NIOH

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HAPPENING EDITION
Update comes in less than a week. Catbro and waifus incoming.

Other urls found in this thread:

oneangrygamer.net/2017/05/nioh-gets-free-female-skins-on-may-2nd/29847/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Anna_of_Spain
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You made a duplicate thread, I got your back and deleted the other one.

Also bumping out of interest.

Sorry about that. Thread creation glitched out on me and I didn't seem like it went through the first time. That's been happening a lot since the hack.

I started this yesterday and am only at the village. Does it get more interesting?

Perfect waifu already exists though.

So you haven't fought the first boss yet?

Ooh, are we getting Nodachi in the new DLC?

I fought the executionor but I doubt he really counts.

Yeah, you'll face another boss at the end of the village.

Yeah the tutorial level, the village and the first half of the next area is mostly fighting humans. It gets more diverse after that.

Yes. As an entire new weapon type apparently.

Speaking of which it looks like the new region is going to be chilly.

Oh fuck yes, love me some greatswords.

Cool, that's mainly what I meant by interesting. I'm pretty bored already of fighting humans, those infecting things and a couple of Oni so far.

it's all cool m8

Just wait until you fight Muneshige.

Stop being cucks and pirate full games

That third pic is a pretty inderdasting enemy design.

Update ? As in I would need to connect and update the bloodborne machine ?
I was already unsure of shelling 60€ for this, but I can't say I like the prospect of it ruining any chance of jailbreaking the console in the future.

An update of the game, but Sony would probably force a system update as well. If you don't want to do that then don't get the game right now. Just wait to play the game until the PS4 is able to play pirated games.

And you will fight dozens more.

That's what I was counting on, so wait I will.

I've finished all the Dark souls games, demon's souls and bloodborne, but this mission structure system is a bit weird to me.

I have to wonder how Nekomata will function. What will his element be? It's not obvious from his aura.

Is it a free content update or paid DLC?

Both.

To clarify, PvP and female transformations are free, the new region, weapons, and spirits are paid.

That's a shame, although I guess I did enjoy the base game enough to get an expansion, depending on how cool the new weapons are

I have not played this in a while after those power pill/carnage nerfs. Is foregoing magic for full ninja viable now? Did they add a heal for ninja shit? How good is the full iga ninja damage bonus for ninutsu? I heard they nerfed the kingo set as well.

Absolutely. I've been clearing the new gauntlet missions in NG+ with pure ninjutsu. Supplementing it with a little bit of onmyo does make it safer and more powerful at earlier. Specifically shadowround, weakness, and carnage. Extraction and Pleiades can also help to get quick LW in order to renew your ninjutsu. I find Bat superior to Bunny for a ninja build because of the unlimited ninjutsu. Make
sure to inherit unlimited on all pieces of armor.
Nope.
It's worth it but not strictly necessary. The lower level you are the more necessary it is.
A little bit but not horribly.

Speaking of magic, they buffed offensive onmyo at the same time they buffed offensive ninja. So now a pure magic build is viable as well. It's still slightly inferior to ninja because there is no onmyo renewal set bonus like there is for ninja and also no class of weapon that natively magic scales. It's still possible to clear missions like Mariboshi with only elemental shots though.

I heard there was an update to allow you to pause. Is that true? No pause was a dealbreaker for me before, since I don't usually keep my PS4 connected to the Internet.

Why aren't those faggots putting this game on PC but instead they put out that shitty monster hunter clone ?

When did they update the game and when does this DLC hit?
Been saving the final boss for DLC same with N:Automata.

How much more DLC is planned? I prefer to buy definitive editions of games rather than having to fuck around with DLC. Really wanting to play this but my resolution still stands.

If there's any more Nioh art from this artist please upload it as I this is mint.

The 1.06 update came around March 23rd-24th. Dragon of the North comes out May 2.
All of the DLC seems to take place after the final boss plotwise from what I can tell.

At least two others beyond the upcoming update.

Yeah you can pause now.
I don't understand. What does pausing have to do with connecting with the internet?

Right, I realized after typing it that I wasn't making myself clear. Games like Dark Souls and Nioh generally lack a pause function because they expect you to be playing with other people online. Since I'm not doing that, the lack of a pause function is annoying to me and serves no purpose. That's what I meant.

It's been a while since I played Nioh but I'm sure you can pause the game by simply quitting it. This is how you pause in the Souls games. You can continue on where you left off when you load the game, no resetting of enemies.

Also I actually like being under pressure from the world with item management so if your complaint is about not being able to pause the world to save your ass then no, I disagree and do not want that in this type of game.

That's not really any better. That just means they know that a pause function makes sense, but won't implement it in a reasonable way.
Fine, but that's an inconvenient, meme-tier way to do it. I understand the logic, but only if you're playing online–which, as I said, I don't do.
???
I don't want to be able to drink potions from the pause menu or anything. I just have real life shit going on a lot, so an inability to stop the game is a deal-breaker for me.

So the waifus skins are usable now? I guess that means that William decided to cheat on his waifu.

It puts you back at the last time you used a shrine I'm pretty sure.

(Checked)
It's a Rokurokubi.

All in Tohoku it seems

Hopefully they add more music. I'm getting real sick of hearing the same songs over and over

I have to say that grindan for fancy hats may in fact be worse than grindan for smithing texts.

I remember this thread having more posts.

the hype and "first impression" boost already died out. its just another good game on the PS4 now.

Took just under 50 tries, that bitch hung me out to dry plenty of times but goddamn did me and Danger Mouse pull it through.
Compared to her White Tiger was a fucking pushover
But that sidequest Onryoki was fucking hell tho

No I meant this specific thread. When I first opened it today it was missing about 10 post for me. They reappeared when I made that post. It must have had something to do with the site instability today.

Yuki-Onna is easily one of the toughest bosses in the game. If you slip up when fighting her she'll just destroy you. And to top it she has a good selection of skills to use against you.

Which one?

Just platinumed this game the other day. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get the season pass or simply wait for all the dlc to come out to see if it's worth getting.

I got her on my 3rd or 4th try.

After having lurked many threads I get the feeling that this game is worth playing. However, is it worth buying a ps4 slim for?

depends on you, honestly the 6 game rule still holds true for any console. And while personally I got probably around 150 hours of fun from nioh I wouldn't say it's a system seller.
More fun than I had with the other PS4 "system sellers" like bloodborn

Buying a console for 1-2 games is never worth it. Maybe 5-6 like mentions, but I would suggest looking at the games that are on/ coming out for the PS4 before sinking $300-400 on the thing.

So I actually have a small list:
Nioh
Gravity Rush 2
Wipeout Omega Collection
Death Stranding
Bloodborne 2 and maybe pick up the old one cheap at some point.
thats 5 games (6 if i get bloodborne 1) so looks like its worth it, however I am also getting a mid-high end PC to play literally everything else as well and seems like a waste to get both at the same time?

Is there any reason to think that's going to happen?

Since when?

It's just a rumor a lot of outlets are taking as confirmed. Did you hear Half-Life 3 is going to be at E3 too?

From is confirmed to be working on three games right now: A new fantasy IP, a reboot of an older series (most people think it is AC), and another new IP. I'm sure they would make a sequel if Sony paid well like they did for BB.

fuck yourself, trash

DLC Stream is going to be live in about 6 hours

oneangrygamer.net/2017/05/nioh-gets-free-female-skins-on-may-2nd/29847/

YES

Same here. All these fucking casuals. It's not that hard. Now the duo battles are another story.

I'm disappointed that cute mango got cut short.

What movie is that gif from?

(checked)
Seven Samurai

Finally, after 300 hours, I got all the rare helmets.

What is even the point in getting those? I've seen people discuss this a bunch and I don't get it.

They're fancy for one thing.
Additionally a few of them have special bonus stats. Tengu mask for example boosts wind damage, Coiled Snake boosts damage against poisoned enemies and so on.

Well fuck, now I want that. Where do I get that (Divine), and can I refashion it?

The stream is about to start, by the way.

It drops from a dev revanant in the little graveyard to the left of the stairs right before you fight White Tiger. As for divine, you'll just have to grind for it or get lucky. Save scumming helps too.
If you don't want to do that I could drop a revanant for you.

and can I refashion it?
You can refashion it but you can't refashion other helmets to look like it.

Oh yesssss, can't wait for the one eyes waifu to leave the smithy to kick some ass.

Oh god its all I wanted, I actually cried when that bastard died.

WHAAAAT?

How does that work? I missed the stream.

wait until you have to fight her and nobunaga together…

FUCK
It looks like the helmet hunt will begin again.

They updated it so you can actually pause the game instead of that nonsense you think is pausing, ya doofus. Hit the options button while in the touchpad menu.

The free patch is up by the way.

And so is the DLC. I can already access the new region, but I'm going to continue trying out PvP. I've played one match, so far.

Oh snap PVP is out? Do I have to pay for it?

Also how badly did they nerf shit to make PVP viable?

PvP is part of the free update, I think. If they nerfed anything it was probably magic and debuffs, which is something I don't use so I don't know much about it.

I just had the laggiest fucking match. The first one was actually pretty good, and parries were viable.

you know what's even more viable? Dealing 4k in a single cannon shot and one shotting everyone.

kek

But wouldn't the cannon be easily avoidable though, if that were to become the meta? Just the time it takes to aim the shot should leave you vulnerable. Plus, someone spamming dodge in low stance might make them nearly impossible to hit.

I'm at 10 wins in a row now, you can't do anything
who cares if you dodge 20 times in a row, the second you stop to do anything I one shot you. You can't block, you can't attack, you can't do anything, you just die. I may trade if you throw a kunai or something, but you do 800 when I do 3200+

yeah this is pathetic, I fully expect cannons to be shitfucked into the ground. Oh I did finally lose though, to another cannon

Aw man this shit looks hype, should I just grab the DLC or risk with purchasing the season pass?

Aren't people kusarigamaing you to death as soon as you kneel?
Why not? You can block a enemy fired cannon round with no damage, though it does completely exhaust your ki. Do canons work differently in PvP?

Nope, kneeling+firing takes short enough time that if they're not expecting it I can get the shot off, and unless they dodge and give up the chance to attack, they die.

Has no one hit you with status effects, blinding shell or medusa powder, or a onmyo shot storm?

they can't stop for long enough. as I said, I only need 1 shot, they need multiple

Why aren't they blocking or quick dodging?

blocking doesn't work, and quickdodging doesn't matter when they're far away, and if they aren't far away then dodging leaves them open. as even chained quickdodges you can predict where the dodge ends and hit them

I mean yeah it takes a bit of skill to hit them inbetween dodges, but it's not difficult once you get the hang of it, the important thing is you're not (as some people like to think) full invincible on a lowstance quickdodge.

What kind of armor are people wearing?

Just a short rant about leveling in this game, I thought it would be a good idea to stop at 100, to keep the game an interesting challenge and to have every build balanced in its own unique way, but it's been obvious ever since the last free missions update, and especially now (there's a new difficulty), that the devs really intended for people to keep leveling up way beyond that point.
I'm noticing that I die way too quickly and don't do enough damage, in that sub-mission where you fight both Nobunaga and we wuz samurai (can't remember his name) is way too frustrating and sometimes couldn't even reach the boss, let alone complete it. I'm aiming for the 150-200 level range now, easily, especially since the stat scaling never caps.

In short, this isn't Dark Souls. At all.

I've seen anywhere from the full iga set to the full obsidian samurai set. I still do enough to one shot them, and that's only using normal rounds.
Full cannon build is just really good, oh I forgot the best part, if they try to back out of range, I actually do more damage because of all my bonuses

Anyone know if Equipment damage bonus on weapons is a global stat like agility is?

How in the fuck am I being a doofus when I've been clear that I doubt my memory on the matter because it's been a while since I've played it. Not only that but you replied to me pointing out that the system has changed with this probably happening after I finished playing the game so I wouldn't have known about the change.

Are you even paying attention to what you're writing?

Maria can kiss my ass.

Is Dragon of the North not out in North America yet?

Is the damage bonus on the iga set even good? I heard it was shit.

I realize my build is about 40 times more unfair than windstorm spam, but shouldn't someone in AA tier at least be able to dodge elemental shots and manage their ki half decently? I wasn't even bringing my A game by the end of the second round.

May have run into some kind of glitch at the end of the first mission and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've gotten up to the boss, died a few times and ended up having a couple hours break from the game. Came back to it and now there's no prompt to open up the doors leading to the boss fight so I can't access it. Am I just going to have quit the mission and play through it again?

First DLC mission, I mean

How the fuck are you getting back into LW so fast? What level do you have Saoirse at?

I'm curious what, if anything, they do to balance shit between different leveled players. Would a level 100 be able to hold their own against a level 200 in PvP, if they were to be matched up randomly or by password?

I sure as hell had a big shit eating grin after doing that.

Don't be a little bitch about it, ya doofus.

I think everyone is rectified to the same level in PvP.

Anyone know what the best Onmyo magic skills are?

Any of the shots hands down.
Sloth got nerfed super hard, and while the debuff talismans are still strong they take awhile to cast so outside of boss fights you're not going to be using them

Is she an actual historical figure or a donut steel?

Yeah you're better off applying sloth via makibishi now.

I'm going to guess OC

Is it possible to join 2v2 matches with a buddy, or is it always random?

Why no PC version? C'MON NIPS!

I think that's supposed to be Kyougoku Maria.

How is amrita gains on WotD? The level reset hit me a little hard.

It's a few million per boss in the first few areas. Even just going for completion I had 230million+ before I really knew it.

I'm going to have to try that. I only need to go up a few levels to reactivate my armor bonuses. I'm a little burnt out from doing so much grinding recently and I didn't want to go through the entire game a third time before I got to the new content.

You know, I never particularly cared for the Nekomata, it's cool and all that we get him, but the real question is WHEN DO WE GET THE MOTHGIRL?

Not soon enough, my fellow man of culture.

We'll probably get her next DLC. Saoirse will be jealous.
I wonder if Ouroboros will ever be usable?

So are they planning on the next expansion pack or we'll be getting a sequel? not gonna lie, I want fucking more as long as they don't jew us too much.

2 more DLCs that are like this one

Two more expansions and last I heard they are considering a sequel of some sort.
I really hope they stop "rebalancing" things, progression is grindy enough as it is.

Fuck, hope a complete edition is gonna be released by then, and fix the goddamn cheese builds.

Not really, the issue is that the cheese builds are really the only way to progress with anything resembling speed. Because they keep fucking nerfing all melee

I'd like a sequel in another time period, maybe not even in Japan, I like the whole historical fantasy thing.

Call me when this in on a real system (like PC)

A real system (like Wii U)

Ourobouros would be cool yeah, but considering that we would have to get it from an England affiliate I find it unlikely in the future packs.

They should have redistributed the amrita above level 330 since that was the highest "recommended level" for a mission prior to Dragon of the North. Instead they rebalanced at 233 or something so even some one like me that was at level 325, not over leveled at all, got their shit pushed in by about 30 levels. It's not a lot but it was enough to break my build diversity. Now I'm a little gun shy about progressing to much for fear of another "rebalance" down the road.
On the plus side storm kunai are amazing and they gave more onmyo and ninja skill points per level.

How good is the nodachi? What is its specialty? Any phantoms dropping ones with good scaling? I am trying to figure out to go full ninja or nodachi and magic. I can't dip into both as much as I want with the re balance shit.

If you notice in the opening cutscene to Queens Eyes, William already uses Ourobouros to disguise himself. Look at the animation. He just doesn't have access to him like a regular spirit sort of how Nekomata was in the base game.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised to have to deal with Kelley again. There were an awful lot of empty tanks in that room where you fought the three clones.

Real issues right here.
No matter what you do, Kunai/shot spam is the highest damage in the game by a massive factor, and bosses have so much HP that it feels like you're plinking away at them no matter your weapon. This is mainly because they nerfed the fuck out of self buffs and GS which were the only way melee could keep up with the damage output of guns, and then they buffed the loving fuck and back out of shots/thrown, which leaves melee just flat out a worse option provided you have enough unlimited X

Originally ninjutsu and onmyo were so weak as to be useless so they fixed it to make useful which ended up making it better than everything else. Just tweaking damage will never be able to balance it. Locking ninja and magic to only specific armor (non inheritable) might help. Alternately they could base use time on agility forcing people to use light armor.

I am starting to see a shit ton of people using that IGA jonin set just for the unlimited ninjitsu bonus. The new meta is just ninja or magic spam.

Omyo was good for carnage and the elementals.

Really just buff carnage to where it was before the horrendous nerf and it balances out pretty well actually.

Another way they could have buffed both is make some of those utility skills like yokai realm resistance and run speed cost samurai point so more focus could be placed on the skills themselves. There are a lot of issues early on about even really using magic due to that and some build can't fit it in anymore due to the scale back.

I was talking about lategame mainly. Like a storm to the back does 16k (when they're debuffed) and you fire them off about as fast as a normal person can attack. The damage difference is so outrageous right now.

Yeah but wouldn't finding Kelley again be sort of lame? I mean it's one thing to find Homunculi clones of him in the castle, but all of a sudden finding him AGAIN int he DLC? Just let the fucker die, it was cool but I don't really want him to become an iconic recurring dude, he didn't have much staying power in my opinion

Is it really that strong now? I have not had a chance to play. I want to try nodachi's now, but if it is that bad I might have to drop my plus 8 weapon just to go full ninja/sickle or magic now. That pisses me off. I heard kingo got a nerf, but how bad was it? I used it mainly to get high melee damage.

Melee is useless in comparison to shot/ninja spam.
We're talking about 7-9k a hit for you assuming the same circumstances as the 16k ninja does

For fuck sake codemonkey.

who cares (besides reddit)

Are the Odachi rather underwhelming to anyone else?

I'm surprised Ouroboros wasn't in this DLC, since The Queen's Eyes implies William's at least using him already

No, YOU need to go back to reddit

As far as I can look it up, Masamune did not dick a foreigner. He merely had a lot of trade and sent a letter to the Pope. This chick popped up before as an original character in a novel of his story.

As of the gameplay videos, indeed the greatsword looks very lame. The first thing that popped up in my head when I watched it move was "monster hunter". Shame since the weapons and moves in NIOH are so good.

It's most likely Maria Anna of Spain

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Anna_of_Spain

Dates and what she seems to do match up somewhat, if she was establishing trades for Amirita

This out on PC yet?

Same, although it doesn't seem likely. I like the story in this game way more than I thought I would.

My review of it from my, admittedly short, play time with it is that it's a slower katana, a weaker axe, and a less versatile spear.
Also I can not get that cherry blossom move to trigger with it for the life of me. Not a single time.
Once you get into living weapon mode it's great. Maybe if you made a living weapon build with Kato, Suzaku, or Saoirse it would be a good choice. Just be aware that it's not an "out of the box" weapon for dealing yuge damage.

no, go away beggar race.

It does a bit more than axe and has better combo potential, problem is it relies almost entirely on strong attacks. It's like a better spear, but it's mystics are literal garbage and I have no clue what they were thinking with them.

I don't know about that. Maybe if it had a good trip move like the spear does. It doesn't really take advantage of it's length the same way the spear does either. It still could be made into a good weapon but TN is going to have to put away their nerf hammer for a while and get out their buff wand to do it. It either needs better knock back or better ki damage, maybe both. It also has the weakest iai strike type move of all the swords. That needs to be sorted.

The spear's damage is just way too low outside of Living weapon, it does have a nice grapple though. Really 2kat and spear are the weakest melee weapons, which is like saying they lose the special olympics.
I'm talking pure DPS wise here of course, combo potential and stunlock potential are a different matter.

The real specialty of the spear is all of the parry and keep away maneuvers that it can pull off. Which sadly makes it rather underwhelming against youkai. Of course every weapon in the game runs second to kusarigama and not just because of blade spin either.

which yokai unfortunately are about 60% of enemies in the game.

When did they nerf the shit out of haze (1kat mid square parry)? It can no longer be followed up by an iai and finishing blow, and I think that the target might even be able to act before the attacker. Was this done to "balance" pvp? It's a pretty huge blow to the 1kat's viability and wasn't needed in terms of pve balance. Parrying was always a bit risky because of how badly you'd get face fucked if you messed up, and most yokai aren't vulnerable to parries.

They did it in 1.07 update. You also can't parry Nobunaga when he is in LW mode now. They have to stop trying to balance the game. It gets worse every time they do.
Oh also apparently 400 is the new level cap.

I can confirm from further testing that the Odachi is a hot pile of shit. I've put 99 into into its critical stat and I might as well be swinging a long cardboard tube.

so it's like all melee then

holy fuck okay, melee is officially useless late game. Accessories can now carry a flat "double ninjutsu damage X%"

You know there's heavy diminishing returns on all damage at 30% right?

yeah but it's flat doubled. I do literally 20 on a kunai, and 32k on a storm if it procs and it's a crit

Pretty much. Being a magic ninja trumps everything else. Just throw in a kama for bonus damage and 30% ninjutsu renewal and you're set.

Does anyone know how Magatamas affect forging?

Multiplat son.

Shadowround talismans also work for thrown weapons, so you basically never run out unless you get super unlucky.

Plus unlimited ninjutsu from armor, accessories, and Aya-Como-Va.
On a completely different note, has anyone tried maxing out fisting damage now that you can buff barehanded with your spare samurai points?

I tried, it's alright, you don't get that big damage though because it's all based around the near nonscaling ironfist talisman for majority of your damage.
I mean even with less armor bonuses and nonsense like that I was only pumping out about 5k-9k a hit depending on if they were debuffed or not. and with how slow fists attack, it's either an obscene point investment or just bad.

If we only had a glove weapon, even one that didn't add any extra damage but just gave us skills for DPS and shit and the ability to use living weapon. I want to be able to hadoken a shark into someone.
That was still more damage than I was doing with a +11 Odachi.
JUST

But I don't wanna be a ninja, I wanna hit things really hard with a rock.

Are you using the right stuff? the defense debuff talisman triples your damage output.
Also the odachi attacks faster and actually combos unlike fists.

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong. I finally did get Moonlit Snow to work but nothing seems really to significant damage. Maybe it's just my level.
What have you found to be the best skills for longkat?

I fucking hate all of you faggots who use anything other than melee.
JUST

They are absolutely going to have to put in a melee only mode for PvP. It's just spammy bullshit right now. A ranged only mode might be fun too on certain stages.

Yea I played 2 rounds so far. 1st guy just kept throwing kaltraps and spaming spells. When I closed the distance he would spam that dualsword whirlwind attack. 2nd Guy literally just ran away throwing shuriken (which I knew were going to be OP in PvP because they are thrown too quickly)

you haven't fought the first boss.

No, but knowing TK they'll wait until they've [ut out all of the updates/DLC for this game before putting it on PC.
And if not, then I guess it's another reason for me to buy a Gravity Rush 2 Station.

Why, though? I'm normally a magic fag but the melee system in this game is pretty damn neat, so why would they keep nerfing one of the features that separates this game and actually makes it better?

The stance swapping ones really help, the grapple damage is good. Really if the mystic was Ki damage on block or something it'd be fantastic as opposed to "Ki-damage when you're going to get hit out of your combo".
It's a weird mix between spear and axe, and it relies massively on strong attacks, so if you plan on using it, you gotta get a lot of +strong attack% gear.

I know nothing about this game, but since my b day is coming up I want to treat myself.

How is it?

Music?
Gameplay? Fast or slow?
Any rules I should go by?
Or should I pass on it?

Gameplay is fast, it's got a system similar to the souls series, but with a system that allows you to regen stamina with how good your combos are, and a penalty for you and enemies for running out of stamina.
Music is pretty lacking, it's nothing worth noting, there's one song I like, but that's more personal preference.
Rules are as follows, the game's PvE is pretty broken so you can just do whatever the hell you want and be okay as long as you use the systems the game provides you with.

Overall a solid 8/10 game (5/10 being average)

It's more understated than something like Souls series but it's pretty good I think, they make use of some classical Japanese instruments and composition so it does feel unique, certainly worth listening to a few tracks outside of the game

Definitely fast, some of the tankier enemies like the Tengu or Giant Cyclopes can slow you down but really you should be able to go through or around everything pretty quickly once you know the layout of the level,

Entirely up to you, there are 5 main weapon trees and each one has 3 stances, high low or mid, with a distinct move set. The respeccing item is also infinite and can be quickly purchased once you reach a certain point so you are free to play around with whatever you want and it doesn't feel too stale. There are also 3 kinds of ranged weapons though they have no skills related to them, and then the two 'magic' schools of Ninjutsu or Onmyo, the former is more for castable items that can inflict damage or DoTs and status effects while the latter is at first for elemental damage and debuffs so you can just go wild, Ninjutsu and Onmyo recently got buffed pretty big so they're all the rage right now to go through the game apparently.

It's your money user, no one but you can decide on that. But I will say it's pretty fun, and definitely a Dark Souls derivative in a number of ways but I feel it excels and is unique enough in multiple areas it doesn't feel like a straight clone

Alright, nice. Thanks for the input guys, I'll be giving it a shot.

I would love the option to turn of level music while keeping the boss music on. I honeslty think the games atmosphere is superior this way.

I've never tried out Tatenashi armor so I'm going to do that and combine it with Odachi and respec. If that doesn't do it nothing will.

I'm guessing it was because both flavors of offensive magic use to be completely worthless, except for GS talisman, so they tried to readjust everything to make them viable. Why they actively nerfed melee though I don't have a fucking clue.

6 now and there will probably be more later.

I'm planning to use the Tatenachi set as well, along with the Blue Dragon guardian spirit for a new build, which increases your defense while attacking, plus the Ki recovering speed is another nice addition.
When I was testing the Odachi, one of my personal highlights was going into a group of human enemies and swing that thing like mad. The mid-stance normal attacks of the Odachi don't give a shit about blocking, but since it's one of slower weapons it's going to leave you vulnerable, hence why you need to stack as much HP/toughness/defense as possible. It's an ideal weapon for tanky/ki damage builds, I think.

fug

I feel the exact opposite. I think the near complete silence is already played out and now just feels monotonous to me. Even in the Souls series I wouldn't mind a bit of ambient music at this point.

I take back some of what I said about Odachi but there is one very important caveat:
YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST WEAR HEAVY ARMOR
Tatenashi works great. I haven't tried it yet but I'm guessing Kaido might be a pretty good fit too. But you are never going able to be a Odachi ninja or something like that.
If you don't stat yourself out and properly equip yourself then Odachi is at best a secondary weapon that you use for LW mode and nothing else.

I couldn't ever get the mystics to really work all that well, so tell me if you get that working in a reasonable manner

So can you get the cute mothgirl in the DLC?

"Subtle Blade" seems like the best one. Basically you do better damage when attacking an enemy directly from the from the front while they are in the middle of an attack animation. This goes back to the need for heavy armor. Odachi usage seems to be based entirely around trading blows and tanking damage. It's a pure damage race weapon. If you aren't set up to damage race then you are just dead.
The Odachi I'm using has an auto recovery buff that's triggered by amrita absorption and it STACKS with the regeneration talisman. So with an extraction talisman too I can tank a lot of shit.
Also by trading out the Tatenashi head piece for the Red Kappa kabuto I've managed to get into green agility and get a 20% damage from behind protection.

Nobody is talking about the Switch though.

How much are you taking during a trade, because even with heavy armor I was taking about 1.4k on most trades with WoTD enemies, maybe I'm just underleveled or something though

I'm taking on average 700 to 800 from Namahage. I'm currently level 280.
I just respeced to today to have
20 body
20 heart
77 stamina
99 strength
16 skill
20 dex
40 magic
30 spirit

I will say that I think the regeneration from my weapon is helping to keep me alive and I've also got quick change scrolls on quick cast for safety.

yeah that 77 stamina is probably helping quite a fair bit too, mine was only at 30ish

I'm beginning to think that a dual Axe/Odachi build might be a good idea. They seem to share a lot of the same critical stats and they sort of fill in each others blind spots. For example axe has passives that only buff axe damage against youkai while Odachi has passives that only buff Odachi damage against humans.

I could see that, although in practice I don't know how well that would work as they nerfed the mystics for axes again recently IIRC.

DOUBLE
NINJUTSU
POWER
HOLY FUCK IS THIS A FREE UPDATE?

You only get partial power from the second one. By partial I mean you get 1 effect that's based on the second spirit

That's shit. I guess it would be too overpowered to have all that unlimited ninjutsu.
Still rehooking up and finishing the game now
Is it best to do the DLC before or after?

The DLC is another region that takes place after you kill the final boss, so whenever you want to. It also adds in NG++ which has level 603 missions

also that much unlimited ninjutsu isn't that good, what is good is MASSIVE SHURIKEN/KUNAI DAMAGE

Kitty up front with bunny in back gives you the best ninjutsu power bonus. If you want unlimited then bat up front and kitty in back.

With new locks to obtain along with it. Smithing texts too.

Welp guess I need to go find something to keep me occupied for 100 hours.

The Automata update doesn't seem worth it. Especially since you have to start a fresh new game if you don't want to blow through most of it really quickly and easily.

Get the axe guy to chase you and kill you in front of the boss door, this fixed it for me. Still haven't beaten the boss though, at level 106 in light armour his attacks are all 1 hit KO or 2 hit KO. They did the same braindead idea as Ringed City where the recommended level is way above what you end the game with. Gonna try a few more times but ready to shelve the game as I don't feel inclined to do NG+ just to access the new content

Did they increase the plus value weapons can go up to? Is it higher than +10?

just respek into ninjutsu and cheese the whole dlc with kunai and shuriken.

So how the fuck does refashioning work. I have the entire set of the Demon King's armor, but only the pants and the gloves are showing up. What gives?

For onmyo magic, should you use awakening or amplification?

For some equipment you aren't allowed to reforge\refashion, it's mostly unique equipment like those visors\helms but also applies to some armor sets like you see. I think it's to keep it from some people hiding what set they're dominantly using with revenants\PVP.

Pretty sure the max you can go now is 15+ with weapons and armour. There's an achievement for it too. Also, am I the only one who was honestly disappointed with the Maria boss fight?

Everything was solid about the DLC even fighting my husbando, albeit it was just too short and seemed rushed.
Guess I might be too spoilt from the content of the main game itself. But I didn't expect to quickly take on Date Masamune.

FUCK MARIA
U
C
K

M
A
R
I
A

They just want to increase the grind of the game to horrible levels, don't they? I was thinking of trying to get a strength A+ odachi only to fail for around four hours of grinding and reforging.

Honestly centipede man was more of a challenge than Date. Date just got fucked up like any other humanoid enemy.

You know I feel like I might have cheesed him there but seriously that level drained me hard towards the end. Also heading into the last boss and I'm level 99, did I grind too much?

I'm pretty sure you get the entire Demon King's whole set available for refashion, eventually. But I'm not sure what the requirements to unlock it are.

I have most sets available, I even have the new sets and I only recently killed Date.

Shows up for me. Also, you can refashion other headgear to look like the rare helmets, most of them, at least.

Only those that you get from non revenant sources. That may actually be user problem if he got some of the pieces of the DK set as revanant drops.

I don't understand how I have so many these damn helmets. I haven't gone out of my way to pick any of them, I even the White Monk's Hood available to refashion and I've heard that's an extremely rare drop.

*I even have

Most of those you get as mission rewards or as treasure, both in chests and on the ground. Tower Ushirodate you get from the sub misson Ogress from a body on the ground right before you fight the Flying Bolt.
It's not terribly rare but getting it in Divine is a pain in the ass. Now the Bear's Head is pretty rare you get those as drops from mimics but not often. btw there's a couple that drop from kappas too. Cloud Dragon is one of them.

yeah but shit now drops at +10-+13, so it's a bit less of a grind

Be aware that AAA+ stats exist now. Also I'm guessing that anima stones are the best bet at reforging high class stuff now.

Aren't Anima Stones only used if you want to get PvP-related traits?

I'm really not certain. I haven't experimented with reforging since the new update came out.

I've been dicking around with them, they seem to almost exclusively reforge into pvp related effects.

Isn't that only for anima pvp shit?

So is there some meta chart or something I missed? I'm using the Genius Stategist set myself just for the satisfying thwack when I bash someone with a wood sword and grinding glory it's like I'm fighting the same asshole again and again.

No that used to be the old meta set, now it's pretty much worthless.

It looks like change to attack AAA+ is a thing now. Why the fuck is there so much grinding in this game now? The game has turned to shit because it assumes you have all these things and melee got nerfed even more without the change to attack.

It also looks like the highest plus stat is 20. Close combat damage and familiarity damage can be stacked as well now.

It's always been pretty grindy. The smithing texts are egregious in that regard
I don't know if I would go as far to say it's turned to shit but it has defiantly changed. We've gone from the game allowing for generalist builds to requiring more specialist builds. You really can't have a complete omni character anymore. I'm not sure that this is exactly a bad thing but I wish TN had just implemented it like that from the beginning rather than upending the meta every few weeks.

Is the mothfu in the fucking DLC as an unlockable spirit or not?

Not this one. Probably the next one. I think that's the one that deals with Otani's relatives.

Does anyone know if Iai quickdraw affects the odachi quickdraw? I hear mixed things. Also, how good is that +2 buff for melee in the samurai point tree? Is it only 2 damage or actually more?

Not sure what you mean by that. In what way should the Odachi be affected by that?

That's a dump stat that runs infinitely. Which is a nice addition, considering you could get tons of leftover samurai skill points with nothing to spend them on.

Speaking of skill points, I just realized that exploring in this game actually matters to get locks of hair. Until there's a complete guide with all the locations, you'll be searching every nook and cranny for those things.

The iai quickdraw skills include allowing for a faster and stronger charge. The dual sword quick draw is affected by that, so I was wondering if the odachi ones are.

What is absolutely fucking happening? Is it a pc port?

Sadly not. You get Nekomata, a centipede and a dragon.

PC Never ever

ayy lmao/

Doesn't the 2kat have its own skill that improves the charge time and power of Sign of the Cross? If the 1kat does have an additional effect, that's news to me.

I just spent 10 minutes experimenting and it seems like it does affect the Odachi's quickdraw.
And I just now discovered that too. I wish I had known that a couple hundred hours ago.

And WotD has all new locks too.
Especially for magic and ninja skills since even putting 99 levels into each won't give you enough to learn every passive and jutsu at once. Although as of 1.07 you do get more overall skill points per level for those two.

So we gonna have a secret word or nah?

Shit, really? So the Odachi quickdraw becomes faster AND more poweful? Seems like I made the right choice starting a build with Odachi+1kat combo, then.

I have to wonder if the dual sword quickdraw affects the odachi one as well. Does it do that?

It certainly seems like it becomes faster. Iai 3 which lets you ki pulse directly into quickdraw position does work with longkat and 2kat. Of course Odachi has the longest quickdraw times of the 3 sword types so you might not notice much of a difference.

I tried to test that out too and I just can't tell. You would actually have to time it out, both with and without, to see. I'll see if I can do some more tests later but I'll have to buy some more respec books first.

WE ALREADY HAD A FUCKING DRAGON

Yes a dragon. This was THE Dragon.

Yeah, but this one has extra Ki recovery speed and extra defense while attacking, which is perfect for the Odachi build I want to make. Now, I'll just have to figure out if the new He Who Never Retreats set is better than the Tatenashi set.

Plus, the Odachi from that set weakens melee weapons. Those bonuses seem insane to me, I have to try it.

Apparently your second weapon's damage bonuses apply to your first. Is this true? Like for example a familiarity of weapon one stacks with an A agility bonus. Is this true? I also heard that the only way to get AA+ weapons is to farm them on way of the demon off mobs and hope it is inheritable.

That kind of stacking is a bit wonky but for sure if you have agility damage bonus on your equipped range it's global with Familiarity damage on your melee weapon. Both have to be the main equipped though.

The AA+ rolls seem to be gold star rolls which from what I can tell are not inheritable sadly

Just tested it and it does.

Had a rifle with familiarity damage bonus C with 0 familiarity and it didn't add any damage. Used a bunch of whetstones and it increased my kusarigama damage by about 7%. It doesn't seem to matter if you have it in your active slot or not.

Stats apply from your ranged weapons too but only certain ones.

Honestly though, with how much grinding goes into getting AA scaling and all that nonsense you can get near perfect ninjutsu gear and deal just as much damage, except you'll feel like you're cheesing as opposed to actually playing the game.

So I finally beat John Dee and have unlocked NG+ missions, I haven't bothered purchasing the DLC pack yet, do we have a release schedule? I want to weight them all up to see if they're all worth it together and from what I heard of the first one it's good content but short.

How high is that new ninjitsu damage bonus on weapons? Is it better than agility damage? I also can't seem to get a higher ninjitsu modifier than C+ with a shit ton of reforges, but I may be just unlucky.

Do you know which ones? I am using right now two familiarity A melee weapons, an agility A bow, and a ninjitsu C+ gun. Should I reforge the gun to have that new equipment weight damage mod if I already am using mid weight gear?

It is fairly short but also the fact that you have access to the new weapon type through out thr game not just in the last region. That same pattern will probably be repeated for the next two DLC.

I think as long as the effect isn't specifically linked to ranged damage then it affects melee too but I don't know if that holds with all of the new effects.

It seems that the iai enhancements don't effect Odachi damage output.

Nioh 2 with William following this guy when?

Does anyone know if you can get Great Halberd of Hihiragi smithing text on WotSam or is it only Strong or above?