What was changed?

Give it to me straight. Was anything actually changed or added to this game? Is it worth a pirate if you have the original? How pozzed is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

beamdog.com/planescape_faq
archive.is/IobYa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i pirated it and i've only got about six hours of gametime, but as far as i can tell nothing overt has been changed. morte still hits on anything with a pulse, there are still whores all over the place etc

nothing changed

Considering it is a VIDEOGAME and is digital, i cant imagine it transmitting HIV??

Would you recommend getting this version then? Or is OG Planescape better?

Har har.

no because fuck you Beamdog!

nigger just pirate it and make up your own goddamned mind

Fuck off.

Beamdog deserves no money. Not for this, not for anything.

I'm not giving them shit. They didn't make this game and don't deserve money for it, all I care about is knowing if this version is worth having compared to the original+mods so I can pirate it.

man that game had way too much dialog, same with BG2. I prefer BG1. so much better.

If you just can't be asked to put things like the widescreen mod on the original version of Planescape yourself then sure, pirate it.

Nothing changed in dialog or gameplay

Some mods were packaged in so now you get widescreen and quick transitions. That's about it. I recommend this version be pirated because it makes your life easier, but don't pay beamdog.

Oh before you ask I played it up until the boss fight at the fortress of regrets so I'm almost done and did most quests. Nothing has changed it just has widescreen and loading mods packaged in.

They added "becoming transgender" to one of the dialog choices in "What can change the nature of a man?"

:^)
[spoiler]no they didn't]/spoiler]

Gotcha, so nothing has been particularly changed. That's good. Guess I'll give it a go and compare to the original with mods. Thanks guys.

You seem trustworthy.

Gender neutral pronouns, trannies and privilege checking.

just use/get/download GemRB with it tbqh, I bet that's also what Beamdog's taking code for the HD upscaling

This is true but at the same time really retarded btw. I checked some mods for their EEs a while ago, they actually have some good interface tweaks and some of the "modders" are actually developers there. I have no idea why they go that cheap with EEs and then actually spent effort on mods

Can you turn off the ugly black outline on the characters?

Nope.

Is that even finished? I heard there were a lot of bugs to fix still.

yes: beamdog.com/planescape_faq

It has a lot of bugs and unimplemented features.

So, outline is actually done by game's code, they didn't even put any hand job on sprites? Holy shit.

They changed nothing, it's still the same game. That's why you should buy it.
Don't porate it though, that will steal money directly from Beamdog and that's wrong.

Lewd. But no just ported it over, fixed a few bugs added some stuff you can turn on and off and made it easier to mod.

Get cancer. Pirate it.

After what they've done they deserve much much worse.

I thought the consensus was that the ENHANCED EDITIONS were worth a try if you were using touchscreen and/or Apple hardware.

Hey there is an idea. I could have this on the macbook and give it a play. Might fire up the torrents.

How so? The editions they shit out have both tablet and desktop modes.

Wouldn't Beamdog make more money if they made the EE games free but with microtransactions? It'd certainly match the skill level of the audience they seem to want, and there won't be any pesky Goofygoobers playing the Mac version so they can make as many Goobergabber references as they want.

They sure do. The dilemma is for people who don't use touchscreen nor have apple devices. They can perfectly buy the regular old versions of the game who must be half the price and won't be missing much. Well, they naturally be missing the new stuff but the original games didn't needed that to be remember 17 years later.
(Why would anybody invite in your party a wild mage? Do you know what could possibly happen if a spell goes wrong? Having your cash disintegrated, having fireballs explode in your face, changing your sex or your color, etc. Not my definition of fun)

The whole idea is the retro appeal. Retrogamers are not buying into the microtransactions.
Also, they actually tried giving some Social Justice dialogs to Minsc and the backlash was so serious that they had to remove it.
archive.is/IobYa

Original works under win7. And free engine works on everything.

My whole point is that appealing to retro audiences by (((modernization))) is foolish when you can get the angry bird audience.

It's the exact same game, nothing has changed. Why would you waste time downloading this version?

rune of torment doesn't do any damage because MAGIC RESIST 999999
idk if thats normal or not tho

In complete and total honesty, because I like to be able to zoom in and out. That's literally all I care about from EE.

Coran and/or Kivan should have been in BG2 tbh. It's a shame how archers got fucked in BG2

I am just happy that beamdog is somewhat dying. Not as many people bought this version and beamdog sperged out at a lot of fans and lost many after all their bullshit.

I guess they thought the most played class was ranger/archer anyway, that's why there are no archer NPCs.
The archer kit is simple but pretty powerful.