ITT: Games that actually sold you on a console, and didn't disappoint

ITT: Games that actually sold you on a console, and didn't disappoint

I fucking love that game to this day, even the filthy darcsens in it.

Have you ever not been let down on a console selling purchase like that? What was its name and why do you love it so much?

I bought an xbox360 just for Tales of Vesperia on release date

Don't regret it. used my xbox360 for console multiplats.

maybe weebshit is the rule to follow.

I got a playstation for Spyro when I was a kid. Good investment.

Fallout 4

TODD PLS, ENOUGH ALREADY

I bought a 360 to play Mass Effect and I wasn't disappointed.

Remember that? Not being disappointed by games?

I played 2 and 3, and were some of the shittest games I've ever played

Felt like it happened in my previous life. Maybe in 2012 the Rapture really happened, and we are now living in perfect hell for us. Forever damned to suffer AAA shit-tier meme vidya, shit companies, and shit communities.

I like indie games now much more than I did before

Maybe if you didn't have such impossibly high standards you would enjoy more games.

Alex Kidd on the master system.

Bought a PS3 just to play Demon's Souls. Great decision, used it for a few other PS3 exclusives like Valkyria Chronicles.

This too. i was told to expect 3D castlevania and it was spot on.

Bought a PC for Diablo 1
Bought a ps1 for Resident Evil 1
Bought a ps2 for GTAIII
Bought a 360 for Oblivion
Bought a ps3 for Demons Souls
Bought a 3DSXL with airmiles for some SMT games.
I've owned most consoles but those were the only games that got me to buy the console over waiting or not buying at all. I used to bring the consoles in on the overnight shift and that shitty job was made a hell of a lot better by doing so.

Valkyria is a massive disappointment balancing wise.

Are you retarded or just a consolefag?

Well, ME1 was rough around the edges but pretty innovative.

He's just a Bloodborne fan

Innovative in the boring department.

Got Alan Wake, EDF 2017 and a few other exclusives after that. 360 had some good games.

Are you trying to summon them?!

i can already hear the chanting on the wind.

TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK

oh god

Half-Life 2

My standards are not really high, user. I love the B, A, and AA games of the past, those quiant strange vidya sometime have the charms to make your heart skip a beat. Nowadays, it is just AAA marketing drowning all smaller scale games from ever be known. AAA games are costly to make, companies would do the same old to guarantee dosh, a bit smaller scale games (B, A, AA) leave spaces for experiment yet can produce same experience as AAA and not as costly in time or money. Other than AAA, it is just indies that was infested by SJW and sociopaths looking for quick dosh.

I pity those who have not seen Platinum at their best.

………n…no……

Overrated gaemu.
It had a lot of charm, and the actual mechanics were fine. But the way the game doles out money was retarded, and you could get into a situation where you were fucked because there was literally no more ammo to find.

Not dead yet. The nips are fighting tooth and tail to keep the dream alive.

** WHY ISN'T MY LIFE LIKE THIS!? ==
Heh, good times.
Monster Hunter was the reason I got a 3DS XL and the main reason I still play on it. Even got a circle pad pro for it. Got it for the pad, kept it for the grip. I leave it on even if I'm not using the pad because of how comfy it is.