Dauntless tech alpha

Anyone else attempting to play this/even got in? I've been trying for the past hour just to get past the tutorial, but Unreal 4 just crashes each time, and the Discord for the alpha is just filled with dev cock sucking faggots, and the main devs themselves seem to have abandoned it, not even leaving behind a community manager.
Come post screen shots if you can, it seems like their only protective measure against this is a little ribbon in the top right, so as long as that or your user name isn't there you're safe

Fucking hell just look at these androgynous pieces of shit. Mutton chop there is the only one that looks somewhat ok. These are what we have to use as the base of our characters. I have never actually gotten physically ill from looking at a 3D model like this before, but holy hell there's a first time for everything

Is this Battleborn?

Fuck, you're not far off. Ever female looks like a lesbo, just like Battleborn

they could've at least had the direction and composition of the faces consistent.

Here's the control scheme for KB+M
It doesn't play suuuuper bad, but the hit boxes are janky as hell, and this tutorial monster really gives me no reason to not just tank it's attacks, it does nothing to me.

Just stream it

so what even is it? some kind of Monster Hunter ripoff?

find out if tripping is in or not, a honest to god deal breaker for me if this game as any sort of stun mechanic

I hope you all like that feeling of Vaseline rubbed across your screen

As I said already, there are multiple ways for my in game name to pop up, and I want to ride this train as long as I can

Pretty much. Feels a lot lighter and faster than MH, but otherwise ya.

Nice tumblr nose

I FUCKING HATE MODERN GAMING
WHY DOES EVERYTHING NEED TO BE ONLINE OR MULTIPLAYER

JUST FUCKING MAKE A GOOD GAME HOLY SHIT

This is what Richard Spencer thinks he looks like

If you mean stun as in player stun, than there is a little bit. It feels kinda like Dark Souls player stun, where if you get hit you're going to be at least knocked back a bit, but recovery is never that long. If you mean monster stun, than yes there is that. It seems like the monster just gets stunned for a bit after taking so much damage.

The character creator is limited to looking like thier tumblr pre-sets. Kill me

Anyways, here's the tutorial monster, some gopher looking thing

are you retarded? this is a monster hunter rip off. hunting with friends is the appeal of the whole thing. its also gonna be f2p

not so much player stun but when your character gets hit by another player character do you react to that in anyway?

Here's some more of their wonderful """"character"""" """""design""""" and an air ship

Haven't gotten into multiplayer myself yet, but from what I've been told, players cannot hit other players as of right now. Again this is an alpha so who knows if that's going to stay consistent

Why do brainlets like MMO's so much? What is fun about a game giving you meaningless level up points if the gameplay isn't good?

The "Strong female characters can't be attractive" meme needs to die.

I saw the videos on the website and the dev team and that's all I needed to see. What a hot sack of shit.

Basic weapon designs

Look at this shit.

this looks like Wildstar.

What are you on about? That's the only one that looks remotely female. Ya, there's a man jaw and some people don't like short hair, but come on that's the closest they got to doing anything right

Found the combo list. Seems like they were smart enough to make different weapons have different play styles, in theory at least

If this was some kind of end-game super weapon I'd understand. But even in Monster Hunter the early game weapons are bland as fuck and uninteresting in their design. And that's obviously intentional to get you to want to hunt Monsters down and craft new weapons. Pics related
Although the Monster Weapons I've seen so far for Dauntless give only a hint of confidence towards the design quality

The Great Axe incorporating mouse movement is cool but the rest of it is fucking lame.

Also, is there seriously no spear or gun with bayonet of some kind?

the hammer has a cannon of some kind

Eh, I was hoping for some kind of long range spear/halberd with a tacked on ranged attack. Sorta like the Bloodborne Rifle Spear.

But I wasn't…? What in my post made you think I was complaining? All I said was that they were the basic weapon designs, I gave no opinion on them

Like the other user said, hammer has a cannon, but otherwise this is the alpha, so not all weapons are in yet

This faggot couldnt get through the Great Jaggi

nigger the only difference is that you cannot lock on on dragons dogma. MH lets you climb enemies now and they added retarded anime moves like dragons dogma.

Whelp, didn't even join a real game yet and already found the first game breaking bug. If you accidentally open the social menu as the same time as the inventory or vice versa, you can only close one of them and the other will get stuck on screen until you log out and back in

We don't know if those are permanent though. They could exist just for the X games(Although I don't hold much hope for the mainline staying untainted since the X games were huge sellers).

Man, this game looks like dogshit.

The art style is really awful

It's pretty much the Tumblr style in 3d form, with the whole androgynous ugly characters and flat/sharp faces and soft colors.

It looks like an even worse kingdoms of amalur

What the actual fuck

IT
GETS
WORSE
BY
THE
i was kinda excited for this game, too ;_;

You spawn into a hunt, these 5 goats block your path and your friendly bots won't stop giving them thumbs up and walking in place, what do?

So the sword is the long sword, the hammer is the gunlance, and the axe is the hammer?

I get that it's an alpha, but, come on.

Not feeling any excitement with the artstyle, looks like a generic MMO.

The visuals are pretty lame but the gameplay is supposedly good since it's aiming to be a Monseter Hunter clone. No screenshot can show that, however. Waiting for a faggot to finally show us some gameplay in action.

So apparently the twin chain-axes or whatever they are have a huge ass range. I could spam the left click on this thing from 30-40 feet away. Also it is apparently super easy to get S+ rankings, people in the different chats have all been saying the same thing.

Thank you for your input. It's good to know that you have the magical ability to tell that it's a generic MMO just from some alpha screen shots i'm posting.

I don't have any video editing software and am not familiar with any free ones that are easy to use, but if you can link one that can just let me crop the screen and possibly black out parts of it I would appreciate that

Just hold the PrintScreen key while you're playing and then paste it on a media player software when you're done.

Ok let me just grow a third hand

Wow, you're a colossal faggot.
The game looks like shit anyway.

Also, I didn't say recording was my problem, I said EDITING

Thanks for stopping by, Mr. (1) and done

A buttsore faggot.
(2)

That PrintScreen thing was a joke anyways, would be neat if it worked though.

No need to be upset, otherwise you're gonna be accused of being a shill. I consider you being a butthurt faggot.

I'll take "bland" and "uninteresting" over "bunch of garbage glued together and covered in glitter" that most fantasy uses these days.

The weapons you posted are SHIT.

I hope you're not actually defending the weapons that were posted earlier
They're just as guilty, if not moreso for being extra WoW-flavored
That's about as shit art design as you can possibly get without just straight up making them unintelligible bullshit that you can't visually recognize as a weapon

do the weapons have sheaths? this is important.
also, is the gameplay as shitty as the art style?

Might be cool
Nevermind.

Where in my post did you read me defending shit weapon design, you dumb nigger?

Are there seriously only 4 weapons?

I bet it will sell like hot cakes.