7 Days to Die

I remember there being a Holla Forums server for this game. Is it still around? If not, does anyone have an actually decent server they play on? I finally got around to picking the game up so I can connect to legit servers but I don't have anyone to play with.

Other urls found in this thread:

7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52805-Developer-Diary-Alpha-16!!!
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would m8 but I am waiting for my PC to arrive to my barrack

>being an army fag

What country.

Nope, that was about 2 months ago or so. The server host left one day and never came back.

Merica

Damn, that's a shame. I just want to make a comfy fort and survive against the apocalypse innawoods.

Bump for a server.

Are we doomed to wander the early access purgatory forever ?

The guy who was hosting the server was waiting for an upcoming update first before getting back into it, since apparently the next update will feature stuff like a Kool Aid Man type of zombie who can charge through walls, among other things.

Is this game still horrendous shit?

Devs who aren't excellent just need to be rounded up and gassed. It doesn't matter what genre or subject matter they use for their games, as long as they're hard-working, skilled, know what the fuck they're doing and (in an unrealistic ideal world) are willing to make personal sacrifices to make the game better - not for the good of the company but for the spirit of the craft and for personal pride.
Every dev should get one chance to make a 10/10 game, and be bombed to smithereens if they miss the mark.

Are NPCs planned for next build or not ? They were supposed to get released last build, which didn't happen, and said they would be coming next build.

7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52805-Developer-Diary-Alpha-16!!!

bandits and behemoth are not in the next build, there will be feral and radiated versions of all zombies.

some of the bigger things that are confirmed so far :

fix

Wait for A16. A15 included the terrible feature of limited horde night zombies to 8 per player, which is fixed in A16 by allowing you to set the number of zombies per player on blood moons during game creation (and adjust it at will).

Depends when you last saw it. It got out of 'ugly Minecraft' stage years ago.

Distant terrain's already in, they're just adding structures to it so you can spot far-off towns and whatnot.
And don't forget painting other textures onto walls and objects. Finally some fucking aesthetic choice. Also wolves n zombie vultures n snakes n shiet.

I liked state of decay, but apparently they went full sjw for the sequel, and they got really jewish on the dlcs of the first game. I wish theyd let you make your own campaigns with a map editor.

I don't know if it was just something related to me (maybe my PC couldn't handle so many zombies) but while I was playing coop with a friend every blood moon there was a desync of the time (as in the time displayed on the top of the screen) between me and my friend and after a while he wasn't seeing the same stuff as me at all. For example if one room was full of zombies he would only see a couple of them or none at all.

State of Decay was good that's true, I just wish it had more survival elements. Also performance was shit and I would've liked more survival elements.

time to go to bed

Some sleep couldnt hurt. Sleep snug smug.

more like 7 days to find a server before I kill myself haha

State of Decay was unfinished and the devs were greedy retards. They had the setup for a great game and squandered it because they wanted to milk for shekels. Also the "realtime simulation" that played when you closed the game was fucking stupid and ruined it.

I would call dying light a competent game

They already were pretty bad with the first game, played a couple of missions into the main story line and its "muh secret gay relationship" and "muh secret lesbian relationship" in the first few missions. They also intentionally broke the game with a patch.

zombie dogs ruin it for me.

If you've played as long as I have you basically need fast travel mods to keep from killing yourself.

you can mow them down with anything automatic, but even early game they're easily handled by 1) jumping on top of something or 2) just fucking kiting
they're slightly faster than you but not fast enough to hit you and keep up at the same time, every lunge makes them drop a few steps back and they miss half of them
zombie dogs are only dangerous early game in flat, open areas when you either lack a bow or only have a shitty quality/skill one, or when mixed in with hordes

Your autism must be greater than mine.

I played the shit out of this game for about 2 weeks, sometimes with a buddy, before burning out and getting horribly bored of it.

I might play again with a gang of Holla Forumsirgins just for fun, but they need to update this shit ASAP.

There's a good number of mods out for it with varying degrees of autism required to enjoy them.

Before any new items or biomes are tweaked they need to fix hit detection which is, at best, serviceable.

Yeah, hit detection's pretty bad. At first I thought it was a multiplayer protocol thing, but even in singleplayer you have to get used to the fact that shooting zombies at certain times will cause arrows and even bullets to just whiz through their head. It's especially awful because they balance the game around headshots doing way more damage.

Well, if you aim for the same limb enough times, you can dismember some zombies, but then they just become crawlers, which are even more annoying because they seemingly don't have a head hitbox anymore.

Also, we're talking about a dozen arrows into one legs before it explodes off.

I've actually played it enough to confirm crawlers do have head hitboxes. They're just incredibly hard to hit. You have to time your fire with their movements. That seems to be the issue with the hitboxes, they vary massively with their movements and there's some problem with syncing that up which causes projectiles to visibly shoot through their heads (or even their fucking chests) without doing any damage or being stopped.

recent dev blog vid on youtube had lead dev addressing this, said default blocky hitboxes have been replaced with hitboxes following the exact contours of the model
A16 when

I still get a hearty laugh out of the fact they were claiming they would have FULL RELEASE in early 2017 not that long ago.

My tism has driven sur/v/ivors away from this game sadly. I built too fast and all that jazz, they had nothing left to do.

is this pos still the most poorly optimized piece of nigger shit?

Yes, it has actually gotten worse over time.

christ. last i checked getting fall out 3 on a ps3 tier graphics took a pretty decent rig. Are the devs black by any chance or is there something im not getting here?

Isn't the game made made in Unity ? I'm not tech savvy at all but I heard that unless you have good people in your team, open world games always end up being unoptimized garbage on that engine. It will either stay that way or they'll start adressing those issues in beta.

Not just open world games, pretty much every unity game has shit performance. Inb4 the "its the fault of the devs and not the engine"

so long as they don't drop it, I don't mind their bad estimations
lead dev has said multiple times they plan to continue free post-release updates, so there's that at least

that's its biggest ongoing issue
my rig is about meh-tier and only gets serviceable performance on moderate settings, which is pretty shit for minecraft HD