Rune Factory

I did it. I finally ordered this generic looking animu game.

What should I expect, do I need any tips before playing, did I make a mistake?

You don't need any tips. Just try stuff out for yourself and google if you don't understand something.

It's Harvest Moon with monsters, more waifus, and a semblance of a story. The whole series is pretty decent, really.

This.
It's the best game in the series although it has the worst waifu selection.

People exaggerate on the waifus and husbandos, but it is a fun element.
You're in for a fun ride with great mechanics, enjoyable farming and good english localistion. Consider playing the DS RF games after this - RF3 was a flavour-of-the-month back in september 2010 and is one of the few games Holla Forums will more or less agree is good.

Cant wife the dragon, pretty fun game though.

Make sure you come first in the season events the 1st time as they get harder as each year passes.

expect to spend lots of time beating up innocent monsters and smacking rocks, but very little time farming.

It's vastly superior to Harvest Moon, it's great

Your only tip is take things easy, play on hard, and prepare to git gud

I was thinking about playing this game too, which one should I start with and which one I should avoid?
I don't have much time either so I don't know if I will be able to play all of them so I rather prefer if I can go directly to the best.

It's good series.
Save food for dungeons.
Still 3 was better.
Second was worst. Mainly if you took too long you could lose waifus, to NPCs
If you want to play 1, be careful it's most difficult one. Mainly from grind.

avoid 1 and 2, they're massively dated and 2 locks a massive amount of the game until you're already more than halfway through.
3 and 4 are fine, it's your choice on which to play.

Don't listen to the "play on hard dude" all it makes is enemies have more hp and do more damage, which in turn makes it more of a slog to kill things especially if you don't want to abuse the fuck out of the crafting system.

Git fucking gud you casual baby

If you don't play hard you'll easily over power yourself. Plus Hard keeps you from breezing through the game, which you're not supposed to.

No it makes it just as easy, as you abuse the crafting system

It makes you have to use the systems the game presents you with.
You can "abuse" the crafting system on easy just the same and oneshot everything.
Or use the system properly to gear yourself to fight the hard enemies on equal ground.
Hard seems like the best way to play it, otherwise you have really easy combat without tinkering with the other systems.

Not really, Hard is more of a "grind X until Y drops so you can make Z" and you just repeat over and over because of how the attack and defense scale

it has the only waifu it needs though

Enjoy playing baby mode faggot

People who don't play hardest difficulty really shouldn't be considered human, humans strive to challenge themselves.

RF3 has the best waifus by far. RF4 had potential, but they had to take the fujoshi route and cut their regular roster in half so they could make a bunch of boring worthless husbandos. Also

Nothing challenging about hard in the slightest other than it makes the game take longer.

OK little man

t. cuckold

IIRC neverland got pretty much bought up by a larger company, and I know some of the lead people said they "don't want to bury rune factory yet"

You have to farm materials to make better gear in either difficulty.
The difference is that hard makes that gear worthwhile to get, while in easy it's not even necessary since you already destroy everything so easily with no gear or levels.
Farming and leveling is an integral part of those games, doing those are playing the game towards objectives that aren't story related.
You might as well hack in infinite health and damage so you can progress through the game's story without the game itself hindering you.

Look making the game grindier for no real reason other than that you can doesn't make the game better. It makes it more of a slog.
Especially because as you yourself said you just can make a 1 hit kill everything weapon at like level 3 and use it for a majority of the game.
More Grind will never make a game harder

thats not frontier

Silly user, that is a girl with a big head

I'm with this guy

Why do we allow homosexuals to post here?

I don't know why are you allowed to post here?

I bet you liked "hard mode" for Mass Effect too
fucking retard

I agree with you on that a 100%.
But you're talking like there's only grind for drops and crafting if you're playing on hard mode. It's there even on easy mode but it's useless since you can already blast trough anything whitout any of it.
Since it's the combat is realtime action, it's possible to overcome any challenge with skill, getting better gear just makes it easier in a way that lets you build or character, it's by no means necessary. On hard mode if you have the easy to craft early gear it's super fine to kill most monsters you encounter, it just means that you have to be careful not to get hit because it will hurt you a lot, actually carry healing items because you will need them if you mess up, and enemies will have opportunity to do their shit because they don't die instantly. Playing on easy in this game just makes you really "breeze" trough most enemies without any effort or preparation.
This game isn't very challenging to begin with, playing on hard just seems the most balanced way to interact with the enemies by having to rely on most mechanics available to you instead of just boringly mash the normal attack button and murder everything.

Not really potions are instantaneous and can cover for basically anything that's not a 1 shot. There's nothing about hard that does anything but increase the grind required.

part harvest moon, part action rpg, part dating sim. Pretty comfy tbh

So what? That just makes the game even easier even on hard difficulty. It's not like they're hard to obtain.
Well if you need to grind to be able to kill the hard enemies then I have bad news to you pal.
**You suck at the game, git gud.*
You're presenting no other argument other than "more grind on hard because I say so"
The drop rates and every other grind related shit is the same in both difficulties, no extra grind required. The optionally grinded items will be worthwhile to get only on hard because on easy you can defeat anything very easily with no gear or levels at all.
I'm out

So you're defending pointless grinding because you're bad at the game? also at spoiler tags
Seems like you're just projecting a need to feel superior at something when all it is, is just grinding.

you sound like the kind of fag that got mad at people that go fast in warframe and sucked DEs cock to nerf fast

same kind of people that think mmorpgs can be hard

Secret world was alright, some thinking puzzles to it

Sounds like I made the right choice picking it up with the big complaint being mediocre waifus…

does it at least have a decent shy chick?

Who told you this? They were wrong.

What a horrible oversight

are there bosses and is the combat challenging and fun? Looks sort of like Ys a bit.

That's a very vague statement.

Are the game's waifus LESS than mediocre or MORE than mediocre? It's a very important distinction.

As someone who just got past the 1st boss in the first Rune Factory, yes there are bosses, I don't think the combat is very challenging or fun but it's part of the story, this is Rune Factory 1 and I can't say the same for combat in any later installments

I pirated this game, but never played it. Ever find that when you are able to softmod a console you pirate a ton of games for it then never play most of them?

Bump for shy girls

The game is fun, but very grindy and almost all events are RNG based. I have ~120 hours in and I still can't trigger the even to get the true ending.
That being said, I have 120 hours in the game, so it does a lot right to get you to keep playing. Also, if you ever need money make curry since you can buy all the ingredients and it sells for more than its components.

Marvelous immediately bought them and the team made Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven right afterward. Not sure if they did anything after that.

Objective waifu facts incoming:

Slut elf.

Saber rip-off

Best girl

'Ehe I dropped it' the character.

Runner-up for best girl, except for the fact that her storyline is awful.

Go directly to jail.

Yes. I've taught myself to limit the amount of games I immediately download after jailbreaking a console so that I actually play them. It's helped a lot. I don't finish every game because often they suck ass or get boring but at least I play enough to have an opinion.

2 does

i've wanted this game for a while, but i want a physical copy and EU has none.

and have been meaning to get into the series and i have the one on PS3 but its apparently bad?

is there a starting point or a handy dandy image guide

This

An awfully generic story where the protagonist makes sure to remind you that he's an insufferable faggot. Games where the PC talks was a fucking mistake. It's like getting video game cucked.

Also no matter what your children will look nothing like you. You're forced to marry the disgusting bugslut if you don't want to have a wife's son.

Kill her and then yourself.

Hard mode also makes the enemy AI more aggressive. If it only inflated stats, you'd have a point, but the game is much more challenging when the enemies actually try to gang up on you and attack more than once every few seconds.

Inversely, Easy makes the enemies much more passive and prevents them from trying to gang up on you (on purpose anyway) so if you play on that mode you're a casual babby.

come and say it on my face nigger Ill smack you up with your shitty opinions, Dulce is just "LOOK HOW DARK AND EDGY I AM 2deep4u"

I tried to translate a comic from Pixiv, since it was pretty easy grammatically.

Here's a tip, go straight back to cuckchan and never return you irredeemable faggot

Frontier has a bunch of great waifus except for the elf mom which would be best waifuwould breeding sow

god Lord of Magna was such shit. if you want to make one of the worst SRPGs you can just copy that game.

I wouldn't have gotten the joke otherwise so good job.

kill yourself

An engaging fantasy farming simulator.
Attempt to get an easy crop up to level 10 early on so you can expand the shop's seed inventory without too much grinding.
It's a good game, you could've done significantly worse

Third Story Arc never ever

The setting and artstyle are dogshit and that atmosphere is half of what makes or breaks a game in this genre
It's probably the least comfy farman game I've ever played
Weebshit was a mistake

it's pretty shit tbh
Forte best waifu