupid goy.

Every time I think MS is learning, they say/do something unbelievably retarded.

Why? XBL and PSN already charge you a monthly subscription. This will never work because it sound so fucking dumb, who the hell think this is a good idea?

Isn't Netflix already just Twitch for TV shows?

No physical media, no buy. It's that simple.

Who you think will extract more money from producers?

Because stupid goim will pay for any shit on a plate.

They did get paid online to be a thing, so you never know what else they might get to "work"

A monthly sub for regularly-released high quality videogame content sounds fine.
Unfortunately they only produce mediocre trash, so yeah.
In addition its pretty much guaranteed that the service will be severely lacking in content. Netflix is popular because it had a lot of shit on it. Not everything, but a lot. When they launch this shit it'll probably have nogaems and flop for a year or two.

The only reason why the Windows Live you-have-to-pay-for-multiplayer didn't work is because Windows is an open platform. Anyone can make games with free multiplayer on it, and Microsoft can't stop that from happening.

With consoles there's no such competition.

Entirely their own fault. Stop developing technologies that make development more expensive and stop spending millions of dollars making engines that won't be used for more than a single game.

If they want to keep making 4k products so that they can sell 4k monitors and 4k televisions, then that is their own faulty decision.

Could literally host servers on panhandling income.

Better than kangz. Gawdz.

I know that this is going to come about in a few years, digital was the prelude to that which is why I never wanted to support it, but people are going into that death spiral anyways.

People are retarded and corporations lie to them by either omission, feel good marketing or psychological techniques.

How about these faggots just make good games? I am not interested in all these fancy millennial app shit, or let's players, or streaming, or games being social.

JUST MAKE FUCKING GOOD GAMES FOR FUCKS SAKE

I do not understand this obsession with having bloated development teams with +200 people and insane budgets for games that could be made with only a tiny fraction of what they pour into it.
Why is the ridiculous belief that 'more people and more money = better game' so persistent?
These companies want to be churning out as many games as possible, yes? Then why not have 6 smaller, more dedicated teams and a budget that's spread out nicely?
Out of the 6 games that they would release, at least one or two would have to end up being good.

Why can't they get this through their thick skulls?

They don't want to take risks and they're treating the game industry like Hollywood.

what makes you think this is a move theyre making because theyre having trouble sustaining themselves?

So, brainwashing liberal SJW propaganda like this?

Also, daily reminder that (((George Soros))) heavily invested in Netflix stock.

Only reason to make a decent game at all is generating IPs to slap on later, higher budget, turds.

They barely made it a thing. They just decided they will add it and opposition followed with the idea. To displeasure of everyone.
Console drones having IQ that they have decided to agree to it.

You still wouldn't worry. It was back it times of x360. Xbone have no such power. On top of it already existing as PS+.

But we already have several digital distribution platforms.
What the fuck is he talking about?

Onlive

Because call of duty. Because it's far more profitable to go after that one game that will make you billions of dollars than making smaller games that will only make you millions. Profit wise if you manage to get one golden goose IP you'll make many times more than any non AAA game, even if you'll lose profit out of some of them due to their bloated production cost.

I'd prefer this to only be the realm of garbage games because there's no way I want an an amazing game locked to a subscription service, because it will be gone forever as soon as that service dies.

It sure worked well in the past.

ISPs are treating monthly bandwidth like a finite resource, so anything requiring say, dozens of megabytes per second to function isn't going to happen in THIS half of the century.

I see a pattern emerging here. All their recent productions have been so fucking awful I can't believe they're not making them shit on purpose.

It was a predictable outcome after he invested in it.

marketwatch(dot)com/story/george-soros-buys-stakes-in-alphabet-netflix-dumps-disney-general-motors-2016-11-14

disobedientmedia(dot)com/george-soros-buys-stake-in-netflix-google/

Notice Alphabet/Google.

Microsoft has out jewed all the jews of israel.

They're gonna charge 20-60 dollars for unfinished games masked as episodes, who'll come out every month. It'll be 10% base game and the other 90% episodic content (i.e. DLC). Because this will make unbelievable amounts of money for the kikes they're gonna market it aggressively and the normalfags will eventually eat it up and it becomes the norm. Calling it now.

we already have a netflix for games and it costs $0.00 /mo

it's called the pirate bay

ftfy "xbox chief"

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY THINK SCRAPPING AND STARTING OVER FOR THE FUCKING 8TH TIME IS GOING TO WORK??

How the fuck can they be this dumb time and time again? ps now is a fucking bomb but do they learn? no they continue to shit themselves up struggling to be some new niche instead of A FUCKING BOX THAT PLAYS VIDEOGAMES.

why do they never learn from their mistakes?

fixed it for you, phil buddy

Microsoft wants so desperately to be a gatekeeper. As has been stated, they'd make disgusting amounts of money, but they would also be able to control what consumers get to play. Too bad they lack even a fraction of worthwhile content to pull this off and whatever there would be available, the quality would be less than dogshit.

At this point i genuinely believe its corporate sabotage, they are trying to bomb it so MS can write it off as a tax loss and focus on making a steam clone for PC, but they have just enough "#wewin10fantbh" shabbos goys still buying the stuff to keep it barely afloat so they keep trying new ways to let their goys let them fail. But they goyed too hard and the brand loyalty indoctrination too stronk.

this is just goy farming, you know they're right. goy's will buy this

Milking shit like this will damage the scorpio's potential. Make a great all time classic game and everyone will buy one, for all time, remasters and remakes alike. All this looking to get a continuous payment works well on sjws and other trust funded betas looking to have a whiff of self-esteem through moral superiority purchases but not people who play games for fun. Scorpio's tech levels look good enough, now should be the time spent acquiring and making games to display on it.

No, you rich parasite fucks have been fantasizing about it for at least ten years, ever since you stopped trying to fight the Internet and decided that instead you had to make it work for you as a way of spying on the user.
That's called patching, famalam. Again, what it really means is that you exert total control over the user's experience with your software, revoking his permission when it suits you and making it easier to nickel-and-dime people.
This isn't new, you mongoloid.
The advent of the Internet has allowed for unprecedented access to information, including patches and networking.
No, that is not the reason that Internet-based game activities exist, you retard. AAA dev costs are skyrocketing because: 1) You started a graphical arms race that you couldn't keep up with. 2) You turned the industry into a revolving door where new talent is used up, burnt out, and fired at project completion, thus forcing the old guys who knew what they were doing out of the industry, and preventing them from passing on their knowledge, leading to such tremendously awful coding that shit like a new Tetris release runs poorly and PS4 Pro games often stutter.
And whose problem is that? Not your customers'.
An investment requires a dividend, and games don't provide one. Telling me you'll scratch my back for a dollar, then giving me half of what I asked for and asking for another buck in order to get the rest, is what you really do. I legitimately, sincerely, unironically hope that every single one of you top management fucks put a gun in your mouth.

The money people need to stay as far away from the ideas board as possible.

It still makes no sense to me because smaller studios are more cost-effective.
You're much more likely to get a 'golden goose IP' if you split things up rather than put all of your eggs into one basket.

Just make good games, I just want more 9/10 videogames in my life

Microsoft knows this is not true since they gave away windows 10 for free and people still won't use it.

To your point, when Netflix launched it had vastly more on it than it does nowadays. The only way this would work is they would need to collect entire series. Much like Netflix hook ended up being binge watching a whole series, the ability to play every game in a number of series would likely be appealing to enough gamers for this thing not to bomb.

Well user they aren't smart people. They think if they bloat the budget to the point where they have to sell 20 million copies to break even that they will somehow make money. Because apparently if you see an ad for a video game on every bus and building and then go home and see a commercial on TV for said game you are sure to buy it no matter how bad the game is.

Good games don't make money user. Pay no attention to all the multi-million dollar failures though those don't exist because they don't fit the narrative that marketing works.

It was a good investment at one time when their user base was still growing and competition hadn't caught up.

To be honest, there are game studios I would subscribe to. None of them are the kind that would think of a subscription, though.

if you didnt keep delaying and cancelling video games you might realise that modern business practices for gaming are mostly fine as they are, spencer

L O L

user, 9/10 games are objectively 3-4/10.

One of these days I swear, one of these days

Your face is a 3-4/10

Didn't they already tried that with that timetraveling game that came out a year or so ago?
Can't think of the title, guess it had "chrono" in it.

Sure bro just up the subscription fee to the exact same as Netflix and make everything on XBL free for all eternity.

Otherwise you're not making a "netflix of video games".

They're already up to twenty dollars a month for live what the fuck does netflix cost?

I don't know what either service costs.

I'd rather just get to keep my games, though. I like having them on my shelves and stuff. I wish more games still gave out actual manuals, too. This "digital manual" stuff Nintendo does now pisses me off.

Oh look, more money grabbing tactics!

Well when your jewish bullshit loses you money you just have to do more jewish bullshit until your company goes bankrupt.

I can only hope the jewish bullshit gets bad enough to drive casuals away, because I put the blame for all of it on them.

Hell it already is user and they spend so much on marketing that they are hemorrhaging money because they need to sell more than COD to make their money back on these shitty games.

Wow, it's almost like all of those problems mentioned are self inflicted because of their practices over the last few gens. Fuck you.

The saddest part of those bloated marketing budgets is that they basically exist to benefit the game's first month. Because after that most non-PC games barely sell anymore. The way I understand it a significant portion of their sales comes in that first month.

netflix is only staying afloat because shitters leave it running and it just autoplays their (((recommendations))). i have relatives who watch netflix and it'll literally just show some diversity fiesta by default if the app is running unless you choose something else. and a lot of the clients move the 'keep watching' tab around in the hope that people will just let it run whatever shit they want to serve you.
so yeah, i could see xbox wanting to emulate this service, absolutely.

that's already in practice anyway since they don't release full games and add DLC to fill them out later on.

In that case I don't think a crash will happen.
Only the majority of crap companies which got big because once upon a time they made good games will disappear.
Trash will continue to exist, but it shouldn't be as numerous as it is today.

That's because one month is how long it takes to get the word to everyone how shit a game is going to be. It's getting faster too because of the internet that's why all these new quick buck games where 90% of the budget was marketing are all huge flops. Same thing with movies too and they don't even look good in the marketing.

The problem is that they keep buying studios and gutting them for quick cash so that they can stay afloat. It's basically EA's business plan at this point to just grab anyone who makes popular games and make a quick buck to recover your losses. Although bioware is really biting them in the ass since EA doesn't seem to notice that everyone stopped buying bioware games after dragon age:origins.

It would actually be interesting to pay digital "renting" of videogames.
Seen how short AAA titles are nowdays you could spend half if not less the money you would spend on buying the actual thing.
And if it goes viral it would make devs interested in making lenghty experiences again.

or you could just pirate it
or you could just not play them at all because they are not worth it unless you don't have a backlog and are bored to death

I always figured it was a shelf space thing. I have to wonder what everyone plays after that month.

You're either incredibly stupid or incredibly naieve

Oy vey goyim you only pay for the privilege to rent games. You have to pay for actually renting a game too.

[INSERT ARGUMENT HERE]

I assume old games and I know normalfags play ASSFAGGOTS and things like that.

I don't give a flying fuck about options when I am not planning to buy AAA games either way because they are just not worth paying for

I've never heard of a casual willingly playing an old game. Not enough GRAFICS. And don't they usually sell their games when they're done with them?

That's how they typically try to present it when they fuck you in the ass. Are you naive, or just a shill?

Do you want it raw in your ass? Or do you want it raw-er in your ass?

I meant people like us just play old games. I mean shit I am still playing M&B because there is just nothing to fucking play anymore.

Ok user.

nice strawman but I never said that fag

I'm pretty sure at this point you can come up with the most anti consumer practice and make a thread about it and you STILL will have people defend it. I seriously hope its just faggots fishing for (you)s instead of retards that got brainwashed to that level.

Yeah, just like how Netflix made Blockbuster popular again.

Oh, I know what we play. I was wondring what casuals play between these games. Do they just play Madden and LoL all year?

Is there a difference?

Even better good games would get wiped off of the planet because more people like them than gay black lesbian walking simulator.

I'm sorry user but we do live in the future.
I was just considering a possibility, i don't understand why everyone opposes it so hard.
Are you secretely scared it could become real?

Yes that is why all these big budget AAA games are failing because most normal fags don't have time to play them between their social lives and COD and madden.

yes, I have a friend who complains about games being shit yet he doesn't even have a backlog and just plays DOTA and recently Alien Swarm most of the time

because its different and you know how i don't like change

shoo shoo slimey limey

That must suck. I used to be normal but I still made time for the games I wanted to play.

That sounds awful. I don't even get new games anymore, just steadily working through what I have but haven't played.

It's like someone turning all bookstores into book rental places that charge retardedly-high fees, then saying it's "just an option." Everyone who's been paying attention for the past few years knows that their long-term plan is to get rid of the old model and make this new "option" the only way of getting what they want.
People like you are their useful idiots, whether you realize it or not.

of course

Ok think of it this way user. All video games are now tied to services like this right? Well now since you don't actually pay for a game but a service you don't own any one game. So they can take away all the games you like on this service because more people are playing Mount and Blade:Butter Lord than their friend's gay faggot in a chair simulator. So to make their friend's game more popular they take Mount and Blade:Butter Lord off of the service and you can never play it again.

Disappointed but not surprised.

I never said to delete the other option

Fuck off Holla Forums

Are you dense? They're going to "offer both options" until they're in a position to eliminate the old one.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish

Go back to cuckchan faggot.

Renting is one thing, the Netflix model where you pay one fee to access a pool of content is something else entirely. A Netflix-like system would have even more control over what people play than something like Steam. If it became popular, there would be a sizeable number of people who would simply set their videogame budget equal to the price of the subscription and refuse to pay for anything else, allowing the owner of the service to completely shut out games they deem unacceptable.

Still havent answered me if you like it raw in the ass or even raw-er in the ass.

Well guess what the people pushing this video games as a service shit want to do user.

rawest daddy

No i meant renting, like "videogames on demand".
You play just as long as you want, and you pay a fee up to the actual cost of the game, based on the medium playtime for people to finish the game.
So you're covered if the game is boring, or if you finish it in very little time.

Sounds like an perverse incentive to make short easy games. Besides what you want and what slimeballs want to push is totally different.

>give us more money, goy!
No thanks, my backlog is enormous and all of your games are shit.

I'm sure

Netflix is what would happen if you combine channels like BET and Logo. I don't know why right wingers want limited government when a lot of corporations are left-leaning, it would fuck them over for good.

Answer my post
Also,
Is this the beginning of a new champion?

Because the government is also left leaning and I don't want to live in Soviet Russia user.

in practice its "limited government only when it suits our interests" otherwise they'll regulate the shit out of anything perceived as a threat

Basic bitch right-wingers want limited government because a) they correctly identify the feds as a major source of cancer while incorrectly believing that it's the only part of the elite that pushes that shit, and b) lolbertarianism is a safe way to "oppose" the left, whereas if you espouse traditionalist or fascist views you get a bunch of cat ladies trying to get you fired.

Whining about limited government is for fags.

I should also mention that lolbertarianism is tolerated because it's part of the Kosher sandwich.

There's enough meat on this thread that I think we can avoid a derail. The important thing will be to note whether or not the MS shill joins in.

So you're one of those, huh? :^)
To answer, i never considered exterminating the competition.
I'm sure companies will attempt that, but at the same time i ask myself: what if a nobody from Holla Forums tries it first?
They would surely have higher standards, and if they succeed they would make lots of money out of it in spite of those jewish companies.
I'm sure i sound very naive

I just want you to reach your full potential. I know there's a (216) inside you, waiting to get out and spread its wings.
I don't understand. You think some random Holla Forumsirgin has the money, expertise, and connections to set up a pay-as-you-go game streaming service that can compete with the big boys?

well user im sure if you pull those boot straps hard enough you can get there

you can do anything if you try!

But is it really a (216) if someone gets provoked to answer?
I know for sure i can't make that many posts out of my own autism.

you seem pretty autistic to me

don't sell yourself short you're doing pretty good so far

that statement evokes unpleasant memories ;_;

then stop being so autistic

now you need to post it

Not much, just a troubled childhood.
I remember making a lot of friends and leaving them all behind cause i was getting better, but for all i know they are still stuck, beyond saving.

wow you are a faggot holy shit

Rent is shit in all forms. Fuck off, nigger.

Wow, you really are a self-important nigger, aren't you?

it depends, why do you think that?

After Amy Schumer's special got annihilated by negative scores from the evil Alt-Right™ (((Netflix))) said they would revamp the score system. Expect them to simply shit out more cancer and remove the scoring system altogether

And they did that, by unilaterally (((improving))) the score of Marxist propaganda the gentiles take issue with. That happened with the Bill Nye the Cuck Guy show, it magically went for a 1,5 to a 4.

Oy vey.

Shill Nye the Cucked Goy has a new show on netflix? what the fuck?

Came here to say that, though apparently Gamefly is still a thing.

Brick and mortar rent stores were good, but those are nearly completely dead.Online rent is cancer though

Take a look

That's where the faggot and tranny acceptance thing is coming from, user.

Oh my sweet summer child, oh my.

I dare you to watch the whole video.

You're a disgrace.

Why are M$ execs always so retarded? This is the kind of stuff you tell investors and stockholders, not the general public.

Or they could just, y'know, release demos.

The more they do this the more people realize how stupid extreme leftism is.

Is this streaming games
Or is it rentals?
If it's rentals holy shit is it fucking bizarre that we've come full circle and Digital Distrobution has to be saved by rentals.

DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING BEFORE IS TO LATE!

they have these things called mmo's that did that. Also these things called season passes which are a yearly form of it. you let this happen user, and you're already too late

Does he not know what WoW is?

that song just told me to masturbate with a fleshlight outdoors if it feels good. that's quite a fucking message to support there bill

I wonder who is telling all these fucks to jump on this wagon. You got facebook, netflix, amazon, youtube, apple, and now xbox trying to make some subscription/tv show shit and charge it seperate of everything else. At least xbox is getting raped by the competition.

In all forms, negro.

Top Jew

Fuck you, Shill Spencer.

Uh it's called steam and it's already way bigger than netlix
why are these old kikes so out of touch

Totally new concept folks. Never seen before is right. Never before has anyone seen this much of an ass raping. These people are so fucking detached it stopped being a joke a long time ago..

"This don't cut it no more, pal. We need moah money foah dose online servers!"
Can't wait to see it crash and burn.

The thing that really gets me about this is
Who the fuck could ever look at this as a chorus line and think it's not fucking awful?

we already have a shitty selection of games to play per month

Good games? How can we torture the goyim if they're having actual, non-PR fun?

That's a game of the month club that absolutely nobody fucking wanted until they broke multiplayer so that they could bundle that functionality with it. Now everybody loves the Game of the Month club because it's such a bargain. All XBL/PS+/Whatever Nintendo's thing is - is a way to soft-force their users into making regular monthly game purchases via subscription.

I want to believe that people aren't that easily manipulated, but holy shit, even Nintendo is getting in on this shit this generation.

I can almost understand charging to Xbox Live with the original Xbox. There wasn't any grand unifying network overlay really like it at the time which managed friends lists and game invites and shit across multiple titles. Once the 360 rolled around and they tied in a marketplace to it from which to sell digital content at full retail prices - then whatever MS's overhead was in regards to online play was already paid for in spades, with plenty of cash left over.

I can't even think of the words to describe how horrifying that is. If Bill Nye has an ounce of integrity and humanity left in him, he'd drink himself to death over being complicit in this crime against humanity - and covering the institution of science in shit by association.

That was so fucking bad and stupid that I think bill nye is secretly trying to redpill people

nope, normalfag humor is just that bad

It strikes me that these days, with as many games as there are that range from mediocre to downright shit, most companies wouldn't want to risk possible customers discovering first hand that a game falls into that prior to release.

I want to see someone edit a .hack Chaos Gate "Field Select" menu to have the player be heading there. Hell, Rachel in the first series is pretty much a filthy kike anyhow (and the script even has her pull a good ol' "The goyim know, shut it down!" on one of her attempts to fleece gold from other players).

MS gaming division is so dead.

What was old is new again…

I can finally comment on this thread!
fuck niggers lol

It has to be intentional.

oh yeah, you're invited and supported to do absolutely anything you want that won't produce white babies

Even some turbo leftist are now calling this degenerated.

Holla Forums, this is your fault. You memed this into existence, now you need to meme it out of existence. What the fuck.

I admire your idealism but that is not at all why Spencer's means here sadly.

oh okay

Read the thread. He turned into a blog posting faggot.

Here, I have this neat little idea, I know it sounds kind of crazy, even impossible by corporate standards these days, but it was what worked before and I'm pretty sure it'll work again if you just give it a chance, here goes:

MAKE GOOD GAMES

The reason these fucks are in such hot water and coming up with these absolutely dumbass and desperate ideas is because people are getting fed up with their stupid shit, yet instead of using common sense they keep employing stupid shit to sell stupid shitty products, and I hate telltale games with a passion for allowing this "episodic content" meme to become a possible. Just crash my industry up, fam.

Didnt hitman sell like shit due to denuvo and retarded always online ?

Episodic content huh?

That's been tried.

Yeah I remember the Walking dead among others.

I just waited until all the episodes were finished and bought the GOTY edition.

There are lots of places that use to rent gam….eposodic content? Oh I see you meant a PPV of games. Fuck you it is already everywhere to the point where games released do not even have endings until you buy it later.

Isn't the thing about Netflix that they release all the episodes at once? So you receive all CONTENT at once? I would be pretty interested in that, receiving all the CONTENT in one single package.

DEAR GOD, I HOPE PEOPLE START INSPIRING THEMSELVES IN NETFLIX SOME MORE

We've been hearing this for decades and it hasn't gotten any less dumb. The costs are increasing because they're willing to spend more money on development to beat the competition, because they figure they can still turn a profit using [insert FOTM business model here]. Somehow these faggots manage to make it out like video games would just be over if we aren't on board with the latest round of jewish tricks.

It will probably never pan out and if does probably fail.
Majority of businesses still use XP.

Microsoft is losing relevancy slowly and their profits are not keeping up with upkeep and inflation.
However psuedo-intellectuals will cry and use their tears as lube to bate about how EWUL the industry is.

Which it is, however consumers are retarded but not that retarded or business models like this would be used 5-10 years ago.

>on purpose.

>secretly trying to redpill people

One step forward, two steps back.

All according to plan… hehehe

That's literally what every one has always done though…

I still think a system like OnLive or another "Netflix for games" is inevitable once internet infrastructure gets better.

Theoretically, this could be a great thing. Gamers pay a small monthly fee and get access to every game ever made. Developers get a cut of that monthly fee that is proportional to the time a person spent playing their game that month.(Which encourages developers to constantly improve their game to keep players around)

I know greedy kikes would end up ruining it though

Okay in this scenario. How will you know that players are actually playing this or just have the game on and fucked off somewhere. Wouldn't this encourage devs to just make boring long grinding games, or poor unoptomized games with long loading screens.

Beating the dead horse once again. Owning shit is much better than subscriptions and that is why piracy will always be a thing and I will never stop bitching about DRM. And no I don't feel sorry for the people who can't be bothered to be responsible for the things they threw money at and "have so much it will be a burden/never find it on their computer".

I've been pirating windows since 98 and I never use their apps or services.

But then again normalfags make Google billions. I'm a parasite.

How AntiSemitic

That will never happen. It'd be nice but it just won't happen.

Man, I liked Gamefly

And the bastard is right, if the Cuckservatives of the early 80s had not smashed the working-migrants system and trashed any border patrols, then to this day there would be a steady trickles of hundreds of thousands of Spics a year, the vast VAST majority perfectly legal, and nobody would question it, EXCEPT for the most bald faced neo nazis. Like how it was for the 80s and early 90s. But what happened to California happened at lightning speed, to the point even the Blacks noticed it and were adversely affected.

And even then, before Ferguson, it was srill manageable.

Jews arent entirely stupid, its judt rhat now the nairity of their leadership has been drinking the koolaid too.

No, you stupid fucking idiot fuckface piece of shit cunt fuckface! Netflix is dominating classic broadcast television because it's simple to get shows you want on demand instead waiting for it to air or having to record it. That's the only value to customer. Video games are already "on demand"; you chose the game you want and then you play it. A "Netflix of video games" only provides the owner value with liquid cash over time, especially with episodic crap made to keep viewers hooked to a service every week. Exactly what "on demand" is the opposite of.

Fuck off, Spencer. Microshit was a mistake. Stay the fuck out of games.

Dude is bullshitting you, 4k is not expansive t produce, you can play Dark Souls in 4k. Servers are dirt cheap, why do you think to this day Demon Souls servers are still up?

Isn't "vidya on demand" what that Nvidia whatever was supposed to be?

But Steam already exists

If you want to make billions, why don't you go in finance? Companies are for goys, seriously if you goal is to make money and you are not in finances you are either in your early 30s or a dumb idiot.

Oh fuck, I remember that pic from way back in the lego flash game days. What is it called again?

If you live in cucknada, rent is better than partake in the housing bubble jewry.

>when you think you've figured out a way to get around the fact that you can't count to 3, but then you remember you still can't count to 3

sony systematically lock the better games behind psnow so you can't buy them while they fill the store with endless indie-shit , terrible phone ports and steam rejects.

NO

…So a subscription for every fucking game ever? Is this what they're trying to fucking imply?

It might work for something like early access games, and that would even solve the problem of tons of games that might be good getting no attention, but making all vidya "episodic" would be the worst fucking thing ever

NETFLIX OF GAMES

brought to you by the faggots who made

CRACKDOWN 3 NEVER EVER

and

NOT SCALEBOUND

Wow, they FINALLY decided to have yet another shitty "don't-own-copies-of-this-game" service after months of thinking anyone on PC uses App Stores, even ultra-normalfags always end up installing firefox or chrome to use facebook instead of using a shitty "Apps" on a desktop.

Junkbot

Who's problem is this? Not mine.

Underrated AF

Fuck off, Leftypol.

Burn the leaves.

Looks like you forget what the original purpose of the sage is, newfriend.

?

Oh, you're not saging anymore. Interesting. You know it's not a downvote, right?

That cat he posted is a Holla Forums meme.

Now that's what I call a shitpost.

If you know it's a derail attempt then why are you replying? Just filter him.

That cat is from an anime, the leftycat is a shit OC with a hat who gets fucked in the ass by a fat porker.

How new are you to not recognize Sakamoto, lol enjoy your ban faggot.

You either want to bump a thread or you don't. You're using it as a downvote because you're a ledditor trying to fit in. Kill yourself.

Good point.

Depends, how new are you? I frequently see Holla Forums use both. Anime is cancer anyway and all weebs should be banned on site.
God this place is pathetic. All you fags are so racist too.

This just doesn't appeal to me at all because of a few important reasons

I think the only full priced games I've bought in the last 5 years has been Witcher 3 and Tekken 7, both on sale, both at/under standard 60 price. If Witcher 3 kept getting DLC of the same quality of its current DLC I'd buy that too, directly from CDPR's site with no fucking middle man taking a cut. I'd pay for it in my own time and I wouldn't need to keep paying for it, either. DRM free also makes it further from ever working with a subscription based platform.

This netflix of vidya shit is probably going to be popular with consolefags who are

Ultimately I think this is just another DRM push. Not to stop piracy (it rarely ever is about that) but to have more control over what users get, data gathering more and to bleed their wallets while doing so, delivering telltale-tier garbage. It's jewery stacked upon more jewery. Count me the fuck out.

Wrong cat newfag, lurk moar.

I know that dick

What if he wants to post but not bump a shit thread?

Have a sage since it triggers you.

So steam?

I have been here since the exodus in 2011. You racist faggots on Holla Forums who call everyone a newfag are just as bad as Holla Forums.

You don't pay a monthly fee for steam.

Yet.

No but it facilitates such games' business models. I think that's the best way, honestly. You sub to a game to see content updates throughout its lifespan. You support that game a little more directly.

Subbing to the exact thing you want is better than subbing to a wide service. Always fund as directly as the developers have been able to allow.

Or just go episodic and only buy the the things you want. I won't be buying anymore Hitman episodes until they fix the fucking game. But that doesn't mean I have to completely stop supporting other games on steam. With a netflix kind of setup, it would.

Didn't we have this already?
They ship games to your door and shit.

Or do they mean the online variant?
I could go for that. Instead of paying some 60$ for a shitty AAA title, pay 20 a month for all the game s you want on demand.

OY

Not when you factor in all the human waste between you and the servers.

>>12475571
being this retarded to buy shitman in the first place isn't even worth a (you)

Kikes are really shooting themselves in the foot here. It's in their best interests to keep the bread and circuses going for as long as possible at any cost. Once the distractions and escapism come to a screeching halt, whites will wake up and realize what a fucking mess they are in before finally starting the long overdue ethnic cleansing.

You have to admit it's a daring plan.

God has confounded the kikes. He has made them incapable of thinking straight, so that we can conquer them. Don't let this chance slip away.

Back in 2005-ish my ISP did this
For some amount per month you got to download anything in its library of titles, its how I got introduced to Uplink and Startopia

Its a solid concept considering how little replay there is with they hyperlinear games AAA is so fond of.

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

Totally not shilling

Also why would a consumer facing survey list something like SSE2? I'm sure 99.9% of steam users don't know what that is.

(checked)
It detects your hardware automatically, so it doesn't matter if they know what it is.

and this is were the 2nd gaming crash will come from

So just don't make games that are 1080p and 4k, and don't have any online connection whatsoever. Done and done.

It's not like the resolution affects the budget. It's all the mocap, voice acting, textures, etc.

The first thing they should do is stop hiring celebrities to voice act in games. Did they really need Kevin Spacey in Call of Duty?

Fair enough.

They need to just stop making Call of Duty entirely, really.

What the fuck are you talking about? Sakamoto/Nichijou is a classic anime meme. Completely different cats.

I wasn't talking about the survey asking users if they have SSE2 but the survey results showing SSE2.
Makes no sense to show it in the results.

It's probably useful stuff for developers to know.

What game?

That's not very hard when Microsoft forces it down your throat by automatically installing it through updates.
It's already god damn impressive that 30% is running Windows 7. That's 30% of the users that actually went through the effort of disabling the Windows 10 installation. Given how many people are technologically retarded, that's a massive amount.
(checked)
Because developers that target Steam might want that information.
None of this information is of any value to the average consumer.

It's the product of growth focused capitalism as opposed to competition focused capitalism, it's happening in every market. Everything is about more more more and not better better better. Competition is essentially dead right now as they all agree to keep prices consistent and products similarly priced and powered, spoken or unspoken.

They're the only place games come out at home. PC ports are basically a foreigner only thing.

Actually no.

If you want to experience a game nowadays you don't play it on release but wait until all the patches an DLC are out.

Luckily most gamers don't do this or the system would collapse. I don't play games to post on imageboards or Twitch so I can always just wait a few months or longer.

None of those mean anything to most games though. The DLC in things like SRW V and Monster Hunter XX is entirely superfluous with no need to purchase whatsoever.

Japan doesn't do "games as a service" yet but the Western industry has been moving to it for years.

MS are bastards but they are not wrong.

Fair enough, I don't pay much attention to the foreign market, the last time something that sounded at all interesting to come out from there was the original Deus Ex, and that less for the game itself and more for the writing and themes it pursued.

Except for all the shitty mobile games they make?

Those are really an entirely different market for the most part, though the lines are steadily blurring. Thankfully, they haven't infected real games for the most part yet, at the moment it seems to be something publishers are making devs dip their toes in.

and fighting games

On the one hand, those are entirely pointless DLC that only a retard would buy since it's entirely cosmetic. That said… jesus christ, those prices are USD? As in $1 = 100円? Fucking hell.

For DOA, you might as well make the clothes what should've been in the game, and the fighting as optional DLC

That wouldn't explain why he then posted a few minutes later without a sage. Don't be a dunce.

The problem is that the non-casual game market has gotten as large as it's ever going to, at least for the foreseeable future. There's no hidden reserve of untapped people just waiting for a chance to be introduced to AAA console games.

I only play single-player weebshit. I don't pay attention to anything else anymore, it can fuck off and die.

Or more likely make billions like DOTA and co. This entire industry is beyond salvation as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't help that kids growing up now are used to mobile shovelware.

Haven't this already been done by Playstation with PSNow?

Was there not already some equivalent done by Microsoft?

Actually they have 20 years before.

The vast majority of the industry in Japan has switched to mobile shit, DLC runs rampant, even worse than over here, and arcades have been absolutely decimated by the likes of NESiCAxLive.
You have no idea what you're fucking talking about.

Mobile shit is cancerously widespread, but the people who've made games before for the most part haven't just given up and switched to mobile. Every so often we see tragedies like Matsuno only working on mobile shit nowadays, but I don't feel like mobile is threatening to destroy real games or anything, the markets are too different.

My understanding is that Western games commonly are "incomplete" without the DLC, like entire chunks of the game and even the endings being separate pay. While I won't say that doesn't happen at all here, I can't think of any games I play where DLC is that significant. It's mainly idiot trap cosmetic shit.

Phones have always outsold game consoles since games became a thing. The markets are not competing. I don't really understand why people think they are, it makes no sense. The Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and PS4 are all selling by the millions at about the same rate as last gen (the Switch being a weird exception as its selling faster than expected for some weird fucking reason) and mobile has done little to impact it. You're just making pure conjecture

didnt we already try this? with like onlive or whatever?

Implying I count mobile as games?
Jesus I do not even count it at all thank you very much.

I should probably look out for a new hobby, every year I hate games and the gaming community more and more.

And excuse my samefagging. But I would also like to point out that since Angry Birds there have been virtually no "Smartphone Game" success stories. The ship already sailed years ago aside from Pokemon Go but that rode the success of an established console franchise. I think it goes to show consoles actually effect Smartphone markets more than Smartphones effect console markets. Smartphone games have more downloads typically but the profit margins are also significantly smaller since the average smartphone game costs 99 cents while the average console game costs 40 to 60 dollars. Its just not adding up.

One of the most egregious, yet often overlooked examples of this was Mass Effect 2. The entire base game was essentially a self-contained sidestory that contributed nothing that a Part 2 of a trilogy should.
One of the DLCs, however, was relevant to the overall plot. The Arrival DLC's one mission had more impact on the ME universe than the entire rest of ME2, including the protag blowing up an entire solar system and sacrificing its 304,942 residents.
A sacrifice which turned out to be completely useless since the device you blew up to prevent the Reapers from using it wasn't actually needed by them anyway, but that's it's own problem…