Abandonware/Old games

Why is Holla Forums so casual?

old PC/DOS games are really bad

I came here just to have this thread again!

What? I beat it. Last guy takes entirely too many shots to kill.

Also fuck the level design with its invisible pitfalls and secret passages

Even with Power Shot?

Yes I have, I play with it every day.

MICROMAAAN

holy shit I forgot about this game, thanks for reminding me about it

Pretty much this. The reason why japanese console games were so hot all over the world is because they were better, for whatever reason, than PC games were for a long time.

This. Fucking hate playing most of them, but can watch somebody talk about them for an hour.

Console plebs are an old demographic, but they were never a justified one.

'80s IBM games are pretty rubbish, true. You should try out random Amiga and ZX Spectrum games though, there are some good games to be found there. I'm not sure why yanks had such a hard time making enjoyable videogames.

Amiga modtracker music is leaps and bounds better than PC speaker garbage.
adlib and soundblaster for the win

love the comfy vinyl-like feel that amiga music had

As a kid I was so scared of the last boss that I kept spamming back and forth between the two screens, eventually he bugged out and stopped shooting.

Why did my mind immediately jump to manlytears?

I want to play this shit again like it's the nineties, give me a link.

because you've been here too long

you are correct. most of them sucked ass and you only played them because you had nothing better in the late 80's and early 90's.

I just played them. Im still playing through wizardry 6 and enjoying it. If anything, newer games are never as good as the games back in the 90's.

Ancient DOS games are too bad to be called games.

Yes

Yes

Yes

RCT2 is better in every way and you know it.

Brutal Doom makes it playable. Even Romero and Carmack like Brutal Doom more than vanilla.

Experimental games led to our current trends of absolute garbage indie shovelware being shat out every week on PC. So yes, fuck experimental games.

le >unironically replying to bait
le >but I was also merely pretending
it's_time_to_stop.webm

>>>/reddit/

When I think of midgettears I think of Elvis cosplay.

I'm telling him to not reply to low-effort bait, you retard. Being the OP you are supposed to want your thread free from detrimental derails.

Interesting experience, since my first OS was Windows 95.

I can't find a torrent of this.

The Cyberstorm series were great turn based RTSes that hardly got any advertising. The second one in particular improved in almost every way over the first one besides dumbing down unit controls a bit. You can't make units crouch or turn anymore, and the game uses a square grid instead of a hex grid. Cyberstorm has a way better metagame, though.

The Cyberstorm games are based off of Metalsiege, which eventually turned into Starsiege, which is where the Tribes games came from. In fact, Cyberstorm is so obscure that it didn't even make it onto HiRez's site where they put all of the earth/starsiege games up as freeware.

I remember those days