Fixed it

Controller/Hardware thread.

Does this work? was the dpad even used in the main games for the n64? Why are Zowie mouses so fucking good? What controllers are you using user?
Why is it that I have zero motivation to make threads anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/New-Official-Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-Black-New-/172648826048?hash=item2832ac04c0:g:ylAAAOSww5NZArMP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

still fucked because of the Z-button
and the analog stick would be too far away from the L-trigger
it's either d-pad only with L as a trigger
or analog only with Z as a trigger
kirby was d-pad only

But what games us the L button?

use

I don't remember if Kirby did.
Goldeneye had crazy control settings, it even had options to use 2 controllers to control a single character, maybe it used the L-trigger.

Gotta get that train skip yo.

Kirby 64 and Mischief Makers used Dpad and Buttons. And the minigame in Pokemon Stadium where you throw Ekans rings onto Diglets used Dpad and Control Stick, Dpad for aiming and Control Stick for throw power, which was kind of weird.

It's asymmetrical

I mean the dpad is still on the controller.

Hi there.

Arent these like 200 dollars?

Fuck no, if you pay more than 40 you're a sucker. They go for 20 in fucking Japan, but the Japs love to gouge the round eyes.

It doesn't really need fixing. It works fine for just about every game worth playing on the console. If you want to fix something, give it a more durable analogue stick.

Ironically, we gouged theirs. And they remain so to this day.

Minimum price on (((eBay))) is $80 shipped, even from Japan. If I wasn't in the tortuously slow process of designing and engineering a new Atari 7800 controller, I might give the N64 a go. Most of the controller can be assembled with off the shelf parts, but making a housing for it is a motherbitch unless you are versed in sculpting and carving, or have friends in injection molding.

Ebay is for lazy fags who want shit delivered to their doorstep. You always pay the lazyfag premium on Ebay.

Oh yeah, whats the alternative there bro.

Local shops, flea markets. In the case of this specific controller I know an japanese game import shop not far from me that has several in stock. Honestly what kind of question is that? Do you legit think Ebay and other online sites are the only source for old shit/imported shit?

What is the name of the shop?

Find your own cool japanese retro shop, faggot.

They are unless you live in some leftist shithole of a state. The most obscure shit in any of the "local" shops I've been to, in a two hundred mile radius, in the past twenty years, was a Neo Geo CD controller and some NeoCD games in a now-out-of-business shop in western Pennsylvania.

Spoken like a faggot.

Move out of the sticks, and consider growing up a a bit.

Maybe you're tired of getting called a faggot.

He's right. Normalfags such as yourself would probably tarnish their reputation.

Reddit, stop trying to fit and or fuck off. You contribute nothing of value.

You're just jealous you don't have one.

I forgot that I unfucked my script controls to re-enable ID filtering. Anywho, I have yet to use a decent 3rd party N64 controller, but here's a video that goes over a few of them in brief detail. Apparently Google knows I'm working on human interface devices and slotted this into related videos.

Jokes on you faggot, I don't even have a n64 or any nintendo products. Consoles are for niggers.

GOT EM

Wow what a sad fag. Not even owning a retro console that you've had since the 80s-90's.

Oh man, weebshits showed up. I am so surprised.
I will post the image that you mod fags are deleting in every thread.

Has there ever been a good 3rd party controller?

Goon detected.

The clear Madcatz controllers for the Gamecube were better than the original controllers, but the clear plastic is damn brittle. Dunno if they made an opaque version, but this is probably the only instance in my experience where a 3rd party controller was as good as, or better than the original.

I was in that thread and got banned you fagtard. I'm just taking the piss and mentioning how good it is to have a local place you can get retro shit at at. Cool off a bit.

Man, nu goons are learning. You can get out now.

Yeah, I have an Ibuffalo snes controller. Its pretty awesome, glad it isn't as mushy as an original snes controlller.

I have a local store I can check out once in awhile. Nothing special though, he doesnt do ebay checks either and just prices it for what he thinks its worth. My biggest issue right now is finding a good CRT.

Thrift and Garage sales. You might get lucky.

Yeah, I should keep my eye out more. I just dont want a very big one. Only thing I plan on playing on it is a snes and seg genesis.

Hillarious.

Nigger, the D-pad was just an alternate method of controlling games. Few games used it instead of the control stick, but they did use them, for example, Mischief Makers.

People sell those on occasion at Sega-16's forums. Still, if you're going to go through that much effort and nightmarish shipping costs, you should look for a Sony PVM instead of a TV.

Yes

I've had to repair/replace several N64 controller analog sticks. I've seen a few variations of the sticks but none of them compare to the originals. I'm not an engineer, I just take shit apart and put it back together. I don't know what makes it work so I also don't get why no 3rd party analog sticks are incapable of providing perfect 1:1 precision of the official releases.

what's the cheapest way to buy a 360 controller? the wireless kind
will it work with a wire also?

Buy a used one at a goodwill or something is probably cheapest possible option. Of course they work while plugged it, they weren't designed by Apple, just manufactured by the same Asian sweat shop laborers.

a friend of mine said that the wireless kind doesn't work with cabels. thats why I ask
and I'd like a cheap new one if possible. local sellers are sketchy to me

for what purpose?

I don't recommend buying used 360 controllers

Almost every single used 360 controller I've seen is in disgusting shape. The thumbsticks are gnarled and have tons of wiggle to them.

I don't know why people treat their controllers like a dog chewtoy but they tend to all be in garbage condition when I see them. The only way to fix them is to take it apart and deep clean it, and replace the thumbsticks.

New will be the same price anywhere you go unless it's on sale or there's a coupon available. Might as well just order one from somewhere like gamestop or amazon if you don't want to purchase locally. Which is odd because you can easily tell if a controller is a knock off.

Most wireless ones come with a charger cable that works on PC and 360. If you buy them new and have a lithium battery as opposed to a pack that just has two AAA batteries.

New ones can still be bought in mainstream stores. They're usually for PC but work on actual 360s

It's for Resident Evil

If you think 360 controllers are bad, PS3 controllers are gnawed to pieces by feral street apes. I FINALLY got one for $25 new after hunting for a year. I have a dead, chewed up one from fucking Dubai on my desk right now.

I can buy one locally for 45 burgers. can I get it any cheaper? chinks?

www.ebay.com/itm/162121415337 - New controller
www.ebay.com/itm/401152286742 - Chinese battery and cable

Both in the US. If I had any desire to hook my 360 up again, I'd buy them. Amazingly enough, my original controllers and batteries were stolen by my sister's meth-head friends, not the usual feral street apes that typically steal everything video-game related.

There's a morbid curiosity in me that wants to hear more about feral street apes

It's a pejorative term for those who will ask if you have a cigarette, then stab you while you fish one out of your pocket.

Fixed it.

Main problem is the shitty analog stick and the fact that there is only one.

taking this rare 2B

But that's not video games

I need to find a set of screw drivers for electronic devices. I have this $1 all in one box set from this chink shop. They work but they got no handles. So along with being short its just a stick with a hexagonal metal tap loosely riveted onto the top.

I can find it for about 40 with tax at the fry's electronics down they freeway. I swear they used to be $30-35 if it was wired.

I got all of my torx and standard mini screwdrivers on ebay, but they have cheap plastic handles. Doesn't matter, not much torque involved with tiny screws. My security bits are actual bits, and I use them with with a nut driver or mini pot-metal ratchet. Wired 360 controllers are cheap, new, on ebay. Cheaper than the wireless one I posted the URL for.

cheers!

ebay.com/itm/New-Official-Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-Black-New-/172648826048?hash=item2832ac04c0:g:ylAAAOSww5NZArMP
is this legit?

Definitely bullshit.

it is similar

Disgusting underage retard.

Nice buzzwords newfag.

Yeah, that is pretty much it.

Keep up with the times grandpa.
Why would you use a Rock candy controller?

It was cheaper then the official brand.
I've also had this one for a few years at this point and it never gave me any problems up until now, with the odd exception of a piece of a shitty headset I plugged in breaking off and rolling around inside of the right handle below the rumbler.

but muh dpad

All d-pads are shit except for the ones on nintendo systems.

Disagree

Name some then.

The Playstation controller D-Pads are the only ones I like to use at this point. I haven't tried it yet but the Xbone Elite D-Pad looks like it might be alright, though I don't know about using the platter.

As for Nintendo their D-Pads have all sucked after the N64. Gamecube's is too small to be used as a primary control method and Wii & Wii U use this shitty rocker that also has pointy edges. The Switch can fuck right off though, that's the worst D-Pad I've ever used.

It's the truth. You have to be too young to have every tried playing with the thing and retarded enough to not understand how the thing works.
Retards being disgusting should be self evident.

This makes you a disgusting underage retard.

Your parents must be really proud of you.

I don't know if it counts as Nintendo, but ibuffalo dpad is amazing. I found the original snes and nes dpads to squishy/delayed. I still have not tried an xbone or ps4 controller.

die

what game runs a d pad and joystick control scheme?

Its a fucking joke dude.

no wonder most of you losers are still basement-dwelling virgin manchildren

:^)

totally unrelated but I dont want to make a new thread just for a dumbass question

Whats the best emulator out there for GBA?

3DS with injector or some shit. I used VisualBoy Advance for years, but eh. If you want ACCURATE, I think people look to MEDNAFEN for that.

Why must video games hurt me like this?

Any crazy hybrids from hardcore autists?

Don't forget Kirby 64.