/ogc/ Racing Games General - Hotwheels, Think Fast! Edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
Discord:What happened to it anyways?
Mumble:

Our Uplay spreadsheet (Currently for The Crew):
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
To add others, check here;
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Our Forza Horizon 3 club:
Our Xbox live club:

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170427010407/http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234765691&postcount=98
archive.is/tyf2Y
mega.nz/#!Y7hGiarb!WliF_jNaU5mbLqsjzhGUsKPyjIr4r-jAb-C7yPdRlmM
igg-games.com/jidousha-shakai-free-download.html
hrkgame.com/games/product/dirt-4/#a_aid=allkeyshop&a_cid=11111111?utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop
archive.is/oviVo
reddit.com/r/rFactorRedditRacing/
twitch.tv/videos/141122646
needforspeed.com/en_GB/news/nfs-2017-paying-it-back
mangahere.co/manga/zannen_jokanbu_black_general_san/
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2423345440409690876
nfsunlimited.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15696
englishgrammar101.com/
dropbox.com/s/haqwtsherucsx8q/Rally Championship.iso?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/1nr6cezjw4hkrvu/patch6.zip?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/3qjchck7f2jk1dm/patch6_nocd.zip?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/hybg93ep7jvrzyf/Clio.zip?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/b3t9rogy6clndht/cheetos.txt?dl=0
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mobil_1_Rally_Championship
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also fuck me, if the PC version was actually a proper port, I might have gotten this one day. Fuck microsoft.

The PC version sucks? And here I was kinda kicking myself for missing the Spring Sale.

Yup, it's plagued with problems from stuttering, to crashes, to just overall poor performance on hardware much better than the Xbone. It's a real shame too, I love the game but the framerate and crashes forced me to stop playing.

Other than that, FUCK YES !

not-crazy taxi music a side I really like the sub surface scattering on the plastic track, it looks really nice.

I decided to check the PC support forum for Horizon 3 and somebody linked a turn 10 employee is promising PC version improvements on neofag. After all the other patches that did fuck all, I don't have high hopes.
web.archive.org/web/20170427010407/http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234765691&postcount=98

This disgusts me.

Needs more Reverend Horton Heat and Metallica

Don't feel so bad, it's a bad game that got shilled hard anyway I fell for the shilling.
Anyway, literally all of the game's files are encrypted so big part of the performance issues come from the constant reads inherent of a racing game causing heavy cpu usage at all times, it's also the reason why faster RAM speeds up the game a lot even though it's very rarely a contributing factor in game performance, and when it is normally minor. I'd put this game's PC port right up there with saints row 2, except it doesn't crash as much.

I actually really enjoyed the game. Played it for 100 hours before it started annoying me with the performance issues. If the May 9 patch actually does fix CPU usage as promised, I'll probably go back to playing it.

There's plenty of good Hot Wheels related music. Has any of the expansions added more music in? Though you're damn right about there being more RHH and Metallica.

Looking forward to the Highway 35 liveries user was talking about. Though some cars might have to be fudged as to which car.

They scanned the three real Show Car and stunt models Hot Wheels had. The Twinmill replica was started by Boyd Coddington in the 80's and went through a few custom creators before being finished in 2002. Kinda weird they are based on real versions of the cars but I'll take it.

At the same time. It's a bunch of weird curios including the Hilux from the Top Gear Arctic Expidition episode and a Jeep Show car that never went into production so it's kinda cool.

When will there be another hot wheels game?
Why must it be on a game with bad ports and bad consoles

It makes sense to me. The game is still modeled with the light sim physics so they probably need real world performance data to base the cars off of. Even the warthog in Horizon 3 is based of a real world replica.

The only truly fantasy car they made for the Series was the Fallout 4 tie in Chryslus in FM6 but even then they scanned the real model Bethesda had (Bethesda's had no engine) and used Bethesda's data to make a functioning car. It was cute, but undriveable. So I'd imagine that's why they used Hot Wheels own replica show and stunt cars.

I'm dissapointed with dirt4's car selection so far, it seems like more of an expansion pack than anything else.
Although I am hype to drive the opel ascona.

That reminds me of something I did a long time ago
I was fucking around with the files from that Planet Hot Wheels Highway 35 exe that has been roaming around for some Time now, long story short, the textures for the Cars were quite easy to get since they work on .BPM
I managed get most of the car's textures from that but I left them on my old PC, maybe I could use them to do Highway 35 skins with that but I'm not so sure, that and I don't have Forza Horizon 3 yet on my current PC

which car would u fug

The last Dirt I played was 3 and that left a bitter taste. I haven't played Dirt Rally yet, but while I am excited to see 4 I remember the absolute laziness that was in 3.

Rehashed tracks from previous games as DLC, reused stages with minimal variant and said stages being shorter than a piss break, DLC cars that raced against you even if you did not buy them, fucking Ken Cock, etc.

Cautious optimism and hoping that they learned something from Dirt Rally. But again, Codemasters.

That's because Codemasters are a bunch of lazy fucking hacks

FYI, Hot Wheels also made "normal" car models

If Forza Horizon on PC wasn't Windows 10 only I'd play it. But Micro$haft doesn't like make sensible decisions.

It's a sensible decision
They want to force NSA/Windows on everyone

I'm calling the diy sim racing dash project complete until I can find sturdier housing than a cardboard box with some some spacers

Why is undercover so shit! I wasted 2 weeks beating the thing and I couldn't have been so bored and disinterested in something. The mechanics felt so restricted and the "fast cars" didn't feel fast what so ever. I mangaged to beat the game with the second car and after a bunch of retries with the cpu catching up to me faster than a single mother looking for child support if you managed to just breathe in the general direction of a barrier or traffic. This game has a story that i skipped because i couldn't care less for the super tense cop drama they were going for. The characters were bland and uninteresting latina calling me papi at the end didn't make me feel anything
gee, after this shit I"m not going to bother playing anymore need for speed games.

To be fair, there wasn't all that much they could do now that the FIA locked down all WRC-related licences, from cars to stages, for their shitty game.

Bump from page 12. Looks like we're getting a new burnout crash mode type game from some of the old devs.

archive.is/tyf2Y

So what do you guys think about GRID autosport?
Bought it yesterday, hard to get used to after playing the original GRID for a long time. Looks good and seems to have more cars, but less cars per class, or something along those lines.

After playing the first GRID, I lost all interest in future titles.

I played grid 2 and I jsut got bored of it after an hour. No desire to play it again.

chris meeke turned his car into a fucking dune buggy.
Best of luck to the poor engineers that are gonna have to put that thing back together

It's better on WII/GC/PS2, has the Most Wanted handling instead of the super grippy nu-nfs handling

I personally quit the game after the second race. Thank fuck it was only a rental.

Anyone here plays spintires or beam ng.drive?

what says. Although your car still slows down heavily whenever you turn for whatever fucking reason, which is realistic in a way but 100x overblown. But anyway if you play the wii/gc/ps2 versions of undercover it'll have basically downgraded mostwanted physics although it'll be still piss easy and it'll have the retarded time slowdown mechanic EA loves so much. I recommend emulating the wii version, on a real wii whatever appears on screen is barely understandable and the game is heavily aliased but on dolphin it plays like a shitty port.

Good taste, brother.

Forever and always.

thanks mate

Found a game called Jidousha Shakai
Comfy lil open world driving game with gear shift and car customization. Has the ability to create custom maps so worth keeping an eye on
currently in early access though so dont give it your money
link below
mega.nz/#!Y7hGiarb!WliF_jNaU5mbLqsjzhGUsKPyjIr4r-jAb-C7yPdRlmM

What's the key? Also is it related to Stuner? I know they have an phone game. Also reminder, Street Legal Redline Racing is a thing and some fans have a patched version on steam.

There is no key requirement just copy and paste the link and it should work.
And I don't think so.

What's with chinks and nonsensical product/game names?
STREET LEGAL RACING
REDLINE
I mean what the fuck does this shit even mean?

Nope, just takes me to a screen saying it needs a decryption key.

I think it's more budget/AA racing games that get stupid names, Big Rigs Over the Road Racing, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, Import Tuner Challenge (Where you're driving domestic cars technically, the only "Import" car just being Stalking Hammer's Lexus).

The original devs are from Hungary, and it's published by a dead division of Activison.

Big fucking surprise.

You can clearly see how Colin McRae was his mentor, who also was an expert in turning rally cars into dune buggies.

Colin McRae was an absolute madman. At least that moment, along with McRae smashing the Focus into some rocks in the final round at Wales meant that Richard Burns won his only Championship.

Is Dirt 4 going to be arcadey trash or is it like another Dirt Rally?

No idea then igg-games.com/jidousha-shakai-free-download.html use this to get to the link instead then

both, they said they tweaked dirt rally's physics to be more accurate and they added a "gamer" mode that's closer to dirt 3. Both modes will have separate leadeboards.

Another Dirt Rally with optional arcade handling, and a much more in-depth career mode.

Oh boy I can't wait to go to my casual friends house and be shit at a game that I can properly play at home.

And less variation in tracks.

That was never exactly the strong point of the series.

What's the general opinion on Project Cars? I didn't see anything about it on the wiki.

It's like your waifu

I saw one of these parked outside, the thing was competently mint, so it's the only thing on my mind right now.

Brits are cursed to only win the WRC in a Subaru and to die a few years later. Eventually Subaru will return to the sport, only then will we see another British champion.

Looking to into a race wheel, and racing games in general. How is the Logitech G920? It's under $400 with the shifter on Amazon. Is that a decent price for a starter wheel? I've looked at the wiki of course but I can't really find a G27 anywhere and the T500RS seems too expensive for me.

Time for the Thread hasn't been bumped so Let's look at the Steam racing section.
Gas Guzzlers Extreme and it's DLC are 80% off for those who don't have it already. And in further car combat news there's a game called Battle Riders which is another racing combat game. Looks like it's made in unity but more then decent enough for it's

Everything that isn't sim or upper-end simcade has just been 2005-tier outdated car crash trash recently.

I want something like CMR2.0 or RRT4 or Outrun2 or those old PS1 F1/Indy/CART games. Something that doesn't blast cringey music at me and isn't coated in shitty tribal tattoos.

Anything i should know about gas guzzlers? Any technical issues, does it have online multiplayer and is it dead?

Already made a thread for it a couple days ago, but I've been interested in OutRun 2006 for the PC. While it reads my Xbox 360 controller, the controls are kinda… weird. Like, I guess it's different cars with different setups (i.e. the Dino has the gas pedal on the left), but something's off with it. Mainly, I gotta start a race with the Start button? What gives?

Anyone still playing the crew? Have they fixed the terrible performance, I tried it a couple of months ago and it ran extremely poorly, I don't have the best PC, but still I shouldn't get 40 fps with constant drops to single digits on the lowest settings.

Outrun 2006 has notoriously shit controller support. Cars shouldn't be having different control layouts. There's a fan patch somewhere but even that is a bit wonky, I managed to get it working somehow though.

I'm a beamfag but I'm taking a break because they broke every mod with their newest update again and I'm still waiting for the sound update.
I'm slightly sphincter sore about their last update only being a Wrangler. They need to add Kei cars and other oddballs, normal cars only get you so far before they become extremely boring.

whichever car = that goth girl in highschool or the skinny blonde guy on the ski team who was extra nice to you and gave you short breath, goosebumps, and unnerving feelings that made you take cold showers

I play Beam a lot and spintires on the occasion

mods break all the fucking time, it's absurd
the moonhawk's skins haven't worked for a goot 3 major updates now even when I run the vanilla-est game

I'm not one to shill but honestly, as long as you've got a decent rig, the game runs fine. I remember having issues out the ass around release but this all got fixed… Maybe ? at least for my hardware.

got an I5 4690k, rx 480 4gb , 16 gigs of ram and I'm running the game fine maxed out except for AA. with 8gb ram you get stutters as pointed out but now my game runs from ~40 to ~100 fps, around 90 outside of that main city and 40-50 in that shitty city. the online shit is also a pain if you don't know shit about your router. that teredo tunnel shit is fucking annoying at first. but if you REALLY wanted a open world racing game like TDU or The Crew but found them lacking. i guess its worth the trouble. just, make sure you got decent hardware, and if you want to use a wheel check for compatibility. FFB needs a bit of tinkering to feel good aswell but once thats done its really fucking good. physics i'd say are pretty real fam but not rfactor level obv.

also dont try the demo, its outdated and crashes fuckloads. friend of mine tried it recently and got that issue. he asked MS drones livechat to see if theres a refund policy and its really neat. i think it was somewhere along the line of 30 days to change your mind, no strings attached so use that time as a demo and shit worked for him.

one big issue for most people is windows 10. if you dont want windows 10 then you cant get the game. its that easy. just forget everything i wrote then

Damn, guess I should go play the PS2 version then.

Are there any other places to get up to date WRC related content other than rutracker?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D9525BE8EC2ED8FACEDF47C9B81B764EB3160E2F&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt3.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=WRC.%202017.%205%2F13.%20YPF%20Rally%20Argentina.%20%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80%20(Sport1%2BHD%2C%20Deportes%20HD%2C%20Sportskanalen%20HD%2C%20MotorsportTV%20HD%2C%20Feed)%20%5BHDTVRip-AVC%20720p%2050fps%2C%20ENG%2FESP%2FGER%2FINT

That's pretty much how I played Colin McRae Rally.

hrkgame.com/games/product/dirt-4/#a_aid=allkeyshop&a_cid=11111111?utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

How legit is this site?
For half off I'm pretty tempted

Actually wait, how'd you get the mod to work for you? Seems that when I alt-tab, I lose control of the D-Pad/left analog.

Super GT at Fuji, live right now.

Wouldn't HQ radio in to warn them that two people had already crashed there?

Bump.
archive.is/oviVo

I dont think they even mention what game they'll be using for the championship. it's going to Project Cars, most likely.

Never preorder.

Wait until the game comes out, it looks really promising but you never know. Unless you really want that Hyundai.

Nope, you're just throwing more hardware at it with your rx 480. The async compute also helps with using every drop of cpu because the game uses retarded task-based multithreading.

:(

Reminder to rF2 owners, there is a casual league starting tomorrow.
>reddit.com/r/rFactorRedditRacing/

I see the problem.
The problem is the monster logo on the side, it increases car problems by 100%.

Bump Also why aren't there more games about hot rodding?

any good?

Didn't they do RIDE? And it came out kinda Meh? Probably the same case.

Anyways steam has this ultra budget game out (

Milestone are working on gravel and I like what they're doing now.
They ditched their in-house engine for UE4, added in some sega tier blue skies, with some fantasy elements.
The game looks like a crossover between forza horizon and sega rally tbh.

It's missing a couple of wheels but any game with a proper career mode gets a couple of free points from me. F1 2010 still hasn't been beaten in that department so far as I know; I'm still waiting on a game where I can walk around the paddock and throw hats at people to create rivalries and get press attention etc.

I haven't actually played a milestone game but I just hope they know what they're doing and make forza horizon but good, instead of copying everything that's wrong with the series. I'm guessing by the sega rally mention you mean good gameplay

Good .webm though.

Spent half an hour restarting this one career race in NFS:Shift because the fucking AI thinks it's hilarious to rear end me when I go into a corner.

I think I need to just stick to solo track practice or simulators.

What a fucking amazing semi-final

I went to a friend's house to play the new Flatout on his PS4.
Still no fucking split screen.
Other than that, it's okay. The crashes feel a bit weak at times, the guy flying out doesn't really look like he's getting any impact. The damage is good for a normal racing game, dissapointing for a Flatout game.
The handling is alright, the tracks are alright, the cars look alright.
The stunts are missing some of the old ones like darts, bowling or poker. The angry birds stunt is kinda weak and I have no idea how the finnish pins work.
Online had a whopping two other people playing at the time.

I wouldn't pay full price for it. Maybe 10-15 euros if I'm desperate for a new racing game.

I forgot to mention there's a weapons mode now.
It's ok, doesn't really add that much, but doesn't detract either.
It's probably a lot more fun in multiplayer, if you can get the players.

So like a Full Auto or Jak X thing or something else?

It's nothing really excessive.
You get some bombs that you fling forward and act like sticky mines and some aoe that flings nearby cars. At the cost of nitro, which in this mode renegerates automatically.
There's also some weapon pickups in some special derby modes but I only played a race with weapons.

Problem is the AI is ez mode. The weapons are pretty hectic at the start, but you can still just drive away from your oponents.

Some gameplay is out

Better yet, the whole stream. Starts at 30 minutes.

twitch.tv/videos/141122646

FUCKING
BULLSHIT

Someone tell James it's fucking happening. People are expecting monetary imbursement for fucking MODS based on pre-existing content for a game.

The worst part is that dumbasses will still buy it.

Encode your videos in VP9. You'll get twice the quality for the same bitrate.

What's to stop someone from giving him a buck and then sharing the models?

it's called the free market, you commie nigger

the fact that people actually pay for DLC of any kind is further proof that the human race must die

Doesn't seem hard to deal with.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Anyone want to part with 100 cents of their own dosh to set this mod free from the ~sheck~ shackles of tyranny?

Loeb is so baller.

Horizon 3 performance patch actually made a difference for me. I can finally play on something other than the lowest settings. I wonder if it made a difference for anyone with a good CPU though, since the main change was a multi-thread option.

Speaking of Horizon the Hotwheels DLC dropped and it's sick looking And I'll never play it due to being stuck on the bone and win10. Such a shame

Also, did NFS '15 ever get cracked? I know EA did the 10 hour trial thing but it didn't impress me enough to go actually buy the damn thing.

Only asking because as a new NFS got announced (Source needforspeed.com/en_GB/news/nfs-2017-paying-it-back ). Offline mode is going to be great both because it sucks and it means this will actually get cracked..
Hopefully they actually put some god damn driving physics in instead of Babbys first Ridge Racer Which remains dead sadly. Or for the best considering RR has been nothing but a hot trash fire since RRVita back in 2011.

So anons, any games where you drive through the streets of LA at night during the 80's in a Ferrari while getting chased by police Ford Mustangs?

Check out the skins, there's Highway 35 paint-jobs already

I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

a buck

There hasn't been a single game like post fastnfurious nfs. I'm really thirsty for something like that but NFS is shit now and i've played through the good ones 300 times.

The Crew.
Hope you got it for free because it's not worth any money despite being good for just driving around since the map is so big (although empty).

They destroyed the Crew with the new update which means you can't just comfy cruise anymore.

elaborate

cops n robbers, you can't disable that

I dont play The crew, how does it ruin cruising.

There's delivery missions scattered all over the world in the form of boxes which on break trigger it, and they can't be disabled unlike everything else (aside from other players, online only was a mistake)

We're just about a month away from the proper reveal of the next Forza, predictions? I think Blizzard Mountain laid the foundation for snow on Motorsport's tracks.

Not to mention there's never any players. the map is divided in regions and you can only have 3 more or so with you at the same time. So basically you end up playing singleplayer since the map is so big and when you don't it's because the other guy came to ram you.>>12534977

Bump.

Forgot how good the XP from 50 lap races could be.

Bump for the love of god

Fixed.

I though you were just reposting OC I made but no you did a better version.

Well only thing in news is that Redout got a DLC pack. Seems pretty meaty too but it's $8 (currently on sale for $7). Where the fuck is everyone?

Heads up; Dirt Rally is 70% off on steam.

Boy I really want to dick that elf.

Another heads up. There's going to be some sweet sweet GT3 endurance racing tomorrow in Silverstone. Blancpain Endurance series.

And here is a list of participants if someone is interested.

She's a super villainess/stalker though it's done by the same guy who did that comic of the elf going after that super uninterested ork dik.

You can read it here
mangahere.co/manga/zannen_jokanbu_black_general_san/

Anyways bump

So, what are your favorite Assetto Corsa mods?

Well, this started off well.

More WRX, as per usual skip to the semi-finals

If it was a model created from scratch, it probably wouldn't be, but the fact of the matter is he had to have based his model on R*'s Brioso R/A, which would mean he's profiting off of R*'s work. Add to the fact that the Brioso R/A isn't even technically supposed to be available in SP/R* doesn't want you to mod the game AT ALL then that's at least a double felony he'll be looking at if someone decides to be a madman and report his ass.

get fucked

hot wheels shit is fun as FUCK

i turned off MT going it just slowed the cars down when you have to shift like 6 gears in less than a second

It taunts me so.

A big Redout patch released today. The new lighting looks nice.

store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2423345440409690876

what the fuck
I'm gonna go mad

I was playing the Hot Wheels DLC intro and then there's a fucking giant dinosaur. Holy shit I wasn't expecting it to be that good.
It really looks like the devs are having fun with Forza.

should I pull the trigger on Dirt Rally even if I don't know if my Linux toaster (Phenom II 955, 12G RAM, Radeon 7850) runs it?

It's decent, but MXGP2 is better.

Refunds got you covered there, either way Dirt Rally runs really well on older hardware, but I'm guessing your phenom may bottleneck?

it's overclocked to 3.6GHz and should be good enough but I was thinking that hardened Gentoo Linux may be the bottleneck

either way, I just bought it

WHY DO THEY KEEP PUSHING IT

Because they want to lock fun behind jewing.

I really want a comfy cruising game. Is that too much to ask for these days?

Hood view is best view. Prove me wrong.

What game user? Only game I can think of that requires Wheelieing is Prostreet The Wheelie events can go fuck themselves too. If you have a car that does wheelies in the regular drag racing, it tries to 360. And the ass will catch so you have to try and modulate the throttle to get down the track.

I hate how Green is the default colour for the Rip Rod. Looks like it's Christmas. And it's really petty to point that out since it's changed easily but I shouldn't have to.

It's like Roman Reigns, everyone hates him and not without reason. But he's the company favorite so he's getting shoved down everyone's throats causing the hate to grow.
Of course the reasons behind them are different, Reigns gets pushed because Vince has a hard on for large Samoans and Microsoft wants to be a good goy and get everyone on their spybot OS.

Yes, The Crew (which was the previous comfy driving game) got fucked over by the latest DLC (that will fuck up your game regardless if you bought it or not). Horizon is is quarantined to window10 and the Boned. And Euro Truck can only fill so much autism.

it is indeed PS
I fucking hate this shit, my GTO puts down 1000hp and fucking torks out the ass, has phat tires out back, all upgrades (no tier 4 cause lolpaywall), and is tuned but it literally does not fucking lift the front one bit
it's the one fucking wheelie race I actually fucking have to do to beat the drag queen and I cannot for my life get past it despite my GTO running 6.7

i ran into one of the devs at pax east he wasn't a dick like i was expecting it must be just their "community " guy that's the dick.

haven't had this much fun since burnout paradise

What paywall? They get unlocked by putting in "unlockallthings" (which won't work if you updated the game, but if you're on PC you can use the update to unlock the admitidly buggy dlc cars nfsunlimited.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15696 ).

Unless you meant their in game price, which isn't too bad if you're in a point to go up against the Drag Queen. Other then that I just think it might be the GTO's physics don't work right in Wheelie mode (which might sound stupid as fuck but having put in testing for speed mode, there's just some cars that don't work as intended, for better or worse).

Sucks that it's stuck on Win10 only. The Hot Wheels DLC looks so good Though I suck at vinyl work in it so I couldn't do any Hot Wheels/Highway 35/Acceleracers liveries any justice.

Oh, I didnt know about the cheat.
I'll try and see what gives.

Yep, there are few others too. But you need to have an non-updated game for it to work (it got taken out of later patches). It will also unlock the Acura NSX to buy (and a free but worse Integra). And it also unlocks all the Career events (it resets along with the other unlocks when you boot up the game again or put LEIPZIG into the cheat area apparently).

I think I found the trick but fuck me this is painful

I think you might be able to tune at the track but I can't recall. But I'd say shorten the first and second gear and lower the engine to make the most torque possible as low as possible. You kinda have the opposite problem I had with Wheelie events.

Anyone here made a diy handbrake? I'm thinking about making one out of arcade joystick, but it wouldn't be dynamic, is it even worth it then? I saw some great designs for dynamic handbrake online, but the parts cost almost as much as that fanatec handbrake.

*analog, not dynamic… s-sorry

to what end?

What do you mean?

Think about it really hard user.

I'm trying, but I'm stupid, s-sorry user. ..

So you can initiate a dorifuto the same way you do it in your IRL shitbox.

Or maybe he likes parking sims, or uphill starting, why the fuck not.

anyone buying Dirt 4?

That's some quintessentially british right there.

Yeah, I can see him adjusting his service area.

Or, you know, rally. Or rallycross.

I'm glad I bought one, can't wait to get mine going good

There are many differences from road car to Rally car. You can even hear it crying for death my Oldsmobile is in the shop getting a new tranny so whatever.

Either way bump Why is everything related to cars, but not related to sims dead? Are autism bucks really that strong?

Yes.

I know there are, but 106s still shared the same chassis and block all through the years and models
even then, it's still a very solid car for it's size and weight

I wouldn't know, we didn't get Peugeots over here. Bumping again.

what do you americans do if you wanna buy a cheap small car when you don't have peugeot or renault, honda or toyota?

We have Honda and Toyota.

It's changed a bit over the years. It used to be old large sedans and muscle cars people picked up for cheap, but then boomers started getting nostalgic about those. You can sill find large old sedans but only from the late 70's/early 80's. After the sedans it all the hatchbacks and compacts that the big three rushed to build during the 90's.

how much of an american meme has nascar has become

englishgrammar101.com/

Group B is the Bible Black of motorsports, y/y?

June 9th can't come soon enough

It's more like the Seikon no Qwaser of motorsports. You say you watch it for the racing but everyone knows your real reasons are much dirtier.

I just love how the engines in those cars sound like they're desperately doing everything.

maybe it's just because i live for rally games where you're flying down a 1 lane dirt road at an average of 200 kph but that looks slow and sludgy as fuck. maybe the player just sucks though

Does anyone know if there's a way to emulate a wheel so that games think it's some other wheel? I really want to try out SLRE but it doesn't recognize my wheel, and I really dont want to play with a gamepad.

Most poeple (including me) use a flight stick as the handbrake. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro would do the job well, and for 35USD. If you wanted to go the arcade stick route, a cheap stick and a USB encoder would likely be enough + whatever you wanted to house it in. I'd recommend the flight stick though.

You could mess around with x360ce. Make the game think that your wheel is a controller.

Thanks, I'll try it out.

I don't own a flightstick and if I were to buy one I would want to buy a good one so that I could play flightgames as well, but you do have a point. You can use it out of the box, you don't have to do anything to make it work, but it is more expensive. How do you mount it though? Is it not unstable?

if money is no object the thrustmaster warthog HOTAS set is for my money the best flight stick/throttle combination ever made. it's heavy as fuck, has extremely satisfying flipswitches, has about a million functions you can program, etc. it's also notable because it's the first throttle i saw with split throttles, so you can actually independently power each engine on a dual-engined aircraft. the downside is that it's pretty much the most expensive flight stick you can think of.

a good compromise is the x-56 rhino. i don't own one but own the x-52 pro, and the x-56 is basically a heavier-duty version of that with, again, split throttles. it's got some gay LEDs on it, and still has the shitty twist-rudder that as far as i know can't be locked, but i spent about six hours using one with elite dangerous and it felt perfect. good resistance, adjustable everything important, lots of smaller dials on the throttle for adjusting finer things like thrust while in hover mode etc.

I'm not that user, though the flightstick is a good idea. Right now I just use my clutch pedal as a handbrake, while using semi-automatic shifting with my wheel's paddles.

Thank you for the answer user, money is the issue though, I want to get as cheap by as possible, that why I was looking at the arcade stick since I can get one with buttons for 14€. What I meant by that I want a good glighstick is that if I were to go with the flightstick routh I would want to buy one that I could also use for flight sims.
I heard they have very poor quality control and a lot of hotas brake in few months of use.
I was looking at Thrustmaster T.16000M, which is 120€, but that's also a bit expensive for me at the time.

Group 5>*

how hard is it to understand the appeal of rally cars that were faster than f1 cars going over huge jumps at 180Km/h

We just need the RX supercars in rally.

That's not REAL Group B!

fuck YES reverend horton heat. you my cowboy.

This is what happens when you floor both gas and brake pedals while on reverse gear. Didn't let go at any point.

the game barely even has proper powerbands, too. You're kind of slower on low revs but after that obviously power increases but the rate at which it does is flat. If it wasn't for gearshifting being slower on manual mode you could rev as far as it allows before shifting to go faster

thiccfags have less ego than you. Also you're parroting a myth.

is this an extra /OVGT3/ round?

Who oh who knows a comfy racing game for me and my dad? My dad has only played some Red Alert 2, and even that was more than a decade ago I think - so a little slower and proper controllable game would be very nice.

Gran turismo 4

ftfy

Some of the current Rallycross cars actually are a lot quicker than modern F1 cars. The only problem is that their engine will last like 10 laps then explode

I got this sudden urge to play a motogp game, what's a good one to try?
prefereably where you can fuck around in, do wheelies throw people off their bikes, that sort of thing.

They're not quicker, they just have better acceleration I'm pretty sure.

How do I make a handbrake out of an arcade stick? I've got a spare one lying around I don't mind taking apart

Same thing as this, only use it as a handbrake rather than a shifter.

fuck that

No handbrake for you, then.

what fucking game requires a handbrake? don't you just push the brake real fucking hard?

It's when you really, really want to brake.

Colin McRae Rally, Richard Burns Rally, Dirt Rally, Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo, and just about anything else with "rally" in it other than Perhaps Sega Rally.

Assetto corsa for drifting +

so much for the monthly updates for Next car game

Err user, that's pretty much the definition of quicker?

"quicker" means going faster, not going fast faster.

Cars don't accelerate up to lightspeed on an infinite straight you know.

What are some good games for drifting?
Also, brake or clutch?

I like the Forza games for drifting. There's something about the physics that makes it easier for me. I don't care much for it in the Horizon games though since traffic gets in the way, I stick to the Motorsport games.

Mario Kart has great drifting.
And Ridge Racer.
I haven't played any proper racing games since the PS1 days though so…

Scandinavian flick

NFS underground 1 has an amazing and unique drift mode.

u wot

Where FWDs can drift as good as RWDs…
Yeah, right.

pleb

I actually liked it a lot too, despite preferring sim physics for drifting. Hitting those bonus zones and keeping up a multiplayer felt good. And while the physics were really simplistic, they were fun and you still had to maintain control.

Also I'm just going off what I played of the game like 14-15 years ago when it was released.

Shit, meant multiplier.

Drifting in Driver San Fransisco is pretty fun.

Driver San Francisco was a surprise for me, I bought it for 5€ from the we won't ever sell these, please take them bin and it was breddy gud

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:34E3ED5A3FD06ED5EAFEEBBDFE51CCD5E5289BE8&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=WRC.%202017.%206%2F13.%20Vodafone%20Rally%20de%20Portugal.%20%D0%9E%D0%B1%D0%B7%D0%BE%D1%80%20(Feed)%20%5BHDTVRip-AVC%20720p%2050fps%2C%20ENG%2FFRA%2FINT%5D

WRC 2017 6/13 Vodafone Rally de Portugal

I am sure that Toyota isn't going to continue Tommi Mäkinen's contract. Clearly some foul curse has been placed on him since mid '90s. Just as his stages went to shit due to some incredibly bad luck over and over again, now are stages of his students going to shit even though he isn't even driving. Other than that, first two days of Portugal were some tight stuff.

Did Meeke just forget how to drive at some point?

why is it 33 gigs

Because that's the latest in Piracy protection, in addition to making a game so obviously shit people don't even want it for free. I just noticed it's a video. Probably 4K release then.

Bump

Bump.

I just noticed that the porches added in Horizon 3 weren't all DLC or forzathon cars, which says a lot about how often I actually buy the cars in that game. Out of the 150 or so cars in my garage, I purchased maybe 10. Feels like each game hands out more and more, it's starting to take the fun out of everything.

I tried playing Rally championship 2000 again for nostalgia's sake and god damn I forgot how this game is survival horror in a rally game's skin.
I didn't touch a thing for the first 3 stages but on the 4th stage I went wide on a patch of ice and slid into a tree and I didn't get any mechanical failures for the rest of the stage, so far so good I thought.
On stage 5 all hell broke loose, I lost 2nd gear, my brakes and diff were damaged all in under a minute, a few minutes later I damage my suspension too. Stage 6 the horror continued I lost 3rd gear and my gearbox was starting to fail, not only did I have to jump from 1st to 4th but on occasion the gear wouldn't go in. 15 tense minutes later I finish the stage and I'm reminded why I didn't finish this game as a kid.

Nig could you send me a copy of that game I've been trying to get one for ages.

nigger search fucking isozone it's been on there for ages
you fat retard

I tried a copy from there several times, it either worked in Italian or doesnt work at all. Having gone through the actual site I now see there's two uploads of it. I'll try the other one.

Bürgerking soon fellow racers!

Because there's three different sources available, and uploader is uploading all of them. Thus you end up with pic related.

He wants to drive like Colin McRae but physics won't let him.

What?

He does not understand the powers he plays with.

This

Oh shit, I guess I know what I'm going to do today and tomorrow then. Thanks.

lucky for you I read an article about how disc rot is a thing and I backed all my old games to my dropbox.

iso:
dropbox.com/s/haqwtsherucsx8q/Rally Championship.iso?dl=0
Patch 6:
dropbox.com/s/1nr6cezjw4hkrvu/patch6.zip?dl=0
no cd crack for patch 6
dropbox.com/s/3qjchck7f2jk1dm/patch6_nocd.zip?dl=0
clio that was included only in the french version
dropbox.com/s/hybg93ep7jvrzyf/Clio.zip?dl=0
a list of the cheats for the game
dropbox.com/s/b3t9rogy6clndht/cheetos.txt?dl=0

the pc gaming wiki page for the game full of useful info
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Mobil_1_Rally_Championship

Here's what you need to do to run the game, and not spend a weekend trying to get it running.
-Open RAL.exe with a hex editor such as HxD.
-Press Ctrl+F and set Datatype to Hex-values.
-Search for 00050004 and replace it with:

That's about it for installing Mobil 1 Rally championship, happy rallying.

forgot to ping

What is the best soundtrack is a racing game?

How do I into Dirt Rally on the monte carlo ice bits?

Here's a 1080p stream instead of a 720p.

Is it just me or are the pace notes for Wales all fucked up in dirt rally?

Well both Meeke and McRae either won or retired, but the ratio's are slightly different to put it charitably.

Thanks fam
I'm expecting an Indy stream tomorrow

wat

Huh, I could have sworn that was some re-stream.

However, this race has been quite interesting.

I really liked Bambino Rally 3. But I beat it, there is no open world or destructible terrain, etc. I'm not one for getting better laps, so you could say I'm searching more for a driving game than a racing one.
what do

BeamNG

I really want a long distance rally game like pre-South America Dakar or pic related. The closest thing I've played to something that feels like it's over a long distance is Outrun or maybe Road Rash.

Spoiler Solberg is a cool guy

Fuel has a giant map, but I don't know how long the races in it are.

Codemasters have said they were interested in doing something like that but they're having trouble getting very large maps to work on their current engine.

Does anybody here still play Gran Autismo 6?

Is The Crew still comfy or is it shit now?

Lots of games have sprint races, but you probably want some multi continent race. Closest I would say is FUEL, but you might have to do it yourself.

Far as I know the last update/DLC fucked it up with boxes that trigger cop chases (that you can't get rid of like the other free drive challanges. Honestly with it hammering away with DLC and a fucking MMO level of part grinding it's just a shit game.

the crew was never comfy

Finally some quattro footage

Nothing will beat NFSU2.

oh yeah reminder that the i20 is a pre-order exclusive, codemasters going back to their old ways.

REMEMBER BURNOUT?
NOW REMEMBER THE WORST PART ABOUT IT AND THAT'S THE ENTIRE GAME, also we meant burnout 2/3.

I liked the crash mode in Burnout 3. Shame the damage in Danger Zone looks like ass.

Why did they think making a game out of one minigame was a good idea.

Formula fusion is out of early access is it any good?

Wales looks like crap in this, especially the field sections. I wonder why, since the other environments look completely fine.

Also, this is fucking painful to look at.

You guys into Outrun? Recently picked up Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast on PC and I'm having an absolute blast.

They accurately portrayed it, then.

Finally some PC footage got out. It looks okay I guess. Not sure I'd be happy to pay 60€ for it though.

The way I see it, you're paying for Dirt Rally + variety.
As much as I like Dirt Rally(270+ hours of liking dirt rally), it got stale pretty fast. Having the "infinite" stage generator + the buggies and trophy trucks as palate cleansers is a something I really like.
I'm biased tho, I really like buggies and big offroad trucks.

You'd think they'd have gotten away from the duebroness after Rally but no.

Also does anyone know why trying to quote someone results in opening a new tab with the thread? Or should I take that to /sudo/?

Either way bump

Re-open the thread, porchmonkey fixed it

Yeah it got fixed while I was posting.

Also were gonna need a new thread soon.

is there any good vaporwave of eurobeat other than going to /mu/'s albums

What are some arcadey racing game that let's you import your own music?

Anyone here watches roadkill?

GTA 5

Be warned GTA5 encodes and decodes on the fly as you play, regardless if you listen to the custom radio.

its not worth it, just have a playlist in the background.

Anyone here tried MXGP3 yet?

Who MX5 CUP here?

Bump limit.

Need new thread, also new Need For Speed: Vin Diesel wannbes.

Wait till this thread hits page 10 at least.

I do though I hate how hard they shove that "Pay to see more" shit. Bring it up next thread.

When I play Driver SF I shut off the music and play something else in the background.
Why the need to import?

Doesn't all GTA games have some custom radio feature?
I seem to remember VC having it.

Yes. But the formats you can play are limited and the 2D games don't have it.
Although it's stupid to even need that on a PC game, just use an audio player.

New thread