What was the last good game that EA made? My vote is for Dead space (1&2 but not 3)

What was the last good game that EA made? My vote is for Dead space (1&2 but not 3)

You're probably right.

I was just recently thinking about how Dead Space was the last good horror franchise too. All other horror franchises started following the Amnesia model of making the player a complete weakling who can't fight and always has to run and hide. I hate it.

Road Rash and Mutant League Football back in the 1990s.

a better question

I never got into DS over that horrible reload system.

Dead Space's problem in this regard was the fact that ammo management was never important, you could even game the system by only having 1 weapon and you find ammo all over the place

Did they ever actually make games?

Dead Space 2 and Titanfall 2 are the only good things the published in the last 10 years.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) is the last "great" title to come to mind, but it does suffer from the fact that it's noticeably a "copy-and-paste" of Burnout Paradise in some areas.

The part I hate isn't the "weak pathetic" character that the player plays as, it's the first person perspective that I hate. Here we've come decades later in gaming, and we still use the same tricks that the original System Shock utilized (Which, itself, is also being remade).

I think it was more of a currency resource thing than ammo management. If you played bad you'de have to buy med kits which cost a fucking ton. Which meant you wouldn't have enough credits for ammo. Consider this on harder difficulty's and you have a problem because enemies fucking hurt.

Hahahaha, good joke OP, they don't "make" games, they publish and fund their slave studios for them.

Well if you want a good horror game that actually spooks you your character should be inherently pretty weak. But an action horror game is just fine for what you're describing.

What do you mean?

DS3* rather.

I don't think I even put two hours into the third game before dropping it. I don't remember anything wrong with the reload system though.

I think he's on about the universal ammo. Though it might have been more, I didn't even touch the game.

Dead Space isn't good and its not even horror.

2142 was the only thing I fondly remember.

muh nig

I miss 2142. Was the last real Battlefield game.

Pretty much. The only one I could stomach for more than 6 months before I stopped. Titan Mode is something that needs to come back somewhere somehow.

Why were Bad Company, 3, and 4 bad games.

Titanfall 2.

But dont make threads about it, a 6+ month old game, or you are a shill.

The last decent game would be Titanfall 2.
Also liked C&C:TW and Crysis 3 but those are a bit older now.

Their sports games are consistent good for sports games, I'd have thought. Not a genre I care about mind.

3 was good too, you hipsters are all the same

bait

bait :^)

I think we're all still in a state of shock that a good game may have somehow come out of EA's dev-dungeons. They certainly didn't want anyone to know about it or even see it succeed.

Did they actually make Dead Space? I figured they were just the publishers.

I want to fuck yarny

They've been publishing since the begining of their time. Other than that they absorb and consume smaller companies during their free time.

In the early 90s they made their own games. Now they're just a publisher.

Spaghetti man is too pure for EA

I disagree, it was good enough to make me forget it was a RE 4 clone

Why the fuck do people like this game? It can't go 5 seconds without springing a jumpscare making them all extremely predictable. The entire game is in a series of hallways. The gameplay is really shit compared to resident evil 4 especially when you factor in RE4's weapons and upgrades vs Dead Spaces weapons and upgrades, and it's just mediocre all around.

Also I saw event horizon the movie this game ripped its plot off of, and the game would have been ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE better if they just ripped off the entire thing.

Not necessarily true. Horror doesn't only stem from the fear of being defenseless.

Spaghetti man is a swedecuck

I want this bullshit to end
EA's been churning out shit since its inception in the 80s, expecting a long-term downturn solely on a predestined game/year is conceited as shit. Quality can be effected (ex. every writers strike in movies/television ever), but retarded tunnel vision in threads like this is batshit insane.

A follow up question to the OP's: What was the last good game Ubisoft made?

My nigger.

EA didn't make dead space, though.

EA didn't make titanfall, though.

EA didn't make battlefield 2142, though.

EA didn't make unravel, though.

like what ? the sports series ? even all the 90s EA games are done by subsidary or third party dev until they fully dissolve it into another husks dept.

EA hasn't made a single game since the second generation of consoles.
They do tend to ruin companies that make videogames every one or two years, guess that's whats making them money now.

I don't even think Dead Space was good. It was super fucking predictable for a horror game and held your hand like you were a snotty retard, even had a button that drew a fucking line on the ground telling you
HEY RETARD, GO THIS WAY

Red Steel 2 or the Rayman games if you're into that

I already played red steel 2 and it's great.
I'll try out rayman as soon as i get working on my backlog

Did you play XIII? I heard that's good, too

I played the ps2 version around launch ackshually. I had just installed a modchip on my ps2 so I started pirating a bunch of shit.

If you want something that's quick and easy to get into I highly recomend Rayman Legends. It's not as hard as Origins but it fucking oozes fun and feel good

i wanna ooze fun and feel good into the viking chick

HOL UP'
How do you define "made by EA"? Because the answer changes drastically depending on that definition.
These two are the only ones I'd say where they actually made something, as they would have nearly complete creative control.
This one is iffy, as EA still has a lot of creative control but until the studio is officially liquidated and/or its staff replaced then it's not all-EA making the decisions.
With this one EA has far less of a say in the game's production, so it's not really an "EA game".

International spy uniform best uniform

ZombiU, it had so much potential to be a big thing, but it all went to waste when Ubisoft cancelled the sequel and they made the port to superior systems be the inferior version.

you like brown girls dont you snake?

Made by and acquired.

Pretty much, yeah. But only until 3/4 of the game, because from then on and also 2+3, it basically became a total shooter.

A good horror game, makes the enemies only a bit slower than you, unpredictable and very hard to kill, so you rather want to run away, but can fight back if needed, even if most of the time you will die while doing that, because you run out of ammo or the enemy kills you within 2-3 hits.
And for example a thing i personally loved about silent hill, was the fact that the controls were wonky as hell which added another layer of feeling confined, but that was probably because of ps1 limitations and its controller.

It`s shit, faggot.

Disable the retarded post proccess and motion blur, there`s an option in the registry.

EA in 2008 the CEO was turning the company around

they fired him after they weren't getting "call of duty sales " from the games he was pushing

had a shit ton of FREE dlc you can't tell me that this game wasn't fun

But, it didn't sell (According to the shareholders). That's the problem. At the end of the day, despite how much people scream about how video games are art or how they should be fun, we have to come back to the fact that video games are a business first and foremost. And, that's something everyone on both side cannot seem to grasp.