Vivendi Takeover of Ubisoft soon™

This year, at least.
archive.is/9y6Hc
The question is will this lead to the death of ubishit or will their Judaism exceed far past the likes of even EA?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/w6Lxj
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good, take overs always result in firings.

Both.

But, if jewbisoft is a parasite, isn't this just giving them another host?

If only.

It depends on the nature of the takeover. They could just take Ubisoft under their umbrella, or they could break them apart piecemeal and los the higher ups and channel the workers to different departments, the latter is honestly preferable.

Just saw that there.
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-04-25-vivendi-to-attempt-hostile-bid-for-ubisoft-this-year-reuters

You'd better pray that they do the latter and hit Blue Byte in the first quarter after the takeover.

Hold up there partner, Ubisoft doesn't actually own PoP. That's the reason why Assassin's Creed became it's own series instead of a PoP spin-off like originally planned.

Good.
I hope they fire every single one of those cunts.
They deserved everything for trying to jam their gay liberal propaganda shit on the industry for years.

Those news are strangely sure of themselves considering Vivendi already failed a takeover last year and the only recent official declaration was by the guy they put at the helm of Gameloft (ubisoft's mobile branch which did get taken over).
archive.is/w6Lxj
The gist in english : "we'll monitor ubisoft's results but we're content to be where we are now, we'll just move forward if they fuck up".
So basically reuters is just peddling rumors.

merging ubisoft and vivendi is like the consolidation of AOL and Time Warner: both are from the same nation, but mix worse than citric acid and potassium

You mean competent people fired. The incompetents are the ones who survive.

hol up, who even owns PoP right now then?

I WARNED YOU ABOUT SURVIVAL OF THE LEAST FIT BRO!!!
I TOLD YOU DOG!
I TOLD YOU MAN
I TOLD YOU ABOUT SURVIVAL OF THE LEAST FIT!

Jordan Mechner, the guy behind the original PoP.

and he managed to still keep the rights to that for all those years? the madman
but then what about The Forgotten Sands?
was he in need of some cash and just said fuck it?

it's not uncommon to license your shit for one-offs, usually charging an exorbitant fee and getting a percentage of any returns. this is how so many star wars games got made before disney and EA fucked that up

Lately I've been playing a few Old Ubisoft games (specifically the good Splinter Cell games) and it's a damn shame they've gotten so shit. Oh well, burn the corpse because it's all rot now.

My only hope is that they start making good Splinter Cell games again, but I know I'll be disappointed

Will we finally get Driver San Francisco 2?

god help us

I remeber reading articels last year that vivendi was attempting to takeover ubisoft.

ubisofts response to this was to create high quality products so as to gain customer support.

that worked out for you didn't it ubisoft?

I guess only Montreal got the memo with Siege.

and they only took notice to the memo one year after sieges launch

That's great. Good for him.

You mean

Vivendi will likely purge the leftists from Ubisoft and force them to become like Activision where the bottom line is the most important thing. Ubisoft doesn't stand a chance anymore, not after:

There is no reason for the investors not to salvage their investment by allowing a Vivendi buyout.

But user, we already had such an atrocity committed.

Are normalfags finally waking up? It seems so, most shit games that aren't from an e-celeb (todd howard, kojima, etc) are bombing.

Also, pretty much this.
Ubisoft has always been a corporate hellhole just like activision and EA, but they made good games at some point. Now however they have leprosy and the only sensible thing to do is isolate them and then burn the body.

but it looked pretty

Ubisoft screwed up the French releases of the original Might and Magic series, where their only involvement was the French translations, so bad they were not completable. Depending on the game they either failed to change the anwser to a text parser puzzle to something in French (at least you could complete it with outside knowledge) then next game did update the answers, but didn't let you type the accent mark characters they included.

Bobby used his satanic powers to free his companies from the clutches of Vivendi. Say what you will about him. That man knows how to survive in business.

Honestly I have a weird respect for Bobby. As far as big major publishers go he's not THAT bad a guy and him calling out Mr. Shitface was great.

I think it may be better if Ubi falls to Vivendi hands. Vivendi did published or at least had a part or oversaw these games during their golden period:

- Spyro
- Crash
- SWAT
- Empire Earth
- Tribes

Not exactly sure how much Viv get involved with the last two, but the first three, iirc, they had a lot of influence on it (read: keep artists/writer 'art impulses' in check with reality but also gave them some freedom so they will not go wonky ape shit like Kojima now).

You mean Ubisoft will be even more pozzed than it is now? Is that even possible?

not going to happen

prince of persia has already been rebooted and assassins creed is currently on rest…

You mock but its a recurring trend in development studios. When the bigger corps get the dev company they introduce shitty corp culture and
other bullshit that drives off the competent devs that normally don't want to work with big corps. Or the fucked up culture and forced pacing that publishers like vivendi, EA and Zenimax force end up burning the guys out and they leave for greener pastures.

Theres also the sjw shit, for places like bioware and possible EA who force the diversity crap and you're liable to be fired for not towing the diversity line, or just plain being too talented and standing out.

Explain to me how EA can compete even with FIFA being the highest grossing franchise. Vivendi now has: COD, Madden, Asscreed, Farcry, and Blizzshit. I don't like the direction this is going. With this much power they could influence the market to take away anime tiddies.

Wildlands most certainly did not bomb. It was #1 on the March NPD charts.

ActiBlizzard bought out their independence, bud. That's why Vivendi is going for Ubi.

Sauce?

There's almost always a social based meta-system that hangs over the actual system. Someone good at that meta-system has more 'power' than someone actually good at something.

Kinda like how ten thousand dollars in politics can eventually net 10 billion dollars in industry.

that's an awfully stilted way to say 'friends or fuckbuddies get promoted'

the correct reaction is indifference