Next Gen Graphix screenshots released

And so the giant behemoth that is the video game industry splits its head in half (again) only to grow 2 in its place. These aren't even noticeably different in motion. Quiet frankly, we've hit graphics ceiling marginal returns a decade ago. Why is this $500+ upgrade worth shovin out? Anything past 1080p for living room couch gaming is redundant.

first pic:

Other urls found in this thread:

nextcargame.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

at least pick a hot girl to showcase your tech, that thing is sickening

I'll stick with my Gamecube.

It's one of the worst fucking ways to show off tech I've seen. LOOK AT THIS LADY BUG WE BLEW UP. YOULL NEVER SEE SHIT LIKE THIS IN A GAME.

But goddam this pisses me off more because it means games are going to get even more expensive to produce. Meaning it will be more prone to investor-safety measures that buttfuck consumers with creative DLC shit.

These pictures are as vague as this thread.

Technical details or GTFO

Doesn't make sense to compare 3 small jpg images side to side if they were rendered from the same game, it's useless if the textures in the game are not remade entirely with 4K in mind, it's useless if the policount does not increase, it's useless if the increase in polys is not used to give more detail, all you re getting is maybe better antialising and texture filtering which were probably erased by the jpg compression.

fuck this industry

The pictures weren't released with any context at all. They just teased it the ladybug and the blind beaner.

We only hit the polygon ceiling.
The future is in animation, textures and art direction.

We've hit the 3D graphics ceiling with Crysis, Far Cry 3, GTA V, Shadow Warrior remaster. You guys can smugly greentext these games if you hate them, whatever, but I think that those are some very beautiful 3D games. I just played GTA V again, maxed, and for such an open world game it looks better than almost all linear 3D games.

I don't notice any difference. They want me to shell out hundreds more than the base product for this?

Confirmed for not playing games

Only AAA games, which no one in their right mind cares about anyway.

I expected this to happen. You either post a lot of pictures from 3D games that are linear and look better than GTA V, or you have no argument and I'll just ignore you. Don't nitpick stupid shit like a garbage can in the desert and don't pick stylized games. We are talking about the overall graphics in a 3D game that's technologically beautiful.

first argument has no support either just "gta v looks gud"

That 3d mode of that woman isn't even impressive by 3 year's ago standard.

Worse than halfchan. Just gonna ignore you.

That's nice, when are they planning on making good games?

better tell the publishers&marketers to get the memo then m8

BUT WE GOT ONE AMAZING YELLOW LADYBUG IN 4K

It doesn't look too much better than what's out now.

Wrong.
Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.
Partially wrong.
Wrong.

There's a reason fags go for "grafix improvement" instead of actual art-styles.
One requires cranking up hardware and number, the other actual talent.

Those comparisons are shit. Although better assets make greater fidelity more appreciable, greater resolutions provide greater fidelity regardless.

not an arguement

After you called him out he's gonna reply with smuganime face or just call you a newfag/insult you. It's like clockwork.

Correct.

Would you look at that.
I guess if you're going to be wrong you might aswell be all the time, otherwise there's no fun in it.

Explain this then.

All me

fuck off back to your containment area

Holla Forums?

The irony is how much better some games back then look better than todays like Silent Hill 3 or Half Life 2 in your example. Art direction sure as hell goes a long way.

That should tell you everything you need to know right there. Also, when I was playing the original Assassin's Creed on my PC with mid-tier settings, the game looked very aesthetically pleasing. And, I've even seen something as simple as Sin & Punishment 2 receiving compliments on how good it looks.

And, keep in mind, the latter two games look like "shit" compared to the games released today, but they still manage to be better appealing than any of the hyper-realistic crap companies try to cram down our throats these days. Gaming reached the peak it needed to during the 6th gen. That was the era were most the limitations holding games back were resolved, and developers were actually able to make something closely resembling what they imagined. With the tech inside today's systems, there is NO excuse for games to be as limited as they are.

Daily reminder that sometimes you are actually trying to have a logical discussion with 14 and 18 year olds on Holla Forums

You are gonna ignore them because you have nor arguments.

Indeed it does, but my point is that we won't get good realistic graphics through higher polygon counts, it's going to take on-point art direction and texture work.

My forty dollar gpu from 8 years ago can render pretty girls way better than whatever that thing in OP is.

What does piss me off though is not that we don't have all games looking amazing, technologically, but the fact that people put no effort into a good art style or the graphics. Back then the mentality was, "We're not technologically advanced enough to make this game look realistic, but we'll try out best with the current limitations." Now it's, "We have money, we have hundreds of thousands of followers on social media, it's gonna be hyped, we'll make a cinematic trailer, these let's players will advertise it even more, and people will eat it up." If them getting money is guaranteed before they make the game, all their drive to make an actual good game is lost.

We indeed reached ceiling, and every new progress is just slightly different looking shitty shaders.
The question is the games are shit no matter what our graphics are. Look at modern rpgs. The better the graphics are in them - the shittier gameplay and story will be. Compare Tyranny and Age of Decadence to Inquisition and Andromeda.

18+ people!

Wrong.

What did he mean by this?

every day i contemplate suicide

Also correct.

Something to do with being autistic about graphics instead of gameplay being stereotypical preteen behaviour. Now that you made me think of it he's right, specially considering there's a big chance OP is a consoletard for caring about the xbox.

Graphics are no longer relevant.
We have enough GPGPU horsepower to make physics and AI the next ceiling.

Fuck graphics.
Art and AI are the future.

Good luck seeing that with all these """3D DESIGN MAJOR""" trashcans that colleges shit out.

I don't see any real difference, am i blind or something? I don't think i would notice any of this while actually playing a game.

cell-shading/cartoony graphics > muh hyper realistic graphics

Let's not generalize, wc3 and wow have bred unimaginable cancer with their cartoony graphics.

We need horsepower to continue playing unoptimized shit with shit graphics AAA studios produce.

There hasn't been a single game that claims or implies itself to have realistic graphics that ever came close to even trying to have realistic graphics in years, so it's hard to to really say it. Cartoony is shit, but cell-shaded is good taste.

But warum

Top fucking WEW.

This. Say what you want about the game but the graphics of The Witness are great.

Hey I was wrong, those graphics are really good and cartoony. I was thinking more WoW like the other user said.

Where's the detail, the textures? It's too plain.

Please tell what competent developers are taking advantage of this hot new tech? I'll wait.

why does it need to be any more detailed? It looks find to me.

Maybe it hasn't loaded yet ;)

Well, if you played a lot of older games you'd really appreciate details. Even UT 2004 has better graphics in my opinion, because someone actually painted the dirt rather than slap a color on it.

It's gonna permanently load until you finish the game, lol

Art style will always be more important. You can polish a turd all you want, it will still be a turd.

Not a bethesda thread.

Op didn't provided you with enough images.

Is she indian or what? I can tell that liberals just want everyone to look like mud so you can't tell their race.

She is a woman of color, you racist.

But what colour

Non-white shitlord

Why is she so ugly?

Not an excuse.

Leftists just love everything ugly. Its their fight against beautybelists or something. Every female must look like femenist in video games.

What a glorious looking man in drag. Wig technology has come so far.

Also from the picture you can clearly see, that this beautiful feminist of color is a strong smart independed woman that doesn't need no man. Look at her face, she certainly knows what to do with those cables to make a machine working! More women in science!

Off the top of my head:
nextcargame.com/

I think UEBS tried to do something with pathfinding calculation in huge amounts.

She's obviously just the public relations lady for the man who invented that machine.

It looks like a ~2011 AAA PC game upsampled from 1080 to 4k but with all of the post-processing turned off.

spoil that shit

Actually it looks more like she found out secret base of evil white man and seeks to destroy all his patriarchal machines to become a free woman. A new lara croft, a trump tower raider.

Looks to me like she's clearly unable to work through the challenging mental exercise of putting the plug into the socket. This is also the likely reason she is still childless at age 35.

Isn't the Scoprio just the same AMD Jaguar shit but this time with a dedicated DX processor? My fucking laptop has more horses than that console tbh

The base that she found is actually the building of the richest white male politician in her country, that seeks to destroy all the people that are different and not white! That machine can only be the invention of such an evil capitalist, obviously.

Come on, sell it right now!

What we are witnessing is the dying moments of gaming consoles. They already lost any plug and play capability they had a long time ago, and now they're losing the uniform hardware advantage.

They have become proprietary, overpriced PCs with a bloated OS and aggressive DRM. Outside of the few exclusives they still get there is no reason to own one anymore.

Wrong. Everyone else I dismissed was just straight up pulling shit out of their ass but i understand how an uninformed person could make a mistake on this.
Anyway you can't actually run any single mix of graphics API and gpu computing API at once because it involves the gpu stopping one to run the other. And that means a CPU overhead from the driver managing the GPU (at this point, you're better off running that AI or whatever of yours on the GPU) but it also means a GPU overhead (GPU has to switch context). It sounds great on paper but in the end, you'd be losing performance and there's nothing stopping a person from just getting a better CPU.

Kek. We need to make it over-the-top

It's a stylistic choice, dumbshit.

Why work to improve graphics technology just to display such an ugly character as that woman? YUCK!

She lives in steampunk version of Karl Marx era and a member of the worker's party. Marx is a grand wizard of jewish cabal, who seeks to employ our colored heroine to crush the remains of capitalism, so they won't activate the time traveling machine that will summon Hitler from the future!

I thought Ubisoft employees had to sign an NDA

Why do leftists in media make Karl Marx look like some well-groomed wise old man when in reality he was a shaggy, unkempt bum?

I thought murder was illegal.

I would play the shit out of that. You're a member of the resistance in a 1984 styled nightmare and your duty is to find the legendary Heinrich and his time machine that is said to be able to summon a fated Messiah that will lead your people into a new golden age.

Looks like heavily modded Sims 2

WHAT A FAGGOT
Multiple GPU setups have existed for over a decade now.
1 GPU for AI
1 GPU for Physics
1 GPU for Rendering

Or better yet, HSB APU gets used for Pysics and the rest for AI and Rendering.

And AAA games still won't be properly optimized to make the most out of current tech, instead of relying on fags to keep buying expensive hardware to run these shitty games with retarded bloated specs.

It doesn't REALLY work like that though. Modern GPUs are just highly-parallel general purpose processors. Basically its hundreds of smaller slower cores instead of a few heavyweight fast cores like in CPUs. Modern GPUs are able to perform highly-parallel tasks which make them suitable for things like physics and general floating-point math by design

Because everyone must love the envious faggot who never worked and dictated how workers should work.

i don't know
but i think disney is /theirguy/

The fuck is up with those googly eyes?

Why is goodbye written inside brackets? That doesn't make sense. Does he think "goodbye" or what?

At first I thought you were pretending to be retarded, but I couldn't find a reason why so at least I know you're actually retarded.
So you want to save CPU resources by running things on the GPU, and your way of doing it is appealing to the non-existing part of the market that dumps cash into multiple graphics cards but cheaps out on the CPU?
I don't even know why I'm replying

Ubisoft was dropping the subtle parenthesis my dude, Marx was saying ((Goodbye)) they know

We're talking modern GPUs though. PhysX was integrated into Nvidias GPU architecture ages ago

OY VEY

I don't think I want to be alive for when waifu designs become the new arms race.

many sloppily drawn shapes are combined to form an overall blur

wheres all the light in this picture? surely a lightning bolt would make things brighter than that

Not to mention as jpeg or/and in shitty resolution.

No, it's a woman. A man would know that you keep your hands on the plug and socket, and not hold cables like her.

Nice next gen face
Here you go, a 5 years old game face

He is bald though.

Okay have a ps2 game face, the hair is still better than the OP one

that wasn't the graphic's fault.
wow's chunky cartoon style did nothing wrong.

If you want to show off your graphics horsepower, why pick a shitty 360 era character model of an ugly fucking character?

What the fuck even is that?

Bet you love the Transformers movies.

Simplicity has its value, Witness looks nice considering it's a shit not-game

WoW's less 'cartoony' and more hand-painted. Maybe "comic book cover", I guess?

I'm out.

I was wondering what the hell happen to that thing. Can you still use those for anything now?

Okay, Jonathan Blow. I am deeply sorry for wanting TEXTURES in my game. From now on, all stylized cartoony games look amazing by default, just because they're simple.

You wanna know what else is cartoony and has more detail? Torchlight 2, the game looks sweet for what it is, it's cartoony, and has some fucking detail rather than a color on a wall.

That modeling is horrible.

Look at the full picture of that faglord. You'll then see how really dirty the fuck was. His clothes are all stained too. Fucking commies are always disgusting.

Silent Hill 3 looked amazing for it's time

>Stars flawed looking female protagonist who, still, looks miles better than anything put out these days

It does look better but it's not the kind of stuff you would sacrifice a single frame per second for.

It's like they want to promote the idea that we reached the limit of graphics quality; that would be good news since from now on they could focus on actual gameplay.

So that's an equivalent of what? GTX980? Took them long enough lol.

I suspect he says goodbye in German and the subtitles translate it.

No, 770.

I thought PS4/Xboner are on par with 780.

Get out.

Suck more cock.

But the WiiU wasn't 600$, user.

Honestly, though, as long as it's not ZSNES, who cares what emulator you use. The point is to play games for free. It's like those autists that complain about VLC.

For the ps4 you're looking at a mid-high end AMD radeon 5xxx series from 2010. A bit worse for the xbox 1. The PS4 pro has a gpu that is over 2x better (basically every piece of hardware on the GPU was doubled, and the clockspeed was increased a bit) except the memory bandwidth is only 23% better than the ps4. The CPU is the same except it runs at a 33% higher clockspeed. That's assuming wikipedia is right. That means the pspro's GPU is comparable to a gtx 770, but i have no fucking idea what to compare the CPU to, namely because nobody has ever put out a comparable cpu with such low clock and 8 cores. So save for the CPU, those are some pretty good specs.
Well the scorpio hasn't been released yet but if rumours are true the gpu is much better (between a 970 and a 980), and the cpu is still trash, but at least it runs at a higher clockspeed than the pspro.
Overall those are nowhere near as impressive as the first xbox and the ps2 sounded at launch for instance, but if you want to compare those specs with a contemporaneous PC the gtx 1080 performs over 3x better than a gtx 780 (the gtx 780 is a bit worse than a 1050 ti) while the CPU is comparable to whatever dual core pentium intel has out right now. I'm guessing they didn't upgrade the CPU that is so obviously the bottleneck on both consoles because there's a fair bit of very specific assembly fuckery involved in this gen of console games whereas you can pretty much hotswap gpus because it's impossible to make something custom tailored for a gpu as of now.

r u laptop gaming FAG

not really surprising, but just goes to show how low the standards are for the niggers of gaming

If you want a retard-proof video player try mpc-hc.

fucking redditors

You can't bitch about console DRM if you use Steam on PC. It's just as bad, if not worse.

I only had that problem when I used VLC Youtube Shortcut addon for youtube
But only at high resolutions for some reason, had to turn it all the way down to 576p before it would play without any problems…

Jesus fucking Christ just kill yourself

MPV is a memeplayer. It's a command line player that uses ffmpeg as it's backend except ffmpeg is between many other things a command line player. Most of MPV's source code involves converting commands it's issued into ffmpeg commands and then running ffmpeg, the only thing it has going for it is that once you're playing a video you got an extremely basic ui to control the video with. At that point you're better off using literally anything else, or at least a ffmpeg frontend that expands upon ffmpeg or makes it easier to use, such as vlc. Speaking of, for the first time in your life read a program's documentation and properly configure vlc so you don't run into issues like

Feminism and "diversity quotas" for hiring at work. We need a race war.

Grown ups are speaking here.

pfft..

You first, imkikey.

reported for anti-Trump shill here's your 7 day ban :^)

Your first two images looks absolutely ugly. I'm glad we're moving past the one color era.

I don't know what it is, but I can't concentrate on her face at all. Either the awful shading, overly detailed hair or messed up eyes.

spoiler that shit user

its not worth it. Nor is the 60GB file size of the game because developers forgot how to optimize and compress files. It's called Planned obsolescence. Its the only way the kleptocracy can encourage the lemmings to buy the latest CIA and NSA approved "smart" devices. You know questions like the ones you are asking will likely one day be illegal.

It's shit. Comparable to a 9800GTX.

>there are people excited about the scorpio in this thread RIGHT NOW
This is why gaming is dying.

I'm excited. I preordered 3 for my family so we can family game together, I've also paired my Surface Pro to it. Sounds like a classic case of peanut butter and jealous.

Unfortunately it's not.

It'll go perfect with my PS4 Pro so I can play with my freinds.

user, not saying AAA are good but nobody likes indie game. Indie games are memes, they are garbage. The Good games are middle market or from Japan. But nobody makes Middle market games anymore because of the cost.

this

7 day ban? Its a mount minimum.

I am looking forward to how loud and how hot it gets, in a technical way and not sexual way. Also, the price as well and whatever extras they put in, including milking shit and other shady shit. I view this as the last chance for xbox, for the company and myself as well. It may turn out to be a solid thing, but I still won't buy it unless there are great games for it and that is largely not in their control. So I may never get one, but I may like the tech.

Grownups wouldn't pitch a bitchfit about people who don't want to manipulate a fucking video through keyboard shortcuts

Crowbcat video on the Scorpio when?

Yeah they do.

Look at her neck. She looks like she has an adam's apple from the improper neck rigging. The twist starts halfway through.

Nobody mentioned anything about purchasing a Wii U, rube.

re-releasing an 8 year old AAA PS3 game on PC is not developing a new game for the middle market. Same is true of all the decade old Atlus PS2 JRPG's getting a PC release.

I can see the increased fidelity, but the game & the character is too ugly to really appreciate it.

I can't tell the difference in the first and for the second one the xbox one normal bugger looks better.

All I fucking want is 60 fps, but that will never happen because all devs set 25-30 fps as the high end and keep adding graphical and model improvements until the game breaks. It would be so much easier if they just set a poly count for all models and a resolution for all textures and made it so the fps is constantly at 60 fps, it could even be a Microsoft required standard with exceptions for games not meant to be at 30 fps.

I wouldn't really say increased fidelity. It is a given that graphics look better at higher resolutions but if you look at the actual content, shaders, textures, etc, you can see that it is optimized for 4k. Thus it kind of looks really shit the more you stare at it. Take a look at the back windows, floor, skin material.

Look at that fucking bird, what a boss

Cropped out the useless bullshit.

thank you. saved.

That's a cool bird.

/thread

He's got one eye on the streets, and another eye on his snacks.

Isn't Kega Fusion closed source?

But 120-144 fps is the new milestone.

Can someone tell me what is up with this 4K meme? What's wrong with 1080p and 1200p?

wouldn't that be great? Instead of lazy developers bloating the size of a game they worked on improving the performance? I am sure I am not alone with 2007 era graphical fidelity (provided higher resolutions). Crysis is still good looking. If Developers actually worked towards making sold performing games they honestly don't need all the fancy shaders to make something that is beautiful. Low Poly games might be a meme, but the focus on visual clutter is absolutely affecting game quality.

Nothing at all really. 4k is the new 3D meme. 4K is only handy if you do graphic design

Those bolts to the right of bowser in the first image would look better with less geometry and/or normal/bumpmapping. Makes them look kinda noisy.

those bolts on the road? That is Normal mapping. There is absolutely 0% geometry.

New and fancy expensive technology, just like VR. Except more practical. It really is just more overpriced technology for now.

just kill me now.

Not a damn thing but irrelevant PC faggots have no games so all they can do is cry about their 4k on their shitty emulator that barely plays breath of the wild.

Cheap marketing ploy and easy to stick onto a TV or graphics card as a sticker opposed to actually improving graphics.

you niggers sound like the retards in 2005 talking shit about 1080p

thanks, wasn't sure. Looks pretty bad though.

So you're going to buy a 4k monitor soon?

Which part of "overpriced technology for now" do you not understand?

It looks like the tower the bolt is emitted from is used as a light source, looks like the stuff around the end of the bolt isn't even partially illuminated by it.

Not saying they don't look good, I am saying that it's a bullshit meme for gaymen. Why up the resolution when we now have cards that would be able to display amazing physics shit on 1080p that actually changes how you play a title. But no gotta go 4K where top of the line cards struggle to hold 60fps goy.

oh man look at all the cool science stuff that GIRL did oh my wow, i bet she just farted all of that stuff right out of her vagina !

Crysis had some rather low res textures, even at ultra high. That's of course understandable because it was a 2007 game, and VRAM was expensive, but everything else about it is gorgeous. It had pretty god rays, nice physics, good models, absolutely great faces (again, 2007 and a texture limit) in cutscenes and pretty detailed models. Also, the game was accurate with guns, and as a /k/ autist, I approve.

Solution: instead of having models/textures that are super realistic and shit like ambient occlusion just spend all that GPU power on resolution and physics/scale.

The gwafix race is a meme but high resolution/FPS is not.

The "1080p" screenshot looks intentionally blurred.

In terms of vidya graphics, I think the priorities should be:
Animation > Textures > Models > Shaders > Fancy Tech things like hair
A cartoony character with good animations is far more relate-able and believable than a photorealistic character with janky animations.

Everything up to the ayyliens was pretty fun as well.

Steam isn't meant to be DRM, the only thing that may seem like DRM is that there's Steamworks, which requires Steam to run in order to launch a game. It's just a storefront and download manager.

The game wasn't that long and I found the zero G alien portions enjoyable. The flying bastards were annoying but the "ground troops" of the aliens were weak shit and I just ran up to them with max strength and threw them around. I thought the game overall was very enjoyable.
Speaking of which, Crysis and Crysis Warhead are on GOG now.

Fuck off back to Tumblr and NeoGAF already you dumb nigger.

Seriously, what the fuck? What excuse possibly could they have?

I'll come with an actual arguement. Poly count while currently certainly impressive still has a ton of room to improve. We haven't hit a ceiling, it's just that right now there's a cartel on hardware making it impossible to create any noteworthy improvements without a drastic price increase. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely fucktartded for console manufacterors to try and sell an upgrade right now but that doesn't mean we've hit a ceiling by any stretch.

As for 1080p it certainly isn't noticable on a 4 inch phone screen. Anything bigger then that though and 1080p starts lacking. Heck, we can only start questioning resolution once 8k is both the display and rendering standard. Right now 4k isn't even close to being the display standard and 1080 is slowly starting to become the render standard on consoles.

A lack of talented artists, outsourcing things to third worlders, and using plastic models and bloom game engines that run like shit such as Unreal Engine. Fuck Unreal, it's the worst fucking engine ever. It runs like garbage, it uses an absurd amount of bloom and makes everything look like plastic.
Cryengine is the pinnacle of graphics, nothing can compete with it. It's a real shame Crytek is going bankrupt.

Crytek has no one but their own incompetent, dishonest management to blame.

I don't disagree.
It was some pretty talented Turks who aspired to be great devs and took the finest talent there was in Europe to make the best graphics possible. The issue came when they took their success of the Crysis games and decided to expand a ton while making no games and having a game engine that no one was adopting, basically destroying them financially. They just needed to make more games, that was it.

What would it be like if george costanza shoved that entire bowl on popcorn inside of me

Reminder to filter namefags

Disney himself was /ourguy/, but the jews that have been running the company these last few decades have behaved exactly as you'd expect.

RIP Walt

No Walt was a Freemason.

It still blows my mind that in HL2, more than a decade ago, Valve managed to get more believable facial expressions animating by hand than the vast majority of motion captured games today.

Say whatever you want about HL2 being a bad for shooters as a whole, but I've yet to see a game do facial animations better aside from LA Noire and that took Australian slave labor and tens of millions in specialized tech to make just to do what HL2 already did but with weirder textures that that made everyone look like they wore tons of makeup.

Is the one on the left from the next Planet of the Apes game?

Yup. And no one is using it anymore.

Agreed. I say this to every developer I talk about graphics with.

LA Noire had the most repulsive models outside the faces. The necks would never feel right with their heads and they felt more like dolls.

Who isn't a Freemason on this board?

this unfinished head is more attractive than whatever that is

Yes

user, you’re a dipshit.

Reported for being a kike and a namefag.

That's gonna have some weird topology if you're gonna have to fill in the cheeks after making the rest of the head, are you doing this without a topology reference?

This really doesn't look impressive.
This wouldn't even be impressive for a 2012 PC.

A high poly count ruined by shit textures, shit lighting and awful AA.
/r/ing that "why modern vidya looks shit" screencap, the one about Zero Dawn.

Sounds like my managers at Wal-mart.

Lel

I still use it.

Funny story, at the openings of one of his new Walmarts, Sam Walton (You know, the guy who created Walmart) voluntarily stepped in as a cashier because the place was so packed.

Sam generally has the actual want for a quality store (unless he's putting on a show) but the rest of the system sure as fuck aint following THAT example.

Ladies and gentlemen, the worst arguer on any chan ever, and that includes Chris-chan.

Wrong-fag, you couldn't be wronger if your name was Wrongy W. W. Wrongenstein.

Not in practicality. They never had that much power to begin with, as they were basically a co-processor card designed to do calculations for PhysX. If you slapped that in a machine today with a modern graphics card and had PhysX be pumped out through that PhysX card, you'd actually get heavily bottlenecked. In theory, it'd be more efficient to pump that shit through your CPU.

Microsoft going full retard with this shit

its almost like the want the xbos division to fail

Nice strawman, faggot. I said AA games are still being made.

Bayonetta isn't even AAA. AAA is super high budget shit like FFXV and Call of Duty.

That's a heron, not a seagull.

No, it's just that the way console generations work means graphics tech has been held back for the better part of a decade, there's been some improvement but we should be far ahead of where we are now. I care more about audio tech anyway, it feels like we're still waiting for AAA games to get to Thief 2's level never mind improve on it.

No, the thing next to the seagull is a woman, not a heron.

Don't deny your hardon.

Because too few people say "I refuse to buy this game because its graphics aren't good enough", meaning game developers don't have to make their graphics any better, and therefore have no incentive to do so

Is this Liz Lemon?

You can play around with making facial expressions in Source too just to see how you can do making animated expressions, it's hard work when you're animating it. It's much easier if you just make one frozen model.

no user AAA game is a ratting. I just means the game is a blockbuster. It has nothing to doe with the budget. Yes most Blockbusters tend to spend a boat load of money on advertising but its not the money spent that makes it AAA.

No you said middle market game are still being made. There is no such thing as "AA games".

Yeah no fuck off, cartoony graphics and cell-shading are for lazy fuck devs who can't be bothered to learn how to art.

Shit at modelling? Don't want to put effort into high detail? Can't draw anatomy to save your life? Can't be arsed keeping the proportions consistent? Go with a shitty cartoony style, add zany zesty cartoon humour with some sprinkled in epic self-awareness and nihilism the numales love, et voilà: instant hit among the SanFran crowd.

To be fair though, anti aliasing becomes less of a problem at 4k. It only makes stills look like shit.

Absolutely disgusting.
Also, why is it blushing?

Idgaf about graphics anymore, I've kinda come to accept they will barely progress anymore, I just wish games didn't outright regress in terms of content and gameplay sophistication.

Man I wish more games had that thing where you get an additional round if you reload before spending your whole magazine.

It's not even textured correctly. It's just plain uncanny valley-esque.

Nice Shenmue quality hair from 1999.

For a TV? It's worthless unless you're sitting really close or have a 100" TV. For a computer? It's the end game resolution so long as you don't have a fuckhueg monitor. You would actually see a difference in how detailed objects are at a distance with a 4K computer monitor.

If true, I can actually respect that guy. It's a shame most people don't share his work ethic.

big graphics don't mean a lot when your character models are shit