Can we talk about one of the greates jrpg serie ever made?

Can we talk about one of the greates jrpg serie ever made?

still garbage

Sure, we don't talk about Wild ARMs 2/3 enough.

Grandia 1 - Fantastic Game, amazing battle system, amazing skill system, a little too linear

Grandia 2 - Not as great as G1, just as linear, but still a pretty good game. Skill System is decent. Equipping Passive Abilities is fun.

Grandia 3 - Overall terrible. Linear, but it tries to make you think it's not with a shitty gimmick world map. Only two good characters and they leave in the first seven hours. The skill system is fucking fantastic, though.

welp, at least the first post isn't about ff13.

This.

No, we can't. Grandia 1 was good, Grandia 2 was fantastic, Grandia 3 was decent, and Grandia Xtreme never fucking went anywhere. 'Greatest JRPG series' would suggest more than one excellent game. So, really, it'd just be Final Fantasy and maybe Tales since i've only played three of those and couldn't say.

grandiaXtreme was way worst.

I liked 3, so for me it is actually a serie.

Get the fuck outta here.

Reddit is not welcome here.

quit it

Just because JRPGs don't have as many trannies as WRPGs doesn't mean they're bad, user.

Grandia 1 and 2 were both top tier games, just like with the first two Lunar games. Apparently Game Arts can only make two good games per series, but those two games are really, really good.

granpa is not a game what the fuck how did i get ehre?

It was rubbish compared to the first one mate.

Still waiting for a PC port of Grandia 1. There's a chance they add the Museum spin-off content.

How hard is to emulate all the grandia games?

If only grandia 1 was a bit harder it would be perfect

Only played Grandia 2 and YES it was good.

The chemistry between the characters is great. Grandia 2 is a game I can recommend for any old school JRPG fan.

Hell I even recommend the English dub! Heresy I know but whatever.

i liked xtreme, sue me faggot.

Top Tier:
Lunar - Eternal Blue

High Tier:
Grandia
Lunar - Silver Star

Mid Tier:
Lunar - Magic School
Grandia II

Low Tier:
Grandia - Parallel Trippers
Grandia III
Grandia Xtreme

Shit Tier:
Lunar - Dragon Song

I could be wrong, but I think I've heard about a hardmode fan hack.

Maybe someday I'll get around to playing it, but that's not likely to be any time soon.

So who is lying?

both are lying because 2 is shit

1 and Xtreme a best.

The PS2 version has some framerate issues and worse load times.

Either play the original in Demul or the PC port.

You're right, there's the Grandia Redux hack I guess. But playing english dub after playing the japanese one…I don't know.

Yes it was.

Kill yourselves you fucking nigger lovers.

Ryudo sounds like a whiny Naruto in Japanese.

Xtreme and 3 flop hard on the story/character/sense of adventure element, but the battle systems are the finest of the franchise.

G1's dub was hilariously 'so bad it's good' and it added to the charm, but Ubi went big for G2 and brought some of the MGS cast - Ryudo being Liquid (Clarke) and Skye being the Colonel (Eiding).
It's one of the best EN dubs around, alongside others such as Nier 1.

Maybe look into whether it works with the undub patch? Strikes me that some patches would be touching elements that others wouldn't, and thus might work in conjunction. I mean, I'm not sure how a difficulty increasing patch would be affecting the voice files, and vice versa.

Might be worth a look, but I'll do it later™

GRAND DAD!?

I thought I was the only person with good taste.

Grandia 1 is the only one worth playing but it's pretty great. A little lacking in setpieces though.

First one was top-tier adventuring, second one was decent and had a PC port. Wouldn't call it a great series though.

The first was a complete package that could probably do with a faithful HD remaster.

Early Tales was actually pretty good. Phantasia on the SNES/PSX was great, in particular. It's just all the later titles who decided to dump the whole bag of anime into it, which is a shame - like Eternal Sonata, the battle system was fantastic and just ruined entirely by the story and writing.

The only thing I remember about Lunar was grinding up like 5000 currency to buy some boots that let my characters attack twice per turn and then wrecking the rest of the game with that strategy.

I bought the GOG version when it launched and installed it but never got around to playing it. Maybe I should start that tonight.

Welp, so much for that. Not going through that horrible dub

There was something excessively off with the plot development. Quite frankly, the whole "church is insanely evil and spreading wholesale death, misery, & discord" was actually done far better through Breath of Fire II. The exception there is that BoF II, much as it's beloved, doesn't even hold a candle to the polished battle system in Grandia II.

Also Cam Clarke absolutely sucks when he has to emulate an apathetic hero.

I WANT TO FUCK SUE

I gave up on that game when she left the party for good

But user Feena is right here for you, always.

I remember not hating it as much as other jrpgs, thank god this genre is dead

Thank God you are retarded and wrong

I always really liked the spell effects. They were way more interesting than other JRPGs at the time.

God tier
Grandia 1

Good tier
Grandia 2

Ok tier
Grandia 3

Meh tier
Grandia xtreme

Shit tier
Grandia prralel worlds

Wtf tier
Grandia museum

The first two Lunar games were great despite their simplicity.

Maybe if you like old hags.

You are the cancer.

Which I'm sure was excellently well written and nuanced when Capcom butchered the game's translation in English.

Feena doesn't wear those kinds of panties. She wears big pink bloomers.

To be fair, I would hope that these days anyone that wants to give Breath of Fire II a go does so with the fan retranslation patch, though I'd assume there's still a lot of a people (outside of imageboards, I mean) that refuse to emulate or play non-unofficial releases.

Seriously, it's fucking lazy and disgusting that Capcom, who had to have have known about the reputation BoFII's english script had already had with the SNES original, still didn't see fit to revise it for the GBA port. Hell, that could have even ben a selling point, but no.

Bump

You want to know a secret? Actually not really a secret. Look up who translated ff7 than look who is in the LOC team of treehouse.