Are either of these games any good...

Are either of these games any good? Usually there's a general consensus but the opinions on these two tend to differ vastly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1Xg9pTPZ80
youtube.com/watch?v=3CdCqI9cQaI
youtube.com/watch?v=X8JJximnfmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. They are both shit and so was Dark Souls.

Stay away from DS2.
DS3 is alright.
Play DS1 and Demon's Souls.

Kill yourself.

They're pretty fun

Practice what you preach, you facebook tier edgy cunt. Sick of these fucking kids.

Dark Soul 3 is a proper sequel to a game that never should have had a sequel but it comes off as a bit stale only because its been nonstop souls games for almost 8 years. Dark Souls 2 is actually pretty fun even though it was a shameless cash grab made by a different team and plagued with development issues so don't head into it expecting it to be Dark Souls. Dark Souls is actually the closest thing a video game has come to being considered a holistic work of art (but video games are not art). Demon's Souls is Dark Souls Beta and has a bit cooler aesthetics. Bloodborne is the whole package where the Hidetaka Miyazaki formula is perfected.

Pretty simple.

Suck my dick bitchboy.

To the darksouls subreddit with you

Where are these butthurt redditors coming from?

2 is a shitty Dark Souls game but an average game considered on its own.

3 is a moderately good Dark Souls game.

Bloodborne is better, Dark Souls is better still, and Demon's Souls will always have the nostalgia factor attached to it.

Pretty much this. DS3 had the DeS/DS1 gameplay people were comfortable with but 2 had good DLC and a few interesting places, moreso than any of the MEMBERSOLARIEEEXDDD3 had.

Are you really going to say this about 3 when 2 had the present "praise the sun!", referenced Solaire in miracle descriptions, and had his armor + the sunbro covenant? Come the fuck on. 3 did it as well, but 2 did it first and even harder.

DS3 was fanservice: the game, and DS2 doesn't have solaire's armor what the hell are you going on about

If anything DS2 wanted to capitalize on the memes that came from the first game, and completely failed.

2 suffers from retarded design choices that make the game awful to play through but has a few good ideas that don't make up for it. 3 has a lot of problems as well, but I was somehow able to put up with 3 a lot more than 2.

2 fell for the marketing that they shat out for the first game, and 3 is them somewhat realizing they fucked up but not knowing where.

SoTFS actually fixed a lot of problems with base DaS 2, primarily enemy placement/variety, and pacing. Things like Soul Memory are not fixed proper, but instead have workarounds like the Agape Ring, which locks you into whatever SM tier you're in. Good for staying at a certain co-op/PvP tier, but only becomes viable at 500k SM.

DaS 3 is a great gameā€¦ For the first playthrough, that is. It's more of the same from all the other games, which would be a good thing had it not got tiring by DaS 2. It's riddled with fan service, and is ultimately devoid of any modicum of creativity. Despite all that, it's still a wonderful game to play once. It's just the least replayable of the entire series, Bloodborne included.

DSII had an awful development and it was frankly a miracle the game is what it is. It still has a lot of bad but there is some good in there. Build/playthrough variety is the highest for example.

DSIII was clearly half assed as its short and its just Blood Souls. Gone is the build variety, poise, the point of a shield etc.

DS, DeS and BB will always be above these two simply because they did what they wanted perfectly. DSII is probably the best clusterfuck of a game I've played and DSIII is enjoyable but extremely repetitive and frustrating because of its speed.

(checked)
From reddit probably.
Just bully them, they'll fold like paper.

Yeah it didn't have the armor but it did have that cringy as fuck "Praise the sun!" message you could write. DS3 had something similar, but you could replace "sun" with something else.
DS3 had a lot of fan service, but DS2 played a big part in driving the sunbro meme even further into the ground.

Re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic won't save the ship from sinking.

I've warmed up to DS2.

Atleast it had poise. DS3 with DLCs isn't as good as DS2 with DLC.

"They" won't.

Basically, remember how 2 went for

And well, everything.

It mostly fixed the graphics but enemy placement was BS anyway, ganking got worse, let's not even get started with the npc phantoms with fabric armor + infinite poise and impossible gear in early areas, which doesn't emulate anything like the earlier game because in DS1 at least there was the master key and a twink build was still possible.

Oh, and the DLC areas literally made any speciality fuck itself, everything was resistant to all elements, again, lots of armored enemies and let's not forget the multiple katana wielding phantoms.

Honestly, if DaS 3 had proper poise, then it'd be a hell of a lot more enjoyable, ESPECIALLY given how fast all the enemies are.

There is just no excuse for hyperarmor whatsoever. Me equipping a greatsword, while wearing heavy armor, should not allow me to tank shots any more so than if I had a mace or SS equipped. None.

It didn't function the same way as it did in 1 though, but at least it's something yeah.

none are up to par with DS1 but is right:
DS3 has good gameplay, ok-ish story, world and bosses, the DLCs are pure crap, newgame+ is worthless(a few +1 rings that are worse than those from the DLC).

DS2 has bad or weird gameplay, bad story, world and bosses which are great in the DLCs, tons of content and a excellent Newgame+( new bosses, placement and loot) that i have no idea why was not repeated on DS3.

Nice facebook frog.

One altair and one message in the game = driving the sunbro meme further into the ground

Yeah

Remember when hyperarmor wasn't even working at launch and we got the gem "it's working as intended".

There's even an achievement/trophy that you unlock when you die for 2.

DS2 is shite. 3 is good though.

Anime poster = ID filtered

Filtered for announcing filter.

Retard poster = ID filtered.

How is that worse than the constant REMEMBER DARK SOULS?! in DS3
I'm not saying DS2 is the better game but it was at least a breath of fresh air

Face the facts faggot.

Which was horribly named "This is Dark Souls" which made it more cringeworthy, they could have easily name it "Prepare to Die" and it would have been at least passable.

Okay, come on now, DaS 3 did the same thing. It included the SSS, referenced Solaire, included the gesture and covenant, and took places in the ages after DaS as well.

You're just channeling your hatred for DaS 2 vehemently right now.

At least 3 has the "excuse", however loose it is, that it takes place in the same area that the first game did, while 2 is seemingly in a different area entirely. Doesn't change the fact that both are shit and they didn't give a fuck.

Drangleic takes place in the same exact area as Lordran, same as Lordran. It is not only referenced in area design and item descriptions, but also by Straid of Olaphis.

Same as Lothric*

Because that's kind of the point of DS3?

There's plenty of REMEMBER DARK SOULS 2?! in it as well, but people don't focus on it because the game has a bad rap due to it's many problems and having to follow up a GOAT, so it was a disappointment.

I have to take people's word on it because I can't stand how the game moves and colors used. Eventually I'll be able to actually keep going past Ruin Sentinels.

I'm talking about the gameplay not the monster or level design which is definitely a lot worse than DS3

But why. Why make the point of DS3 be 'remember DS?' The game is worse off because of this

Never said it didn't. I'm just pointing out that 2's guilty of doing the same.

I don't see how intentionally being a rehash excuses it being a rehash.

It's not a rehash though. That would imply the content isn't adding things in, at least in terms of story.
But even in gameplay it isn't the same thing as DS1 or DS2.

The only thing you can argue being a rehash is the Anor Londo section.

Do you know what website you're on, retard?

Yes.

Also yes.

but that is just a meme user. The DLC wasn't really that good. DkS3 DLC is much better in terms of Quality. People are just salty because Ashes of Ariandel was short one boss. However Ashes of Ariandel + Ring City DLC is almost as good as the Old Hunters. (Old hunters being the best DLC). Ring City is great DLC.

DkS2 DLC isn't bad but it basically = One reskin boss, One good boss, and One trash boss. The map design in The DLC was better then the core game but not by much and their was always one bullshit gauntlet before one of the bosses that serves no purpose but to be hard for the sake of frustration (See Horse fuck Valley).

DkS2 is fun up until The Looking Glass Knight. Then some of the DLC Bosses are OK, but post Drangleic Castle the game really falls apart.

poise was always a shit mechanic. I never appreciated it.
t. Player who started with Demons Souls

But it doesn't do that user. You are just a sperg. Spilling your spaghetti over a meme.

Posted too soon, anyway, stay the fuck away from Dark Souls 2 if you plan on enjoying any other games from the series. The ugliest fucking game ever made, it drains your life force and depresses you.

The main complaint I have with 3 is that its too fucking fast compared to the other two games because A-team was still high on the fumes of Bloodborne. The whole game is designed around this fact because rolls cost hardly any stamina so you can spam it 10-12 times in a row from full, as opposed to the 4-6 times in 2.

Enemies are also extremely aggressive and fast. They will chimp out on you for 3-6 hits and if you suffer one hit, you have to stand there stunlocked and take the next one too. Its especially bad in the Ariandel DLC with the Abyss Followers dual-wielding the torch+sabre as they have that one combo where they flail about like retards, plus those fucking Crow Talon vultures that can do up to what seems like 10 hits in one combo.

3's tendency to go over-the-top and "style over substance" in just about every area is to its detriment. If everything looks impressive and flashy then it loses some of that coolness factor overall.

implying all Souls games don't do that

The others give you some motivation, DS2 actively mocks you for even trying.

Map design wasn't even that good, its just that Dark Souls 2 design is so abysmal by default a fucking gutter map is considered one of the best because of its sheer complexity. First one boils down to "go to the temple, make it down the narrow path and then back up, then unlock this totally hidden set of stairs that you pass by right at the beginning of the DLC". Two of the bosses were good, the other arguably up there in top 3 worst in the series.
Second one was pretty alright, but let's not pretend it wasn't obvious where to go and that anything blended into the background, even when it could, it was a series of timed ladders going up and down.
The third one was one fucking corridor with a nice background and another level that you couldn't see shit in.

At least in DS1 most areas lopped back to the hub, in DS2 you depend too much on teleports and any shortcuts around end up being pointless.

The worst part about DaS2 wasn't that it was bad but that they had the nerve to charge for a patch.

Good post. AoA killed my passion to continue playing. I just quit out and beat Soul of Cinder. Don't know if I'll even go back to finish it off and start Ringed City.

Like we've discussed in this thread DS3 is about bringing together all the games and retreads a lot of the same ground in my opinion to the detriment of the game. Why is this a 'meme'? I wish DS3 could have introduced more new things while addressing the problems of the old games instead of relying so heavily on references and not fixing the core gameplay is all

I loved the idea of the pit in DS2's hub, but damn did I expect it to be spookier down there. It was like some eerie mystery in the beautiful place.

We got some goddamn rats instead.

But user, falling down the black pit where Ricards Rapier is and then the ebin ship cutscene were sooo sick. Omg when u open the cauldron in the middle of the fucking map in Irons Keep and go up the ladder.. what genius designed this.

I can't even remember a cauldron in Iron Keep.

As in the giant iron anomaly in the middle of the map that exhausts fire if you open it prematurely, because it let's you go up a ladder instead of fighting the smelter demon.

I pirated DS3 and currently am pretty satisfied with it though it suffers significantly without online which is a valid complaint.

Specifically with the humanity stand in for Dark Souls 3.
In Dark Souls 1 you could gain passive humanity just by killing enemies in a location that you have not beaten yet and unless I'm remembering wrong, the soft humanity meter didn't reset when you died, which has a very significant impact on the practicality of learning to Perry enemies.

In Dark Souls you were rewarded for persevering, even if it meant getting kill frequently, and learning to parry enemies.

This is not the case in Dark Souls 3.
It doesn't reward you for learning to fight correctly in a direct way. It makes it more viable to just twink till you can just kill shit or take all the hits.

Its the rim of a toilet

Oh, that thing.

DS2 has some cool stuff but the lack of variety and poor level design are a big miss that ruins the game

DS3 Fixed the mess that DS2 did but NPCs and world are boring as fuck, it's just a pile of recycled garbage

I would say that the only good game after DS is bloodborne but it is a PS4 exclusive so I suppose that you aren't interested in that and I won't blame you

NPCs in Dark Souls 3 are fine.
They have actual stories that like in 1 and hell they even have multiple endings/outcomes now.

You remember wrong. When you die you drop soft humanity with your souls. They can be retrieved at the bloodstain just like your souls.

If you are talking about story things. Then you are dead wrong. DkS3 Ties up the lose ends. It reinforces the theme of Nihilism vs Traditionalism and entropy inevitable entropy of all things. The Painting Motif of the DLC is actually excellent and enhances and reinforces the theme of the first game. The Dark Souls Universe did not need more in the first place, more was extravagant and gaudy and frivolously unnecessary that only detract from the theme. What Dark Souls 2 and 3 honestly needed to be was to be a new title with similar mechanics. The point of DkS3 was to destroy the Canvas and wipe it clean symbolically so that a new painting can be created.

maybe you just needed to get used to the new tells. Where you playing it at 30fps? Its not really as bad as you make it out to be. Still, you have to admit Sister Friede and Slave Knight Gael is probably two of the most amazing bosses in all the games. Maybe not as cool as Artorias in terms of lore, but way more intresting and sophisticated fights mechanically.

Not becoming the dark lord to rule the earth with two sisters that let you fuck them?

No, the soft humanity METER

As in the hidden meter you cannot see that goes up based on

I'm playing at 60 FPS but I've gotten more used to the enemy tells over the course of 4 playthroughs. Its still a pain to fight some of them though. Lothric Knights are the rudest awakening coming from Dark Souls 1 and 2.

I tried fighting Friede with heavy weapons to no avail because she has that irritating quickstep dodge. She also treads into the anime spectacle fighting territory mentioned in several threads that DS3 has. She's not bad but not good. Gael is a whole lot better because you can at least get one hit with heavy weapons in between his attacks and its a lot easier to stagger him with them than other weapons. Gael also goes into the WOW LOOK AT THAT territory that Friede does but he's much more fair about it.

Dark Lord will always be the right ending for in brings in the the dawn of the JE, I mean man. The amazing serpents that never lie told me so!

DAS3 is shit, pve and pvp. They tried too hard to follow the git gud meme, now the bosses are lame. They spam attacks, they hide their moveset, they hit you when you are supposed to be invulnerable, they double tap you without giving you the chance to avoid the second blow. The regular monsters have the same problems, you notice them less of course. Basically, from software went full "we want the cawodoodie audience".
Pvp is shit under all aspects. Shitty covenants, shitty lag, shitty balance, shitty phantom range, shitty pampering the host. But then again, i can't tell if it's better than da2 pvp wise, since with soul memory i didn't get a chance to play it.
DA2 is easly better though, even if you consider pvp.

You fell for the ruse I see.

It's like you're a cuck or something.

Objective proof Dark Souls is shit and making it multiplat did nothing but bring in massive amounts of cancer.

How do you know it'll be dragons next time? They'll just be wiped out again anyway fam.

Anyway, das3 is inherently bad. It's the shills that pretend it is good. For a full week now we had three thread a day about dark souls. Don't listen to them, das3 is really shit, it's so bad that it seems like they tried hard to fuck it up.

Been played DS2 sotfs. I like it, it is more challenging than the previous. It is really foggy on where to go or what to do or why and becomes just a push forward and hit the boss eventually. The locations are interesting and the enemies are fine, gameplay is solid. Seems aimless at times.

Ding ding ding.

sounds like you never got gud.

This tbh.

I assumed that's what you were implying you wanted by reset, since nothing happening what so ever is a possibility after the death of the flame. Just you and your fire keeper waifu.

This shit makes me rage every time, specially those "shockwaves" that linger for 1-2 seconds after the attack, in DS1 there is the giant soldier's shield smash which lingers for a full second.

Fucking Mimics were complete bullshit after a while.

It just became a better idea to throw poison items at them or get other enemies to aggro them while hiding far away.

Also, I had no problem with Dragons in Demon Souls. The rest of the games came along and said fuck you and everything you stand for.
And then the legendary glitch dragons in Dark Souls.
It's hard to get good when shit is this broken.

This is the truth.

The only thing we can do now is laugh boyos.

the original demons souls was unique

In what way?

what are you talking about kid? It was the first of its kind. Not many 3rd person action RPG's before DeS.

In what way?
Yeah, like DMM.

I played only the beginning of each one, and found both trash. Dark Souls 2 at least tried something different tho.

yuge!

Wait a secā€¦

what is DMM?
maybe you should play the game and find out.

Calling DS2's gameplay a "breath of fresh air" is a tasteless joke. It was stiff and slow. It was a breath of noxious fumes.

Maybe you should lurk more and find out.
Wow, look at that, I can be "mysterious" too.

Dark Souls 2 was okay. Like people treat it like it was an absolute failure and total cancer but it wasn't THAT bad. It just had some really shitty design decisions and rolling is janky as fuck. Probably the best Dark Souls game for magic though. Story is kind of bullshit because it's only tangentially related to Dark Souls 1 or 3, it's almost like Mass Effect 2 where a bunch of meandering bullshit happens that in the end affects nothing. Agi stat was fucking retarded. All 3 DLC, that you get with SOTFS, are better than most areas in the main game.

Dark Souls 3 is perfectly fine. I have no idea why some people shit on it. It's a lot faster than Dark Souls 1 and 2 and the bosses are pretty good. Second DLC is pretty amazing, first DLC almost isn't worth it. Does give some closure to the series and has the best endings.

cry's the newfag

You need to go back.

Ņ“ÉŖŹŸį“›į“‡Ź€į“‡į“…
inb4 "I was just pretending to be retarded"

Go away shitskin.

lmao, back to twitter

wew what a fucking loser.

You tell him user! Pretending to be retarded is offensive to real retards like yourself.

you don't fit in yet.

Oh look, smug anime girl reaction pics.
Usually you have to pay for clowns.

Good example of how

Whoa, I've never heard of that occurring before.

The fuck is an IRC you Facebook faggot?

smells like eternal september in here

Smells like schizophrenia here, not everyone is a lard ass burger obsessed with the internet.

Fuck off normalfag.

That pic is of you, then?

There's cod for you

Reddit tier taste.

Dark Souls is named thus because only a nigger could ever enjoy it.

Congrats user, you're a genuine retard.

I bet you're using Google Chrome and have Facebook open in another tab you fucking normalfag.

Down syndrome is a helluva drug.

Sore spot eh? Face the truth kids, it will help you grow up with a healthy mind. And there nothing wrong with liking the cod roulette with swords. Yes people may call you losers, but who cares, your momma will always believe you're beautiful.

holly shit the genuine salt its real.

I'd be fine with that tbh

The majority of DaSII's problems have been fixed, so I'd say it's at least worth a playthrough. DaSIII is closer to a direct sequel to DaSI, but the issue is that it suffers from problems of its own that already had solutions in DaSI (poise, linear level design, worthless upgrade paths, etc).

The issue is that this series has tried too hard to be experimental when it never needed to be. Some of the changes have been good (power stance, weapon arts, gesture cancelling, etc), but a lot of the changes have been absolutely terrible (soul memory, absurd covenants, gimmick bosses, etc)

It depends, are you a no-life autist who just mentally can't handle any changes in your life whatsoever without sperging out like that crazy german minecraft kid? If so, avoid these games. If you have a brain that lets you go through life without drawing on disability payments from the government and/or have ever kissed a girl, you'll find both are far superior to the first.

Dark Souls II was pretty awful, Dark Souls III I really enjoyed.

DaS3 had good pacing for the most part, nice levels and it felt like the actual sequel to DaS what should have been. So if you want to try either out, go with 3. DaS2 suffers from so much bullshit in level design, enemy design, shit design, downgrades, bonfire extravaganza and general aimlessness of "You'll lose your souls, over and over again muhahaha..!"

DaS3 unlike DaS has a decent endgame, I'm once again replaying DaS again and after getting the Lordvessel I don't know why I bother.

Compared to 2? No. A lot of retarded shit like in Bloodborne where you beat a boss and get a bonfire, then move 50 meters to see another, but DaS2 had so many bonfires in any single area, and if I remember correctly you could warp to any straight from the start.

Yes. DS2 with scholar of the first sin is actually good.

I didn't really like 2, though the last time I played it was a number of a years ago and I never tried the DLC, which I've heard is generally better than the base game, so maybe my opinion would change if I went back to it at some point. It was absolutely top tier when it came to armour design and weapon diversity, though, I remember that much.

I started playing 3 for the first time a few days ago and it's fucking painfully bland so far. I'm only 8 hours in, just reached the Cathedral of the Deep and Irithyll a few minutes ago, and most of what's keeping me going is the hope that the game's going to get more interesting soon. It feels like every area so far has just been this big blur of washed out greys and browns filled with Bloodborne rejects and references to the first Dark Souls in place of anything new or interesting. Everything also has weirdly low health, the only thing that's have given me any trouble so far is the Abyss Watchers fight and even that only took me about 20 minutes to get past.

For what it's worth, Demon's Souls is my personal favourite, but I think that it, the first Dark Souls and Bloodborne are all about as good as each other regardless and that they're the only games in the series I would recommend to anyone. Dark Souls 2 is missable from what I remember, I'd probably only recommend it to someone if they absolutely dying to play more Souls. I'm far too early into 3 to judge it properly, but so far I feel the same way about it as I do about 2 (maybe not even that, because DaS3 doesn't seem to have any cool shit like power stancing).

The first DLC for 2 was decent, it had some nice level elements of hitting stones to move towers around the area, but suffered from the same issues as the main game of throwing tons of enemies at you, and the boss is Nashandra 2.0 who summons a Velstadt to boot. The other DLCs are pretty trash, very very short.

I agree, remove boss bonfire and the issue easily goes away

Also, quite a minor complaint, but I find Dark Souls 3's hub level is ugly as fuck, even without comparing it to any of the other games'. Part of the appeal of areas like the Nexus or Dream for me was that they were pretty visually calming, which I think helped you to wind down when you came back after being stuck on an area for a bit. I just can't see 3's Firelink doing that for me down the line, it's just fucking horrendous looking. That's probably the point, granted, but still.

Yeah, I've heard that too. My brother bought the DLCs for 2 a while back and I stopped to watch him play for a bit once, and I remember there being some kind of prison room in one that had two or three archers up high with about four big guys on the ground (plus you couldn't just rush past them to unlock the door on the left since 2 didn't give you i-frames for stuff like that). Looked pretty frustrating. I don't know which one that was though, and people seem to have their own preferences in regards to 2's DLCs.

wew, that sounds awful.

That user seemed to leave out the fact that the final boss of the DLC is a plague dragon

I don't dislike the look 3's firelink, but the way you move around there is tedious. You see nooks and crannies and see "Ah, so when I get some NPC out there they will come here in this spot". It's not too organic, I'd compare it to a Megaman boss select screen, you move in any direction you'll find an NPC/future NPC space.

But once again, I thought DaS3 was fucking great. Too easy, but feels like after playing so many Souls /souls-like games a new mechanic is needed for a challenge and enjoynment fully.

Nioh gave some of that with the Ki pulse and was a great game as well.

Oh come on, the DLC is all but over at that point. Also the three-on-one bullshit fight with havel and the two other faggots should be mentioned. Dragon fights are lazy, I won't even count it.

Dark Souls 3 had the same exact shit, and No, you could not war to "any" straight from the start.

As I said, 12 years old.

Is that Sinh? I heard his fight was okay. Dragon fights in this series have always been kind of tedious I think though I never played Artorias of the Abyss and heard Kalameet was very good, especially that big blue faggot in Demon's Souls (though he was more of a stage hazard than a fight I suppose). I really liked Ebrietas in BB if she counts, she's sort of dragon-like.

I think that might be a part of why DaS3 hasn't grabbed me just yet. I put about 110 or so hours into Nioh about a month ago and it was pretty much the only game I played for a while and I loved it. I think the combat of Souls is hard to go back to when you get the hang of all of Nioh's combat mechanics, to the point where even wearing down an enemy's stamina when they're blocking feels really active and engaging. It's probably just a matter of getting used to it again though.

I put around the same to Nioh and then went back to DaS1 after three years or so and it's fantastic.

I figured it was at least as lazy or a bit less than the Nashandra reskin right before it.
It felt like they were compensating for the poor Phantom AI by putting three of them together.

Yup.

As I said, down syndrome.

judging by the replies you're getting, you know quite a lot about people calling you a loser.

Don't get me wrong, I went back to Demon's not too long ago and I could still play it for hours on end solely because of muh atmosphere, fighting enemies just felt a little limited after having putting so much time into Nioh I'm being kind of hypocritical here though, since I've always felt that Nioh and the Souls series were different to the point where I never liked comparing them to eachother directly. I still think the Souls games have good combat regardless, some of my issues with 3 are probably just because I haven't played any of the series in quite a while.

On the one hand this was kind of disappointing to cheese a boss with but it was also fun to be able to pepper him in the face with arrows

stay mad kiddo

every souls games have cheese strategies but I don't know why you would cheese the Demon King. Its a relatively easy fight.

Its difficulty goes way up when you're trying to keep the swamp cuck alive through it. I had to restart it like 5 times because he insisted on staying in front of those fire attacks.

Who? Is that a summons? Does summoning him help a quest line? Why not summon the Iron Tarkus clone if you are looking for a tank.

2 is pretty weak compared to 1 and 3, but still is pretty alright game. It's more stat based than the other two.
3 is easiest of the bunch but is also the most polished and visually impressive one.
I'd say play them all in the release order.

Video games are art, at least some of them are.

All it takes is for someone to make something and expect it to be appreciated it for its beauty or "emotional power". The bar isn't set very high, you can draw a line and call it "art".
Most videogames are too focused on commercialism to be called art, but some are definitely art.

????

All From Soft did was make it so they'd get more money. Don't make up strawmen.

If this can be art, video games can be art

Don't stop the party now baby.

I prefer 2 over 3 tbh. 3 feels too linear for me and so many of the early bosses are multiple enemy boss fights which I hate with a passion.

Also DS2 DLC has some of the best fights in any souls games imo. Sir Alonne is easily my favorite fight in the entire series.

They're terrible compared to DaS and DeS but still decent games worth a pirate.

Every fucking Souls thread.

Twin Princes and Nameless king were hard, but O&S were a lot harder in the first one.
I actually liked DS3 because it was less frustrating.

Straight
from
the
start.
Fucking reading comprehension.

Both are alright.

DSII
The best pvp out all three. Left handed players not handicapped. Hundreds of great weapon combinations. Power stance. Magic actually useful. Bland environments with npc hordes. Meh bosses and one final retarded boss.

Dark Souls III
Nostalgia. Feels like a mix between Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Fuck Poise. Fuck Magic. Fuck left handed players. Spam/cheese weapons that gives your multiple hits that require no skill whatsoever, and everyone uses them.i.e Ringed Knight Paired Greatswords. Backstep useless with some weapons.

PHANTOM REACH

Seriously my build is an anti cheese build. Every fucking idiot does/uses the same shit. No more variety.

There's a drakeblood knight, lucatiel's gear, faraam set, and like one shield. I guess the poison shrooms too.

lol

holy shit the Dark Souls fanbase has actually gotten so fucking cancerous they're basically claiming Halo invented FPS

Hey look, a sane post. You forgot copy/paste movesets, weapons being super samey, magic being worthless, and almost every weapon class being shit.

Irithyll is where things start getting really stupid and disappointing. You're past the good parts barring two bosses at the end of the game.

Yes. If you keep him alive through the fight a corpse with his armor will appear near where you released Cornyx from his cage.

that isnt art just like some video games are horrid piles of shit

I swear to god the hatred for DaS3 is unwarranted.

Out of the Dark series, it's certainly the best, gameplay-wise.

With the recent patch, both dex and str weapons work now too so there's no fucking weakness.

Not really. People wanted DSIII to be the best parts of all the games, but what we get instead is a very linear Bloodborne 2. Every class/build boils down to fast roll, dodge focus as they removed poise and the viability of anything else. Most bosses and enemies have far too many attacks.

DeS and DS worked well because they went with a deliberately slow and somewhat methodical approach to the combat. In a way it enhances the immersion and atmosphere. BB goes fast but it was built around that concept. DSIII just does away with what made DeS and DS so good.

you mean aside from faith builds
or int builds
or quality builds, those are right out
hexing is impossible since the only things that cast multiple types of spells have shit dark modifiers, so you can at best be a pyromancer that uses the 3 dark pyromancies.
bleed and poison builds don't work either.
hollow builds got ruined

the world design's a hallway and most weapons share the same movesets

strong attacks are basically just worthless

defense-oriented builds are impossible since armor does fuck-all and shields can't block worth a shit

every playstyle is just mash r1 and mash dodge

I just wanted 3 to basically be 2 with non-shit enemy placement and map design and varied weapon movesets.

I'm still fucking pissed that 3 ruined lances. Lances were my favorite thing in 2.

If 3 was just 1 redone with a good endgame (post Lordvessel stuff) and the build variety of 2, we'd be all set.

Include 2's lack of breakpoints (poise causing stun time to scale and also acting to prevent stun, rolls scaling with each point of weight instead of at specific values) and 2 not having a shitload of input bugs like roll storage and yeah I'd agree.

Someday I will figure out how to edit maps and enemy placement in Dark Souls 2, and on that day will begin The Great Work.

They buff hyper armor recently, poise works now.
DaS1 is slow, DeS is not slow. DaS1 and DaS2 remain the only games with stacking poise.

This was true when the game comes out, now no longer true.
Prove that?
But 2 has shit movement and gameplay.

ok done

3 is incredibly linear, but I don't mind that so much.

Hyper armour isn't the same as poise, unless I'm mistaken. Hyper armour is your poise during an attack, poise is a constant value that determines your chance to be staggered, regardless of what you're doing.

Dodge and mash is still true. Enemies flail around and bosses have some ridiculous combos.You have to dodge and embrace the i-frames.

So is Dark Souls 1 a hallway too?

Hyper armor is poise that works during combat, that's the whole point, asking for all-time poise for DaS3 fast gameplay is impossible,
Not really, with well-timing, you can destroy bosses with heavy attacks.

oh you're retarded ok

Nice argument dude.

Funny to see how DaS3 haters always come down to these.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1Xg9pTPZ80

Just shut up.

If you are unable to tell the difference between Dark 3's linear progression and Dark 1's interconnectedness, you are too retarded to be worth arguing with.

Are you so certain it's not "DaS3 haters" that do this, and not that you're too stupid to argue with?

So basically, you cannot argue shit.

Because DaS1 world is a bunch of linear hallways as well, them being connected does not stop them from being hallways.

Jeez, I dunno, maybe provide an argument?

How did you even manage to compare the two?

DS1 gives you several ways right off the bat and areas link back together. DSIII practically gives you one way to go unless you want to be under leveled. Cathedral of the Deep is off the path and a dead end. Consumed King's Garden is a dead end.

Because design-wise, both of these are hallways i.e. a straight lines.

Remember, we merely descended to some holes in it, we don't know what is at bottom of the pit, we can't even see the bottom.

youtube.com/watch?v=3CdCqI9cQaI
Git gud

When you can't argue against someone, do not call that person a retard.

Just admit you are a loser.

No. I'm not calling DSIII a hallway, but to deny its linearity, especially compared to DSI, is ridiculous.

This is what's at the bottom. Does it seem familiar?

So the guy who calls it a hallway is wrong, because if it's a hallway, DaS1 certainly is as well.

I don't give a shit about linearity, it makes no different.

youtube.com/watch?v=X8JJximnfmw

Why don't DaS3 haters admit they just suck at the game?

That's not a flaw.

That's a plus, or you consider slow, limited moveset enemies superior.

oh come on, nobody's interested that the abyss from new londo is in the gutter?

Because both places are dark?

wut?

I don't understand this. It's still usually a healthy mixup of me getting kills or me getting bested by another player. It seems more like retards think that either running or spam dodging away from me in a straight line isn't going to get their ass torn apart. Either way, gank squads will still snub you most of the time unless they can't into videogame

DS3 is more linear when it comes to connecting different areas, but that pic is a gross oversimplification. Each area has a bunch of nooks and crannies and several points of interest.

Sure, but that's not what I'm bitching about. Having secrets floating about is great but every game did that. Dark 1's interconnected areas were metroidvaniaesque and absolutely wonderful and it's a shame no other game bothered doing that.

What's so great about that actually?

It just connects shit together. What matters is how the hallway is designed, not how it is connected.

Dark Souls 2 is utter shit and not worth your time.

not utter shit
soul memory kept shitters from ganking noobs in the starter area

There's no defending that enemy type's hitboxes.