Genyo Takeda is being replaced by Ko Shiota and is basically getting the Miyamoto treatment

Genyo Takeda is being replaced by Ko Shiota and is basically getting the Miyamoto treatment.

For those who don't know who he is, he's basically the guy that made the Analog Stick on the Nintendo 64 BUT ALSO made the Wii into a rehashed Gamecube with Motion Controls, at the same time they're replacing him with the guy who made the WiiU.

I'm not sure how to feel about this Holla Forums.

The switch has paid online. So I don't care.

downvote negated

How can I care anymore? I just don't. I never will again.

Miyamoto was talented at first, but then everyone in the studios hold back or are told by him to stick to a set of antiquated standards (not the good ones), so it is the usual Japanese corporate stuff, what's the Miyamoto treatment? because I think he still has too much influence among young developers.

does he?

I thought they put him on the back seat

“there is no end to the desire of those who just want more. Give them one, they ask for two. Give them two and the next time they will ask for five instead of three, their desire growing exponentially.”

His take on graphical fidelity

He was right you know.

Whatever the case it is, he is the one holding back a lot fo talent with his mere presence, young devs don't want to "step on his legacy" or some shit, don't feel worthy and all that shit, and sometimes when there is something new popping up, if Miyamoto doesn't like it, well, elders get the final word.

Wowie! This is SUCH a HARD choice!!
btw. Give us a source next time, faggot.

Who in their right mind cares?

Why even care about counsels anymore when you know they will nickle and jew you?

Nah he's right. Anybody who thinks that shit's ok here obviously already owns a switch.

People on Holla Forums also own a PS4 and pay for paid online, what's your excuse for that?

There is none. They were faggots then and they are now. Holla Forums isn't person retard.

I don't intend on getting a Switch until it's fully cracked and ready to have its entire library available for $0.
Surely the rest of you anons will follow, right?

Switch could have Eternal Darkness 2, Metroid Prime Fusion, DMC x Bayonetta and Splatoon Advance Wars and I still wouldn't buy one because it would give money to supporting Treehouse.

Yeah? Well, YOU'RE one person.

I don't think any of the faggots in the falcom thread have psn gold. Ask them, maybe they do.

Oh, this oughtta be good

There's generals with games on it right now on this board. Their normalfags who can't wait because they subscribed to hype.

And you're to young to post here. Go back to bed.

r-rude

shit is summer here already?

Yep
Summer is coming in full swing, user.
Let your friends know!

Summer never left

Fuck off Reddit. You can't "downvote" shit.

IT IS GROWING STRONGER.

he was clearly using sage as a downvote.

No it's just a pointless thread.

Everyone here is underage and have no idea how brilliant this man was

Nintendo hardware costs virtually NOTHING to make. Nintendo realized spending money on R&D to create a gimmick was cheaper in the long run than setting up contracts with high-end chip suppliers. Nintendo had to spend money on gimmicks because they knew they didn't have the graphical capabilities to use in marketing. And it somewhat worked, at least for the Wii and their handheld line. One could even argue it worked for the WiiU despite the WiiU being a commercial failure because the hardware was dirt cheap to produce. It was a brilliant strategy from a business standpoint honestly

he looks like an asian version of jeb bush in that 2nd picture.

I see it.

Well for sure, he was a genius no doubt. I'm just really confused by the Wii era.

Probably because Nintendo threads bring in the console war faggots

And from a person who plays games I say who gives a shit? There's nothing underage about not wanting to see pointless threads like these.

"Puhrease crap"

Thats you right now

There's several reasons this thread is shit and pointless. All of which went over your head so lurk more next time.

I know there was a meme with jeb making the same exact face. I can't dig it up though.

Uh-Oh. Two rock headed posters are gonna get it on in a few minutes!
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

His team's battery back-up design allowed Zelda to have a save feature on the cartridge instead of some shitty password like Metroid and Kid Icarus had when they were released outside Japan.

It was also his idea to have the eject slot on the original model Famicom along with the Super Famicom and SNES. They have no practical purpose, they're just a satisfying way of removing the game.

Are you the type that trusts ecelebs because they say something you like?

There's several reasons this thread is shit and pointless. All of which went over your head so lurk more next time.

Also shitposters like this pretty much guaranteed it's derailment. Nice job.

HAH HAH

Saved.

wow, SRAM chips can hold their contents with a +5V charge?
fucking genius, who would've ever considered using non-volatile memory would work for persistent state?

Looks like he also co-designed Popeye, Punch-Out!! along with its Famicom conversion, along with both Star Tropics games, and Pilotwings 64.

If those were movies, they'd be better than what Jar Jar's brought to the table. They won't tell you to do this at NeoGAF, but you should look this sort of stuff up on the internet before you shitpost about it.

Yes because all directors never degenerated into making shit movies once they got money and all access direction. Also funny you should mention fucking Star Wars to make this all the more ironic. Lurk more faggot.

That was probably doable in the mid-80s, but like many great computer products, not yet cost-effective. The cartridge version of Zelda's development happened at a time when PCs were still mostly stuck on 5.25" disks and EGA/IBM speakers being the cutting edge.

It always makes me want mcdicks.

Almost all of those were made after Nintendo made a mint off of Donkey Kong, though.
You were the first one to mention Jar Jar, though. Are you literate?

This is pre-90's you retard. It's been over 20 years since DK and around 20 since the games you listed. Name a good game this guys produced post 2010 and we'll talk.

I mentioned JJ Abrams. The fuck you on about.

Donkey Kong also predates the '90s. It's been over 35 years since the original game was released in arcades. Like I said earlier, you need to look this stuff up before you shitpost. This isn't even a matter of being underage.
How about you start off with a good game produced after 2010?
Jar Jar is a common nickname for J.J. Abrams. Please lurk moar.

I never said it wasn't? My point is that this guy hasn't produced anything of note for about 20 years and you think he's worth discussing now for some reason.
I'm not the one defending this thread. I'll keep my superior taste away from you thanks.
Sorry I don't discuss JJ Abrams in a thread for fucking video games. Maybe you're a Holla Forums fag or something.

He and his unit designed Nintendo's standard arcade cabinet, the Famicom and NES, Super Famicom and SNES, N64, GameCube, and Wii. I'm not sure who designed their handhelds since the Game Boy Color, but I'm sure he had something to do with those as well.

If you're too young to know what those things are, I'm sure there's a subreddit that's kept up to date with all the current devices you've been told to like.

Exactly Consoles. Not only does your movie director shit not work under these circumstances none of these are even post 2010 or even recent. As said before this thread is useless.

Projection only made more sad by the fact that I told you to lurk more instead of keep posting. Congrats.

If you aren't underage, why does it matter if it's recent? You can't even name a good game produced after 2010.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Incompetent people replacing incompetence.

good fucking riddance

Pretty much

WHERE'S THE SOURCE?

Thread was dead to begin with, you fucking down syndrome stricken shit child.

Got deleted, post it again. Please

I'm waiting for Nintendo to lose everything and get bought by Microsoft or Google or something. Just take vidya off life support and let it die already.

Only goalpost shifting so far has been on your end.

It's going to take three or four all-in Saturn-level financial meltdowns before they think of dropping their own products. Don't hold your breath.

Holy shit, this place is a fucking joke. Its one fucking image. Grow some fucking balls.
HERE YOU GO BUD

Reposting to say that you're moving goalposts like a redditor.

What method of rule breaking is this? Consolewar? Rule 8? Not only was this not a Wii-U thread to begin with, Amiibo's aren't a console and they're video game related and it's on topic to Nintendo you faggots. This threads been confirmed shit anyways so I don't see what you're accomplishing here. Also I was filling a request of another user. Not even discussing Amiibo's, jesus fuck read the context behind posts before you start banning anybody who posts an image. I can only assume this is a new volunteer.

This. Nintendo could survive 3 depressions and still have enough to make a Zelda game with a bigger scope than BoTW. It's sad but true.

herewego

You're the only one who's been moving goalposts. I know you really hate Nintendo, but this is an awful lot of reaching.

It'd be sad if they had less of a grasp on what makes a good product than the other guys. You never know, that might change someday.

Nice try redditor. Still pushing that alternative goalpost. My point is he's no longer relevant even with OP (without proof may I add) and you're not helping your case here.

Wishful thinking newfag. If you've been here long enough you'd know shit just gets worse. Seriously stop trying to pretend, it's embarrassing to read your posts at this point.

Daily Reminder, and now we're getting a big influx of summerfags/newfags from what I've seen. I suggest ye all give Holla Forums a wee few months break. We're currently quickly spiraling down to halfchan levels of quality as of now. Go, unless you like that sorta thing. I'll be back in 2-3 months maybe.

How are they no longer relevant? Are games irrelevant to you unless they're trending on your favorite subreddit?

You need to work on your literacy, I said they already make a better product than the other guys. Where did I say they were "getting better"?

I just shitpost/argue and fight the power against normalfags even harder honestly. Be the change you want to see and all that. I rarely devolve to downright shitposting/dubs, but it has it's uses despite what mods think. Remember if you start to allow summer to happen they only stay. If me being right and having better taste than others in a thread is ban worthy then I guess I'll start using a proxy again for the first. But usually I go on rule of trust that mods know what they're doing and if I get banned I deserve it. If I'm using a proxy then they obviously I didn't. Not all game is equal on Holla Forums, despite what the mods think.

fucking lol dude

You're doing a better job at initiating console wars than I ever did. (Hey mods ban this guy will you?) But you're rose tinted nostalgia goggles are definitely sheening a pale red right now.

When you thought they would "change". I assume you didn't mean for the worse but hey if they are you're only helping my argument. Jesus fuck stop making retarded comments like this. I'm giving you solid advice when I tell you to lurk more instead of post but you keep continuing. I'm fine either way, this threads been off topic since post 6 so I get to enjoy you're unsustainable argument for as long as you think you have one.

The sad thing is that Mark and his fag mods are all Nintendo kids, so they lurk every fucking Nintendo related thread and delete ANY joke about Nintendo. Its fucking sad.

Wh-What..!!?
I'm sorry for whatever I did. Please accept my friendship ;-;
I didn't mean to hurt you baby.

I believe you but I'de rather just make a difference without constantly shitposting about them. The best way to piss them off if they're biased towards Nintendo is to bring up facts against it. If they're not they shouldn't mind and if they are they'll look like fucking hacks. Simple.

Also everything after first paragraph intended for not obviously. I've been up for 2 days and 2 nights trying to beat a SM64 romhack and I need sleep. If the mods wanna ban me for 12 hours or so they can. Just don't remove my posts.

You cared enough to post about it ;)

See, this is how I know you're from either reddit or NeoGAF, all from the passive-aggressive e-martyrdom. There's the horse-blinders focus on newer games, but this is some D-grade bait. If this is the best you can offer, it's going to be a long summer.

They're gonna remove your posts.

t. someone who got their posts removed, around 6 times total. So many good threads, deleted.

Eh, its Marks board yo, he has like 20 mods who sit in a discord and shit post constantly. They get off on this shit.

Make a new board, or hit up Lowtax for a safe space.

But thank fucking God we still have gamer gate threads! Yeah! Freedom!
FOR FREE

Keep fucking trying to make excuses for your shit taste newfag. If me having better taste than you and being right pisses you off so bad maybe you should actually do what I've been telling you to do from the start and go back or lurk more.

Wonder who's behind this post. I'de laugh if you didn't sound so desperate right now.

What's wrong with making your own board if you hate the Nintendo fanboy mods so much?

Good riddance

Well you would think to know, being a Nintendo fanboy wouldn't you? Like I said. Desperate.

I'm sorry, I don't know why you can't just make your own board instead of crying about the mods. What's wrong with creating your own board?

This is my board. You faggots just can't handle sharing. Get over it. Also I thought you wanted to talk about video games?

Because you can't get the Holla Forums title. You dumb fucking kike.

/thread

YUP

Why is it so important for you to have the Holla Forums title? What kind of potent autism is this?

Holy fuck stop bumping the thread with this offtopic shit newfag.

This thread was never good.

Better to be a newfag than some washed-up goon.

The beauty is that only newfags would say this. Again keep trying to label me. You're only breaking the rules by meta posting so it's a win win for me at this point.

Pictured is Genyo Takeda's design masterpiece, complete with a cartridge pin-bending ZIF-like mechanism.

You brought it up first. Only a goon would have literacy issues like this.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND QUIT BUMPING THE FUCKING THREAD WITH YOUR STREAM OF GOD DAMN NONSENSE. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.
Thank you.

lol

You're welcome.

This guy.

And here is the important part

Basically, you do something and give the finger to the higher ups and do it anyway.

they really shouldn't have listened to him at all. I don't even know why they asked. it's like asking a guy that designs cars how you should design your house.

They even rook same

Really needs to be a /bane/ photoshop here.

So when is Nintendo going to announce Koizumi as Kimishima's replacement?

Endless Summer.

For every good decision myamoto made, he made other 5 bad decisions.
A link between words was vetoed by him because he said the game "felt like a game from the 90s" and didn't deserved to be made, then the guys put in the wall walk in the game and he said the game was awesome because now it had a gimmick.
He almost made smash not use nintendo characters, instead using wireframe faceless characters (like the ones on the 100-man fights) but the guys put the characters in anyway, jumped his review of the game and showed to the rest of the nintendo top brass, when everyone liked miyamoto couldn't veto it anymore.
The guy does way more harm than good and 70% of what's credited to him is actually someone's else work.

Isn't this always the case for any kind of organisation anywhere throughout history?

it's what happens when you put anyone on a pedestal just because he made something good two or three times.

No wonder he worked for nintendo for over a decade
gotta justify pushing subpar shit since their inception somehow.

I actually liked the wall walk
There were some smart uses of the gimmick like freezing shit

I'm not dissing the wall walk, the problem is he got from "this game don't deseve to be made" to "this is perfect" because they added a single gimmick.
It's also the reason we don't have a new F-Zero, he vetoes any attempt until someone find a new gimmick to put in the series