Has vidya ever inspired you to do things in real life? I had always liked fighting games...

Has vidya ever inspired you to do things in real life? I had always liked fighting games, but until last year I had never had the money to join a fighting gym.

Other urls found in this thread:

expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/how-to-box/are-you-ready-for-amateur-boxing
youtube.com/watch?v=R9TFDkN7L-4&list=PL4Mb5fp5ywgK8LHKW7ifP6yrwN884bAO7&index=1&t=10s
tke.org/files/file/The_48_Laws_of_Power.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this thread is the most 4chan thing i've seen in a while

Well, checked. It does reek of halfchan.

You should've just told him it was from vidya. Wouldn't be surprised if a gymbro liked fightan games. I've certainly gained an interest in space exploration and because of games like KSP.

But Abel uses Pankration.

It's funny how cuckchan threads manage to have more interesting subjects or more opportunities for just shooting the shit than superior general threads

Video game music made go into guitar when I was in school, haven't dropped it since

Ratchet & Clank and Jak's bonuses made me want to become a concept artist when I was in highschool, and here I am dedicating my life to drawing

Drift-heavy arcade racers led me to start driving like a maniac IRL.
Looking up different things about drifting eventually led me to discover that you can build RC cars to drift.
Researching RC drift cars led me to discover off-road RC buggies, which reminded me of the game Re-Volt, and I immediately dived into off-road RC buggy racing because of how much I loved Re-Volt.
Also, I make all kinds of impulse purchases based on whatever hot new shit I'm playing.
I got nunchucks after playing Soul Calibur V for example.
I got a Nerf Barrel-Break because it reminds me of Coyote in DMC.
Too many small purchases like that to list.

Totally. I joined up with a local fighting game group and got utterly destroyed.

When I asked how to improve they said to "work on my inputs" for at least an hour a day so I never miss them.

So I said fuck that and joined a boxing gym, because if I'm practicing something for an hour a day, I better actually be able to use it.

Now I can punch with a force of about 678 lbs, and get compliments from black people for being dedicated to the gym.

Not really where I saw my life going, but it's pretty fun.

i envy those anime gook teenagers who all have access to a judo club

Fucking niggers.

My grandpa is 75, has Parkinson's, and he started boxing last week.

i doubt he'd get to compete even at amateur level though

I've really wanted to get into boxing for a while now. There's a gym that's like right next to me that teaches boxing in addition to a bunch of other stuff, but they mostly teach little kids and they're kinda pricey. Maybe I'll check it out one of these days though. It would be good motivation to keep my fat ass in shape.

ya learn something every day

Those two couldn't look any less than Eric and Dylan.

So what is Sambo?

Sambo is actually a pretty effective martial art.

Agreed. I've known that Sambo was a martial art since before the web was commonplace. Anyone with a two digit IQ should be sterilized at the cellular level.

Better start running. Here are your new goals.

expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/how-to-box/are-you-ready-for-amateur-boxing

You wont be fat for long if you start running and fix your diet.

And don't bother with over priced kiddy gyms. You're just going to disappoint yourself to death. Find a "real" gym even if it means you end up in mma or some shit.

You want to be competitive because you are a man. Fulfill your destiny. Join a gym that competes. Even better if they compete and win.

I think he's going to be killed, that is a really bad idea

A good gym spars with you on your level. I'd rather die having a good time with strong friends than bored and alone trapped in my room.

fucking jewgle

Bookmarked. As soon as I fix my sleep schedule I'm going to start running in the mornings. Also gonna go pick up a jump rope.
How do I identify a "real" gym? What would an appropriate non-jewish subscription fee cost?

Start slow with the running, it's real easy to fuck your knee up with bad form ("runner's knee"). But definitely run.

The first problem you need to solve is your "waiting for advice from user my surrogate father figure" problem.

Many before you have asked that question online and it has been answered by many. Try googling anything instead of remaining inert. When this thread dies, no one will guide you but your will.

I already identified that for you actually. Absence of children, and geared toward competition is your starting point.

The gym doesn't matter, the coach is what matters. You want someone who is going to push you, but also wants to put in the effort themselves. A coach who does mittwork and is attentive to your faults and helps your correct them is what you want.

That's the short version, you can find more looking online.

youtube.com/watch?v=R9TFDkN7L-4&list=PL4Mb5fp5ywgK8LHKW7ifP6yrwN884bAO7&index=1&t=10s

This guy is a good starting point.

This is true, especially if you aren't wearing running shoes. No basketball shoes are not running shoes.

Try googling "best running shoes current year"

The googling thing is really important. You need to learn to search on your own without being prompted. Stop letting life happen to you.

christ last year i started running (usually just lifted weights and hit a bag i used to have) and i was getting too into it and totally tweaked or twisted or did something to my fucking knee and i was limping for weeks and haven't really jogged since, been meaning to start again

i'm shit at working out, i either go at 200% and hurt myself or i'm too lethargic to do it at all, but i'm working on it

Doing that kills your hunger for it as you already know. Working out is like edging. You gotta go hard, but if you go too hard you'll jizz and wont be able to lift for a week.

But if you don't go too hard you can keep beating your personal records every couple of days.

It's a shame because it really feels good to put in that 200%. I think I get why people roid now.

if only i could keep my motivation to even give 100%, 100% of the time

watching shonen anime tends to get me pumped up though, i started watching hero academia and i'm on a good streak right now

You should've told him you learned of it from Tekken.

Thank you for the advice Anons.

You're too slow, user.

Oh you actually have to stop masturbating.

Turns out all that yelling and shit in DBZ was for a reason. If you deplete your test reserves you wont have that extra push to move mountains.

You can still fap. You just have to ignore that morning erection Don't even fucking touch it, and save fapping for after you've finished your sets or whatever.

People will lie and say that no fap is a myth. They are addicted to ejaculating, and are probably pleasuring themselves uncontrollably as they type. Never trust a masturbator.

that's easy considering i'm one of those wageslaves who wakes up and goes straight to work

Video games have inspired me to get better at drawing.
They are an endless source of ideas for things to draw.
Video game music is also a great source of inspiration for composition.

Vidya has also, along with sci-fi movies and books, inspired me to study and later work in STEM.

Damn flag

I've wanted to write more after enjoying vidya stories. But reading up on publishing a book makes it sound as bad as making vidya.
> Several years to write one book.

Did some dialogue & story stuff for anons on various projects, and they liked my work. Those projects usually fell apart fast though.

Making money off of creative things has always been a shitshow, user.

If you want to make something that satisfies you prepare for a life of poverty. The greatest painters and scientists the world has known all had patrons who's dick they had to suck.

I recommend reading

tke.org/files/file/The_48_Laws_of_Power.pdf

You can have whatever you want. You just gotta suck a lot of dick first.

So this is like "The Goy's Guide to Being an Honorary Jew"?

Tempting, but expanding my social-circle is tricky.
That and I'm not sure how I could stomach it if I became a real bastard (though it's easy to legitimize if you act like it to people who deserve it).

I got into some literature due to vidya.
Read Dracula because of Castlevania.
Started reading The Bible partially because of religion and partially because of Persona.
Also, started reading Poe but I cannot remember what made me.

Video games and animu are an inspiration for my stories more often than not.

Jesus.. Looking at that page makes me realise just how shit our gym was. At most we all did 2/5 minutes of skipping (maybe 10 at the most) before we began. Then again, it was strictly run as a sideline type thing, people of all ages/dedication ranges went, more than half the people there took it seriously though but most of the time there were people coming and going a lot. Although the guy who ran it did make money at the end of it.

The running I would expect, and in fact I think that is definitely mandatory, and something I was never particularly perfect on although I do remember the circuit training eventually began to grow on me a little more.

This is so loosely defined.. Hit the heavy bag whilst what? Using footwork? Simulating fighting an actual opponent? Hitting as hard as you can/throwing jabs? Props to the author for making this as vague as fucking possible.

Technically anyone can do this, whether you win or even manage to not get injured is yet another matter, and whether you want to be fighting one of those guys who tries to kill you in sparring is another matter entirely. There are weight divisions for a reason, our gym sure as shit didn't follow em, but our gym didn't even use the fucking safety equipment you wear in the actual bout

Seems reasonable, but it would take some dedication to get this far.. I would also note that amateur boxing is not often paid work so you'd probably be wanting to pursue a career whilst this is going on, and if it's not in boxing things could get awkward financially. But I would have probably said that you'd be okay with 6 3 minute rounds, if anything that's almost over preparedness.

Starting to think that this page is shit and not our gym after all lol.. The more likely answer is that it's probably both.
Okay, anyway here's some extra advice.

I think that just about covers it.. It's been some years since and I wasn't there for longer than a year, but still, that's what I remember. Hope that helps anyone interested. Personally I remember that when I was actually doing boxing I wanted to go into MMA because if you get into a streetfight, your fighting technique/training only benefits you if you're standing, so if someone tries to take you down, then boxing won't prepare you for it (wrestling/grappling/ground game/etc)

Where do you share your stories?

That guide is for people wanting to go to actual amateur fights, not your average "I want to learn boxing" guys.

No, it's more like "how to be the jew and not get jewed: find your own moral justification edition"

Maybe you should start with this video before you delve into Machiavellian bullshit.

It's not about being a good or bad person, it's about growing your sphere of influence so you can do whatever you want to do.

I did on a personal blog when I was younger and Deviantart because I didn't know where else, but they were mostly in Polish. Right now I still write but I don't share my stories, I want to write a larger chunk of it first before publishing it.

Swimming>Biking > Running

I can tell you now a lot of people from our gym went into the amateur fight without any of that. I couldn't because I knew I couldn't dedicate the time thanks to studying/exams and the coach told me that that was fair enough.. Later he forgot this conversation because he was drunk yet again, but that's a different story too.

I do remember him getting a lot of shtick from people who said he was only in it for the money and didn't really care about training.. There was one guy I remember that was really into it, coach putting in loads of extra time for him and shit, the guy boxing wearing bin bags and shit.. I feel sorry for him that he had that much faith in the gym in hindsight tbh, the coach was a fucking terrible drunk.. Coming into the gym drunk and shit.. Had no other local option from what I knew unfortunately. But yea, pretty sure not every coach will tell you that shit on that page, ideologically perhaps, but not all of them gonna be on the same level.

ayyy
i'm a chubby little manlet.
got a beer gut and some neckfat, started biking 11 miles every other day and it's helping. However I have a fucking appetite that is crippling

Fair point. Also, it goes without saying you should get /fit/ as well as mentally-fit.
A neckbeard that's overweight doing any of this shit will get caught out ASAP because it's expected of him to be sneaky & play mind games to get ahead, since he lacks the usual social skills & physical ability to do so.
A "normal" person (i.e. fit) isn't expected to do anything abnormal.

Best of luck man.

Take it as is. My coach always ends the sessions with standing squared to the bag and just hitting as fast as possible for 3 rounds. It builds cardio, tricep, and shoulder endurance

The key word is "Be able." Able doesn't mean willing. Able means having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified.

If you're doing it for fitness you're wasting your time. An untested man is a waste of potential.

That's how you win. Being more prepared than your opponent. Go watch some Mike Tyson amateur fights and look how sad and confused his opponents look. It is the look of a man who can do nothing, but must continue.

You don't want to look like those men.

Good luck fighting Neptune, Aquaman.

Fiber. I've heard fiber works great (slow burning so you're not as hungry). The downside is, instead of eating like a horse, you'll shit like one once a week and it'll reek.

I feel ya, I'm not even very fat but a little chubby. I can excercise just fine, but the appetite is killing me.

Thanks, I will need it.

It's counter productive too, like 6 days ago I rode 16 miles just to get a delicious burger and a soda.
I ate it and was like "OH GREAT, WAY TO UNDO THE ENTIRE WORKOUT"

Since this became the designated /fit/ thread: I don't feel very happy with my current stature so is there any way I can get taller? I know that doing normal exercise will kind of do the job but I want to know if there also some kind of diet that will help with that.

Because you ate too much? Just don't eat anything after dude.

Say you need 2000kcal, and your burger is 1000kcal, that's a lot, but then even if that was too much, you'll need that 1000kcal eventually so just don't eat afterwards. Calculate how much calories you need in 3 days then just eat that, doesn't matter much when, it's much easier to not eat when your full than lose fat.

Are you 16? Then first get banned from this board because it's 18 and up. Second, eat clean with enough proteins and other nutrients, do exercises and most importantly sleep the same amount every single night, the worst you can do is sleep little during the week then sleep 12 hours during the weekend nights because getting taller has to do with growth hormones and hormones are produced during sleep and too much sleep fucks it up.

I personally find the sleeping the hardest to keep up on. I have a shit ton of issues with my legs, but I've managed to keep up on cardio. Any tips for sleep? As far as on topic, fighting games inspired me to work out as well.

Seems like you have the benefit of having a decent coach then. Seems like you know you shouldn't take that for granted either..

True. But there are other ways to test your potential. I will admit, fighting is an innate mutual expression of all life, regardless of intent, and it should be respected and practiced by the curious, but if everyone excelled only at fighting I doubt half of us would even be alive.. Heh. I take it to mean that when you say 'untested' you mean physically anyway? Weights, swimming, running.. There are other ways sure, and even boxing is just one type of martial art.. Well, see how far you take it I suppose, just so long as you know the risks of course – It's not easy to dedicate that much time to a martial art when you're dreams lie elsewhere. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wanted to learn a martial art as a self defence anyway, not just a means of fitness/training or even fighting.

Mike Tyson/Muhammad Ali were almost in another league altogether.. I think genetics/mental acuity/proper training plays into it more than just simply being prepared. E.g some people can pick up certain things faster than others, and are more adept at certain things than others. Upbringing also does tend to have something to do with it, a lot of professional fighters have backgrounds in fighting even at younger ages

I take it that you have fought yet by the way? I take it from what you're saying that you've done some sparring at the least.

Sleep always at the same time, wake up always at the same time. 3 weeks in system will follow automatically and you won't have to think about it anymore.

it inspired me to be a massive failure in life

Running is most practical, but yeah the others are better general exercise.

Only partially. My coach doesn't really give a shit about me, cant remember my name, almost never does mitt work, and has too many students. Also is a woman. Her only good point is that she has technique on lock down, but it's literally the only thing she emphasizes, and she doesn't really seem to care.

My other coach is a guy who got second in a golden gloves, does mitt work, focuses heavy on cardio, doesn't really give you breaks, and will personally spar with you. But I think his technique is shit, and his punches are all lightweight fast punches which wont drop a guy.

The other other coach I go to is a kick boxing guy, so he wants me to fuck up my boxing stance to adjust for defending leg kicks. He's the best out of all of them but I don't want to do mma.

Boxing is for self defense the same way a gun is for self defense. You could really kill a guy with those punches if you get good enough. You're actually not supposed to get into fights if you start boxing and could be stripped of your ability to compete if you get caught.

Listen, talent is a lie people tell themselves so they don't have to live with the pain of knowing they could have been one of the next greats but their choices prevented that. Everything is hard work. If you look into how much those men trained, you'd know real suffering.

In fact it's deeper than that. If you read the 48 laws of power, you'll understand that great men also rely on the "talent" meme to increase people's perception of them. Great men HIDE how hard they work so it appears natural. Talent is a bold faced fucking lie and a horrible meme that wasted my teenage years wondering if I should even bother with anything. I HATE the word talent. More than anything.

I've sparred a few times so far. First time was the best time.

I have other stories.

I think the hardest time I ever got hit was a left hook behind my ear. I didn't get knocked down but my whole upper body was contorted to the left when my vision was no longer black and for a moment there was a loud vibrating "BBBBBVVVVVVVVVVVVV" sound in my ear. I think it was from that bobber thing that controls your balance babbling back and forth.

I didn't know you could feel that.

Made me try my hand at a STEM major. Then I realized I'm too much of a lazy dumbass for anything related to academia 3 years in.

Talent is sadly a real thing, even though some people do use it as a excuse to not even try.
Not every person has the same potential nor aptitudes and therefore we reach different plateaus at different levels of effort.
You should still do your best to improve yourself, not gauge yourself against others.

I'm not saying genetics aren't a factor. I'm saying they're a factor you cant measure, so it's not even worth thinking about.

Don't lay around waiting for what the world has planned for you. Decide.

Yeah I was just kidding about that aquaman shit. Water is good natural resistance. Do jump squats and shadowboxing underwater, it's pretty taxing/fun.

I take this secondary thread any day over a general.

not the same guy but jesus i can't even imagine doing this, sometimes i want to stay up late and enjoy my games or sometimes i want to sleep all day i have no damn schedule so long as i'm awake at work

Once you do it for 3 weeks you don't imagine it, you just do it, your body shuts down at a certain hour and wakes up at another, give or take 30 minutes.

sounds terrible on paper even though i understand the benefits

It's called a circadian rhythm, and you're fucking with yours by sleeping at weird times all over the place.

Just go fight the children at your local gradeschool and skip training altogether if you're that pathetic.

Trained fighters are on another level. Boss battles every time. Nothing feels better than even simply landing a single hit on a good fighter.

It's story time again.

It was probably the worst I've ever felt. But nothing felt better than finally landing several good shots on him the next month after training my ass off. Seeing the results of hard work is rewarding as fuck.

then what are you doing here? There's an entire place where these threads go on non stop 24/7 >>>/4chan/