Guild Wars

So the player base may be a lot smaller ever since the mass wave of immigration back in 2012, but the servers are still up. And since there's no subs, there's nothing preventing anyone with an account from going back and playing.

Considering how many washed-up players there seem to be on Holla Forums, how many people would be interested in starting up an 8/v/ Guild and reliving the good old days, back when MMOs weren't all shit?

Related:
poal.me/aayfjz

I've been having the itch to do this for quite some time now, I miss GW. Could we even manage to get it going? Where would we start?

Servers are STILL up? Why on God's green earth hasn't it been shut down? I can't get back into it now. My only regret was never playing the Prophecies campaign. This was the best free MMO for people allergic to subscriptions.

That's the hard part to determine. It really depends on how many people would be willing to do it I suppose. Two people eventually just devolves into two separate single-player games that meet up on occasion from my experience. More can work out better, though most shit wouldn't happen until Level 20. Eight people is obviously the ideal, or even twelve (enough to easily gather a whole party, and potentially even do Urzogs/The Deep).

ANet keeps Guild Wars running on their main servers, along with any other games they have online. Though I can't possibly imagine what other games those might be, since I haven't heard anything from them since those rumors that GW would have a sequel.

They are still up but they aren't updated or maintained by the original devs anymore, it's basically running on autopilot with the seasonal events included.

good idea to get into guild wars for the first time now? or is it too dead? if i buy the game should i get the platinum edition, goty, or the trilogy? just looking at the online store there doesn't seem to be a pack that has everything in it. it's all split up in different packs.

I hesitate to suggest buying the game because it means nuANet gets money. The "best buy" would be to pick up the Trilogy and then Eye of the North, though. I believe it's for sale on Steam as well.

Game being deserted prevents that.

I really miss GW1

However I work all the time, and would fall behind anyone else playing

Have you ever considered not being such a gigantic wagecuck?

We cant all be democratic voters collecting NEET bux

Voted for Trump in the primaries and general, not on dole because that would require me to go get a justification to be on it. Despite this, I am well on my way to both dying without ever having worked a single day and playing Guild Wars again because it's a really good game. How blasted is your ass, wagie?

How? They won't go past level 20 you know

Because GW2 players that want the HoM unlocks need to pay for the game + expansions again.

It costs them almost nothing to keep the servers up.

I salute you on having found something to be happy with in life besides video games, but if you're going to leech tax dollars, NEET life is entry tier. Real men shoot sand people for their paycheck.

The low level cap means it's almost impossible to fall behind, since you can catch up pretty much immediately. And it's not like there's no incentive for people to go back and repeat missions, either to capture elite skills or to max cartography.

That was one of the best things about GW1, with the exception of a lot of the prophecies campaign like 90% of the game content is geared around the max level since it's so low.

I like this idea, have only played singleplayer as of yet, but would join in if it gets enough traction.

Go with trilogy. Even if the multiplayers half-dead, the singleplayer is still fun, and imo really comfy all around.

Pre-searing will always be the comfiest. I did LDOA before the patch that added an alternative to death leveling and it was ~still~ comfy. You really get a feel for a good place going to shit in GW1, unlike GW2 where you only get a feel for a good game going to shit.

It was never the same after they added heroes, though that's the only way to play it now that it's dead.

I'm not sure I could take the pain, after playing it and loving it so much before buying GW2. Let's find out though, I'm up for it.

Bitch please, if you're playing a character that isn't Chapter I you leave 'tutorial island' at around level 14, in a game that has a cap of 20. This is a game about expanding your options, not getting to the max level. Chapter I chars can have people skip content and shit too for easy levelling.